Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1079017 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10760 on: March 3, 2024, 11:53:19 am »
John Coleman has been sacked as manager of Accrington Stanley. The significance of this for us is that Jurgen Klopp is now 2nd longest serving manager currently active in English football. Or another way to put it, he’s the longest serving manager currently active in English football whose Dad isn’t the chairman of the same club (Simon Weaver is the longest serving at Harrogate Town where his father Irving Weaver is the chairman).
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10761 on: March 3, 2024, 01:41:08 pm »
Here's the downer way to put it, we have a maximum of 20 games left as Jurgen as our manager.  :(

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10762 on: March 4, 2024, 08:33:09 am »
John Coleman has been sacked as manager of Accrington Stanley. The significance of this for us is that Jurgen Klopp is now 2nd longest serving manager currently active in English football. Or another way to put it, he’s the longest serving manager currently active in English football whose Dad isn’t the chairman of the same club (Simon Weaver is the longest serving at Harrogate Town where his father Irving Weaver is the chairman).
Pub quizmasters like this post.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10763 on: March 4, 2024, 08:45:24 am »

There's no way Klopp is taking the AS gig.

Anyway.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pieK7b4KLL4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pieK7b4KLL4</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10764 on: March 5, 2024, 02:30:48 am »
Kloppo and his pal Siya Kolisi.

;D

And both of them with Patrick Mahomes at Adidas HQ  8)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10765 on: March 7, 2024, 03:14:40 pm »
 :D

BBC & ITV are battling to get Jürgen Klopp as a EURO 2024 pundit.

They are trying very hard to persuade him. [@MikeKeegan_DM]

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10766 on: March 7, 2024, 05:27:06 pm »
He'd make an ace pundit it's what he did in Germany when he did the World Cup when he was managing Mainz (I think).
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10767 on: March 7, 2024, 06:19:34 pm »
He'd make an ace pundit it's what he did in Germany when he did the World Cup when he was managing Mainz (I think).

Yep...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #10768 on: March 7, 2024, 08:29:56 pm »
1000 goals. I’m not a big one for statistical milestones but the point of interest here is goal number one : Benteke.

How far we’ve come  :)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10769 on: March 7, 2024, 08:32:40 pm »
1000 goals. I’m not a big one for statistical milestones but the point of interest here is goal number one : Benteke.

I'd kind of forgotten he used to play for us.  ;D

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #10770 on: March 7, 2024, 08:56:47 pm »
I really love this man.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10771 on: March 7, 2024, 08:57:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/LewisSteele_/status/1765832337135124676

Jurgen Klopp asked if any Sparta players impressed him and could be signed: "I retire in the summer. You want me to take him on holiday?"

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10773 on: March 7, 2024, 09:00:58 pm »
I'd kind of forgotten he used to play for us.  ;D
I've tried to forget. Except I never can because I heard the news he'd signed when a work colleague (and fellow Red) looked at his phone and screamed out over the entire office "FUCKING BENTEKE!!! TIRTY-FIVE MILLION YOYOS!!!"
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10774 on: March 7, 2024, 09:02:06 pm »
I've tried to forget. Except I never can because I heard the news he'd signed when a work colleague (and fellow Red) looked at his phone and screamed out over the entire office "FUCKING BENTEKE!!! TIRTY-FIVE MILLION YOYOS!!!"

:D

It maybe be fair to point out we've had even worse then Benteke playing for us.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10776 on: March 7, 2024, 11:12:00 pm »

Emre Can in the Europa League was the first, Benteke was the first league goal the weekend after.

Point still stands though!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10777 on: March 8, 2024, 01:24:58 am »
The Athletic's Klopp V Guardiola: The Premier League's Greatest Rivalry?
https://youtu.be/NWA-icfBzJo?si=AuSzgOFCxw9bFcda

Loads of comments are saying can it really be a rivalry if it is 5-1? Are people just stupid, are they trolling or do they really live in such a black and white reality? Two goals in the right matches makes it 3-3. That is how tight it has been.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 01:43:05 am by OkieRedman »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10778 on: March 8, 2024, 04:49:48 am »

Loads of comments are saying can it really be a rivalry if it is 5-1? Are people just stupid, are they trolling or do they really live in such a black and white reality? Two goals in the right matches makes it 3-3. That is how tight it has been.

Until a journo has the guts to call out what it really is, cheats with unlimited funds vs a club doing it the proper way, nothing they write is meaningful, as it’s all built on lies.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10779 on: March 8, 2024, 06:07:57 am »
Until a journo has the guts to call out what it really is, cheats with unlimited funds vs a club doing it the proper way, nothing they write is meaningful, as it’s all built on lies.

There's so much subversion of the truth within certain media circles, which feeds this willful ignorance. The BBC in particular are proving themselves to be the Manchester-centric organisation they are. They've completely stopped even having the facade of being a balanced national broadcaster.

The latest case being this snippet in the article about Haaland's response to Trent's comments, which entirely ignores the wider context of City's spending, which goes way beyond pure transfer fees, but is included as if it's a smoking gun:

"Research by the CIES Football Observatory says that, from 2014 to 2023, Liverpool have generated higher losses through player transfers (249m euros/£213m) than City (59m euros/£51m)"
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #10780 on: March 8, 2024, 06:14:57 am »

I think it's more of a hatred towards Liverpool than anything else, for some of them at least. Also depends on the media I reckon. I generally avoid the  athletic, guardian etc. and am pretty sure the comments over there are filled with nothing but rubbish.
Reddit, which is where I read most sports news, although not great, has a decent amount of people (non-Liverpool fans mind you) who always call them out.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10781 on: March 8, 2024, 07:33:21 am »
There's so much subversion of the truth within certain media circles, which feeds this willful ignorance. The BBC in particular are proving themselves to be the Manchester-centric organisation they are. They've completely stopped even having the facade of being a balanced national broadcaster.

The latest case being this snippet in the article about Haaland's response to Trent's comments, which entirely ignores the wider context of City's spending, which goes way beyond pure transfer fees, but is included as if it's a smoking gun:

"Research by the CIES Football Observatory says that, from 2014 to 2023, Liverpool have generated higher losses through player transfers (249m euros/£213m) than City (59m euros/£51m)"

Is that true? I'd expect clubs to generally make a loss on transfers, especially those competing at the top end but £51m seems really low?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10782 on: March 8, 2024, 07:10:15 pm »
In the last few pressers - even though the stakes are as high as always - he looks like hes got his energy and personality back! He looks happier and i suspect that comes with the knowledge that he's close to the end with the club and especially at the end of the monotony of the PL and English press . Pleased for him (gutted for us) and hope he can get another trophy or two to smile about even more.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10783 on: March 8, 2024, 07:27:38 pm »
In the last few pressers - even though the stakes are as high as always - he looks like hes got his energy and personality back! He looks happier and i suspect that comes with the knowledge that he's close to the end with the club and especially at the end of the monotony of the PL and English press . Pleased for him (gutted for us) and hope he can get another trophy or two to smile about even more.
He's clearly demob-happy. The stress of the job and moreso, the decision, must have weighed heavy.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 07:45:17 pm by rossipersempre »

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10784 on: March 8, 2024, 07:33:09 pm »
Love Klopp tongue in cheek comment regarding the Anfield atmosphere! Take that fragile and insecure City c*nts

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10785 on: March 8, 2024, 08:23:35 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: Jurgen Klopp sparks battle between BBC and ITV, with broadcasters desperate to have the departing Liverpool manager in their Euro 2024 pundit line-ups

By Mike Keegan
Published: 09:38 GMT, 7 March 2024 | Updated: 13:36 GMT, 7 March 2024

The BBC and ITV are battling to add No 1 target Jurgen Klopp to their punditry teams at the European Championship.

However, Mail Sport understands that both will be disappointed, with the outgoing Liverpool manager expected to turn offers down - and instead head to the tournament in his native Germany as a fan.

The UK's two main broadcasters are known to be desperate to add Klopp to their line-ups for the summer showdown. They believe the charismatic Anfield boss would be a must-watch, marquee signing and would give their coverage the edge in the traditional battle for viewers.

Klopp will leave Liverpool at the end of the season and both have significantly stepped up their attempts to add him to their teams. Insiders have disclosed that the BBC have been the more aggressive of the two.

But both are highly likely to fail in their mission, which may well leave viewers disappointed.

Klopp has tickets for each of Germany's three group games - starting with their tournament opener against Scotland on June 14 in Munich.

He is known to be keen to switch off following what will no doubt be an emotional departure from Liverpool after close to nine years at the helm.

The run-in to his final campaign is likely to be intense, with his side - which have already lifted the League Cup - also hunting Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League glory.

Klopp, who led Liverpool to their first top-flight title in 30 years and lifted the Champions League in 2019, has declined to engage after being made aware of the interest and is said to have no desire to head into the studio.

Instead, the Stuttgart-born 56-year-old, who has previously been linked with the national team job, will take in the action from the stands and is also likely to jet off on a much-needed holiday.

Klopp announced his departure from Liverpool with a lengthy statement in January in which he said he was 'running out of energy'. He added: 'I am absolutely fine now. I know that I cannot do the job again and again and again and again.'
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10786 on: March 8, 2024, 08:32:59 pm »
Jurgen's gonna be great doing match comms for LFC TV :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10787 on: March 8, 2024, 09:30:27 pm »
Jurgen's gonna be great doing match comms for LFC TV :)

Get him back managing for the next legends game in September. Want to see Charlie Adam gegenpress; I know he can do it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #10788 on: March 8, 2024, 09:38:00 pm »

It's the same kind of fuckwits that say Klopp hasnt won much during his time at then club. Almost outlining 1 PL isn't enough.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline kiwiscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #10789 on: March 8, 2024, 10:18:21 pm »
I really love this man.

Do one pal,  I saw him first 😀

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10790 on: March 9, 2024, 02:08:09 am »
Had one of those moments whilst watching Jurgen’s presser for the Man City game, and I thought “fuck I’m gonna miss him”. We’ve been truly blessed to have Jurgen as our manager. Love the man
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10791 on: March 10, 2024, 06:21:06 pm »
Slapping Mike Dean around, my manager.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10792 on: March 10, 2024, 06:22:01 pm »
He's fired up, he believes. City and Arsenal lovers on here take note.

We are the best team in the league, quite clearly.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10793 on: March 10, 2024, 06:43:38 pm »
Don't know fully what tweak he did around 15mins in but it got us control of the game and we never looked back. Elite managing.

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #10794 on: March 10, 2024, 07:09:27 pm »
Whatever happens this season whether we win the league or lose it in the last second on the last day, we should soak up what is a really special time in our history, a perfect storm with the fans, the manager, the players we are all on exactly the same wavelength. EVERYONE else would dream of having what we have. In the future we will look back and really understand what an amazing moment in our clubs history we are currently living through. Enjoy every second of this. Lap it up. Bottle it and remember it. Jurgen Klopp is a not just a generational management talent, he understands and is one of us.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10795 on: March 10, 2024, 07:14:20 pm »
I love this man "What must they have had for lunch" :lmao :lmao
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #10796 on: March 10, 2024, 08:22:48 pm »
Had one of those moments whilst watching Jurgen’s presser for the Man City game, and I thought “fuck I’m gonna miss him”. We’ve been truly blessed to have Jurgen as our manager. Love the man
Thought and said exactly the same in the match thread.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #10797 on: March 10, 2024, 08:45:33 pm »
What a fucking manager we have.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10798 on: March 10, 2024, 09:39:12 pm »
Everything about him is box office.

I’ll be speaking to the kids about him in the future the way some of our older fans speak of Shanks and Paisley.

Will support whoever comes in but Jurgen will forever be my favourite, no matter what happens.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10799 on: March 10, 2024, 09:45:56 pm »
Everything about him is box office.

I’ll be speaking to the kids about him in the future the way some of our older fans speak of Shanks and Paisley.

Will support whoever comes in but Jurgen will forever be my favourite, no matter what happens.

Is the right answer football without this man is shit he really is the king for me.

Get ready for plenty of blandness next season when he has gone he is going to be badly missed.