Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
April 27th

1974 - John Toshack struck at West Ham as we drew a top-flight encounter 2-2, with Kevin Keegan on target at the death. Alec Lindsay had a penalty saved by Mervyn Day in the first half. Trevor Brooking and Frank Lampard both struck for the home side.

1977 - We beat Everton 3-0 at Maine Road in a F A Cup Semi Final replay, to keep on course for the treble. Our goals came from a Phil Neal penalty, Jimmy Case and Ray Kennedy that day. Both sides also had strong penalty claims turned down.

1985 – Alan Hansen played his 400th reds game as we drew 0-0 at Ipswich Town.

1991 - A testimonial match for Ray Kennedy was staged at Highbury. A reds team beat Arsenal 3-1, with Jan Mølby, David Speedie and Peter Beardsley on the scoresheet.

1996 - Ian Rush played his final reds game at Anfield, with Stan Collymore scoring the only goal of the game against Middlesbrough. He was applauded onto the pitch by a ‘guard of honour’ from both teams.

2002 - Michael Owen made his 150th League appearance as we lost 1-0 at Tottenham Hotspur, thanks to a Gus Poyet goal. It was our first defeat in fifteen League games and made winning the title a near impossibility. This was also Jari Litmanen’s 43rd and final game in a reds shirt.

2002 A Neil Mellor brace sent the Under-19’s into the Final of the National Play-offs, as we overcame Nottingham Forest 2-1, to set up a two-legged tie with Arsenal. These goals took the boy Mellor to 44 goals for the season.

2005 - We held Chelsea to a goalless draw at Stamford Bridge in the first leg of our Champions League Semi-final. The evening was only slightly spoiled by Xabi Alonso’s unwarranted booking that would rule him out of the Anfield return. Steven Gerrard had an emergency dental operation on the morning of the game.

2013 - Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson struck twice each, with Daniel Agger and Fabio Borini also on target as we won 6-0 at Newcastle United, with Mathieu Debuchy sent off for the home side late on.

2014 – We lost 2-0 to Chelsea at Anfield to deal our title chances a major blow. The visitors were time-wasting from the first minute as we felt the absence of the suspended Jordan Henderson. Steven Gerrard slipped at the end of the first half to allow Demba Ba a clear run on goal, and he slipped the ball past Simon Mignolet. We failed to break down the Blues’ blanket defence, with Willian nabbing a stoppage time second. Iago Aspas made his fifteenth and final reds appearance, with future red Mohamed Salah and ex-red Fernando Torres both featuring for the visitors.

2022 – Jordan Henderson featured in the UEFA Champions League for the fiftieth time as we beat Villarreal 2-0 in the first leg of our Semi-final at Anfield, on our way to reach the Final for the xth time. The score was level at the break, with Pervis Estupiñán deflected a Henderson cross into his own goal before Sadio Mané double our lead.
v West Ham

Alisson
TAA Quansha VVD Robertson
Szoboszlai Endo MacAllister
Salah Gakpo Diaz

Score: 2-1 LFC
First goal: Bowen
DP: 8
Unlike some, I’ll admit my ignorance. I know nothing about him, I also know very little about Amorim. Slot seems like he has the character for the job though, and that is part of the job.

Anyone who thinks we’ve paid £10m for a transition manager is a moron.
I'd never heard of him or Amorim until we were linked with both. That's no slur on either. It's just an admission of my own ignorance. All I know now is that he's Feyenood manager and every time I see him he reminds me of Pepe Reina.

To be honest, it's this that's creating the excitement for me. I really don't know what to expect, and our opposition won't either. it could be fun. I certainly hope he's in for the long haul and able to continue Jürgen's wonderful legacy while creating a new era all of his own. He's quite young, and if he gets it right he could be here for a long time to come.
The fact there is a Euros this summer is annoying. This means a lot of internationals will be back late for pre-season training.  The upside for the younger players is they will get longer to impress the manager and be more in the spot light because a lot of he regular first team will be missing.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 08:06:31 am »
Would rather Arsenal win it than 115 FC doing an unprecedented 4 titles on the bounce.

4 in a row might finally get thick as shit United fans to realise that cheering for their local rivals to keep winning stuff maybe isn’t that great after all.
Feyenoord fans do also sign YNWA so there’s that.

That’s really inclusive of them. Good for them.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by duvva 💅 on Today at 08:04:21 am »
What’s the lowest waiting list number been so far?

We’re just under 1200 for Wolves so hopeful, but thinking it might be the lowest yet, although if/as we’re not challenging that might help
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Rob K on Today at 08:03:28 am »
Behind The Mask - Eric Clapton

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
The Boozer / Re: Rubbish prizes
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 08:02:36 am »
Years ago when your and naive I was accosted by an attractive women handing out scratch cards at Piccadilly Station. Has a little scratch and she says “oh my God! You’ve win a cruise!”. I’m normally cynical, assume things are too good to be true, but she was lovely and could t possibly be lying to me I thought.

All I had to do was sign up to something that cost a few quid a month and then supposedly got me free entry/discounted drinks in certain Manchester bars. I thought I was being had, but still, for a cruise, not a bad deal.

Signed up, read the small print. The ‘cruise’ was pretty much a ferry from Hull to Norway and back. 2 nights. I never went, and never used the card. That showed them. :wanker

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by LiamG on Today at 08:01:52 am »
Then we get to the people who were saying what a fantastic goalscorer Toney is. Well at Nunez's age he was in League one scoring 16 and 24 League goals. His first season in the Premier League at the age of 26 he scored 12 League goals.

Then we get to Ollie Watkins who at Nunez's age was getting 10 league goals in consecutive seasons in the Championship.

It is absolutely nuts to think that big powerful forwards don't tend to improve as they reach their peak years.

Some great points, guess you could add Solanke to that list too?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10