Author Topic: The Metal thread. Show your horns!  (Read 182286 times)

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
Re: The metal thread. Show your horns!
« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2010, 05:58:07 am »
Have Rock Sugar merited a mention in this thread yet?

They're not straight-ahead metal, but perform metal/rock/pop mash-ups to amazingly good effect. Have a look on youtube for e.g.

Don't Stop The Sandman - Metallica + Journey (!)
We Will Kickstart Your Rhapsody - Queen/Motley Crue
Shook Me Like A Prayer - AC/DC + Madonna

etc etc. Don't think the album's available from the usual outlets yet, but worth keeping an eye out if you like this sort of thang...

I've heard Beatallica. A Beatles and Metallica mix.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2010, 04:00:46 am »
I do so love it when you suddenly find a band that you haven't listened to for about 8 years, chuck the cd's on and their fucking blinding. I've been doing it a lot lately, rediscovering bands. Today i've been  listening to this lot:

Iron Monkey were fucking awesome. I was very lucky to catch them at Dynamo '99, one of their last gigs and they were brilliant then and the 2 records that I've got (the ones above) are awesome sludgy, stoner metal!

RIP Johnny Morrow
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2010, 09:57:55 am »
I do so love it when you suddenly find a band that you haven't listened to for about 8 years, chuck the cd's on and their fucking blinding. I've been doing it a lot lately, rediscovering bands. Today i've been  listening to this lot:

Iron Monkey were fucking awesome. I was very lucky to catch them at Dynamo '99, one of their last gigs and they were brilliant then and the 2 records that I've got (the ones above) are awesome sludgy, stoner metal!

RIP Johnny Morrow

Cool music! Not sure I understand too much of his screaming singing though... ;D

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2010, 10:47:11 pm »
Cool music! Not sure I understand too much of his screaming singing though... ;D
Anyone who could scream like Johnny and use the word "Daddy-o" in a song is alright in my book ;D
Gratitude

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2010, 11:31:25 am »
Don't know if they have any fans in here, but I thought I'd pass on the news.

TYPE O NEGATIVE singer/frontman Peter Steele has been confirmed dead at the age of 48. The legendary frontman Peter Steele is rumored to have passed away due to heart failure. His passing was first reported by metal blogess Mistress Juliya on the social networking tool Twitter. The cause of death was apparently confirmed by Kenny Hickey, bassist for the band Peter Steele fronted – TYPE O NEGATIVE.

* “He passed of heart failure today. Just spoke to Kenny.”

* “Today is a very sad day in metal. End of an era. Peter Steele passed today. I loved my friend…our idol…my heart is with his band and family…

Peter Steele was previously rumored to have died in 2005, when an image of a tombstone was posted to the group’s website bearing his name. The announcement turned out to be a hoax. Peter Steele had recently been thought to have overcome his long-standing cocaine and alcohol dependencies.

Peter Steele was born in 1962 and released seven studio albums with TYPE O  NEGATIVE between 1991 and 2007.

http://www.smnnews.com/2010/04/15/peter-steele-dead-at-48-confirmed-type-o-negative-singer/

Fuck. :(
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2010, 12:58:58 pm »
Don't know if they have any fans in here, but I thought I'd pass on the news.

TYPE O NEGATIVE singer/frontman Peter Steele has been confirmed dead at the age of 48. The legendary frontman Peter Steele is rumored to have passed away due to heart failure. His passing was first reported by metal blogess Mistress Juliya on the social networking tool Twitter. The cause of death was apparently confirmed by Kenny Hickey, bassist for the band Peter Steele fronted – TYPE O NEGATIVE.

* “He passed of heart failure today. Just spoke to Kenny.”

* “Today is a very sad day in metal. End of an era. Peter Steele passed today. I loved my friend…our idol…my heart is with his band and family…

Peter Steele was previously rumored to have died in 2005, when an image of a tombstone was posted to the group’s website bearing his name. The announcement turned out to be a hoax. Peter Steele had recently been thought to have overcome his long-standing cocaine and alcohol dependencies.

Peter Steele was born in 1962 and released seven studio albums with TYPE O  NEGATIVE between 1991 and 2007.

http://www.smnnews.com/2010/04/15/peter-steele-dead-at-48-confirmed-type-o-negative-singer/

Fuck. :(

Just had a quick search on the net. Appears to be only rumours but more sites are now reporting that Kenny Hickey has confirmed his death.

Sad IF true...

Offline kinkytones

• Anny Roader
  • Ta for the profile reset. Bellends
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:30 pm »
Shite news about Pete. R.I.P
"Our purpose was to document the event" - Mossad agents arrested on 9/11 caught filming the attacks.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2010, 04:00:30 pm »
Bummer RIP Pete if it's true.

Got quite a few Typo CD's at home. Love Black no 1

Offline henrydk

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2010, 05:32:56 pm »
didn't he "die" in 2005 aswell? Some kind og weird prank?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2010, 05:33:51 pm »
didn't he "die" in 2005 aswell? Some kind og weird prank?

Been confirmed by cbs news?

Offline Kess73

• Main Stander
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2010, 07:29:36 pm »
It was confirmed earlier today that he died of a heart attack.

Bloody shame. I loved Carnivore and Type O Negative had some brilliant albums, especially Slow, Deep , And Hard  and Bloody Kisses.
Meet them head on, it's the only way.

http://rollers.mybrute.com

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2010, 08:03:32 pm »
Germany's SPV/Steamhammer Records has released the following statement:

"It's with great sadness that we give our condolences to the family and friends of Peter Steele. He died on April 14th, 2010.

"With his bands CARNIVORE and TYPE O NEGATIVE he achieved cult status and was loved by fans around the world. The last releases he did with TYPE O NEGATIVE were the DVD 'Symphony For The Devil' and the studio album 'Dead Again'.

"SPV/Steamhammer proudly released both products worldwide, which will now — very unfortunately — be the end of his recording legacy.

"The world has lost a charismatic frontman and a very talented person.

"Our condolences go to Peter's family, friends and the members of his bands."

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/252/18414/Type-O-Negatives-label-issues-statement-on-Peter-Steele.html

RIP Peter Steele  :sad

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2010, 08:42:34 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ICCZU-GeX4I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ICCZU-GeX4I</a>

I'm planning on watching 'After Dark' in a few minutes. Damn.....I loved TON, they're one of my favourite bands. Still can't believe Peter's gone.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2010, 11:00:27 pm »
When I'm in that grumpy grumpy mood where you just hate EVERYTHING I usually make myself worse with October Rust... :D

Offline Haggis

• worse than offal
  • Anny Roader
  • www.billyliddell.org.uk
« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2010, 11:10:23 pm »
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Still gets an airing 20+ years down the line

ROCK AND ROLL

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2010, 02:18:17 am »
:( Shit it.

RIP Pete. Type O were very entertaining live and I've got a lot of their albums. i thought their last one was a brilliant album.

We'll miss you mate, i'll be raising a glass of Red Wine to you tonight.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:22:35 am by Red_Isle_Chap »
Gratitude

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2010, 06:49:16 am »
Thought I'd post the official statement from TON and Peter's family up. I expected nothing less from Josh Silver, AKA Lord of Sarcasm.

It is with great sadness that we inform you that Type O Negative front man, bassist, and our band mate, Peter Steele passed away last night of what appears to be heart failure.

Ironically Peter had been enjoying a long period of sobriety and improved health and was imminently due to begin writing and recording new music for our follow up to "Dead Again" released in 2007.

The official cause of death has yet to be determined pending autopsy results. The funeral services will be private and memorial services will be announced at a future date. We’d like to share our thoughts and those of Peter’s family below.

We are truly saddened to lose our friend and appreciate the tremendous outpouring today from around the world.

Sincerely,

Josh, Kenny and Johnny

Josh Silver: “Peter, My endless source of frustration, (as I'm yours) you have really done it this time. You have changed and touched countless lives through music, comedy and often brutal honesty. You've made life both interesting and irritating and I could not imagine not having known you for 37 years. It still isn't true in my mind but in time I will miss you and the creating that we all endured together. We certainly disagreed constantly and I believe (and hope) we all learned from each other. Should I call you my brother, friend or neighbor? I can only call you Peter (and usually after 2 PM). We laughed at ourselves more times then I can count. Knowing humans are preposterous creatures and I know we reveled in that fact. I will miss you in time, but at this moment your premature departure seems surreal and has pissed me off to no end. Though I never told you that I harbor a deep respect for you, I do. Goodbye my friend.”

Kenny Hickey: “Peter Steele was one of the most brilliant and funny personalities in music and it was all for real. Half the time people thought he was joking, but he was actually telling the truth. Part of me died with him.”

Johnny Kelly: “It’s impossible for me to put into a few sentences what I am feeling at the moment Peter. I’m not sure if I should eulogize or roast you. Both good and bad, we went on one hell of a ride together and sadly, the ride has come to an end. You truly were a unique person. Your music touched many people. Myself included. Whether it was talking about The Beatles, power tools, how Pluto was no longer considered a planet or calling me at 3am asking me to drive to your house to have a fistfight with you, you always kept it interesting. It was a privilege to have been your bandmate. It’s something that I will always cherish.”

In a statement issued today by Steele`s family: “Legendary Goth/Heavy Metal musician Peter Steele died suddenly Wednesday, April 14, 2010, after a short illness at the age of 48. He wrote and orchestrated the music for the Brooklyn-based band Type O Negative, a groundbreaking group known for its dramatic lyrical emphasis on the themes of romance, depression, and death. Steele, renowned as much for his striking physical appearance as his musical talent, was the creative force behind the bands 20-year success writing most of the material for the their albums. Type O Negative and Steele have been lauded as a major influence by numerous alternative and metal bands. The band gained a worldwide following through touring and recording seven studio albums, two best-of compilations, concert DVDs and music videos. Their 1993 album “Bloody Kisses” went platinum, and the 1996 follow-up “October Rust” went gold.

The music world has lost a great talent, and music fans worldwide are mourning, but for our family we are mourning a beloved brother, uncle, cousin, friend and funny man. Peter Steele was a complex man, known for his brooding looks, his self-deprecating sense of humor, unique view of the world, and most of all his loyalty to his fans, friends and family. Survived by five sisters, the eldest living sister notes that he was more than our brother, he was our son. His untimely death is tragic – a great loss to us and to music. The official cause of death has yet to be determined pending autopsy results, and funeral plans at present remain unknown. The family thanks fans for their loyalty to Peter and band members, but request that fans and media respect their wishes for privacy.

In addition to his success in music, Peter Steele also tried his hand at acting, appearing in HBO`s Oz and the cult classic film Bad Acid. He also composed music for the film soundtracks “Freddy vs. Jason” and “Mortal Combat”, the television movie “Nosferatu: The First Vampire”, and the soon-to-be released “Living the American Nightmare.”

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2010, 04:31:51 pm »
Statement from Sal Abruscato(Johnny Kelly replaced him in TON, he went on to play drums for Life Of Agony):

There are not many words that can describe how you affected my life Peter. From the times of hanging in your basement as a kid, the first meetings we had about Type O Negative, to getting chased all over Europe by radical left wing groups with bomb threats and eventually creating one of the most influential albums of all time. You affected me and influenced me as an artist and as a person, you were one of the funniest and most generous friends I ever knew. It is an honor to have been there with you through the rough times we call the beginning and now the end. I am the musician I am today because of you and I thank you with all my heart my friend. I will miss you and I love you.

This is truly the end of an era.

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2010, 05:56:52 pm »
Anyone a fan of Paradise Lost? Just started to re listen to them again lately, forgot how good they are, very underrated band imo.
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2010, 07:14:26 pm »
When I'm in that grumpy grumpy mood where you just hate EVERYTHING I usually make myself worse with October Rust... :D

October Rust is brilliant record, listened to it last weekend first time for ages
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 16, 2010, 07:25:16 pm »
Love that album. World Coming Down is a great album, too. Life Is Killing Me was good, but not one of my favourites.

Gotta love the track 'I Like Goils'. ;D

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2010, 01:05:44 am »
Anyone a fan of Paradise Lost? Just started to re listen to them again lately, forgot how good they are, very underrated band imo.
I am mate, huge, huge fan, got every album. SO underrated by their own musical press it's fucking criminal. Awsome live, never afraid to experiment and play what they wanted and i love every album that they've done.

Icon is still my favourite as it was the first one that i owned and I played it to death when I got it, i'm not sure if it's their best, everyone i know who loves them has a different favourite.
Gratitude

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #302 on: April 17, 2010, 01:18:40 am »
Type O Negative- Black No 1
 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uVaHG_QMvNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uVaHG_QMvNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2010, 01:22:29 am »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2010, 01:29:13 am »
These lads are fucking boss,as is their driver.gave us(me.my younger bro.and our mate) free tickets and supplied us with beer all night...and then gave us some signed shit at the end of the night and showed us round their bus

DRY KILL LOGIC - Neither Here Nor Missed
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vHX74qAoVY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4vHX74qAoVY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 17, 2010, 07:45:40 am »
Type O Negative- Black No 1
 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uVaHG_QMvNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uVaHG_QMvNk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

That was the track that got me into TON......was incredibly lucky enough to see them live when they played Dublin in 1997. The album version's better, though. ;D

Christian Woman
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/V0LSO-dtsxo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/V0LSO-dtsxo</a>

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2010, 09:42:55 am »
I am mate, huge, huge fan, got every album. SO underrated by their own musical press it's fucking criminal. Awsome live, never afraid to experiment and play what they wanted and i love every album that they've done.

Icon is still my favourite as it was the first one that i owned and I played it to death when I got it, i'm not sure if it's their best, everyone i know who loves them has a different favourite.

Your not wrong, they play gigs to 20,000 in Europe, cant imagine they would get half that over here, Just being discovering some of the more electroonic stuff they have done, still absolutely class. Good to hear a band try different things, new album seems class too.
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2010, 12:21:26 am »
Your not wrong, they play gigs to 20,000 in Europe, cant imagine they would get half that over here, Just being discovering some of the more electroonic stuff they have done, still absolutely class. Good to hear a band try different things, new album seems class too.
They got butchered by some fans and most of the british press for Host, which is such a shame as it's a cracking album. But then, i know someone who reckons "they went shit after gothic" which just goes to show you can't please everyone.

"Faith divides us..." is a really, really good album. Luckily for me, we're heading into winter here soon and that's my favourite time to listen to PL ;D so i'll be listening to it heavily over the next few months, along with another  massively unappreciated british band My Dying Bride, who are one of the best doom bands in the world in my opinion, and like PL, brilliant live. Their latest "For the lies I sire" is one of their best!
Gratitude

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:40 pm »
Been reading all your posts on Peter Steele and Type O Negative, listened to Christian Woman and they seem like a top band, can anyone give me a few pointers to what album of theirs I should get first etc?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2010, 07:42:03 am »
Been reading all your posts on Peter Steele and Type O Negative, listened to Christian Woman and they seem like a top band, can anyone give me a few pointers to what album of theirs I should get first etc?

"Bloody kisses" or "October rust"...

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:08 am »
You'll probably get a few different answers to that one mate! I'd agree with Bennekov with Bloody Kisses but not the other one ;) I'd take slow deep and hard or their latest Dead again before October rust, but that's just me. ;D
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2010, 08:00:30 am »
On an unrelated note, i've been listening to this almost non stop for a couple of days now another band i'm re-discovering and by lord they're awsome! Oh and it's got to be up there with the best metal album name ever, but then again I think that of Bondage Goat Zombie by Belphegor as well.....

Lair of the Minotaur's War Metal Battle Master

Seeing as the Captain's putting up vid's, thought i'd put this one up for the Lair boys. Hilariously entertaining, bet they had a right laugh making it :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7SonqCNzI

(I can't embed)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:07:36 am by Red_Isle_Chap »
Gratitude

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2010, 09:39:14 am »
"Bloody kisses" or "October rust"...
You'll probably get a few different answers to that one mate! I'd agree with Bennekov with Bloody Kisses but not the other one ;) I'd take slow deep and hard or their latest Dead again before October rust, but that's just me. ;D

Thanks both for the advice, at least you both agree on Bloody Kisses  :)  i'll be looking out for that one in the coming week.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:33 pm »

Funnily enough I went to the same school as Nick -  he was a year younger.  Hope he doesn't mind but there's a photo here circa 86 - far right!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2010, 10:51:07 pm »
Paul Gray died tonight, bass guitarist of slipknot. Unknown circumstances at the moment, RIP

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2010, 03:04:47 am »
Paul Gray died tonight, bass guitarist of slipknot. Unknown circumstances at the moment, RIP
RIP.

Personally can't stand their music, but by god they know how to market themselves and make cash (same applies to Manson) so I've no problem with them. Saw them live at Dynamo in 1999 with my ex missus who was really into them. Thought they were very entertaining.
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #316 on: May 25, 2010, 03:06:24 am »
Oh, while this thread is up and about. Juan (as i know you'll pop in) have you heard Re-traced by Cynic, and is it worth getting?
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2010, 09:50:31 am »
Oh, while this thread is up and about. Juan (as i know you'll pop in) have you heard Re-traced by Cynic, and is it worth getting?

Haven't heard it yet mate, but when has anything Masvidal done not been worth getting? Even Aeon Spoke are boss.

If you're still looking to check out some middle eastern metal mate, get on to Nervecell (obviously), but also a bit of Oath To Vanquish - death metal from Lebanon. There's a few things up on Youtube, and an album or two on Spotify. It's amazing what watching Al-Jazeera at the right time will introduce you to.

Wanna get a hold of this as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC3icYwYstg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXxt3SiGvTg - not fussed on their singers voice though, which is a shame. Better there than it is on the demo tracks though. Sounds like you'd hear on a few of those "epic doom" bands, mixed with Hetfield.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2010, 09:56:30 pm »
RIP.

Personally can't stand their music, but by god they know how to market themselves and make cash (same applies to Manson) so I've no problem with them.

+1

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #319 on: May 26, 2010, 12:30:39 am »
Haven't heard it yet mate, but when has anything Masvidal done not been worth getting? Even Aeon Spoke are boss.

If you're still looking to check out some middle eastern metal mate, get on to Nervecell (obviously), but also a bit of Oath To Vanquish - death metal from Lebanon. There's a few things up on Youtube, and an album or two on Spotify. It's amazing what watching Al-Jazeera at the right time will introduce you to.

Wanna get a hold of this as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC3icYwYstg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXxt3SiGvTg - not fussed on their singers voice though, which is a shame. Better there than it is on the demo tracks though. Sounds like you'd hear on a few of those "epic doom" bands, mixed with Hetfield.
;D yeah very true. I keep meaning to pick it up.

I'd like to see that documentary, could be very interesting. Unfortunately for a lot of bands from out that way (when it comes to seeing through my eyes only) they'll have to be really fucking good to better Melechesh, who hail from Jerusalem  (originally) and deal with Mesopotamian mythology. They are immense, check out their last album Emmisaries which is the one that got me into them. Like Nile have that Egyptian feel to them, this lot have the same kind of thing going on. (and yes i'm well aware that my geography is shit....i don't care. :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSgIclwhNgo (i love this song)

Oh dammit, i want to listen to them, but i've just got my grubby little mitts on 3 new albums i've been waiting for for ages.

Nokturnal Mortums "The Voice of Steel"
Finntroll's "Nifelvind" and
Watains "Lawless Darkness" which i've been dying for as i'ts been far too long since sworn to the dark and they're one of the best black metal acts i've seen live (supporting Dissection)

Thank fuck it's winter here, perfect time for it. ;D
Gratitude