Author Topic: im gutted.. Eriksson lost us the game!!  (Read 3442 times)

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
  • King Kenny for Knighthood!!
im gutted.. Eriksson lost us the game!!
« on: June 13, 2004, 11:54:44 pm »
Sven gets 5m for what.. His substitution were shambolic.. T aking Owen, Rooney , Scholes off and bring that waste of space we sold to Birm.. Im disgusted.. England is like watching Houlliers Liverpool.. you only support is because you have no choice..
But the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is robbing the human race  the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
Re: im gutted.. Eriksson lost us the game!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 12:25:54 am »
Yeah cos Owen and Scholes played a big fuckin' part didn't they mate?   ::)
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:36:07 am »
Kinel. Pipe down mate. It's a funny old game, if that peno had gone in no one would of given two shits about what subs were made.

Highs and lows of footy, get over it.
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 01:08:32 am »
Owen did drag 2 defenders giving more space to Rooney.. Forget Scholes Id have a frikkin donkey over Heskey any time...
But the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is robbing the human race  the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.

Offline Ian-TN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 01:11:30 am »
Owen's best contribution is dragging two defenders away? Sez it all really. He was poor tonight. Heskey will get the stick but fuck them cos he's just the easy scape goat, cos people can't actually view the frailties of the side and prefer to delude(sp?) themselves by thinkin that it was all Heskey's fault.

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 01:17:37 am »
Owen's best contribution is dragging two defenders away? Sez it all really. He was poor tonight. Heskey will get the stick but fuck them cos he's just the easy scape goat, cos people can't actually view the frailties of the side and prefer to delude(sp?) themselves by thinkin that it was all Heskey's fault.
Bollocks.. Heskey conceded the freekick... Heskey is a whinger.. He falls over too easily...

Offline Ian-TN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 01:19:50 am »
Heskey concedes a freekick = England lose when winning at the start of injury time.

Now ya say it it all makes sense now  ::)

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 01:22:42 am »

Bollocks.. Heskey conceded the freekick... Heskey is a whinger.. He falls over too easily...

Don't be a soft arse, what about Gerrards back pass if you are gonna start slating people for mistakes?
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 04:04:45 am »

Don't be a soft arse, what about Gerrards back pass if you are gonna start slating people for mistakes?

Spot on mate.

England are a poor side at the minute, we have the players we just dont know how to use them. Stevie was playing too deep, Scholes wasnt in the game (again) and in my opinion should be dropped. Put Bridge at Leftback and Cole on the Left of the midfield. I think that'd work better. The service to Rooney and Owen was non exsistant, Becks was missing most of the game as well. I dont really want to slate neville for it, but fuck it hes Gary Neville ill slate him if i want, but in the first half the amount of space he had on the flank was unreal. He just didnt go forward enough.

On the plus side though King played very well i thought, as did Rooney. Hes a strong lad, nice and aggresive though he has me shitting myself everytime someone tackles him. Always think hes going to get up and chin someone lol.

Roll on the next game. I think we'll still go through.  :wave
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Big Ig

• His is totally non-existent, you know?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 04:20:24 am »

Bollocks. What exactly did Mickey do wrong?! The way Rooney was playing, coming back for the ball all the time, someone needed to be the outlet, the option up front and that was Mickey.... only problem was no fucker passed to him. Stupid sub - OK granted the shot was by his replacement Vassell, but if he was still on the pitch he would have been there and buried the fumbled save off Barthez's face. Where the hell was anyone else then - miles a bloody way.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 05:11:58 am »
The subbing of rooney surprised me. He was creating loads of trouble for the French.....

It was so DEJA FUCKING VU watching that.. defend on the edge of our own box for 45 mins only to concede  late goals..
JFT 96

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 11:08:12 am »
Heskey tracks back and makes a sloppy foul = donkey
Heskey stays up the pitch to do sod all = donkey

::)
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Roddysul

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 11:10:20 am »
Beckham does fuck all all game except miss a pen =  hero

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 12:05:58 pm »
EH for Rooney was a poor decision, as was Hargreaves for Scholes.

Butt should have replaced Scholes and Rooney should have stayed on IMO.  Tired at 18? Nah, he could run all day and do it all over again today.

Vassell for MO? ----- fair enough.

BTW :  Daft tackle by EH, but I am not convinced it was a foul anyway.  Only saw it from behind (same for the ref) and I thought he got a touch. 

Note the linesman looking straight at him didn't wave for a foul, so how can the ref give it when he couldn't see it properly? ???
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 12:45:36 pm »
I don't think we played well, but we DID do enough to keep france out for 90 mins.

Confident we will beat both the swiss and croatia and get our own back in the final.

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 01:02:03 pm »
Silvestre should have definitely been sent off.
Beckham should have scored his penalty & although everyone is raving about the Zidane freekick, what was James doing behind his wall and moving further behind it?

France were very lucky!
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 01:18:38 pm »
Sven gets 5m for what.. His substitution were shambolic.. T aking Owen, Rooney , Scholes off and bring that waste of space we sold to Birm.. Im disgusted.. England is like watching Houlliers Liverpool.. you only support is because you have no choice..

Owen was shite, Scholes was ineffective in the second half and Rooney was tired. Yclearly have no clue when it comes to football as we've seen with your continuing ridiculous posts.

:wave
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 01:25:54 pm »
Yclearly have no clue when it comes to football as we've seen with your continuing ridiculous posts.

Oooh get her! ;D ;D
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 01:32:43 pm »

We'll both get £20

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 01:33:42 pm »
Fuckin' Welsh! :upyours
I resent that.

But not as much as Pheeny and Rhi etc :D

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 02:30:41 pm »
lets analyse...
Taking off Owen is a stupid move unless he is injured.. Owen is the type of player who can do the unexpected..Emile Heskey on the other hand is has been consistently crap.. Doing against Iceland who are to international footballs Chester City..  As for the ridiculous idea of playing the likes of Thompson, Bridge etc at LM has been tried and it has failed.. We did not loose the game because of lack of talent, we lost it because we bottled it..

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 02:40:39 pm »
*yawn*

we bottled a twenty yard freekick?

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 03:15:08 pm »
actually James positioning was aweful.. Heskey conceded that freekick.. How many freekicks did the french concede dead central in a dangerous position.. Heskey shouldnt be even in the squad hes an aweful player whose conned the fans for a long time..

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 03:28:02 pm »
actually James positioning was aweful.. Heskey conceded that freekick.. How many freekicks did the french concede dead central in a dangerous position..

That's Sven's fault?

Gotta say, the tactics in the seond half were very defensive and simply brought pressure on themselves but England wouldve won had it not been for two one huge error from Stevie, a clumsy challenge from Heskey and a wonderful free kick.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 03:35:57 pm »
actually James positioning was aweful.. Heskey conceded that freekick.. How many freekicks did the french concede dead central in a dangerous position.. Heskey shouldnt be even in the squad hes an aweful player whose conned the fans for a long time..
You chat a lot of shit! :wave

How many freekicks did the french concede dead central in a dangerous position..
Several actually. Did you watch the game?

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 03:36:07 pm »
Scholes was doing fine. Owen is, like Lineker was, England's most likely source of a goal and should always play the full 90. Think Ian Rush here. I don't recall him being subbed to many times for having a quiet game because you could always rely on Rushy to bang one in late on. As for Rooney, despite all their pre-match slagging of the lad, they were shit scared, he had them on the run. What does Eriksson do? What all these cowardly foriegn coaches do, tried to preserve a slender lead. When the subs were made it reminded me of Wenger in the FA cup final of 2001.
Some village idiots around me were blaming Heskey, some were slaughtering Beckham for his miss!!!! Surely it was a fantastic save.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 04:10:40 pm by vladallover »

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 03:54:34 pm »
Several actually. Did you watch the game?
Really you must be watching a different.. How many freekicks did Beckham have which he could shot directly at the goal with...One and that was abt 40 yards... As for Sven taking of Rooney who pissed on the French was diabolical... If he was he wanted to shore up the defence he should have brought on Butt for Owen and EMILE HESKEY the fella is an excuse for football hes got rocks for brain.. No blame for Stevie though the negative tactics of Sven were the reason was that error..

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2004, 03:57:19 pm »
So you're not blaming Gerrard, but you are blaming Heskey?  ::) ::) :wanker

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 04:00:15 pm »

Really you must be watching a different.. How many freekicks did Beckham have which he could shot directly at the goal with...One and that was abt 40 yards...
He had more than that and closer than that!

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2004, 04:16:02 pm »
So you're not blaming Gerrard, but you are blaming Heskey?  ::) ::) :wanker
Ofcourse Gerrard didnt concede the freekick.. what is Heskeys job 5 goals in 40+ games.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2004, 04:21:02 pm »
He didn't concede a perfectly defendable free kick, he gave Henry the penalty instead!

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2004, 04:32:45 pm »
England 1-0 up French ran out of ideas.. one moment of madness by a person who shouldnt be in the squad.. it was the reason the French were rejuvenated... Its not Heskeys fault that he has no talent it is Svens fault that he picked him up.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 05:15:59 pm »
Eriksson didn't miss a penalty, Beckham did.

Eriksson didn't force Heskey into making a bad tackle, he did it all on his own. He did it because every other member of the England team was inside their own penalty box, had one of the midfielders pushed out sooner they'd have tackled from the correct side, instead Heskey tried what he thought was the best option, a tackle, fair enough he cocked it up but he wouldn't have had to do it in the first place if Gerrard, Lampard, Campbell, King or Ashley Cole (or Nicky Butt had he been on the pitch) had pushed out quicker.
(Please note I'm not normally backwards in coming forwards with regards to criticising EH, just think it unfair on him this time).

Eriksson did not make Stevie Gerrard play a shit back pass, Ashley Cole did by not taking command of a ball infront of him which he could've easily put out of play.

I can't see how it's all Eriksson's fault, the only fault I can see is that he should've put Butt on instead of Heskey, hind-sight is a wonderful thing you know  ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 05:33:00 pm by Appy »
@ManifoldReasons

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2004, 05:28:00 pm »
England 1-0 up French ran out of ideas.. one moment of madness by a person who shouldnt be in the squad.. it was the reason the French were rejuvenated... Its not Heskeys fault that he has no talent it is Svens fault that he picked him up.
Yes Erikson is completely responsible for the actions of every player on the pitch.

Like Hoddle was a few years ago. How he let beckham kick out at Simeone like that is beyond me!

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2004, 06:02:11 pm »
This lad chats shoe shite. Blaming Sven for everything and if that fails blame Emile. It's all if and buts BUT I can safely say that you're obviously right about everything and IF you don't agree then it has to be wrong.

We'll both get £20

Offline madaboutlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 07:15:39 pm »
This lad chats shoe shite. Blaming Sven for everything and if that fails blame Emile. It's all if and buts BUT I can safely say that you're obviously right about everything and IF you don't agree then it has to be wrong.

Its a managers responsibility how a player behaves on the pitch.. I dont blame Emile.. its not his fault that he didnt have the talent at the highest level.. 5 goals in his career as an England striker.. Its disgraceful that hes even considered for England squad... As for Sven hes an average manager whose record in Italy was pretty poor in relation to the money spent.. His problem is he wants to play catenaccio with English lads..

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2004, 07:21:55 pm »

Its a managers responsibility how a player behaves on the pitch.. I dont blame Emile.. its not his fault that he didnt have the talent at the highest level.. 5 goals in his career as an England striker.. Its disgraceful that hes even considered for England squad... As for Sven hes an average manager whose record in Italy was pretty poor in relation to the money spent.. His problem is he wants to play catenaccio with English lads..

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2004, 07:34:39 pm »
Genius thread. It turns out that Scholes was injured. Fat boy Wayne had to be subbed; was blowing like a whore in a Thai knocking shop. A poor penalty and two individual errors int he last two minutes lost us the game, not the manager.

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2004, 07:41:18 pm »
A poor penalty and two individual errors int he last two minutes lost us the game, not the manager.
amen! (and the ref not sending MS off!

Fat boy Wayne had to be subbed; was blowing like a whore in a Thai knocking shop.
Great analagy ;D

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2004, 10:19:55 am »
Fat boy Wayne had to be subbed; was blowing like a whore in a Thai knocking shop.

Which begs the obvious question, how do you know what a whore in a thai knocking shop blow like???? ;D
@ManifoldReasons