Author Topic: Shaun Wright Philips  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
Shaun Wright Philips
« on: July 31, 2004, 09:22:02 am »
Great little player and would love to see him getting on the end of a Steven Gerrard pass,but the reason I started this thread!!!!!! Wait till you see his goal last night,just seen it on Sky Sports news,he took it on from the edge of his own box to the edge of Wolves's and hit a stormer into the back of the net,great goal
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Redbrummy

• Legacy Fan
  • Olivia Katie Rose 22/8/08
Re: Shaun Wright Philips
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 09:24:49 am »
Just seen that meself,,hes a great little player

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 12:32:49 pm »
Yeah, lovely goal. Unfortunately don't think he'll get too close to the England team until Beckham retires
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline wellsie82

• Where's me tractorrrrrrrrr?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 12:34:20 pm »
Already had him in my squad for the fantasty footy league  ;)

Glad to see he's carrying on from last season  :)
the best cashback site on the net.... Click here to get signed up

Offline SJL

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 03:55:47 pm »
Rate the guy really highly, looks like he could be a real crackin player.  Shoulda got a least a look in for Euro 2004 on the strength of his performances last season and if his improvement continues, would naturally expect him to be a shoe in for the 06 squad.  But then, I'm biased.  ;D

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 09:10:46 pm »
Would love to see him playing for us, think hes quality. Last season he was amazing for City and was a joy to watch.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2004, 03:26:06 am »
class player. worth buying imho. seen him play at Manchester City a few times and rate him.
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sleeping giant awakens...
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2004, 10:58:13 pm »
A lot of people talk about him, I havent seen too much of him myself, have liked what i've seen but not seen enough to make a real judgement for myself.
Im not arrogant, im just better than you.

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.
-- Anonymous (Metro city radio)

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 1, 2004, 10:59:44 pm »
worth buying imho.

Not at the price City would want for him though.
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 2, 2004, 01:00:39 am »
Would what City want for him? He's being offered a new contract, isn't he? What's to run on his old one?

Rafa said we're after a right-sided midfielder after Vladi's injury. SWP would be a great buy IMO... Not a tough English player, but one who has skill and also works and runs til the end.

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2004, 01:06:34 am »
2 years on his current one I think.

I'd say he would be around a 7-8million pound player, but with us interested I'd imagine that City would want nearly double for it as we are a big club.
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 2, 2004, 08:27:15 pm »
I doubt anyone would pay more than £10m for him would they? And City aren't exactly bursting with cash at the moment after what Keegan has already spent. Would love to see him at Liverpool though, even for £10m cos you know exactly what you're gonna get from him (unlike someone foreign to the premiership) and can only get better. He's got pace, skill, goalscoring ability and works hard - basically everything we hoped Diouf had  :(
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12 on: August 3, 2004, 04:58:56 pm »
 Love to see him play for us, got bags of ability, and looks to have the right attitude and temprement. He's proven in the prem in a poor side, can only improve in a better team.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: August 8, 2004, 08:03:01 am »
There's a rumour on the BBC footie "gossip" collumn suggesting that Tottenham are about to make a 6 mil bid for SWP.....there's also a rumour about Chelsea going in for Samuel Eto(spelling?)...why they need Eto, I'm not really sure.  It's only money, I guess!!  ::)
« Last Edit: August 8, 2004, 08:04:53 am by neil4ad »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 8, 2004, 12:52:39 pm »
There's a rumour on the BBC footie "gossip" collumn suggesting that Tottenham are about to make a 6 mil bid for SWP.....there's also a rumour about Chelsea going in for Samuel Eto(spelling?)...why they need Eto, I'm not really sure.  It's only money, I guess!!  ::)

Was just going to post that Neil. Surely we should go for him at 6 mil, maybe the sale of Danny is to fund that. Surely Spurs don't need the two of them, now that's just greedy!  :D

Bad news if Chelsea get Eto'o as Barca may go for Baros if they don't get him  :o But apparently Real Madrid want 22million for their part share of him. Madness.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 8, 2004, 09:05:56 pm »
Surely if Spurs have had £4 million turned down he's worth every penny of 6 - 7 million.  I watched him live last season 6 times, mates a city ST holder, if I've got nothing better to do I'll watch them with him.  He looks fantastic, PL clubs are scared S**tless of him, the same as we were at the city of manc stadium!!! Please buy him, fast and firm in the tackle, plus he wants to win.  Its only my opinion but I think hes quality
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free