Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 607190 times)

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #4560 on: February 22, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »
I've ordered an android box and it is waiting for me at home when I finish work. Looking forward to getting it set up but I have no idea what I'm doing!!

There's some great tips in this thread already and most of it will be trial and error until I get used to it myself. But I do have some, no doubt rookie, questions.

Should I use a VPN? Which ones do you recommend? Will one used in UK work as well here in Thailand?

What is the easiest way to get Skyports or Bein sports for the football? I don't mind paying to subscribe to something reliable for sport.

To answer my own question.... turns out if I'm willing to pay to subscribe to Bein sports then I can just.... subscribe to Bein sports! Sometimes the obvious answer just seems unrealistic! But they've got a great live streaming app with literally every premier league game for a fiver a month.

I spent a good two hours researching apps and installing random shite... the missus walks in, goes to the App Store and has it in two minutes!

I hate technology!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #4561 on: February 22, 2018, 04:09:59 pm »
easiest way to set kodi up if you're new to it is with a build.
kodi is fine for tv shows movies etc but i never use it now for anything live.

best bet for reliable live sports is stbemu app and an iptv subscription.

tutorial for the build i use is here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnuhRw1azMI

im sure others will prefer other builds but i stick with this one

I will definitely check that out later, thank you!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4562 on: February 22, 2018, 08:17:19 pm »
Finally managed to get opera vpn on the shield. Was a bit of an arse, even chrome isn't standard on there despite it running the play store alot of things still aren't on it.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4563 on: March 24, 2018, 03:23:00 pm »
Any alternatives to alluc that are even half as good?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4564 on: March 24, 2018, 04:01:21 pm »
Any alternatives to alluc that are even half as good?

None that are free.

Have a look at Real-Debrid
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4565 on: April 21, 2018, 08:05:21 pm »
Haven't used kodi in a while, Got version 17.3

Worth getting the latest and also what are the best film add ons these days? ice films doesnt seem to work on the version i have anyway

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4566 on: April 21, 2018, 08:38:42 pm »
Haven't used kodi in a while, Got version 17.3

Worth getting the latest and also what are the best film add ons these days? ice films doesnt seem to work on the version i have anyway

17.6 just because there's a bug in 17.3 where your device can be hacked if you use subtitles.You want MaverickTV,Supremacy,The Dogs Bollocks,Placenta & maybe The Atroix.There are more but those 5 are the best and will give you all you need for Movies & TV.

I wouldn't go for 18 yet as it is still in development,18 is the only one that works on Xbox though.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4567 on: April 21, 2018, 09:05:18 pm »
17.6 just because there's a bug in 17.3 where your device can be hacked if you use subtitles.You want MaverickTV,Supremacy,The Dogs Bollocks,Placenta & maybe The Atroix.There are more but those 5 are the best and will give you all you need for Movies & TV.

I wouldn't go for 18 yet as it is still in development,18 is the only one that works on Xbox though.

is there a build that has all them built in?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:07:02 pm by LiamG »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4568 on: April 21, 2018, 09:18:06 pm »

is there a build that has all them built in?

I think this does,I'm not that clued up on the builds though mate as I installed the durex build last year and personalised it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFL7BReIqA

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4569 on: April 22, 2018, 11:30:32 am »
thanks, placenta seems to be the best one i think :)

With ice films there used to be the option of play or download, i can't seem to find a download option with any of them?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4570 on: April 22, 2018, 01:15:40 pm »
thanks, placenta seems to be the best one i think :)

With ice films there used to be the option of play or download, i can't seem to find a download option with any of them?

When you get your list of links highlight the one you want and press your menu button,then you should see a download option in the menu.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4571 on: April 23, 2018, 08:00:24 pm »
I have a fire stick in the bedroom, But when I try and watch files that are on my external HDD anything HD wont play properly. Keeps freezing and out of sync etc.It was working fine before but lately I can only play like 480p files. Internet connection is amazing so can't see that been the problem as I stream larger HD files OK to my fire tv in the living room which is further away.

I have the latest version of Kodi with zero addons jut fresh install and they still struggle to play. My fire stick is getting on a bit but still should be able to stream a 720p file 10 foot surely?

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #4572 on: May 20, 2018, 12:02:13 am »
Been using terrarium for ages now, its been fantastic, but lately its been buffering during films.  I use this on the amazon fire box, its really handy due to being an all in one app as such.  Is there an alternative / like for like to this?  The buffering is doing my head in.  I'm trying to avoid using kodi as the terrarium type apps are super easy to navigate!

thanks

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4573 on: May 20, 2018, 12:07:21 am »
Been using terrarium for ages now, its been fantastic, but lately its been buffering during films.  I use this on the amazon fire box, its really handy due to being an all in one app as such.  Is there an alternative / like for like to this?  The buffering is doing my head in.  I'm trying to avoid using kodi as the terrarium type apps are super easy to navigate!

thanks

Some links do,what I do is if the grey slider doesn't jump ahead,I go back and get another link,you will soon suss out which hosts are best.There are others but not as good or as easy to navigate,MovieHD & Showbox are both decent but you will need mousetoggle or an air mouse to navigate them properly.There are also some that use torrents but if you go for them make sure you have a vpn.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4574 on: May 20, 2018, 10:29:43 am »

thanks

Are you using a Real Debrid account? My Terrarium has no problem using the Debrid links.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #4575 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:24 pm »
Are you using a Real Debrid account? My Terrarium has no problem using the Debrid links.

No, i havent read much on them to be honest.  how much do they cost?

It's just lately some of the top links have been buffering.  I watched ready player one last night, which buffered.  I have also been checking daily for the avengers film, i load the first link up and it buffers immediately.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4576 on: May 20, 2018, 03:24:27 pm »
Signing ups cheap as chips mate. I think its about 9 Euro for 3 months, and to be honest Ive found the difference between a RD stream and a normal stream to be chalk and cheese.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4577 on: May 20, 2018, 03:54:54 pm »
Is anyone able to play Openload movies on kodi builds, pairing never solves the problem for me so i assume most people have the same problem.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4578 on: May 20, 2018, 05:20:13 pm »
Is anyone able to play Openload movies on kodi builds, pairing never solves the problem for me so i assume most people have the same problem.

Rarely need to but just checked and after pairing with my phone it worked fine on my stick.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4579 on: May 20, 2018, 05:46:00 pm »
Rarely need to but just checked and after pairing with my phone it worked fine on my stick.
Thanks for trying,yeah, ive paired in the past,plays for a few minutes then cuts out asking me to pair again.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4580 on: May 20, 2018, 06:02:47 pm »
Thanks for trying,yeah, ive paired in the past,plays for a few minutes then cuts out asking me to pair again.

You don't need to pair if you use Maverick,Supremacy or Magic Dragon (new name for dogs bollocks),they all give you 1080p options for movies that don't need pairing & they don't scrape sites for them.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4581 on: May 20, 2018, 09:39:34 pm »
You don't need to pair if you use Maverick,Supremacy or Magic Dragon (new name for dogs bollocks),they all give you 1080p options for movies that don't need pairing & they don't scrape sites for them.
Thanks, never knew that, I tried Maverick but need a add which failed to download, will look into both sites.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4582 on: May 20, 2018, 11:52:07 pm »
Thanks, never knew that, I tried Maverick but need a add which failed to download, will look into both sites.

You can get the Magic Dragon add-on from both the MaverickTv and the Supremacy repos,if you don't know how to add the sections to your menus you can just add them to your favourites by highlighting  New Movie releases (maverick),pressing your menu button on remote and selecting add to favourites,do the same with Supremacy (New Releases) & The Magic Dragon (New Movie Releases),then depending on what skin you're using you should be able to find them easy enough,on mine it is the star on the bottom left.

Maverick repo address is - http://mavericktv.net/mavrepo/
Supremacy repo address is - http://supremacy.org.uk/zip/repo

You do know how to add that to your file manager and then install the add-ons yeah ?  (they're not websites just source addresses for the repos/zip.)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4583 on: May 21, 2018, 10:22:50 am »
You can get the Magic Dragon add-on from both the MaverickTv and the Supremacy repos,if you don't know how to add the sections to your menus you can just add them to your favourites by highlighting  New Movie releases (maverick),pressing your menu button on remote and selecting add to favourites,do the same with Supremacy (New Releases) & The Magic Dragon (New Movie Releases),then depending on what skin you're using you should be able to find them easy enough,on mine it is the star on the bottom left.

Maverick repo address is - http://mavericktv.net/mavrepo/
Supremacy repo address is - http://supremacy.org.uk/zip/repo

You do know how to add that to your file manager and then install the add-ons yeah ?  (they're not websites just source addresses for the repos/zip.)
Yeah thanks, I downloaded a new build on Friday, Durex. Maverick and Dogs Bollocks are both on, I finished up taking Openload and a few others out of the scraper searches as they never play, gave up looking in all the movie sites for openload as they never played elsewhere, didn't know about Maverick and dogs bollocks being able to play them.
Playing great last night when i tried. good quality and more movies.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4584 on: May 21, 2018, 06:58:21 pm »
Placenta, Neptune Rising worth checking out, basically Covenant clones.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4585 on: May 21, 2018, 07:16:11 pm »

And when using Placenta the streamango links are usually 720p but are never listed as such.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4586 on: May 21, 2018, 07:42:45 pm »
Ive been using them,problem was a lot of the time all the links listed first were Openload which is why I asked if theres anyway to get around the pairing problem. I finished up taking Openload and Coolmoviezone out of the list of providers. not much point of a link if it never works.
Been checking out Wheresangelsplays suggestion about using Dogs Bollocks and Maverick. excellent. played a few movies ive wanted to watch in excellent quality first time. I will watch a few over the next week or so.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #4587 on: May 31, 2018, 12:18:27 pm »
I'm pretty crap at this sort of thing but at least my question is reasonably simple. The missus and I love to watch a lot of foreign films and TV. Covenant was great because it had 'languages' under 'genre'. Unfortunately Covenant seems to be crap nowadays and almost nothing on it's extensive lists seems to be accessible, and Maverick, Magic Dragon etc don't seem to have the 'languages' option - so are there any that do?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4588 on: May 31, 2018, 03:25:01 pm »
I'm pretty crap at this sort of thing but at least my question is reasonably simple. The missus and I love to watch a lot of foreign films and TV. Covenant was great because it had 'languages' under 'genre'. Unfortunately Covenant seems to be crap nowadays and almost nothing on it's extensive lists seems to be accessible, and Maverick, Magic Dragon etc don't seem to have the 'languages' option - so are there any that do?

Genesis Reborn,Placenta & Yoda all have the Languages lists.You can also just search the interwebs for Covenants forks,Incursion is one but I've never used it.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #4589 on: May 31, 2018, 03:26:32 pm »
Genesis Reborn,Placenta & Yoda all have the Languages lists.You can also just search the interwebs for Covenants forks,Incursion is one but I've never used it.
Thanks very much matey!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #4590 on: July 25, 2018, 06:18:08 pm »
Kodi Kodi Kodi ...  8)
Right.. not used my kodi for months..(PC windows 7 64 bit) it was always hit & miss to watch anything really.. LivePD-Cops etc..
Sport is all i want (footy/boxing) i also link kodi it with my 'Real-Debrid' account.... & 'News-Source' so i got footy & boxing really, but i want to kodi as well.
should i uninstall kodi & start a fresh  :-\ .. i've no probs with repos .. zip files etc.. but the ones i put on do f**k all to be honest  :no
been watching youtube guy 'Dimitrology' and got me thinking of new install of kodi ?
Also i'd like 'Acestreams' to play too (is it free or need to sign up)...

so.. fresh install. a few decent repos.. (VPN ??).. any thoughts ?  .. Thanks Hixx  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #4591 on: July 28, 2018, 05:13:15 pm »
Is Neptune Rising still decent for tv shows?
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4592 on: July 28, 2018, 05:21:14 pm »
Is Neptune Rising still decent for tv shows?

Not used it in ages,I have my widgets set for placenta (same dev),Yoda is pretty good as well.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4593 on: July 30, 2018, 04:54:28 pm »
I'm  trying to update my box to 17.6 and all the tutorials say just go to the Google store and it will take you straight to the Kodi official symbol and just update. However when I do this it isn't there. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4594 on: July 30, 2018, 05:06:25 pm »
I'm  trying to update my box to 17.6 and all the tutorials say just go to the Google store and it will take you straight to the Kodi official symbol and just update. However when I do this it isn't there. Can anyone shed any light on this?

What version of android does your box use ?  17.6 won't show up if you're on kitkat but you can use one of the forks.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4595 on: July 30, 2018, 05:23:58 pm »
16.1 but it was pre loaded when I got it 2 years ago. Don't know what a fork is apart from eating with :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4596 on: July 30, 2018, 05:39:43 pm »
16.1 but it was pre loaded when I got it 2 years ago. Don't know what a fork is apart from eating with :)

No I mean what version of Android does the box run ?  17.6 doesn't work on android kitkat 4.2.2 so if your box is using that you would need to use a fork of kodi 17.6  (my garcia or spmc)

https://dimitrology.com/sdm_downloads/mygica-media-center-kodi-17-android-4-4/

Try downloading that to your box.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4597 on: July 30, 2018, 06:10:15 pm »
On system it says Android 5.1.1. I'm not great at this stuff so not sure.
I looked at the video for the mygica but it says I have to delete my previous Kodi but if I do I will lose my Fla*less sub and they aren't doing help any more so I might have to wait until my sub runs out, or get a new up to date box.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4598 on: July 30, 2018, 06:25:15 pm »
On system it says Android 5.1.1. I'm not great at this stuff so not sure.
I looked at the video for the mygica but it says I have to delete my previous Kodi but if I do I will lose my Fla*less sub and they aren't doing help any more so I might have to wait until my sub runs out, or get a new up to date box.

You shouldn't need to remove the other Kodi as gica is a fork,not done it myself though.If it won't let you install it have a look for spmc in the play store and download that,again not used it myself but I know that you can run/have both Kodi and Spmc on the same box.

Pretty sure that the video you watched would have been talking about uninstalling any previous version of mygica though.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:32:48 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4599 on: July 30, 2018, 07:13:02 pm »
OK thanks for the help :) I might give it a go tomorrow when my brain isn't as tired.