Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 108808 times)

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #640 on: December 5, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »
With Martin Kelly at right-back, that game ends 0-0.

Without Glen Johnson Chelsea would have finished 1-1.

Your chatting shite mate.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: December 5, 2011, 11:06:17 pm »
Yes that's right.  Let's all sit and continuously moan about something that is now well out of our hands.

I'm sure that's what Kenny will be telling the team.  Get on with it, the next 5 games SHOULD be winnable.

There is ignoring the truth and accepting the truth.

After a good moan it´s possible to accept that things didn´t go the right way this summer in order to have a serious go for being top 4.

Work in progress is just an excuse in our situation. We battered them last year at their ground under far worse circumstances and we should have won this, with or without the ref.

In between there were decision which made us look pretty much being MORE in progress than before. That´s a fact there for discussion.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #642 on: December 5, 2011, 11:06:18 pm »
I'd love it if we would go for Roberto Soldado in January, a great striker who would be even better alongside Suarez.

What makes you think money will be available, especially the sort of money needed for someone like Soldado?

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #643 on: December 5, 2011, 11:06:19 pm »
It's time for some of the knobheads supporting us to find another club.
It was apparent tonight that even when going down to ten men we kept fighting. Kenny's breeding the winning mentality.
Carroll as of yet does not look like a Liverpool player but neither did Lucas a year or two ago.
Henderson's a kid still finding his feet but will come good.
Patience is the key!

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #644 on: December 5, 2011, 11:06:23 pm »
liverpool should have bought dempsey a long time ago
that´s the chelsea way and it´s clearly not working either. If we can just discover the formula.. hmm.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #645 on: December 5, 2011, 11:06:49 pm »
With Doni in goal that game ends 0-0. 

Obviously that is the only LFC game you have seen this season.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #646 on: December 5, 2011, 11:06:52 pm »
our squad is worse that 2007 aswell

Wern't you one of the ones always giving the manager back then crap for not buying anyone decent? Never thought I'd hear you claim this.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ritzio

• Main Stander
  • Hello....hello....here we go!
« Reply #647 on: December 5, 2011, 11:07:14 pm »
dont blame the ref, we should have been a couple up before the send off

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: December 5, 2011, 11:07:24 pm »
What makes you think money will be available, especially the sort of money needed for someone like Soldado?

A couple of more dropped points and the owners will may feel the need to secure their investment?
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: December 5, 2011, 11:07:55 pm »
Without Glen Johnson Chelsea would have finished 1-1.

True.

Your chatting shite mate.

Possibly also true.  Just stating my opinion, Johnson is not a good enough defender and what he adds to our attack does not make up for his defensive ineptitude.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #650 on: December 5, 2011, 11:07:59 pm »
It's time for some of the knobheads supporting us to find another club.
It was apparent tonight that even when going down to ten men we kept fighting. Kenny's breeding the winning mentality.
Carroll as of yet does not look like a Liverpool player but neither did Lucas a year or two ago.
Henderson's a kid still finding his feet but will come good.
Patience is the key!
;D By continually dropping points to teams we´ve dropped points to forever and should be beating? I´m sorry but I just had to chuckle at that. I honestly do trust him though.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:05 pm »
I'll probably get over the former by morning. But the latter is becoming a bit of a concern

Norwich Blackburn and Bolton have all scored more than us this season, and 2 of those teams are sitting in the relegation zone

If that's not a wake up call for us to address the issue about our current lack of finishing then I don't know what is to be honest
Yeah and why not play Maxi when he's on a hot streak? Should play Carroll at home to boost his confidence and not in an away game where he didn't trouble the defence. Kenny & Clarke should have recognised this after the first half, i.e. Fulham were happy to sit back. We needed someone with more guile and could find space in tight areas. Carroll does not fit that description. Maxi should have played in the wing and let Suarez partner Bellamy

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:12 pm »

Oh ffs!

Without Glen we wouldn't have beaten Chelsea.

it's not how football works ffs. The whole dynamic of the game changes if Kelly starts, we could have lost 4 nil for all you know.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #653 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:17 pm »
just fucking sick of spineless shite referees. how many mistakes did he make? dempsey on bellamy -retaliation. that is a red card. foul on suarez should have been a pen this tosser gave a free kick against suarez!!!!!, the tackle on adam- no way on earth that ref can make that decision, by giving the free kick 2 inches off the pen area. if you are that pedantic why did you not make EVERY throw in or free kick be taken from exactly the right spot? the pull back on carroll from senderos= 2nd yellow nothing given. and as for the sending off, well, he couldnt wait to wave his card around. but what was the red for? not in control of the tackle? he was, look how much of the ball and how far it went. violent conduct? why? because he won the ball, and if that was violent conduct what was dempsey? dangerous play? because his leg followed through and touched the man, it wasnt spearings fault he carried on running in front of jay. this ref says EVERY tackle that catches a man, however slight ( and lets face it the fulham guy was up and running seconds after the incident), is a red card if it is of the ground. well i for one will remember that and give every ref and linesman shit for the rest of the season when they dont send other players off for similar tackles. our players should as well, fuck sportsmanship now, i never thought id think that but being fair gets you nowhere with these refs. suarez tried to stay on his feet numerous times against fulham, trying to be strong against the defender, and HE was penalised. its shite and getting shitter. referees must be answerable to the media after games. and , not demoted, fired if they fuck up.               apart from that we should have seized the game and made all this academic. but when you are struggling for whatever reason, you need an even playing field and we nowhere near got that tonight.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:33 pm »
dont blame the ref, we should have been a couple up before the send off

We'd have been 1-0 up if it wasn't for the ref/linesman.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #655 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »
I'd love to see the amount he's missed too.  Clinical would mean he scores more than he misses, or something along those lines.

Stop backtracking its a dam sight more clinical than any Liverpool player have been this year. Seen a stat earlier that before tonights game Suarez  has the 2nd highest amount of shots in the PL with 48 shots and 4 goals RVP is top with 453 shots and something like 15 goals.

Story of our season so far I'm afraid. Well that and the fucking woodwork.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
« Reply #656 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »
Don't understand why people fear a lack of investment, if we need money, we'll get it, owners have made it clear on that front.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #657 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:45 pm »
Yeah let's all be negative instead and throw the towel in instead. We'll, never, never win ever again, is that better? Does that fit in with what you want to hear.

People are clearly disappointed and frustrated. What is the point of comments like that? Do you think their opinions are suddenly going to change?

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #658 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:52 pm »
What's with this 'stop moaning' stuff? We just lost a game we should've won against a team who can't win a match. Now is the time for moaning. What else is there to do? I was not happy we were fucking drawing and then we went and lost. If you aren't whining about that then you should be

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: December 5, 2011, 11:08:58 pm »
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #660 on: December 5, 2011, 11:09:11 pm »
We could give him a try there, couldn't be any worse than at RB ;)

Hw probably would have dealt with the shot better than Pepe did.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #661 on: December 5, 2011, 11:09:21 pm »
True.

Possibly also true.  Just stating my opinion, Johnson is not a good enough defender and what he adds to our attack does not make up for his defensive ineptitude.

Nothing possible about it.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #662 on: December 5, 2011, 11:10:34 pm »
We have now one of the worst midfields in the world.

Spearing, Adam, Henderson.............are no......Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard..............

All of our summer signings are really average and we keep changing a winning forumla.

:(

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #663 on: December 5, 2011, 11:10:44 pm »
You can't say that, Doni has not demonstrated himself to be a superior goal-keeping to Reina.  Kelly is head and shoulders above Johnson as a defender (but weaker on the attacking side of the game)

Well obviously I was being a little tongue in cheek. But I just feel that people are quick to jump on one mistake to the exclusion of the good things that Johnson did tonight (and in other games) whilst doing the opposite with Kelly.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kelly has a really big future in the game, but at the moment Johnson is a level above him both offensively and defensively. Whilst it is a game of opinions, I feel pretty safe knowing that mine is one that is shared by the managers of both club and country.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #664 on: December 5, 2011, 11:10:53 pm »
Time to get out of the "work in progress" phase

We've been a fucking work in progress for 20 years mate, they built the Anglican cathedral quicker....

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: December 5, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »
Obviously that is the only LFC game you have seen this season.

Was joking mate

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #666 on: December 5, 2011, 11:12:16 pm »
Wern't you one of the ones always giving the manager back then crap for not buying anyone decent? Never thought I'd hear you claim this.

this current liverpool team lacks goals

thats a big worry

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #667 on: December 5, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »

::) With Suarez in goal it ends 0-1 Suarez saves Murphy's shot and Pepe heads the winner.

Trapps Army 2012

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: December 5, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »
Got over run in the middle all game. Jol wasn't interested in playing wide he knew we would be weaker in the middle rather than Enrique and Johnson. It worked. Spearing before his sending off wasn't good enough for me. He won't mind me saying that.

Offline skene11

• Kemlynite
« Reply #669 on: December 5, 2011, 11:12:51 pm »
Stop backtracking its a dam sight more clinical than any Liverpool player have been this year. Seen a stat earlier that before tonights game Suarez  has the 2nd highest amount of shots in the PL with 48 shots and 4 goals RVP is top with 453 shots and something like 15 goals.

I totally agree with you that we need a striker, I just don't think that the wage thief Adebayor is the answer, misses far too many chances (which in my eyes is the opposite of clinical).

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: December 5, 2011, 11:13:00 pm »

Well thats not very clinical  :)
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline AlexanderKruseBerg

• Main Stander
    • Luis Suarez skills!
« Reply #671 on: December 5, 2011, 11:13:12 pm »
Did Spearing deserve the red card? Yes
Was it a goal? Yes
Was it a penalty? Yes
Did Senderos deserve his second yellow? Yes

And why did Bellamy get that yellow card?!?

So unlucky today, and still really ineffectiv.
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #672 on: December 5, 2011, 11:13:14 pm »
Carroll still has a role to play, but we do need an out and out goal scorer.
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline keswick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: December 5, 2011, 11:13:21 pm »
RT @MartinKelly1990: We'll bounce back saturday, with the crowd behind us! The ref didn't have a #scoobydoo

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #674 on: December 5, 2011, 11:13:46 pm »
well John Henry will surely want to invest big money for at least 1-2 players in January given the fact it's obvious that we're just not scoring enough goals so our chances of getting a CL spot are getting smaller.

and I stumbled upon an article the other day saying that Liverpool are seriously considering of getting Soldado in January. The article is probably bollox but it got me thinking.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline suredross

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool nie...Asante Kotoko nie!!!
    • Asante Kotoko
« Reply #675 on: December 5, 2011, 11:13:47 pm »
^^..so true...

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #676 on: December 5, 2011, 11:14:13 pm »
Higuain?
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #677 on: December 5, 2011, 11:14:28 pm »
WHY did MAXI not play tonight??!!!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline ahfolk79

• Main Stander
« Reply #678 on: December 5, 2011, 11:14:36 pm »
We need a bit of perspective I think. We are missing arguably our two best players - Lucas and gerrard. We have a very unlucky sending off (which on balance probably was the correct decision). Because we were still trying to win what was a finely balanced game, we lost.

I can't agree that it was a horrible performance. That was not a wolves or Blackpool at anfield last season. We played pretty well, but made some bad decisions in the final third.

Sure I'm pissed off that we lost and I hate us playing on Monday nights etc but one win is still better than 2 draws.

Let's just hope we win on Saturday (we'd better because i've got tickets) and have gerrard back soon.
"He’s not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I’d have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than for people like [Christian] Poulsen, [Raul] Meireles and [Paul] Konchesky, who are players I was quite happy to bring to the club."

Roy feeling justifiably smug about the powerhouses he snatched from under the noses of Barca

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: December 5, 2011, 11:14:57 pm »