Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632217 times)

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Marvel Musings. No Infinity War Spoilers.
« Reply #4120 on: August 10, 2018, 12:10:46 am »
I'm repeating myself, but this situation is just so sad for the fans. I'm sure Gunn will be fine, the GOTG movies were great, a lot of studios would love to have him on board even with all the controversies. The cast will be fine, they're all established names and probably have a number of movies lined up to star in. The fans are the ones who will be screwed over however this ends up. I just can't imagine a situation in which the next Guardians movie isn't a disappointment, with or without Gunn. At this point I'd take cancelling the movie altogether as the best possible option. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

I can.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4121 on: August 10, 2018, 07:51:25 am »
If it's the case that "oh, they were wrote a decade ago" then the likes of Harvey Weinstein and anyone like him would be exempt from punishment. The likes of Spacey too.

Just on this, putting what Gunn did in the same sentence as what Weinstein and Spacey did is awful. One made some horrible jokes and apologised for them, the others raped people, forced them into silence about it, absused their power over people and destroyed their lives. Those people deserve to be punished for their literal crimes that they were committing up until they were exposed.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4122 on: August 10, 2018, 08:45:20 am »
Just on this, putting what Gunn did in the same sentence as what Weinstein and Spacey did is awful. One made some horrible jokes and apologised for them, the others raped people, forced them into silence about it, absused their power over people and destroyed their lives. Those people deserve to be punished for their literal crimes that they were committing up until they were exposed.

Allegedly
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #4123 on: August 10, 2018, 02:06:27 pm »
I'm not "weirdly" ignoring anything.

Facts are facts. He's a grown man, and what's more, it's even mental that people are trying to defend him making those comments when he was in his 40's for fuck sake.

All of those posts appear to have been deleted/never fucking existed, can you give us an idea what and who you are on about?

It's not like he was a kid and made a stupid error. If you're of an age, and in a career, to understand that you can't just leave shit there out in the open for someone to find and use against you later on. More fool him. He should have known better. It doesn't matter when he made those tweets, and him being employed by Disney after the fact. They exist. He wrote them. That's all there is to it.

And then Disney hired him. Are you equally angry about all the deeply racist cartoons Disney put out in the early days?

If it's the case that "oh, they were wrote a decade ago" then the likes of Harvey Weinstein and anyone like him would be exempt from punishment. The likes of Spacey too.

No, because those people are actually criminals. Bit of a difference between sexual assault and making an off colour joke. Amazed that needs to be said.

If it comes down to a simple matter of hypocrisy on why Disney hired him to begin with (that's if you assume they knew) then Disney are equally culpable. Still, that's not the point, is it? He left those Tweets there to be read. Someone read them. Someone said "you're fired, mate! Cheerio!" I don't think he was unjustly treated. The whole "Oh, but they were just jokes" bullshit doesn't wash. Only recently Roseanne Barr tried to pull that card too. Didn't work either. No one argued. Gunn's no different.

Again, you just sail over context in your flying cloud of self righteousness. Barr was sacked for making tweets when she made them, not a decade later, after a full apology and change of heart.

That's the crux of it, isn't it? You'd first question why a banning wasn't issued to begin with, and how no one read, and then informed mods so punishment could be dealt out.

Not if you were on twitter at the time you wouldn't. We were still finding the tone, the range, the longevity of this stuff. It was transient. Nobody was thinking about anyone seeing their tweets in a decade, any more than they might think to guard their conversations in the pub.

Still, if I had left a recent post that was borderline bannable, and one of the mods went into my post history (and I know some of you do do that) to see if I'd a reputation of leaving similar offensive things, and then found worse, it would certainly back up that mod's decision to ban me. Maybe not for the post that drew the attention onto the previous ones in the first place. It'd be justified.

It's almost like you don't want to see the point. Well, you win, a good man has been sacked and a lot of people are going to miss out on a satisfying end to a really good film series. Go you. Big boy pants on tight this morning.

The MCU wouldn't exist apart from the decision to allow Robert Downey Jr to move on from the mistakes of his past. (And I'm not talking about jokes.)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4124 on: August 10, 2018, 05:24:54 pm »
*sigh*

Those old deconstruction of every single line with a question post. Can't be bolloxed with that shit, but aye, sounds like a defense to me.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4125 on: August 10, 2018, 05:26:16 pm »

It's an analogy about past deeds. It's not literally and directly comparing what they did to one another.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4126 on: August 12, 2018, 01:11:01 pm »
Antman and the Wasp was really good. I can't deceide if I like it more or less than the first one. It veers away from being another heist (good move) and the comedy is on point and not just a rehash (I was worried the Luis flashback joke would be done in the same way but they managed to get new mileage out of it).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4127 on: August 15, 2018, 10:05:33 am »
Antman and Wasp was good fun, nowhere near as heavy as some of the other Marvel movies, which is really saying something.  Almost feels like it's closer to the Netflix street-level heroes.  I was so hype when the Luis flashback story music kicked in, can't get enough of that gag.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4128 on: August 15, 2018, 10:38:28 am »
Yeah it's a very fun film. From memory, think I just about preferred the first one, but there's not much in it in truth.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4129 on: August 15, 2018, 10:49:27 am »
Antman and the Wasp was really good. I can't deceide if I like it more or less than the first one. It veers away from being another heist (good move) and the comedy is on point and not just a rehash (I was worried the Luis flashback joke would be done in the same way but they managed to get new mileage out of it).

Yes, a lot of fun. I love how these films tend to be about people, the whole plot is about saving one woman's life, no world destroying end of all life in the universe melodrama. Not that I don't enjoy that stuff, but it is refreshing to remember that real superheroes will do it all just to help one person.
Funny, charming, imaginative. Perfect.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4130 on: August 15, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »
Antman and Wasp was good fun, nowhere near as heavy as some of the other Marvel movies, which is really saying something.  Almost feels like it's closer to the Netflix street-level heroes.  I was so hype when the Luis flashback story music kicked in, can't get enough of that gag.

It's lightness was exactly what was needed directly after the grim ending to Infinity War.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4131 on: August 15, 2018, 09:04:07 pm »
Finally saw Ant-Man and The Wasp today and thought it was a lot of fun. Certainly the right choice for the first release after Infinity War. Works well as I imagine Captain Marvel will be majorly important prior to Avengers 4.

Spoiler
the first post credit scene whilst important to the continuing story was a bit sad seeing how the plot of the film revolved around reuniting the family.

Saying that glad to see Thanos didn't dust the giant ants, and I liked them playing with the Ant-Man and The Wasp will return with the question mark appearing
[close]
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4132 on: August 25, 2018, 09:42:43 pm »
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-production-hold-1202916761/

Production for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” has been put on a temporary hold, with Marvel and Disney dismissing the handful of crew members who had assembled in Los Angeles for pre-production.

Those crew members, numbering less than 20, have been told that they are free to look for other work, a source told Variety on Friday.

Disney and Marvel had no comment on the latest development, which comes a month after James Gunn was fired due to dozens of years-old tweets appearing to make light of pedophilia and rape coming to light. On Aug. 15, Variety reported that Disney and Marvel were standing strong on their decision not to re-hire Gunn for the third installment despite pressure from the “Guardians” cast, including Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana.

Gunn and his UTA reps had pushed hard for Disney to give him a second chance, and studio chairman Alan Horn took a meeting on Aug. 14, but Horn stood by his decision to not reinstate Gunn as director.

The film was expected to go into production at the start of 2019, but the project has never been dated for a release. Gunn’s original script is still expected to used for the next film.

The first two films, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name, grossed a combined $1.6 billion worldwide in 2014 and 2017. News about the pre-production decision was first reported by the Hollywood Reporter.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #4133 on: August 27, 2018, 10:28:47 am »
Anybody know which streaming site has Infinity War in 4K/UHD? Only found HD resolution so far

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #4134 on: August 27, 2018, 09:42:29 pm »
Anybody know which streaming site has Infinity War in 4K/UHD? Only found HD resolution so far

I used Showbox and it was a very good quality, couldnt say if it was 4K/UHD but worth checking out....
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4135 on: September 5, 2018, 09:07:24 am »
Something Captain Marvel related dropping at 5pm uk time

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4136 on: September 5, 2018, 09:53:47 am »

Trailer I assume.

Should be interesting, apparently its set in the past and has Ronan and the kree in it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4137 on: September 5, 2018, 11:51:03 am »

First images, I'd guess, then maybe trailer later this month?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4138 on: September 5, 2018, 01:56:21 pm »
It's Entertainment Weekly related, so just pics, I think. I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4139 on: September 5, 2018, 02:03:39 pm »
Bit early for a trailer surely?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4140 on: September 5, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »
You'd think as well that they'd hold off on the modern Captain Marvel costume till the end of the movie, so it'd likely just be stills of her in the Kree outfits or whatever today.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4141 on: September 5, 2018, 02:27:44 pm »
You'd think as well that they'd hold off on the modern Captain Marvel costume till the end of the movie, so it'd likely just be stills of her in the Kree outfits or whatever today.

I'm thinking this costume as you say,

And some pics of the villains/her team.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: September 5, 2018, 05:14:41 pm »
She looks perfect
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: September 5, 2018, 05:17:48 pm »
And another shot.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4145 on: September 5, 2018, 06:04:08 pm »
And a load more, plus the bit about the plot.

Directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, Captain Marvel sidesteps the traditional origin-story template, and when it begins, Carol already has her powers. She’s left her earthly life behind to join an elite Kree military team called Starforce, led by Jude Law’s enigmatic commander

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4146 on: September 7, 2018, 10:33:02 am »
Iron Fist S2 out today

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4147 on: September 7, 2018, 12:14:00 pm »
Iron Fist S2 out today

No thanks, I’m getting enough sleep as it is.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4148 on: September 7, 2018, 07:17:43 pm »
No thanks, I’m getting enough sleep as it is.

It's not as good as the others but the Marvel TV shows still piss all over the movies.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4149 on: September 7, 2018, 07:40:56 pm »
It's not as good as the others but the Marvel TV shows still piss all over the movies.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4150 on: September 7, 2018, 07:55:53 pm »

Snip

;D A lot of work went into that.

I watch the movies but not a massive fan.

My 9 year old daughter loves them though  ;D

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: September 8, 2018, 03:51:31 pm »

Agree with this. Do like the films and have watched all of them but do prefer the Netflix shows.

Watched the first episode of the new Iron Fist last night and it seemed a bit more solid than S1. I'd forgotten what a good character Ward is.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4152 on: September 11, 2018, 08:12:03 pm »
Agree with this. Do like the films and have watched all of them but do prefer the Netflix shows.

Watched the first episode of the new Iron Fist last night and it seemed a bit more solid than S1. I'd forgotten what a good character Ward is.

I finished it the other day and I thought it was a lot better than the first season. Couple probable reasons are it's 3 episodes shorter so 10 not the normal 13 and I think that was a great idea, Secondly it wasn't full of him saying it's me Danny Rand it's really me! That was annoying in the first season and finally Ward, He is by far the best thing in it and the show would really struggle if he wasn't there. I'm still not keen on his sister though and she was even more annoying in the second season, Always had that smug smile on her face. Mary the new character I quite liked too.

Overall I enjoyed it, Not going to win any awards but entertaining for what it is.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4153 on: September 14, 2018, 04:09:18 am »
‘Venom’ confirmed rated as a PG-13.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4154 on: September 14, 2018, 06:30:56 pm »
‘Venom’ confirmed rated as a PG-13.

I keep forgetting this is happening. And then seeing bits of it, and remembering why I forgot. It's like that Rick and Morty episode.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4155 on: September 14, 2018, 09:53:54 pm »
I keep forgetting this is happening. And then seeing bits of it, and remembering why I forgot. It's like that Rick and Morty episode.

It looks crap doesn’t it? Apparently they chose to go with a PG-13 rating because it keeps the possibility of crossing over with Spider-Man or the MCU in general in future.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: September 15, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »
It looks crap doesn’t it? Apparently they chose to go with a PG-13 rating because it keeps the possibility of crossing over with Spider-Man or the MCU in general in future.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4157 on: September 18, 2018, 01:51:21 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z1BCujX3pw8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z1BCujX3pw8</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4158 on: September 18, 2018, 01:53:11 pm »
Yep. 2019 is going to be a good year

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4159 on: September 18, 2018, 02:02:26 pm »
Interested to see how they handle her powers, how much power they actually give her.