Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262688 times)

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #200 on: April 4, 2007, 11:21:41 am »
best of luck to Aurelio - he was showing some good form...

Offline Dick Winters

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: April 4, 2007, 11:26:57 am »
Wasn't an achilles tendon injury that ended Van Basten's career??  I think it had a knock on effect on his ankle and he had to retire early.

I realise that treatment has improved dramatically since then but there is no doubting that this will put him out for a very, very long time.

I strained my achilles tendon training - just strained it - and I had difficulty placing my heel to the floor because of the pain.  It was awful.  I had to walk up on the balls of my feet for about a fortnight.  It was the only relief I could get.

I wasn't able to resume running for three months with it.  Even then it was light running only and took about another 8 weeks to fully heal.  Very tricky injury.  I also got excellent physio care too.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 4, 2007, 11:28:58 am »
I think it ended Lawrenson's career as well (pity there are no Achilles tendon's in his mouth). It is about the worst injury a footballer can get. Pity, because the cross he put over for Crouch on Saturday was a peach. I do fear for his career now though. Is Warnock available?
Xerxes MBE

Offline rogermoore

• rush hour bus shuffler
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fancy a game you non-bamboo eating gimp?
« Reply #203 on: April 4, 2007, 11:40:34 am »
Get well soon Fabio you were looking fabio.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: April 4, 2007, 11:54:05 am »
It aint called the achilles tendon for nowt, ask achilles himself. Fucked his career up too
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 4, 2007, 12:40:50 pm »
Felt so sorry for the lad last night. He was really starting to show some ability and his crossing was fantastic. I'd expect Rafa to go looking for a LB in the summer now anyway. All the best Fabio.

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #206 on: April 4, 2007, 01:00:07 pm »
I feel so gutted for Fabio, he was just saying how he'd like a run now he's free of injuries. Jinxed himself. Poor guy. :(
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 4, 2007, 01:11:39 pm »
I'd expect Rafa to go looking for a LB in the summer now

yep

I think that's probably effectively the end of mister Aurelio's LFC career last night, even if he does recover given time

unless Insua is deemed ready to play competitive football I'd fully expect Rafa to enter the transfer market

Riise is the only left-sided player we've got who can be relied upon to stay fit for 3 months so I wouldn't be totally amazed to see 3 left-sided players brought in

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #208 on: April 4, 2007, 01:58:14 pm »
Felt so sorry for the lad last night. He was really starting to show some ability and his crossing was fantastic. I'd expect Rafa to go looking for a LB in the summer now anyway. All the best Fabio.
It is such a shame though.

He was really starting to look like he was adjusting to playing in this country.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 4, 2007, 02:28:16 pm »
It is such a shame though.

He was really starting to look like he was adjusting to playing in this country.

Yeh definitely and only for Crouch's hat trick last weekend Fabio had a good shout at MOM, he was excellent in that game. I agree with seat in that I think his career here could be finished before its started, a fucking shame.

Offline Red Marauder

• Anny Roader
  • ....and to glory we will go.....
« Reply #210 on: April 4, 2007, 02:41:50 pm »
Bad injury that.....really is  a shame.  I snapped my achilles (watching Istanbul as it goes.....jumped up and landed awkwardly when Xabi equalised...) and it really is a painful one.  Fabio looked back instantly because you get the sensation that someone has twatted you on the back of your foot....he'll be out for a long time.

Hope he keeps his head and lets the physio get him back, hopefully.

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 4, 2007, 02:44:48 pm »
It's his right foot and not his left right? I was nervous when Kluivert cut Mascherano down, because I initially thought it was Aurelio...

Offline Red Marauder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #212 on: April 4, 2007, 04:42:55 pm »
Out for four months according to SSN......have to say, thought it would be a lot longer than that......that would suggest it was not a compete 'snap'.......have a speedy recovery Fabio mate.....

Offline Benitez

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca caminarás sólo
« Reply #213 on: April 4, 2007, 05:10:57 pm »
Out for four months according to SSN......have to say, thought it would be a lot longer than that......that would suggest it was not a compete 'snap'.......have a speedy recovery Fabio mate.....

Club spokesman Ian Cotton said: "A scan has confirmed a complete rupture of the achilles tendon in Fabio's right leg.
"Stay humble. Work harder than the other team every game, and work harder in practice. Take nothing for granted, especially on a day like today. How could you? It’s a gift to be playing in this league, a gift to walk the planet. So you know what, leave it on the ice every single night and let the results take care of themselves"

Offline Red Marauder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: April 4, 2007, 05:16:55 pm »

Club spokesman Ian Cotton said: "A scan has confirmed a complete rupture of the achilles tendon in Fabio's right leg.

Mmmmm......if thats right, thats really good going for an injury like that.  Hope they are right......

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 4, 2007, 06:05:29 pm »
lukas, sorry to hear of your dad's injury.

Did your dad recover fully?

Mostly but not fully, lost speed and sharpness really but still manages to kick my arse at squash.
PSN:lr3487

Offline King Crouch

• Anny Roader
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 4, 2007, 06:28:13 pm »
Let's win it for Fabio!

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: April 4, 2007, 06:30:57 pm »
I snapped my achilles (watching Istanbul as it goes.....jumped up and landed awkwardly when Xabi equalised...) and it really is a painful one.  Fabio looked back instantly because you get the sensation that someone has twatted you on the back of your foot....he'll be out for a long time.
jeepers, sorry to hear of your injury mate.....send the bill to Alonso maybe! :)  Great night....surprised there weren';t other injuries.  One poor lad in Ireland had a heart attack that night and died....liverpool supporter.

Mostly but not fully, lost speed and sharpness really but still manages to kick my arse at squash.
  did he have an operation, mate...or just allowed to heal in a leg cast with no surgery?

Offline lfcbabe1984

• Kopite
  • Stevie G's the man!
    • Diane's Wonderland
« Reply #219 on: April 4, 2007, 06:59:08 pm »
Is Warnock available?

Hope you're joking mate, the guy's at Blackburn now, Riise's all we've got. Well we could play Carra there but I'd rather not.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #220 on: April 4, 2007, 07:09:30 pm »
Get well soon Fabio!

I feel really sorry for you. Gutted really.   :(

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 4, 2007, 07:11:42 pm »
Unlucky lad. Speedy recovery.

Riise will have to stay well or we could resort to Agger or Carragher
 if crisis hits. Not all bad I guess.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #222 on: April 4, 2007, 07:40:32 pm »

Offline King Crouch

• Anny Roader
« Reply #223 on: April 4, 2007, 08:37:27 pm »
Hope you're joking mate, the guy's at Blackburn now, Riise's all we've got. Well we could play Carra there but I'd rather not.

Riise left back and Gonzales left mid ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #224 on: April 4, 2007, 08:44:32 pm »
Gutted for Fabio.. was really looking to see him make his mark, as he has recently,  and become a great for us.

Hope he recovers better than is predicted and we see him back for next season.

RiH
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #225 on: April 4, 2007, 09:28:19 pm »
He was just getting into his groove and beginning to look like a consistant match winner with his assists.  It's hard to say we'll miss him because he's only had a handful of games, but he did look like he was set to add something to the team, so it's a real shame.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of cover, we've got Riise, Arbeloa and Zenden who can do a job, perhaps Insua will get a chance, and if the need was so great, even Agger or Carra could do a job at left back.

It's a shame, but we've got more than adequate replacements.

Just hope we can win a medal for the lad - I recall it was he who put the ball in for Crouchie's bicycle kick against Galatasaray.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #226 on: April 4, 2007, 09:53:04 pm »

Not really - don't foget about Arbeola - did brillianty there vs Barca - made Messi look very average remember? Agger also has some experience playing leftback - does so for his national team I think - has a decent cross, and his long throw is the best I've seen in ages.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 4, 2007, 10:09:14 pm »
Aurelio was starting to show how good he was but he did take his time getting there so this doesn't bode well. Poor guy... Perhaps Insua might get a go against Portsmouth or Reading? Even on the bench? In terms of actually having a left-footer rather than a right footer or centre back? We could see Bolo filling in at the end of games again.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: April 4, 2007, 11:53:39 pm »
did he have an operation, mate...or just allowed to heal in a leg cast with no surgery?

He allowed it to heal in cast, had no surgery. 
PSN:lr3487

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 4, 2007, 11:54:54 pm »
gutted for him

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: April 5, 2007, 03:12:40 pm »
Was on 5 live just that he's had his surgery, and Rafa expects him back for pre-season...which is great news, even for people who thought he was shite until this recent purple patch...
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 5, 2007, 05:06:56 pm »
Was on 5 live just that he's had his surgery, and Rafa expects him back for pre-season...which is great news, even for people who thought he was shite until this recent purple patch...

:)

Made up for him - it could have been a lot worse

Offline simbel

• Kemlynite
« Reply #232 on: April 5, 2007, 05:07:23 pm »
God belss you !! YNWA

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #233 on: April 5, 2007, 05:12:51 pm »
Great news

Convinced hes the answer to our left back slot so lets hope he comes backs strong

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: April 5, 2007, 05:53:22 pm »

from .tv
AURELIO OPERATION DECLARED SUCCESS
Jimmy Rice 05 April 2007
    Rafa Benitez expects Fabio Aurelio to return for pre-season following a successful operation on his Achilles tendon.
The full-back was stretchered off against PSV on Tuesday night, with initial fears he could miss the start of next season.

But Benitez today confirmed: "He will be fit for the pre-season. Yesterday he had an operation and it was really good. It was over quickly – the doctor carried out a new kind of operation."

The injury came hot on the heels of some of Aurelio's finest moments in a Liverpool shirt, most notably two assists against Arsenal last weekend.

Benitez added: "He was playing really well, so it was a pity to see him get injured again

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155507070405-1430.htm

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #235 on: April 5, 2007, 05:59:39 pm »
Its this left hand side jinx again....we need to get a voodoo guy from africa to take the bad luck on the left hand side of midfield
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline barbudo

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #236 on: April 5, 2007, 06:11:19 pm »

from .tv
AURELIO OPERATION DECLARED SUCCESS
"... the doctor carried out a new kind of operation."
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155507070405-1430.htm

Injected DNA from Riise's tendons? 

Get well soon, Fabio - we need you at LB.
Bethink ye, bethink ye ... that ye might be mistaken! (Oliver Cromwell)

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: April 5, 2007, 06:25:19 pm »
Injected DNA from Riise's tendons? 

Get well soon, Fabio - we need you at LB.

Hmmm...this following Crouch's newfound proficiency at heading the ball following his nose repair. Just what types of experimental performance-enhancing surgeries are they performing?

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 5, 2007, 06:30:50 pm »
The injury came hot on the heels...

Bad taste? :-X ;D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2007, 10:19:19 am »
Physioroom.com reports that Fabio Aurelio is due back 19/08.  Clearly we don't expect to see him back in the team in the next four weeks as he's missed pre-season and will need time to build up both his general and match fitness.  It would be nice if .tv could keep in contact with some of the players more often - particularly those injured to keep us updated, maybe a loan watch section would be good too.

Anyway, enough about .tv, what about Fabio Aurelio?  He was just hitting his best form after new year, and the injury came at a cruel time.  Rafa is obviously interested in taking Heinze on board, what will this mean for Fabio?  He was performing well enough to take over as first choice left back last season, can he do that - is the question more 'what does this mean for Riise'?

Important to remember than whilst Fabio has not had the best of luck with injuries, this last setback was not the result of being a typically injury-prone footballer, but was a serious, insolated injury.  If he can come back and put in a solid season for us when he plays, he could well have a bright future with the club...?

Finest moment of the season for him...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyiVHUC091M