Author Topic: Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers  (Read 122329 times)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Re: Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2012, 12:39:46 am »
Haha she's not over 18 she is 18, she just turned 18 in October. Which means when she was filming she must have been 17  :P

now then, now then.

(and even 18 years and one second is "over 18".  but it does mean she wasn't when it was filmed).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:41:18 am by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2012, 05:00:08 pm »
Tonight on Homeland - a drunk Saul and Abu Nazir get hitched in Vegas, Brody suspects his wife is a freak like me and Carrie explodes.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2012, 06:23:27 pm »
Catching up with this today after not bothering with it for a few weeks.

Genuinely laughed out loud at The Pacemaker Plot and Brody frantically reading the serial number with a magnifying glass. Hilarious.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »
I did the same last night waiting for the boxing. Those last two episodes were so poorly written and acted, they were hilarious. I like Lewis, but the script isn't doing the man any favours here. His almost childish facial expressions and pleading with the whole scenario with Nazir and Carry on the phone was just bad acting. Likewise with the pacemaker thing. Why not just say "I'll call you back" grab your camera on your phone and take a pic of the serial and get out of their sharpish, then use the zoom on the image? Nope. Lets grab the huge comical Cluedo magnifying glass conveniently placed on the book shelf to add some comedy tension. The entire thing was just a daft McGuffin that felt like it had been written in there because they were out of ideas and had to make a deadline or something.

Also
Spoiler
Carry disobeying fucking orders again and running off into the mill to look for Nazir unarmed. Nazir at this point starting to resemble a cartoon bad guy. How retarded were these FBI swat teams to not find his little hidey hole? They are trained for that thing,  Carry isn't, yet she finds it instantly. Aren't these FBI supposed to search places with, oh, I don't know, sniffer dogs? A sniffer dog would have found him in a heartbeat. Nope. Let's make the FBI mentally challenged instead in order to inject some tension into the show again by having Nazir develop ninja skills and disappear, then reappear and take out a trained SWAT team member as he chases Carry around a'la a monster in the basement type scenario. Absolutely ridiculous. I laughed out loud when that happened. At the end when Carry was talking to Estes and he was congratulating her on finding Nazir and killing him, I half expected Nazir's body to sit up and say "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids" then flopped back down again in a dead heap. That actually wouldn't have surprised me.
[close]

That being said, I think the show is more of a guilty pleasure now just to see how bad it can really get.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2012, 10:03:52 pm »
do we have an extra long finale this week, or is it standard length?  the best thing about the show is coming on here afterwards to read the criticism :D
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: December 17, 2012, 12:07:38 am »
So much wrong.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: December 17, 2012, 12:29:02 am »
Not sure why that much criticism. Its been fairly decent season. Brodie and his wife scenes this week were very well done imo.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: December 17, 2012, 12:33:28 am »
Not sure why that much criticism. Its been fairly decent season. Brodie and his wife scenes this week were very well done imo.

Hmmm not falling for this.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #408 on: December 17, 2012, 12:53:09 am »
This is RAWK. People like to moan and find something to nit pick at in every TV show. Fuck knows why they carry on watching.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: December 17, 2012, 12:57:21 am »
Hmmm not falling for this.

You realise there's an off button mate if "there's so much wrong" with it.

Dana and Saul have been the best characters this season

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: December 17, 2012, 12:58:47 am »
This is RAWK. People like to moan and find something to nit pick at in every TV show. Fuck knows why they carry on watching.

Indeed.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: December 17, 2012, 01:32:19 am »

Spoiler
i'd probably agree with that last bit.  the bit in the car at the end of the last episode, the slow snuffing out of the marriage, was particularly good. 

but homeland isn't meant to be primarily a family drama, and it really does become a bit of a comedy when it tries to do what it's meant to be doing yet fails quite so badly and with such a straight face.
[close]

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: December 17, 2012, 05:46:42 am »
Spoiler
Damn.

Just when you think they've lost you, they reel you back in again.

When's season 3?
[close]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2012, 09:51:23 am »
Spoiler
Well thank god Carrie got out of there. In the middle of a funeral she decides to get up and Brody follows her, ugh really.

It would suck so much if Saul is the Mole :(

Dana pisses me off. She sounds royally stoned all the time. And whiny.

The release of the tape was very good, enjoyed that. Who had access to the tape? Only the CIA yes?

I don't understand they get to the border, and she stays? How is she going to explain a) how she got out b) where Brody is and c) where she has been for the last 2-5 hours.

"I was just helping Brody escape, of course I still want to work for the CIA"
"We understand Carrie, here have a top job in the CIA"

the fuck?

ARGH!! The end scene, how does she just walk right back in?????

All these bodies all over the place, and she just casually waltzes back in and no-one sees here.

"Oh look there's Carrie, I guess she didn't die. Ah well, good on her. Always knew she was a tough one. Should we ask her where she's been for the last 5 hours? Good god no."

grrrrr anyway.

Maybe I am annoyed at the series I don't know.
[close]

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2012, 11:10:47 am »
Spoiler
Well, that's how to keep the interest up for season 3... but think it'll take some writing to get Carrie out of what she did post-explosion (or early evidence uncovered that it wasn't Brody who behind the bomb for the CIA to believe it). Hope to see more of Quinn in the next season too.
[close]
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2012, 01:02:41 pm »
More Quinn, Saul, and the guy Quinn met on the bus. Less crazy Carrie. I'm not picky.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2012, 01:37:09 pm »
I was wavering the past few weeks as to whether I will be coming back for season 3. And with about 20 minutes to go in the final ep last night, I was already desperate for season 3 to start.

Amazing twist, IMO and a twist that allows them to follow any number of directions.

Looking forward to seeing the new characters.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2012, 02:14:33 pm »
Spoiler
The romance between Carrie and Brody is rubbish. Their lovey dovey thing this episode was abysmal.

I think Saul said it best: "You're both the smartest and dumbest fucking person I know."

Speaking of Saul, he's by far the best thing about the show. Patinkin is incredible - his reaction to seeing Carrie again was beautiful. I'd happily watch a Homeland with Patinkin as the main character and Danes and Brody nowhere to be seen.

Nice twist with the release of the martyr video. Someone a few posts ago asked if only the CIA had it, but I'm guessing the terrorists had a copy.

Thank god David Estes is gone. He had become an unbearable character.

I'm apprehensive for Season 3. Presumably will be the CIA trying to hunt down Brody, with Carrie right in the middle of things. She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the CIA after some of the shit she's pulled this season, yet in this episode they were talking about making her a station chief?!

Also, what bullshit with Quinn not pulling the trigger. Don't buy that a black ops guy would struggle to kill a man who, were it not for a technical malfunction, would have killed the Veep and several more.

Does Carrie know that Brody killed the Veep? I can't remember. So many plot holes.

I don't know. What made the show so great last season was the chemistry between Danes and Lewis. They were both playing each other, and their feelings were getting in the way. But now, they're being painted as a one true love pairing, and it just doesn't work.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:17:25 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2012, 04:23:47 pm »
Spoiler
What happened to Galvez? Not seen him since Carrie stopped him from going to hospital? I thought maybe he was the one who moved the car.
[close]

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »
Spoiler
A nice twist which will at least keep me watching. I just don't see how Carrie can get away with this. Surely she has to be prosecuted or something?
[close]
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: December 17, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »
Spoiler
What happened to Galvez? Not seen him since Carrie stopped him from going to hospital? I thought maybe he was the one who moved the car.
[close]

Spoiler
Maybe he's dead, since apparently he was about to bite it at any moment - until he randomly popped up as a red herring.

Seems they've dropped the mole plotline completely.
[close]

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #421 on: December 17, 2012, 05:06:57 pm »
Well fuck me.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: December 17, 2012, 06:14:59 pm »

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: December 17, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »

Dont get the Dana hate. She is supposed to be a moody teenager, does a pretty good job of that...

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 17, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »
Spoiler
The romance between Carrie and Brody is rubbish. Their lovey dovey thing this episode was abysmal.

I think Saul said it best: "You're both the smartest and dumbest fucking person I know."

Speaking of Saul, he's by far the best thing about the show. Patinkin is incredible - his reaction to seeing Carrie again was beautiful. I'd happily watch a Homeland with Patinkin as the main character and Danes and Brody nowhere to be seen.

Agree with all of this. Saul's boss, but I don't really give a fuck about Brody or Carrie any more, in fact I think I actively dislike them. Agree on Quinn as well. He would've shot Brody if the plot didn't require him not to.

I actually liked the direction they took the story in by the end of the episode though, and I certainly didn't see it coming. Will probably come back for season 3.
[close]

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: December 17, 2012, 07:35:20 pm »
Dont get the Dana hate. She is supposed to be a moody teenager, does a pretty good job of that...

A bit overplayed, though.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: December 17, 2012, 08:05:10 pm »
Nnnngggggggg

Spoiler
Stupid dramatic ending. Now I want to see what happens.

Still had stupid moments. Oh, a soldier who "kills bad guys" won't kill Brody because David was a bad guy too. I'm sorry, I must have missed the whole nearly blowing up the VP and an entire room of important people. Don't see why he wouldn't have killed him, even knowing that Brody had served them well, he went from nearly killing him in his limo to not wanting to do it at all in two episodes, with no sign whatsoever that he was conflicted by it.

Oh, Carrie magically escaped from an enormous terrorist attack, with Brody, and now the latter is missing. Someone who is now known to be a traitor. How she won't end up in jail for a very long time I don't know, because there is no way they will write her out of that well.

Saul continues to be the best thing about the show.

David deserved to die. Glad he did, had become an irritating character.

Now, the "romance" between Brody and Carrie is ridiculously forced. They're in love, it was perfect, oh if only they could be together. Was awful.

Stupid show but now, because of that pretty exciting set up, I have to watch the next season. Bah!
[close]
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #427 on: December 17, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »

It's the constant fiddling with her hands and looking down that does my head in, personally.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2012, 10:01:06 pm »
Spoiler
Was it just me or was the scene when Saul was talking to his gf after the explosion kind of emotional? The way he was talking had me in tears..
[close]

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #429 on: December 17, 2012, 10:26:21 pm »
Spoiler
Whoever had the idea to give the bomb-sniffing dogs the day off when a gathering of several hundred important and influential people was scheduled at the CIA headquarters should really be put up for performance review
[close]

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2012, 10:35:19 pm »
Spoiler
Was it just me or was the scene when Saul was talking to his gf after the explosion kind of emotional? The way he was talking had me in tears..
[close]

Mandy Patinkin is boss.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: December 17, 2012, 10:58:05 pm »
Spoiler
Whoever had the idea to give the bomb-sniffing dogs the day off when a gathering of several hundred important and influential people was scheduled at the CIA headquarters should really be put up for performance review
[close]

Spoiler
Love that his motor was parked meters away from the building too, that's not suspicious at all
[close]
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #432 on: December 17, 2012, 11:20:59 pm »
Spoiler
Love that his motor was parked meters away from the building too, that's not suspicious at all
[close]

exactly to both

Spoiler
Bit of a slow episode where not much happened apart from Quin + the boom
[close]
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #433 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:03 pm »
They really need to think about Series 3 and have some structure for the whole season!!

I was reading earlier that they've only had two meetings about Series 3 and Howard Gordon hasn't been to either  :o

It felt very much like they were making it up as they went along and the post season interviews definitely point to that  :-\

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: December 17, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »
Any links to post interviews paul?

I agree though.  Annoying

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #436 on: December 17, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »
Does anyone have a link to stream/download it? My usual place only has one dodgy link, which is unusual and I'm dying to watch it!
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: December 17, 2012, 11:59:48 pm »
Does anyone have a link to stream/download it? My usual place only has one dodgy link, which is unusual and I'm dying to watch it!
http://www.movie2k.to/index.php

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #438 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:38 am »

http://www.tv-links.eu/_gate_way.html?data=MjcxNTFfMjA2NzAyXzQwMTQ1Nw== (then click on 'click to play video in new window' box, then enter a two word verification code, and then wait a few seconds for the epsiode to start)

Spoiler
on Quinn deciding not to shoot Brody, and then threaten Estes - I imagine that he'd have had to run that decision by his boss (Sauls' old 'friend') first to get the ok? - someone who we may see more of in season 3.

CCTV, if not damaged by the blast, should give Brody a pass on him not moving his car to the spot it exploded
[close]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:10:09 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: December 18, 2012, 03:09:21 am »
Spoiler
i commented as i watched it that if the first half an hour was going to be quite so utterly fucking tedious, they had to have something pretty explosive up their sleeves shortly afterwards.  and boom, there it was.  and the first half an hour was truly utterly horrendous. a suspenseful CIA drama consisting largely of two people sitting on a sofa and saying "could we though?" over and over again is not really my idea of fun.

the explosion was predictable, although the bizarreness of the moving car made the whole thing look clumsy (in the middle of a passionate kiss brody says "that's weird, somebody's moved my car". of all the clunking dialogue this season that was amongst the worst).  there was also that brief moment of hesitation from brody which suggested that he might have been expecting the explosion, and i guess that's supposed to have viewers harking back to the "look, he's praying! with nazir! and he didn't tell the CIA about it! evil!" scene from the episode after the helicopter.

but the video release was excellent.  how can brody ever be on the run after that?  he's been plastered over the world's media on numerous occasions over the past few years, and on top of that he's ginger.

special mention for saul, whose performance was stellar (the phone call to his wife was particularly powerful, and the smile at the end joins carrie's from the first episode in terms of awesomeness).  also big up to dana. now that claire danes is on gurn autopilot and damien lewis is somehow doing an impression of the impression of himself on saturday night live, dana and saul are just about the best actors in the whole show.

will i tune in for season 3.  the first episode, definitely.  if brody's not a mountie by then, i may well give up watching.

[close]