Author Topic: Pre-match thread - Liverpool Vs Crystal Palace - Saturday 19th January 15:00 KO  (Read 25641 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Palace have beaten us twice at Anfield since Jurgen took over. We've only suffered 4 League defeats at Anfield under Jurgen since he took over. The other two, Swansea and Man Utd under Van Gaal.

So they're a bit of a bogey team.

Time to set that right.
Wow, didn't realise our record under klopp was that good.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
If there was any doubt about the result for this one, Merson has guaranteed we'll batter them there. He really does know very little about football for someone who has been involved in football his whole adult life.

Merson knows very little about anything, let alone football. Always struck me as someone who knows nothing but quite happy to offer his opinions simply because he can say he's played at the top level.

It'll be a tough game initially I think. Hodgson is a wily old fox that will look to have them combative, aggressive and try to disrupt our rhythm. As long as we stick to our guns, stay patient and play at full tempo and match them for physicality and determination then I think we will carve out chances as I don't think they have a lot of pace at the back and they do tend to switch off. If we score early then it will be curtains because I think their heads will go down and they'll likely go into damage limitation rather than trying to get back into the game. That should play in our favour. I can see us winning 2-0 comfortably, perhaps more.

Selection wise, I agree with the calls for Milner at RB. He's played fullback for a whole season for us and so knows the system and what we need from that position.  Midfield of Fab, Hendo and Naby and we can call for Shaq and Lallana from the bench by the sounds of it.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Bill Shepherd

• Main Stander
  • Works well under constant supervision.
It'll be a tough game initially I think. Hodgson is a wily old fox owly old fuck that will look to have them combative, aggressive and try to disrupt our rhythm.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere. On the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Any news on TAA and if he would start tomorrow?

Just seen the press conference where Klopp says Ox should be back by May. I totally forgotten that he was out since last April last year. I am not a medical expert and wonder if ligament damage is always going to take a longer time to recover than a fracture?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan

Those were the days having Moreno as left back and without VVD.

I don't expect shit to happen the 3rd time.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Any news on TAA and if he would start tomorrow?

Just seen the press conference where Klopp says Ox should be back by May. I totally forgotten that he was out since last April last year. I am not a medical expert and wonder if ligament damage is always going to take a longer time to recover than a fracture?

Been posted on the previous page. He said that Trent and Gini are on a day by day basis, he hasn't ruled anything out for either of them

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Those were the days having Moreno as left back and without VVD.

I don't expect shit to happen the 3rd time.

Moreno didn't play in the last game we lost to Place, Milner did. We took the lead and lost 2-1.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Merson actually gets paid to spout this rubbish.  :lmao

He doesn't get the credit he deserves for having his team only 4 points above the relegation zone?  Also, apart from the City result (which is the only one Merson will know because it's the most recent) which game similar to this does Hodgson have a good record of winning in?

Hodgson has confirmed that Speroni will definitely be playing for them tomorrow.  Speroni is 40 this year - surely this is another advantage for us

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
I hate moss. wasn't he the bell-end who was ref last season when we played the spuds?

Anyway, will need to grind out the points one way or another and keep the momentum going again. seems like our defence is taking a battering and we have really yet to see the best of our strike force this year. Hopefully tomorrow we can see them in good form as, despite our position, they do not seem as energetic this year. is this due now to our defensive style, which I am loving by the way.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone catch/translate the exchange in German at the end of the presser?

• Legacy Fan
I hate moss. wasn't he the bell-end who was ref last season when we played the spuds?

Anyway, will need to grind out the points one way or another and keep the momentum going again. seems like our defence is taking a battering and we have really yet to see the best of our strike force this year. Hopefully tomorrow we can see them in good form as, despite our position, they do not seem as energetic this year. is this due now to our defensive style, which I am loving by the way.

Is this still a thing?

22 games in, 2017/2018 , 50 goals scored
22 games in, 2018/2019, 50 goals scored.

Exactly the same

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
Moreno didn't play in the last game we lost to Place, Milner did. We took the lead and lost 2-1.

Oh yes that's right.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
With Matip hopefully now fit enough to start, hopefully we'll now be able to play Fabinho in midfield - we'll need him if Gini is out. My guess is the following:

Alisson

Milner Matip van Dijk Robertson

Fabinho Henderson

Shaqiri Firmino Mané

Salah

Will alllow us some creative flair to have all of the attacking four on the pitch simultaneously.

I'd take 1-0 as usual, but to be at 20 minutes to go with a 2-0 lead would be nice.
Linudden.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
They are not great but their last 2 league games away have been wins at Wolves and City. Clearly they carry a threat.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is this still a thing?

Exactly the same

Everyone constantly confuses 'the first 70 minutes at home against roma' with 'last season'.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is this still a thing?

Exactly the same

Salah's not smiling or celebrating goals.. poor body language..
Mane is not copying goal celebrations
And Bobby's teeth are not as bright..

So I can totally understand why this is a thing mate........
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
With Matip hopefully now fit enough to start, hopefully we'll now be able to play Fabinho in midfield - we'll need him if Gini is out. My guess is the following:

Alisson

Milner Matip van Dijk Robertson

Fabinho Henderson

Shaqiri Firmino Mané

Salah

Will alllow us some creative flair to have all of the attacking four on the pitch simultaneously.

I'd take 1-0 as usual, but to be at 20 minutes to go with a 2-0 lead would be nice.

I think we would have better luck this year against Palace. They were most potent when they had Zaha and Townshend driving the ball from midfield but I actually think that these 2 dwell on the ball a bit too long and never really get their team mates involved in the game. They also tend to lose possession quite easily in the middle of the park.

Townshend in particular tend to have a good first half and dropped off considerably in the second half after getting tired, sometimes struggling to run back to defend. VVD and Robertson won't be giving them the space that city afforded them.

• Legacy Fan
The fact that they got a result against City, will make us and the manager more alert [not that they wouldn't have been otherwise] so I am expecting our best effort tomorrow. We've had an ample amount of time to prepare

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Read a few stats on this Palace have the most clean sheets outside the teams in the top 4 which is quite impressive. Also, Hodgson has not lost as a visiting manager at Anfield. Surely we need to be destroying that stat.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Read a few stats on this Palace have the most clean sheets outside the teams in the top 4 which is quite impressive. Also, Hodgson has not lost as a visiting manager at Anfield. Surely we need to be destroying that stat.

I have a feeling we will destroy these..
Mo is on fire at the 'mo'ment..
3-0 to the Redmen.. Mo with a brace and VVD to get one more tomorrow..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Palace have beaten us twice at Anfield since Jurgen took over. We've only suffered 4 League defeats at Anfield under Jurgen since he took over. The other two, Swansea and Man Utd under Van Gaal.

So they're a bit of a bogey team.

Time to set that right.

It hasn't gone unnoticed by Klopp:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ciine34PhDg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ciine34PhDg</a>
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
He's fucking class isn't he ^^ haha!

As for the game,  surely that stat about hodgson is gonna get torn up! It really needs to. I've got a feeling we will see a goal from Fabinho and one from Salah. 2-0 to the the Reds.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:03:08 pm by jonkrux »

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, our greatest challenge is knocking The Owl right off his fucking perch.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
Couldn't believe this was true so looked it up and it is!  He must have got lucky with being appointed after we played his teams a lot of the time.

A 0-0 draw with Blackburn, two 0-0s with Fulham and a 1-0 win with West Brom. Hardly a glowing record in terms of scores but surely that has to end

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..

Yeah but only Cardiff, Fulham, Burnley and Huddersfield have lost more games then them.
YWNA

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers for the OP Lobo :wave
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
What happened to Lallana?....

Well, difficult as it is to believe, he's been out injured.......

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I think they will score."

Way to take a position there Merson.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
It hasn't gone unnoticed by Klopp:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ciine34PhDg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ciine34PhDg</a>

I loved that especially when he just gets up and leaves.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
I think we would have better luck this year against Palace. They were most potent when they had Zaha and Townshend driving the ball from midfield but I actually think that these 2 dwell on the ball a bit too long and never really get their team mates involved in the game. They also tend to lose possession quite easily in the middle of the park.

Townshend in particular tend to have a good first half and dropped off considerably in the second half after getting tired, sometimes struggling to run back to defend. VVD and Robertson won't be giving them the space that city afforded them.
The kids are alright. Providing we join together we won't get fooled again by these. Even though we're thin at the back it's not like the good's gone; I think we have much too much for Palace. I think in different circumstances this'd be a good game for the Ox, but I can't explain why.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Let's not underestimate them, see what they have done to City away.

City had 80% possession.  They win that game 99 times out of 100. 

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
The kids are alright. Providing we join together we won't get fooled again by these. Even though we're thin at the back it's not like the good's gone; I think we have much too much for Palace. I think in different circumstances this'd be a good game for the Ox, but I can't explain why.
"Meet the new boss, same as the old bo-" nah fuck it, there are some things you shouldn't joke about.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Cant believe the owl has never lost as a visiting manager.  Saying that he lost enough as the home manager to know what it’s like to get Twatted at Anfield.   :) Took my lad to his first ever match against Wolves over the Chrimbo period when the owl was manager.  I think Wolves where bottom but beat us 1 nil.  No wonder he doesn’t watch football any more, I think that game scarred him for life.   :) anyway 3-0 to the redmen, Keita to get his first goal for us. 

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Just win. I don't care how pretty it looks.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Cant believe the owl has never lost as a visiting manager.  Saying that he lost enough as the home manager to know what it’s like to get Twatted at Anfield.   :)

Actually not all that often. I think we were 3rd in the league by December for home performances alone.

Rabotnicki 2-0
Trabzonspor 1-0
Arsenal 1-1
West Brom 1-0
Steaua 4-1
Northampton 2-2 (pen loss)
Sunderland 2-2
Blackpool 1-2
Blackburn 2-1
Napoli 3-1
Chelsea 2-0
West Ham 3-0
Aston Villa 3-0
Utrecht 0-0
Wolves 0-1
Bolton 2-1

Overall home record: 10-4-2
Overall league home record: 6-2-2

The lasting memory though is those three massive blows at home (Blackpool, Wolves and the Northampton fiasco). Still, what sank the Owl was the abysmal away form.
Linudden.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I think we will have too much for them. We will chances and I think we’ll score at least 2 if not 3.
YWNA

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Palace have some potential as their away victory against City showed,BUT they are still flirting with relegation and have lost more than half of their away games,we have drawn 1 at home and won the rest.
3-0 to us and Roy will be rubbing his face before halftime.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Palace have some potential as their away victory against City showed,BUT they are still flirting with relegation and have lost more than half of their away games,we have drawn 1 at home and won the rest.
3-0 to us and Roy will be rubbing his face before halftime.

;D

Was predicting scores yesterday 'cos I was that bored and wrote it's going be 5:0 with the front three all getting onto the scoresheet or 1:0 with a Shaqiri stunner in the last minute.

Also, what chance of the Dad's Army theme being played at Anfield today?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.