Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388119 times)

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #5080 on: October 11, 2018, 03:01:29 pm »
Made up I put up with the last few seasons of shite just to see that c*nt ended.
cyas

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #5081 on: October 13, 2018, 08:38:46 am »
Mixed. The zombies are pointless now.

They'll be coming more into it now. By the looks of the trailers, the next set of protagonists follow the comic book. By far the scariest of the lot so far.
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5082 on: October 13, 2018, 09:34:39 am »
Can see Ricks downfall coming a mile off
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5083 on: October 13, 2018, 11:30:36 am »
Not the best of openers. Glad its back though.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #5084 on: October 13, 2018, 01:56:26 pm »
Said I'd never go back after last season but stupidly watched the season opener. Absolutely fucking turgid.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5085 on: October 13, 2018, 04:46:46 pm »
Thought it was pretty poor episode to be honest.

Spoiler
Bringing in new characters just so they can kill off Gregory. They all go all the way to Washington to get some seeds and clapped out farm machinery and why do they feel the need to provide for the people in the sanctuary?
[close]

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5086 on: October 16, 2018, 12:00:41 pm »
Bump.

Another boring slow mundane episode.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5087 on: October 16, 2018, 06:49:13 pm »
Bump.

Another boring slow mundane episode.
The last 5 was better than the first 55..
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5088 on: October 18, 2018, 05:22:45 pm »
It feels like farm pacing.

The season looks in desperate need of a theme. Ever since the farm debacle, they have used a big bad to drive the season narrative. This just seems kind of aimless. Despite the heavy hints of a forthcoming civil war between the towns. There is just no hook. Nothing to keep you in suspense between episodes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5089 on: October 18, 2018, 06:03:38 pm »
Should pick up,I am hoping that the Whisperers are enough to save it & not just more of the same.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5090 on: October 18, 2018, 06:33:05 pm »
It's the most elongate'd shite on tv.

They all die, there you go, can stop watching now like.

It used to be fun and I'd justify it by saying well the 'Zombies' look ace. Yeah. Couldn't give a fuck about any singular character whatsoever.

Enjoy it if you like it. I've seen better stream's of piss.

#fistbump

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5091 on: October 18, 2018, 07:00:16 pm »
Needs to pick up the pace. Felt similar to last week. Negan at the end was the highlight.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5092 on: October 18, 2018, 11:23:55 pm »

It used to be fun and I'd justify it by saying well the 'Zombies' look ace. Yeah.

I remember saying this maybe about 2 series ago when it started to get really bad. Yeah, best thing about this show is that there's a talented visual effects team on it ran by Greg Nicotero.

Oh, and Rosita found herself a nice pair of yoga tights. Bonus.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5093 on: October 18, 2018, 11:46:20 pm »
Negans been one of the biggest let downs for me.His whole thing didnt translate well to tv.Infact, hes been fucking shite.

Hope they fuck him off completely and not keep bringin him back like Eastenders do when the ratings drop like The Walking Deads very own Sharon Watts

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5094 on: October 20, 2018, 04:38:29 pm »

The season looks in desperate need of a theme. Ever since the farm debacle, they have used a big bad to drive the season narrative. This just seems kind of aimless. Despite the heavy hints of a forthcoming civil war between the towns. There is just no hook. Nothing to keep you in suspense between episodes.

I switched off when they had the characters explain the scene with the March of Progress. It’s like they think their target audience is dumber than the walking dead.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #5095 on: October 26, 2018, 08:50:17 pm »

Couldn't disagree more - albeit you do have a point re the analogy with the Farm season - then again unlike with many on here that season will always rank very highly for me.

As it is for Season 9 the new writers have thank god managed so far to inject a very definite new vigour of plot and characterization into the show making it very watchable once again following the hackneyed and laboured predictability of the Negan/Saviours seasons.

We're actually finding ourselves once again looking forward to each new episode which is a refreshing change form the tour of duty it had become for devotees like me during the latter stages of Scott Gimple's waning creative arc.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 08:53:35 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5096 on: October 26, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »
Couldn't disagree more - albeit you do have a point re the analogy with the Farm season - then again unlike with many on here that season will always rank very highly for me.

As it is for Season 9 the new writers have thank god managed so far to inject a very definite new vigour of plot and characterization into the show making it very watchable once again following the hackneyed and laboured predictability of the Negan/Saviours seasons.

We're actually finding ourselves once again looking forward to each new episode which is a refreshing change form the tour of duty it had become for devotees like me during the latter stages of Scott Gimple's waning creative arc.

Think you’re being pretty generous using a plural there Timbo  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #5097 on: October 26, 2018, 11:56:28 pm »
Think you’re being pretty generous using a plural there Timbo  ;D

Ha ha. Very droll EL.

I'll tell the missus her vote's been vetoed!!

:)

Offline Mivi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5098 on: October 27, 2018, 08:29:09 am »
Did anyone notice Machonne rub blood off her arm when Rick walked into the bedroom? I think Judith may have more than just a cold......

Offline VintageRed74

• or perhaps Vladimir or even Estragon. Best fiends with Maggie..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5099 on: October 27, 2018, 01:34:54 pm »
Loved this from the start, just waiting to see how i feel once Rick goes. I understand his reasons for leaving but will the show be the same. Im not sure. We will see.
I never normally forget a face, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5100 on: October 29, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »
I thought tonight’s episode was the best for a long while. Back to the good old days of the earlier seasons. Let’s hope the rest of the season plays out just as good...
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5101 on: October 30, 2018, 01:07:55 pm »
I thought tonight’s episode was the best for a long while. Back to the good old days of the earlier seasons. Let’s hope the rest of the season plays out just as good...
Was very odd for me that they immediately trailed "NEXT WEEK ON THE WALKING DEAD..." completely negating the minimal suspense of that cliff hanger scene
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Mivi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5102 on: October 30, 2018, 04:05:19 pm »
They can't win. There was an almighty uproar when they left on the who did Negan kill cliffhanger.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5103 on: October 30, 2018, 06:01:16 pm »
They can't win. There was an almighty uproar when they left on the who did Negan kill cliffhanger.
That was an end of season deal - what's the point of ending an episode pretending that the character is in real peril, only to immediately show them limping around the country 2 seconds later in the trailer? Now, I know that everyone gets that the peril isn't real, and that an escape (however unlikely, but bound to be better than "oh look, he hid under that other guy and he got eaten") will be made, but what's the point in pretending if you are going to spoil it a few seconds later
Every man has a dream

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5104 on: October 30, 2018, 07:05:21 pm »
That was an end of season deal - what's the point of ending an episode pretending that the character is in real peril, only to immediately show them limping around the country 2 seconds later in the trailer? Now, I know that everyone gets that the peril isn't real, and that an escape (however unlikely, but bound to be better than "oh look, he hid under that other guy and he got eaten") will be made, but what's the point in pretending if you are going to spoil it a few seconds later
I think it's an good example of how shite the writing is. If it were for any other character bar Rick or Daryl, then leaving it on a cliffhanger would work. They showed the next week trailer because only an idiot would believe that it's the end of him, despite being told he's to bite the bullet. It's too early for that yet. It's just a continuing theme for this show now. Writers creating ridiculous contrived scenarios to place characters in a bit of danger when they shouldn't or would be otherwise. Rick and Co are basically superheroes now. Michonne might as well be wearing a cape.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5105 on: October 30, 2018, 07:30:25 pm »
If he is not going to die what will happen to Rick? Surely if he leaves then Michonne and Judith would go with him?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5106 on: October 30, 2018, 09:11:43 pm »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5107 on: October 31, 2018, 05:29:21 am »
Going to be in the minority here I think but I've surprisingly found myself quite enjoying this season so far. I can't watch after Rick goes though, the show is his story to me and it just doesn't feel right that it continues without him. In most cases shows have a decent supporting cast to fall back on but I just don't find that with this show, Negan and Michonne are the only interesting ones left imo. The likes of Daryl/Maggie/Carol have all been pretty redundant for a number of seasons now and been partly butchered as characters in the meantime, and the rest of the cast are pretty much just glorified extras.

Anyway, saw the promo for next weeks and

Spoiler
Really looking forward to Shane's return! My favourite character throughout all seasons, hope it lasts for more than just a minute or two.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:31:10 am by JoeCole »

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5108 on: October 31, 2018, 08:48:45 am »
Going to be in the minority here I think but I've surprisingly found myself quite enjoying this season so far. I can't watch after Rick goes though, the show is his story to me and it just doesn't feel right that it continues without him. In most cases shows have a decent supporting cast to fall back on but I just don't find that with this show, Negan and Michonne are the only interesting ones left imo. The likes of Daryl/Maggie/Carol have all been pretty redundant for a number of seasons now and been partly butchered as characters in the meantime, and the rest of the cast are pretty much just glorified extras.

Spoiler
Really looking forward to Shane's return! My favourite character throughout all seasons, hope it lasts for more than just a minute or two.
[close]
I'll end up sticking with it, despite my better judgement. they should just end it now though, Rick goes back to the hospital where we saw it all begin and passes out in the same bed from blood loss, camera pans in to him slipping into a coma, fade out...

Fade in... Rick is waking up, Lori by his side with Coral and Shane and PLOT-TWIST their boss, Chief Negan, TA-DA!!!, you've just wasted 8 years of your life watching the fevered dreams of a man with a gunshot wound in a coma. THE END.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:51:08 am by Wigwamdelbert »
Every man has a dream

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5109 on: October 31, 2018, 11:20:41 pm »
I'll end up sticking with it, despite my better judgement. they should just end it now though, Rick goes back to the hospital where we saw it all begin and passes out in the same bed from blood loss, camera pans in to him slipping into a coma, fade out...

Fade in... Rick is waking up, Lori by his side with Coral and Shane and PLOT-TWIST their boss, Chief Negan, TA-DA!!!, you've just wasted 8 years of your life watching the fevered dreams of a man with a gunshot wound in a coma. THE END.
I've that happened, I'd laugh my balls off.

Then kick my TV across the room.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #5110 on: November 2, 2018, 11:57:13 pm »
Going to be in the minority here I think but I've surprisingly found myself quite enjoying this season so far.

The improvement in the writing/plotting and dialogue so far this season is stark. And the actors who had been going stale and hackneyed for so long are clearly reinvigorated by it. I'm finding myself actually looking forward to each episode. Hopefully they can keep up the raised standards.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5111 on: November 5, 2018, 12:44:28 pm »
I'm still not watching this, after the end of last season.

Just returned to say I heard in a TV review what happened to old Rick.

Ha ha ha what a bag of shite!!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5112 on: November 5, 2018, 01:18:58 pm »
The improvement in the writing/plotting and dialogue so far this season is stark. And the actors who had been going stale and hackneyed for so long are clearly reinvigorated by it. I'm finding myself actually looking forward to each episode. Hopefully they can keep up the raised standards.

I agree.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5113 on: November 5, 2018, 01:37:03 pm »
I'm still not watching this, after the end of last season.

Just returned to say I heard in a TV review what happened to old Rick.

Ha ha ha what a bag of shite!!

Spoiler
Was obvious what was going to happen...As for a bag of shite,I like a good moan about tv shows but it was a good end and who cannot be excited about a mini katana wearing,deadeye Judith ?
[close]

Couldn't help but smile with excitement myself.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #5114 on: November 5, 2018, 09:35:16 pm »
This was a great episode, actually looking forward to the next one.

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #5115 on: November 5, 2018, 09:35:50 pm »
+1

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5116 on: November 5, 2018, 11:48:30 pm »
Enjoyed that episode and go Judith!!! ;D

Been a while since i've really looked forward to an episode.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5117 on: November 6, 2018, 12:34:37 am »
3 Films with Rick as the lead to come over the next few years - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-expansion-plans-revealed-andrew-lincoln-movies-new-series-come-1157921

"We look at this as a very long-term proposition," AMC programming president David Madden tells THR of the larger goal for the franchise. The Rick-centric movies, the executive says, will not be like a bonus or extended episode of the show, but rather a "large, big scope movie that will feel like a major motion picture," with a runtime anticipated to come in at around two hours and a feature film-level budget.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-expansion-plans-revealed-andrew-lincoln-movies-new-series-come-1157921

I thought it was a good ending for his character on the show and think he could be better utilized in a film format and not being restricted to staying in the same location(s) as the rest of the cast. The large time jump is quite an interesting idea for the show too, and probably the right thing to do.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5118 on: November 6, 2018, 07:03:40 am »
Some great cameos last night, especially given one of them has passed away since filming.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5119 on: November 6, 2018, 10:59:06 am »

Spoiler
[close]
Yep episode's are getting better. Rick's last one was excellent.