Author Topic: Joe Cole  (Read 83605 times)

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Cole
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »
He apparently came on as a substitute today.

In other words we played with 10. Why not put Assaidi?

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2012, 03:41:42 pm »
Not his fault he's a fat useless mess.....well, maybe it is, it's not his fault he's getting picked though.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »
Cole ahead of Suso when we need to create something? Seriously? Fuck right off.

Did he even get near the ball?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2012, 03:45:41 pm »
Great player, lots of potential and BR will definitely be the one to finally unlock his talents...

Just give him and Drowning more games, they'll surprise us one day...

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2012, 03:50:38 pm »
Not sure why Assaidi gets overlooked in the PL, however, Cole did well in midweek and BR rewarded him with game time as a result..having said that once again it proves he's not up to this level of footy anymore
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2012, 03:50:42 pm »
Great player, lots of potential and BR will definitely be the one to finally unlock his talents...

Just give him and Drowning more games, they'll surprise us one day...

Potential? He is 31 not 18.

As for giving downing more games, he had a whole season to impress..... Still waitin.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:55:54 pm by scouse29 »
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Mykez

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2012, 03:51:02 pm »

Didn't even make the bench mate. Have no idea why...

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2012, 03:51:19 pm »
Knew what we were going to get when he came on, that being very little.

Should have been Suso, Sahin or Assaidi but there you go.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »
Lets hope it was a shop window based selection.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2012, 03:51:58 pm »
Not sure why Assaidi gets overlooked in the PL, however, Cole did well in midweek and BR rewarded him with game time as a result..having said that once again it proves he's not up to this level of footy anymore

Cole had a decent game Thursday, but I still thought Suso played better overall. Rodgers is having a laugh bringing Cole on ahead of Suso when we need some creativity.

Cole is not an impact sub.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »

perhaps because last thur when we really needed assaidi to tackle, play the ball, he did neither and yb equalised as a result.  Joe cole for the few minutes he was on the pitch, did actually put his foot in once, plus more minutes to shop window himself for jan.   Which might enable us to fund a new signing that can both attack and stick his foot in.

I personally would have switched raheem and brought suso onto the left.  Perhaps he was tired.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2012, 03:57:20 pm »
Knew what we were going to get when he came on, that being very little.

Should have been Suso, Sahin or Assaidi but there you go.
Bit harsh I feel. He didn't have that much time to impact on the game and when he had a chance to, he delivered and excellent ball into Swansea's box. I'm with you on the subs who should have come on, but Cole did ok when he came on.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2012, 04:00:58 pm »
This "shopping window" argument is overrated. Do the people expect other managers to be stupid and blind? Everybody involved in professional football knows that Joe Cole is finished.

Rodgers brought him on cause Cole had a decent game on thursday, that´s all. He hoped he could make an impact, but Joe decided to have a walk on the pitch and enjoy the atmosphere rather than giving it all.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

Rodgers brought him on cause Cole had a decent game on thursday, that´s all. He hoped he could make an impact, but Joe decided to have a walk on the pitch and enjoy the atmosphere rather than giving it all.
I think its a little unfair to say that he didnt give his all. He just isnt anywhere near to the athlete he was and if you cant move quickly over 5 yards or change direction quickly, you're going to look lazy.

Its like if me or you were in there...we'd give our all but we'd look like we were running in mud. No offense to you though ;)

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2012, 04:07:08 pm »
Why he came on instead of Suso I have no idea. Nothing against the lad, but he's just not good enough and we had better more threatening and creative options on the bench.
Justice for the 97

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2012, 04:07:32 pm »
I think its a little unfair to say that he didnt give his all. He just isnt anywhere near to the athlete he was and if you cant move quickly over 5 yards or change direction quickly, you're going to look lazy.

Its like if me or you were in there...we'd give our all but we'd look like we were running in mud. No offense to you though ;)

No objections here.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:09:32 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2012, 04:11:57 pm »
He's shot physically at this level. It's like we owe the guy a dignified end to his career by giving him game time. There's just no room for sentimentality. He's got nothing to offer anymore. I'd rather see somebody like Pacheco on the bench than Cole.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2012, 04:12:41 pm »
Joe Cole is finished as a Premier League footballer. It's as simple as that, he just hasn't got the legs or mobility. Look at his performance against Swansea the other week (or any league game he's played this season).

He's suited more to Europe (or the French league) as the games are slower. It was just stupid management bringing him on ahead of a genuine creative impact sub today, in Suso, when we needed a goal. Even Pacheco would have done more and at least got involved.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2012, 04:13:55 pm »
He's shot physically at this level. It's like we owe the guy a dignified end to his career by giving him game time. There's just no room for sentimentality. He's got nothing to offer anymore. I'd rather see somebody like Pacheco on the bench than Cole.

I think those days are long gone at this club. Teams and subs are made as much on sentiment as merit these days.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »
Strange move to bring him on. We needed pace and creativity. Suso was there to provide that. Cole unfortunately had no impact at all, which realistically was to be expected.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2012, 04:23:50 pm »
Bit harsh I feel. He didn't have that much time to impact on the game and when he had a chance to, he delivered and excellent ball into Swansea's box. I'm with you on the subs who should have come on, but Cole did ok when he came on.
He wasn't good or bad, just pedestrian.  We needed someone to inject life in to us off the bench, it didn't come.

If Cole was to play then he probably should have started rather than come on as an impact sub.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2012, 04:37:36 pm »
Really?

Makes one and scores one.... and people are wondering why he was brought on today? have a word with yourself...

Of course he's been poor since he's arrived, but going on his last performance he warranted the first option today... anyone who says otherwise is talking with hindsight glasses on.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2012, 04:39:30 pm »
We didn't have the ball most of the time he came on. He made a tackle and put in a pretty damn good cross. Bringing him and Shelvey on sacrificed the midfield and against Swansea it's no wonder he was quite. Pointless to criticize him when there are much bigger issues.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »
Some of the crap on here is embarrassing.  'Fat useless mess' etc.

Do I think hes the best player we've ever had?  Absolutely not - is he anywhere near the standard he used to be?  No..

Can he do a job for us?  Yes - he looked tidy mid-week, so why not give him a chance?  The entire team was largely vacant today.. Shelvey wasn't on fire either, and he came on at the same time - but lets all insult Cole because he didn't score in the little time he had on the pitch.. you know.. with all the goals the rest of the team was scoring, it seems unreal that Cole didn't either.

As long as Cole is wearing a Liverpool shirt, he'll get my backing - and those of you insulting him need to have a look at yourselves.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2012, 05:03:38 pm »
Why are people moaning about his cameo today? By the time he got in the whole team seemed dominated by Swansea and was holding very tight to keep a clean sheet. Not a very good situation for someone to get in and change everything, is it? Shelvey didn't add much, either. Stop looking for reasons to have a go at players
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »
Some of the crap on here is embarrassing.  'Fat useless mess' etc.

Do I think hes the best player we've ever had?  Absolutely not - is he anywhere near the standard he used to be?  No..

Can he do a job for us?  Yes - he looked tidy mid-week, so why not give him a chance?  The entire team was largely vacant today.. Shelvey wasn't on fire either, and he came on at the same time - but lets all insult Cole because he didn't score in the little time he had on the pitch.. you know.. with all the goals the rest of the team was scoring, it seems unreal that Cole didn't either.

As long as Cole is wearing a Liverpool shirt, he'll get my backing - and those of you insulting him need to have a look at yourselves.

Young Boys defensively over the two games were all over the place, so if there's a game you'd expect him to do well in it's at home to them. The European games are slower which suits him more than the helter skelter of a Premier League game - particularly away from home.

Against Swansea in the cup the other week he was in an embarrassment. He came on at West Brom, did nothing and then got injured. He came on against Stoke at 0-0 and did nothing. Compare that to Suso - who had a great game the other night himself - who came on at Chelsea and was excellent; came on against United and was excellent. I can't fathom why he'd bring Cole on instead of Suso today.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2012, 05:08:03 pm »
Why are people moaning about his cameo today? By the time he got in the whole team seemed dominated by Swansea and was holding very tight to keep a clean sheet. Not a very good situation for someone to get in and change everything, is it? Shelvey didn't add much, either. Stop looking for reasons to have a go at players

That wasn't Cole's fault, but the fact we were carrying an extra player (i.e. Cole when he came on) hardly helped us getting dominated in that spell. Especially when others were visibly tiring.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2012, 05:08:04 pm »
Did he actually come on? Thought him and downing walked off into the sunset...I wish

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »
I stand by what I say.. I'll support him as long as he's wearing red.. I'm not blinkered though.. I know he's been poor in the past.. but one thing people really ignore is.. how can he impress us if he doesn't get played?   Was he the best choice sub today?  Maybe not.. perhaps Suso would have been better.. but we have to give him a chance, especially while we're lacking much of an attacking threat - a run of games and suddenly he could be banging them in, and suddenly everyone will forget all the insults - but if we don't give him the chance.. how will we know?

My biggest concern with some of these posts isn't just based on his playing ability (or lack of, depending on who's side you're on).. its the over the top insults.. 'fat hopeless mess' is a good example.. fuckin hell.. if people think he's fat, we've got some proper anorexic's around here. 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2012, 05:20:53 pm »
I stand by what I say.. I'll support him as long as he's wearing red.. I'm not blinkered though.. I know he's been poor in the past.. but one thing people really ignore is.. how can he impress us if he doesn't get played?   Was he the best choice sub today?  Maybe not.. perhaps Suso would have been better.. but we have to give him a chance, especially while we're lacking much of an attacking threat - a run of games and suddenly he could be banging them in, and suddenly everyone will forget all the insults - but if we don't give him the chance.. how will we know?

My biggest concern with some of these posts isn't just based on his playing ability (or lack of, depending on who's side you're on).. its the over the top insults.. 'fat hopeless mess' is a good example.. fuckin hell.. if people think he's fat, we've got some proper anorexic's around here. 

Joe Coles played 39 games for us. How many times can you honestly say you've been impressed?

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2012, 05:21:52 pm »
And how many of those performances have been under the current manager?  With the current line up.. with the current style of play?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2012, 05:23:51 pm »
And how many of those performances have been under the current manager?  With the current line up.. with the current style of play?

7 games and had 1 decent showing which was on thursday.

And why should that matter anyway? He's been here for 3 years and as far as I am concerned is dead weight.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2012, 05:25:10 pm »
I was surprised he came on today.

Offline ladcameo

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2012, 05:25:58 pm »

every liverpool fan will support every player who wears the red shirt
but there is a minimum level of play that is expected when you wear it
and when you dont perform you have to face the heat since you have let down people who passionately support the club which wears the great red shirt

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2012, 05:28:56 pm »
Of which I think 2 of those were coming on as a sub.. and several others where he didn't finish the game.

Hampered by injury and not given a run of games - ignored by one manager and trying hard to make a place for himself in the team now.

But that's ok.. he's been here 3 years so must be shit..

Absolutely nonsensical argument.. without a run of games, calling him dead weight is asinine.  Especially when you consider we're not exactly flush with depth in that position.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2012, 05:30:39 pm »

Absolutely nonsensical argument.. without a run of games, calling him dead weight is asinine.  Especially when you consider we're not exactly flush with depth in that position.

Asinine...  really, if Joe Cole is the answer to our depth problem, then we are asking the wrong questions.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2012, 05:33:06 pm »
every liverpool fan will support every player who wears the red shirt
but there is a minimum level of play that is expected when you wear it
and when you dont perform you have to face the heat since you have let down people who passionately support the club which wears the great red shirt

Absolutely not true.. there are plenty of "fans" who do not support a player as long as he's wearing red.. the 'i want it now' brigade who make up their mind and won't be swayed..

Yes, there is a minimum level of performance required, but if that level isn't being reached, then its up to the manager to decide whether they make the squad or not.. not.. oh you didn't play well.. I'm going to call you a useless fat c*nt at every opportunity now - I don't care if people criticize his performances, its the personal attacks on him which are fuckin pathetic.

So was I.. I think Suso would have been a better option

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2012, 05:33:44 pm »
Asinine...  really, if Joe Cole is the answer to our depth problem, then we are asking the wrong questions.

We already have him as a player - we know we're shot on depth, the transfer window was all kinds of fucked up.. is that Cole's fault?

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2012, 05:36:57 pm »

You would figure that after his performance the other night and what would hopefully have been a renewed/newly found level of confidence (even after 1 game) his injection might have been an attempt to take advantage of that. Didn't work regardless of the reason he was put on and was largely unseen. Might have been better if he had been bought on a little earlier I guess.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2012, 06:21:01 pm »
Not his fault he's a fat useless mess.....

big man