Author Topic: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell  (Read 444968 times)

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
Re: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell
« Reply #2920 on: May 8, 2018, 08:51:52 am »
He's not a priority this summer to be changed so unless we can find a better replacement for the money we can get him for him I would hold onto him. Having said that I would look at replacing him in the future when our glaring positions have been solved. If those stats show anything it's that you can't rely on stats.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2921 on: May 8, 2018, 11:19:49 am »
Why the fuck are we talking about an extension for Klavan in a Moreno thread?

Come on you’ve been around for ages - that’s how it works when we have a week between games.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2922 on: May 8, 2018, 02:02:52 pm »
Why the fuck are we talking about an extension for Klavan in a Moreno thread?

Maybe because the news that came out was that they are both to be getting extentions? But Ragnar does have his own thread.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2923 on: May 8, 2018, 02:26:54 pm »
Maybe because the news that came out was that they are both to be getting extentions? But Ragnar does have his own thread.
Still very happy at that news. Keeping squad players who are good enough to be squad players here is better than replacing them. How many left backs did we work our way through to get one at a level Liverpool fans will actually accept as being good enough and not tear to pieces every time he makes what they perceive as a mistake? Recruiting squad players rarely works out well in truth. Klavan is actually a good example of why. He is needing to play very few minutes, while trying to adapt to English football, and being judged at VVD levels when he comes in lacking match sharpness. Needless to say, in his first season he was horrific at times.

But in the summer I watched back some Augsberg games and it was very clear why we signed him. He was commanding at the back for them, organising, bringing the ball out of defence, playing great quick vertical passes and doing much better in the air. I surmised in the summer that he would adjust to the league and have a solid second season - to much disagreement from people in teh transfer forum. I was dubious still myself - because that sort of adjustment to a more physical league rarely happens once players pass their physical peak. But fair play to him, he has been much better this season and is still our best defender with the ball at his feet. He is still a little too passive for my liking, but that isn't as much of a problem now as he isn't paired with Matip who is much the same.

All this makes replacing Moreno or Klavan very hard. In terms of quality, you likely are not bringing in someone considerably better. Which means you have the usual transition while they adjust to the league, our system, a new place to live etc all of which negatively impact on their ability to come in and do a job immediately. When you are buying VVD or Salah quality, they can walk in and be effective while getting up to speed. Just look at Salah's record up to November and after November for example when he took off. But when lower quality players come in, you tend to see them struggle to be effective, often costing you results, then you are up against it to make it here having been written off in the usual kneejerk way some fans do.

We need to keep transition as small as possible while also improving. The more changes we make in the summer, even if it is replacing backup players, the greater the liklihood is of another season of transition rather than one with a settled side ready to mount a title challenge. We won't win the league in the first three months of the season, but you could certainly lose it while trying to bed in too many players.

The best thing that ever happened to Chamberlain and Robertson was not being first choice the moment they arrived. It saw the fans yearn for them to start and be more sympathetic for any problems they had when they did rather than being immediately written off for not being instantly perfect for our system.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline RocketRonald

• Kemlynite
  • Ruud Gullit sitting on a shed
« Reply #2924 on: May 12, 2018, 12:49:49 am »

The best thing that ever happened to Chamberlain and Robertson was not being first choice the moment they arrived. It saw the fans yearn for them to start and be more sympathetic for any problems they had when they did rather than being immediately written off for not being instantly perfect for our system.

That's spot on about the level of prejudice that goes on for instant arrivals.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #2925 on: May 12, 2018, 06:36:19 pm »

unfortunately for Ox he got injured at the wrong time as he was showing us why Klopp spent the money he did on him and Robo was the same, both great signings. I do wish we had taken the £11mil for Moreno last year though as he proves every time he plays that he is a liability and costs us goals.
People may say “squad player” yada yada, as the West Brom game proved he’s not good enough to be anywhere near the team. He’s constantly out of position and makes rash fouls. Yes we have other more important positions to strengthen but, if Robo gets injured we then have a very very poor replacement who could de-rail a title challenge or cup run at any given moment. I’d be made up to see him leave.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2926 on: May 12, 2018, 06:40:25 pm »
unfortunately for Ox he got injured at the wrong time as he was showing us why Klopp spent the money he did on him and Robo was the same, both great signings. I do wish we had taken the £11mil for Moreno last year though as he proves every time he plays that he is a liability and costs us goals.
People may say “squad player” yada yada, as the West Brom game proved he’s not good enough to be anywhere near the team. He’s constantly out of position and makes rash fouls. Yes we have other more important positions to strengthen but, if Robo gets injured we then have a very very poor replacement who could de-rail a title challenge or cup run at any given moment. I’d be made up to see him leave.

Do you like any of our players? All I’ve seen is you going into player threads and having a pop at them.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2927 on: May 12, 2018, 06:53:49 pm »
Every time? Every single time? Nah. This is just bollocks basically, isn't it. D'you reckon he got a recall to the Spain squad because they wanted to concede goals and lose games out of some contrarian desire to turn their team shit? Seems unlikely.

What about the vast majority of the games he had last season before he got injured? Do they not 'prove' that he's good enough to be somewhere near the team or were they just a series of exceptions that 'prove' the rule that you've decided applies to Moreno, based on the West Brom game, and, presumably, your own preconceived notions and predjudices? So he can 'de-rail a cup run at any given moment.' So fucking what. So can any other player that sets foot on a pitch. Or do you think all players are immune to error bar the ones you've deemed as being not good enough?

You'd be 'made up to see him leave'? Really, mate? I hope he signs that new contract even more now, just to wind you up.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2928 on: May 12, 2018, 07:01:12 pm »
Do you like any of our players? All I’ve seen is you going into player threads and having a pop at them.

Back in November he was predicting Klopp would be sacked at the end of the season.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2929 on: May 12, 2018, 07:06:26 pm »
Back in November he was predicting Klopp would be sacked at the end of the season.

He’s had a ‘mare there.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2930 on: May 12, 2018, 07:19:56 pm »
Still very happy at that news. Keeping squad players who are good enough to be squad players here is better than replacing them. How many left backs did we work our way through to get one at a level Liverpool fans will actually accept as being good enough and not tear to pieces every time he makes what they perceive as a mistake? Recruiting squad players rarely works out well in truth. Klavan is actually a good example of why. He is needing to play very few minutes, while trying to adapt to English football, and being judged at VVD levels when he comes in lacking match sharpness. Needless to say, in his first season he was horrific at times.

But in the summer I watched back some Augsberg games and it was very clear why we signed him. He was commanding at the back for them, organising, bringing the ball out of defence, playing great quick vertical passes and doing much better in the air. I surmised in the summer that he would adjust to the league and have a solid second season - to much disagreement from people in teh transfer forum. I was dubious still myself - because that sort of adjustment to a more physical league rarely happens once players pass their physical peak. But fair play to him, he has been much better this season and is still our best defender with the ball at his feet. He is still a little too passive for my liking, but that isn't as much of a problem now as he isn't paired with Matip who is much the same.

All this makes replacing Moreno or Klavan very hard. In terms of quality, you likely are not bringing in someone considerably better. Which means you have the usual transition while they adjust to the league, our system, a new place to live etc all of which negatively impact on their ability to come in and do a job immediately. When you are buying VVD or Salah quality, they can walk in and be effective while getting up to speed. Just look at Salah's record up to November and after November for example when he took off. But when lower quality players come in, you tend to see them struggle to be effective, often costing you results, then you are up against it to make it here having been written off in the usual kneejerk way some fans do.

We need to keep transition as small as possible while also improving. The more changes we make in the summer, even if it is replacing backup players, the greater the liklihood is of another season of transition rather than one with a settled side ready to mount a title challenge. We won't win the league in the first three months of the season, but you could certainly lose it while trying to bed in too many players.

You don't have to replace your squad players like for like though Babu. The best solution for me is to bring in players who compete with your starters. Bring in players to compete with Robertson and Lovren and improve the squad depth. We need to rotate without a huge drop off.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #2931 on: May 12, 2018, 07:22:52 pm »

Usually turns up around cup finals or when we are on the verge to win the league just to slag off Dalglish, Henderson or more recently, Mane.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:36:49 pm by BabuYagu »

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: May 12, 2018, 09:14:33 pm »
I wonder if we’ll see Moreno get some more minutes from Klopp playing as an attacker against Brighton if Mane is indeed out of the match? 
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #2933 on: May 13, 2018, 12:38:13 pm »
Yeah lots of them mate, just not the couple that are shite and cost us points.

AND, the only one I have had a go at is Moreno, I said I’d like to see Douglas Costa come in, who MAY get in before Mane and some 🤡 shit his pants over it.

Have to disagree on this one. Mane’s touch is poor and he chooses the wrong pass time and again and that’s if the pass makes it’s intended target. Sadio has had a poor season compared to the 1st season with us. Douglas Costa is quicker on the ball, has a better 1st touch and is an all round better player.

This a a great post. Solanke is not good enough and never will be, why Klopp persists with him when we have other options like Ings and even Woodburn on the bench I’ve no idea as Solanke never looks like scoring. His control is terrible, he can’t beat a man, he can’t pass the ball and gives us nothing. You can see how the lad has made it in football, he’s obviously been a big and bustling forward and when playing against younger players has bullied his way through games, now he’s playing against men, it’s a leap too far.

There is no way we’ll challenge for the title any time soon unless we sort the silly errors out. I’m afraid if Klopp doesn’t win a trophy this season, and it won’t be the league or Champs league’ that he’ll get sacked come May.
We simply are not good enough. Far too many weak links in the side. Even the so called better players were bang average today. Sturridge looks like he’s put on half a stone, lost his pace and forgot how to finish. Gomez looks like he’s never played the game before and even Mane was shocking. I’m sure Klopp must be sick of giving the same interview after every game.
The manager in waiting was sat/stood on the Newcastle bench today and I for one would welcome him, and his tactical nouse, back with open arms.

It continues into keepers, Mignolet, Klavan, Sturridge, Henderson and so on.

But really, when you realise you are someone who rated Ashley young as the BEST WINGER IN THE WORLD!  :o then you have to seriously doubt the understanding of the game of a person arriving at that conclusion. Especially when, at the same time, you are declaring at the same time "Ibrahimovic is a great player at all, in fact I think he's shite".  :o That's genius that. To write off one of the most prolific forwards in the world and at the same time declare Ashley Young the best winger in the world. Genius. Please, share more of your knowledge on this sport.  ;D

For your sake, I hope you are United fan trolling, who tends to only show up before finals and pivotal games to win something, getting digs into Dalglish, Klopp and our players while bigging up Ashley Young as the best in the world at anything other than catching bird shit in his mouth :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:39:48 pm by BabuYagu »

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2934 on: May 13, 2018, 12:45:51 pm »
Ooh, touched a massive Moreno nerve I see. 🤣🤣 you massive 🤡
Nah, just touched a massive "don't be a c*nt to our players" nerve. It seems you're one of those people who get off on it though, and who am I to castigate a man for his happiness? If slagging off our own players gets you wet then fuck it, have at it.

Each to their own and all that but just remember, it's people like you that keep shite like TalkSport thriving.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #2935 on: May 13, 2018, 08:15:09 pm »
It continues into keepers, Mignolet, Klavan, Sturridge, Henderson and so on.

But really, when you realise you are someone who rated Ashley young as the BEST WINGER IN THE WORLD!  :o then you have to seriously doubt the understanding of the game of a person arriving at that conclusion. Especially when, at the same time, you are declaring at the same time "Ibrahimovic is a great player at all, in fact I think he's shite".  :o That's genius that. To write off one of the most prolific forwards in the world and at the same time declare Ashley Young the best winger in the world. Genius. Please, share more of your knowledge on this sport.  ;D

For your sake, I hope you are United fan trolling, who tends to only show up before finals and pivotal games to win something, getting digs into Dalglish, Klopp and our players while bigging up Ashley Young as the best in the world at anything other than catching bird shit in his mouth :D
And the report in the Echo after today on Mane, passed when he should have shot, shot when he should have passed...., saving it for Kiev.

I’ve been going to games since 1978 my friend, I may have opinions on players which may be bourne out of frustration after defeats, and I myself admit I get it wrong now and again, but please don’t cal me a scum fan as that is a terrible slur on my lifetime support of LFC.

And as for turning up for finals and chances to win the league etc on here, check back your obvious extensive knowledge of my history on RAWK as until work took over a big portion of my life I was a regular on here before I’d ever saw your name pop up.

CL sorted, now to win Ol big ears

YNWA
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: May 14, 2018, 01:14:47 am »
And the report in the Echo after today on Mane, passed when he should have shot, shot when he should have passed...., saving it for Kiev.

I’ve been going to games since 1978 my friend, I may have opinions on players which may be bourne out of frustration after defeats, and I myself admit I get it wrong now and again, but please don’t cal me a scum fan as that is a terrible slur on my lifetime support of LFC.

And as for turning up for finals and chances to win the league etc on here, check back your obvious extensive knowledge of my history on RAWK as until work took over a big portion of my life I was a regular on here before I’d ever saw your name pop up.

YNWA

He's not called you a scum fan. You've done that to yourself

Khaled would have a word here about not playing oneself....
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2937 on: May 15, 2018, 10:36:17 am »

YNWA

Your apparent approach to the players is encapsulated in your 2nd paragraph where you take out your frustrations after defeats. This surprises me given your age. We all get frustrated but to vent about players publicly is alien to me. You admit to "get it wrong now and again". I am not sure what you mean by such statement. Is it that you may write off certain players too quickly who then go on to prove you incorrect. I don't know. What is clear is that Moreno's past failings can never change your opinion on him despite the obvious improved or "stellar" performances prior to his injury. I would venture to suggest that you get it more wrong than right.
What I do note and it is a general statement is that there are very few posters who have a true understanding of the game (I do not include myself in this category) and what constitutes a good player. That is not to say that the general fan cannot have an opinion as this is why this forum exists. We all love the game and support our team and wish to exchange ideas and opinions. An open debate is good but it should be well reasoned and substantiated.  This is why the website is one of the better ones - you get called out when you "get it wrong" or more correctly- when your opinion differs. The difference in most instances is that you should be willing to admit to "getting it wrong" rather than beat the same drum / narrative.
 Furthermore, I do not believe the fans really appreciate the sacrifices a professional player has made to get to where he is today. Then there are those who have made the same sacrifices, who are good enough to make it but fail for varying reasons. Some feel that they as paying "customers" they have the right to criticize regardless. I always understood our base to support all players regardless but subject to the provisio that he gives his all. His limitations are not his fault - that should be on the club and manager for giving him the shirt in the first place. Isn't it all about balance and respect??

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: May 15, 2018, 01:07:49 pm »
If any hypothetical player:

1. Was benched for an entire season for a repositioned player after being a starter the season before.
2. Then starts every match for half a season until an injury takes him out of the starting line-up, despite a fantastic alternative being available.
3: Gets selected for the Spanish national team based on just his performance that half season (not for the season before surely)
4. Despite only having that half season over 2 seasons, Klopp wants to resign him.

...you’d have to asume such a hypothetical player was really quite good in that brief half a season.

I can understand people having bad longer term memories of any of our defenders under Rodgers...remember Lovren under Rodgers...

But nobody can deny that he played very well in the 1st half of this season when we didn’t have VVD protecting the left side.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2939 on: May 15, 2018, 01:17:25 pm »

Check out his post about Solanke just 6 days before he put in a near MOTM performance for us

:lmao

The guy is a grade 'A' Whopper

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: May 15, 2018, 01:57:18 pm »
The whole Douglas Costa better than Mane is the funniest thing I've read since someone on here say Grujic was better than henderson after our friendly against Barca.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #2941 on: May 15, 2018, 02:03:20 pm »
The whole Douglas Costa better than Mane is the funniest thing I've read since someone on here say Grujic was better than henderson after our friendly against Barca.

My favourite is his championing the sacking of Klopp and Dalglish. Yet he still believes he isn't a knee jerk social media fan :D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2942 on: May 15, 2018, 02:33:36 pm »
Meanwhile back on topic.

It's hard to give a full judgement on Moreno as he's been in and out of the team. Robertson has made the left back position his. Moreno does have his moments but he's a good option to have when we need to attack. He gets up and down the wing well. I have no problem when he plays and generally does ok. Too many times our fans throw a player under the bus just for a couple of poor games. We've been there before with Lucas, Lovren, Karius and to some extent Fimino.
#JFT97

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2943 on: May 15, 2018, 03:03:50 pm »
Meanwhile back on topic.

It's hard to give a full judgement on Moreno as he's been in and out of the team. Robertson has made the left back position his. Moreno does have his moments but he's a good option to have when we need to attack. He gets up and down the wing well. I have no problem when he plays and generally does ok. Too many times our fans throw a player under the bus just for a couple of poor games. We've been there before with Lucas, Lovren, Karius and to some extent Fimino.

Lets be honest if we sell Moreno we're looking at a back up for Robbo and not a first choice left back. Realistically that's not going to be someone higher than Moreno's level. If he's happy to be a rotational option then we should keep him and offer a new contract.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: May 15, 2018, 03:15:48 pm »
Lets be honest if we sell Moreno we're looking at a back up for Robbo and not a first choice left back. Realistically that's not going to be someone higher than Moreno's level. If he's happy to be a rotational option then we should keep him and offer a new contract.

You would want to retain him to keep pushing Robertson. Robertson cannot play all the games and we do not want a drop in level when Robertson is being rested or injured. Robertson has had a brilliant season but one cannot say it hasn't been without flaws / mistakes. Competition for places will catapult him to greater heights. The same rationale applies to our front 3. We need one other to keep the pressure on them, someone who slots in comfortably without disrupting our pattern of play. Too often this season, if any of the top three have been missing, substituted or played out of position, the team doesn't function as well as it usually does.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: May 15, 2018, 03:37:30 pm »
Weren't we supposed to be offering him a new contract according to stories from about 2 weeks back? I'm hoping they're true personally, for the reasons you state. He's never going to be world class but he's a good standard of backup and will likely have to play second fiddle to Robbo, but if he's happy to do that then I'm all for it, plus he's good for morale.

If he does extend then I'm also looking forward to the fume from certain idiots in the media (Garth Crooks springs to mind with his "if Klopp plays Moreno then he'll get relegated" bollocks. How's that working out, ya weird carebear-looking cretinous fuck?) and even from certain elements of our fanbase, it would seem. Him and Lovren seem to be lightning rods for whiny baseless ire, so maybe that's a plus point too. Gots to have the whipping boys.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2946 on: May 24, 2018, 06:33:37 pm »
Klopp on Moreno:"Alberto Moreno is the best shooter in the squad. Unfortunately nobody knows this, because in the games it doesn’t happen."

Bit shocked to see Klopp say that. A bit more than a consolation pat on the back from the gaffer.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: May 24, 2018, 06:45:06 pm »
Klopp on Moreno:"Alberto Moreno is the best shooter in the squad. Unfortunately nobody knows this, because in the games it doesn’t happen."

Bit shocked to see Klopp say that. A bit more than a consolation pat on the back from the gaffer.

Moreno scoring the winner would be pretty good!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2948 on: May 24, 2018, 08:09:12 pm »
Hope Klopp is training him behind the scenes to be a backup to Mo. Used to be a winger after all.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2949 on: May 24, 2018, 11:49:08 pm »
If Moreno is that good at shooting, and is pretty good going forward, why don't we try him as a wing forward late in games more? I don't know if he's a worse option than Ings, for example.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: May 26, 2018, 12:13:00 pm »
If Moreno is that good at shooting, and is pretty good going forward, why don't we try him as a wing forward late in games more? I don't know if he's a worse option than Ings, for example.

He has been a couple of times.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2951 on: August 4, 2018, 11:05:23 pm »
That goal was sublime.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #2952 on: August 5, 2018, 04:16:35 am »
Still really like this guy. I hope he stays and plays like 20% of games this season as Robertson's understudy. Just not any games against Seville.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: August 5, 2018, 12:31:17 pm »
That goal was sublime.

if that was sublime...than what's a thunder bastard goal to you?

that's a goal something Riise would pull out from the left flank.

absolute peach of a pass from Danny but Moreno deserve praise for the run and finish. Passer and Receiver on the same wavelength and then BOOOM!

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: August 5, 2018, 04:20:05 pm »
if that was sublime...than what's a thunder bastard goal to you?

that's a goal something Riise would pull out from the left flank.

absolute peach of a pass from Danny but Moreno deserve praise for the run and finish. Passer and Receiver on the same wavelength and then BOOOM!

Ya, the two elements, the pass and the shot made that goal. Both sublime.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: August 5, 2018, 06:27:08 pm »
Ya, the two elements, the pass and the shot made that goal. Both sublime.

You can add in the first touch as well.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2956 on: August 5, 2018, 09:50:55 pm »
Alberto Moreno is the happiest footballer I’ve ever seen. For that reason alone I want to see him win a trophy with Liverpool.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2957 on: August 5, 2018, 10:18:08 pm »
Alberto Moreno is the happiest footballer I’ve ever seen. For that reason alone I want to see him win a trophy with Liverpool.
Absolutely yorkie mate, I love the kid. I love his passion, I'm bewildered by his tackling antics, but overall he's more good than bad as a footballer.

His camaraderie within the squad is priceless though.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2958 on: August 5, 2018, 10:38:31 pm »
Sound, lets have happy players, not great players. We should put them all in white suits and parade them before big finals and the spirit of happiness.

Alberto Moreno - he made people not as happy as he was. That would look great on his statue.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: August 5, 2018, 11:27:57 pm »
Sound, lets have happy players, not great players. We should put them all in white suits and parade them before big finals and the spirit of happiness.

Alberto Moreno - he made people not as happy as he was. That would look great on his statue.

He was so good that he got a statue.