Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 108813 times)

Offline ThatYungstarrYNWA

• Main Stander
  • [Insert clever comment here]
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1080 on: December 6, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »
Yep mate - Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea and Fulham all tally up come May.

One thing that is really bugging me is our wasted opportunities from free kicks. Suarez either skies them or Adam drills the wall. We need to take advantage of those situations as with last night in stoppage time.

Two words to shore up that FK problem: Steven Gerrard...captain needs to get healthy!
YNWA: We don't wear it on an armband, we wear it on our hearts...

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #1081 on: December 6, 2011, 08:33:03 pm »
Been in a foul mood all day today because of this result, fully expected us to get a result. Can't get my head round the fact that Arsenal are now comfortably ahead of us, and a better goal difference too, considering their start to the season; thought we'd be over the hills and far away from them at this point of the season >:(also wish Downing would stop hitting the post all the bastard time, and just put the ball in the onion bag.
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1082 on: December 6, 2011, 08:41:09 pm »
Not a sending off but no need to follow through like that, silly mistake again by Reina but we should already be leading. Need a natural goalscorer, like Carroll but he's not fitting in at the moment.
YNWA

Offline Red Sox

• Main Stander
  • welcome to the heighway .........
« Reply #1083 on: December 6, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »
I just felt the game was crying out for maxi ................... he seems to have a knack of scoring in games like last night.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1084 on: December 6, 2011, 08:50:41 pm »
I do find it a bit perplexing that after Christmas it's generally accepted that things start to get "srs bsns", but just before Christmas it doesn't matter if we drop three points?
That's squeaky bum time don't you know?
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: December 6, 2011, 08:59:37 pm »
That Spearing challenge was a red.

Don't know if people really noticed but Jay meant that follow through, it wasn't unavoidable. It's a natural thing for an old school midfield player, you want to let your opponent know you're there, take a bit of him while still playing the ball. I've done them myself, but the thing is, you don't really get away with much in football these days. The rules have changed, so kop on. Raising your left foot so blatantly to his shin will always give the ref a decision to make, and these days, they're usually red. Jay still thinking he's back in the 80s is his responsibility, and he cost us.

Dembele's a clever boy too, knew the challenge was coming, had his leap started well before Spearing tried to be clever, barely any damage done. But hey, no scene is complete without the obligatory roll around.

Edit: Oops.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2011, 09:23:25 pm by surfer »

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1086 on: December 6, 2011, 09:16:24 pm »
Thought the tackle was on Demble not Dempsey!
Red