Author Topic: Liverpool v. Chelsea - 2 May 2010 - KO 13:30  (Read 39452 times)

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v. Chelsea - 2 May 2010 - KO 13:30
« Reply #160 on: May 1, 2010, 06:12:22 pm »
If Rafa is walking around the pitch after the game with tears in his eyes then I am going to fucking cry as well.

As big as this match is for the title race, our future might well hang in the balance here as well. If you are going to support the manager then tomorrow is probably the last chance to sing your fucking hearts out in support of him. I seriously don't give a fuck about the result of this match now as in the grand scheme of things it alters little to our league position. CL football has gone and the biggest concern for us now should be the future of the manager.
For me this is what it is all about, singing Rafa's name non stop no matter what happens and showing how much we want him to stay with banners, flags scarves.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #161 on: May 1, 2010, 06:13:01 pm »
But I suppose that fact won't stop people wanting Liverpool to lose at home to one of our bitterest rivals just to deny the mancs the title.

Bitterest of rivals?

Really?

News to me, that
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #162 on: May 1, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »
 A polite request to those going tomorrow.....if your going to sit and sulk throughout the game and barely murmour the words to are core songs........DON'T F...KING GO!! GIVE YOUR TICKET TO SOMEONE WHO IS A TRUE RED!!!
let me see LFC win one more title before my time is up!

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #163 on: May 1, 2010, 06:15:39 pm »
Knew this would happen as the Chelsea game approached, like a load of spoilt brats some people.

It's our record and nobody can take it off us, so I hope we lose a game at Anfield to fuckin Chelsea of all teams to protect our precious record.

Best fans in the world my arse, fuckin laughing stock more like it. Imagine Liverpool fans 'live' on sky trying to hide their delight if Chelsea  score.

The funny thing the same fans probably label Evertonians as bitter, fuckin hell is doesn't come more bitter than effectively saying you want us to 'throw' a game to thwart the mancs.

And don't forget 4th place is still a remote possibility, not that it matters to some people anyway like.

How is it bitter? And how is it spoilt? Spoilt wanting to maintain a record we built? That is spoilt??

And I don't think anyone is saying "throw the game" at all, people are saying that they wouldn't be too fussed if we lost. Hardly saying that they will be dancing around in glee if we lose. I want us to win myself, as always, but if we lost, I wouldn't be upset.

Anyone saying they want us to lose though, I agree they should have a think.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2010, 06:19:23 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #164 on: May 1, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »
reading these comments from supposed reds fans depresses me.

I've stood on the kop through many dark periods and along with the majority of the fans there we have shown anyone watching why we are koppites...why we are LFC...and why Anfield is so special.

Ok, we may lose tomorrow....and the mancs may win number 19.....but for chrisake...lets make the atmosphere tomorrow somethign we can all be proud of regardless of the result...lets have the journo's reporting on how uniqe LFc fans are.....how no other set of fans would show that level of support ...how they could feel Anfield bouncing and how the hair stood up on their necks......LETS F...KING DO THAT......INSTEAD OF WHINGING AND MOANING AND SITTING THERE ALL UPSET AND SAD

LETS MAKE THIS AN HISTORIC MOMENT LET EVERYONE BE IN AWE OF THE RED ARMY......

DO IT FOR LFC.................PLEASE!

I respect the sentiments of your post mate, but I've got news for you. we're not different. Not anymore. Our support has become infiltrated with poison. Most of that poison is attributed to Sky and modern football.

You're only kidding yourself with nostalgia if you think otherwise.

Hate to be a doom merchant but reality bites.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #165 on: May 1, 2010, 06:16:32 pm »
Outside Melwood today, there was a Chelsea fan with a banner saying

"GARY NEVILLE 19 OR MY CHELSEA"

The guys english wasnt the best, but he ran out in front of every player and even got down on his knee's in front of Rafa's car. Bizarre stuff.

I'm surprised Drogba travelled up on his own.

And to everyone trying to be monsieur le superfan, don't.
Those who want us to lose, and those that say it's a disgrace to think that way, you have your
opinions and in their own small way they are both valid.

But we will struggle to win,if you add up all that has happened recently,with us having that battle on thurs,
and them having a pint and a joint to relax all week.
Also,if chelsea play the way they have been, they are a better side than us right now.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #166 on: May 1, 2010, 06:17:19 pm »
Since when were Chelsea one of our bitterest rivals?

Any team that knocks us out the C/L, or has racked up more titles in recent years is a 'bitter rival' in my eyes.

Their fans are also full of scouse hating shite.

They also have the biggest cheating shithouse I've ever seen on a footy pitch.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 1, 2010, 06:17:54 pm »
#
fuck the Mancs ,we are shite just now for them to get 19 would be too much to handle,there is more folk wanting us to get beat tomorrow than there is for us to win

Turn up to Anfield tomorow and i will think you will find you are wrong. Your a hypocrite! You call Liverpool shite but want us to throw the game just so that you can continue saying we are the best team in England just because we have the same amount of titles as United.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 1, 2010, 06:18:18 pm »
The younger generation of fans, like me, who have grown up seeing ferguson dominate us have very different views to the fans of the sixties who witnessed our greatest period.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #169 on: May 1, 2010, 06:18:22 pm »
Any team that knocks us out the C/L, or has racked up more titles in recent years is a 'bitter rival' in my eyes.

Their fans are also full of scouse hating shite.

They also have the biggest cheating shithouse I've ever seen on a footy pitch.

Agree with all that stuff, except I don't see them as a bitter rival. They have only even become relevant in the last 5 years.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 1, 2010, 06:20:27 pm »
We have already helped United win one of their 18 titles. Last weekend of the 1910-11 season saw Villa with a 1 point lead over United. We played Villa at home, United away at Sunderland. We beat Villa 3-1, and United won 2-1 at Sunderland, to win their 2nd title.
So if we do beat Chelsea it's not the first time we have helped United.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: May 1, 2010, 06:21:52 pm »
Knew this would happen as the Chelsea game approached, like a load of spoilt brats some people.

It's our record and nobody can take it off us, so I hope we lose a game at Anfield to fuckin Chelsea of all teams to protect our precious record.

Best fans in the world my arse, fuckin laughing stock more like it. Imagine Liverpool fans 'live' on sky trying to hide their delight if Chelsea  score.

The funny thing the same fans probably label Evertonians as bitter, fuckin hell is doesn't come more bitter than effectively saying you want us to 'throw' a game to thwart the mancs.

And don't forget 4th place is still a remote possibility, not that it matters to some people anyway like.

4th place is gone.

I don't want UTD to take our record.  They may well do, if not tomorrow then eventually unless by some miracle we get our act together next yr.  I grew up during the 'glory years' and despite watching them lord it through the last 20yrs we've always laid claim to be the most successful team in England.

Had some great days out myself watching us win titles.  Chelsea away in 86 was my personal fav of all the title wins as it secured the double and Kenny scored the winner.  Watched those great teams build up a seemingly unassailable lead in terms of titles won.  All before sky and dosh ruled.

So if our long standing record goes then for some of us old enough to have been lucky enough to follow the reds through the glory years then a little bit of us goes with it.

Of course I'll jump up and celebrate at the ground tomorrow if we score but for the first time since Blackburn I'll not get that sinking feeling which usually accompanies an opposition goal.

Most may not agree, but it's the way some of us will feel.

Offline evered avenue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: May 1, 2010, 06:23:00 pm »
If Rafa doesn't start with Pacheco, Ayala and El Zhar tomorrow, I'm going to be really pissed off.  Should really start with Degen too, for game time or put him in the shop window, whatever the case is. 

If two dead fixtures at the end of the season isn't the best opportunity to blood the youngsters in a proper competitive environment, then I don't know when is.

Irrespective of the importance of the match to Chelsea and Utd, what's best for us right now is that we give starts to our kids so they can get a bit more experience.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #173 on: May 1, 2010, 06:23:32 pm »
 4 IN A ROW- NEVER TO BE DONE AGAIN-POSSIBLY
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #174 on: May 1, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »
Agree with all that stuff, except I don't see them as a bitter rival. They have only even become relevant in the last 5 years.

Yeah o.k.......but I remember 'chopper Harris' knocking shit out of our players in the 60's  ;D
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 1, 2010, 06:26:16 pm »

Anyone saying they want us to lose though, I agree they should have a think.

Why. How does winning even benifit us?

United win the title, they not only take our spot for most titles, but they will win 4 in a row, something thats never been done before.

I want us to lose this one game for our own benefit.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #176 on: May 1, 2010, 06:26:27 pm »
Chelsea are not big rivals imo, and we have nothing to gain from a win anymore...so we should think about what we can do to benefit our own situation.

I hope we start the kids tomorrow, it will be vital experience for them, and the likes of Pacheco / Dalle Valle will have a chance to shine.

In addition, we should be starting every player we intend to sell so that their value can receive a little boost.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Good luck to the team I am supporting tomorrow, good luck!

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #177 on: May 1, 2010, 06:27:10 pm »
What if.....we had rolled over against St Etienne.........
we had given up in Istanbul.....
we had given up against olympiakas

WHAT IF WE SOMEHOW WENT INTO THE FINAL DAY

AND WHAT IF WE GOT 4TH PLACE

HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE?

Make anfield bounce tomorrow and believe in the impossible......

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #178 on: May 1, 2010, 06:27:41 pm »
It is sad but funny that we are still arguing about how we should be beating Chelsea and hand the title to United, as if we actually have the stamina / players to do it.

We probably would try our best to play a good game, and our fans should sing for praise / appreciation to the players / manager given the difficult situation we are in all season, since it is probably the last home game of some of them.

We should not worry about the result, which no longer has any bearings anyway.  Let those f**king c*nts to worry about the results.

We won it 6 times

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 1, 2010, 06:32:26 pm »
What if.....we had rolled over against St Etienne.........
we had given up in Istanbul.....
we had given up against olympiakas

WHAT IF WE SOMEHOW WENT INTO THE FINAL DAY

AND WHAT IF WE GOT 4TH PLACE

HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE?

Make anfield bounce tomorrow and believe in the impossible......

You need a lie down and a few minutes to yourself. Tomorrow isn't a st etienne, an istanbul or an olympiacos. Tomorrow isn't a day we'll want to remember unless sunderland go against bruce's orders so stop the hype
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #180 on: May 1, 2010, 06:36:06 pm »
All I'm asking for is for tomorrow not to be a wake....its been a shite season thats a fact...we may lose our manager and we may then lose our best players...and we might not have a pot to piss in.....Utd may win number 19.....but we are the red army....we have always been special...its what we take pride in.....its easy to sing and shout when we are winning all before us. We are proud of our song...YNWA....we have always shown that we don't just sing the words we actually believe in them.....it demonstrates our spirit

Let tomorrow show why fans of LFc are the best

Lets give Rafa a great send off if it really is the end

Lets give him our heartfelt thanks for the glory he has brought us.

Let us be as one tomorrow against all the odds and show the world why we are LFC.

Thats all I'm asking!

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 1, 2010, 06:39:44 pm »
All I'm asking for is for tomorrow not to be a wake....its been a shite season thats a fact...we may lose our manager and we may then lose our best players...and we might not have a pot to piss in.....Utd may win number 19.....but we are the red army....we have always been special...its what we take pride in.....its easy to sing and shout when we are winning all before us. We are proud of our song...YNWA....we have always shown that we don't just sing the words we actually believe in them.....it demonstrates our spirit

Let us be as one tomorrow against all the odds and show the world why we are LFC.

Thats all I'm asking!

I fucking love everything you say, it's clear your passion for this club. Your a true redman and we could do with a lot more fans like you. please post a lot more :)
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 1, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »
Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelsea

Sunderland 1 - 1 Man United

Wayne Rooney = Andy Cole
Craig Gordon = Ludek Miklosko

Problem solved.  ;)
King Kenny.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #183 on: May 1, 2010, 06:55:57 pm »
A polite request to those going tomorrow.....if your going to sit and sulk throughout the game and barely murmour the words to are core songs........DON'T F...KING GO!! GIVE YOUR TICKET TO SOMEONE WHO IS A TRUE RED!!!

FUD :-)
JFT96

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #184 on: May 1, 2010, 06:58:46 pm »
I like the idea of giving a few of the younger players on the fringes of the first team a start in the next two games. It gives them a bit more experience prior to our preparations for next season, and it gives us a good further opportunity to see the level they are at currently. The likes of Pacheco, El Zhar and Ayala should be fresh for the games as well.

I think it is in our best interests to use these games in the way that benefits us the most, and i couldn't care less that Utd are relying on us putting out a full strength team to give them their best chance of winning the title and will kick up a fuss about it if results don't go their way. If anything that's just further reason not too.

Offline Mr Sitter

• ...and Rosenthal must score...
  • Kopite
« Reply #185 on: May 1, 2010, 07:00:43 pm »

Thats all I'm asking!

you going lad?
I think that's probably the most moronic argument that I've ever seen on this site and believe me, there's a fucking lot of competition for that particular title.

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #186 on: May 1, 2010, 07:01:25 pm »
I'm nothing special, I'm just a sad old koppite who followed the reds through the 60's through the wind and rain up until the presetn day. Hitchhiked all over the country in the pissing rain with a couple of quid in my back pocket. Been chased by opposing fans and had seven bells kicked out of me all for the sake of loving my LFC. I've seen good times seen the bad and like the old school  for soem crazy reason still come back for more.

Why is that?

Because with everything else thats gone on in my life LFC has been my support, through the tragedies, through good times.....I've always been able to turn to them, to be one of the big red family. Been there to wallow in the pure bliss of winning, sometimes against great odds...better than sex that is....kissed and hugged complete strangers and sang...sang so loud the glorious songs of our history...that my throat has been sore for days.....I just love LFC..always will...even if god forbid we totally collapsed...I'd be there in whatever league we would end up in....singing YNWA as loud and with passion as much as the first time.

Whatever the trouble were in there is no excuse not to be there for the redmen when they need us most.....

Proud to be a scouser...victorious are we

BELIEVE

Offline Gus the teenage cow

• "Yeah but not but yeah but no but yeah, roight?"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: May 1, 2010, 07:08:13 pm »
I have a bad bad feeling that out of all the games we have played this season, the players will choose to actually produce when we least want them to tomorrow....00001% chance of 4th, guaranteed to finish above everton = let's play a few fringe players and kids.....my gut tells me we'll battle away and get a draw and help the mancs to finally knock us off our effin perch, watching the ginger hatchet man and whiskey nose and Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville all banging on about taking the record is how our season is destined to end because you know what, everything from beach balls to volcanoes erupting has gone wrong for us this season so why stop now oh ye gods of footballing destiny, another knife in the heart please
« Last Edit: May 1, 2010, 07:09:48 pm by Gus the teenage cow »

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 1, 2010, 07:15:05 pm »
Why. How does winning even benifit us?

United win the title, they not only take our spot for most titles, but they will win 4 in a row, something thats never been done before.

I want us to lose this one game for our own benefit.
Its a difficult one. Its a nothing game for us tomorrow... 4th place is all but gone. Of course we all want us to win... But...

If one of our scousers Gerrard or Carragher scores an own goal in the final minute to win it for Chelsea, I for one wont mind.

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 1, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »
Something like this would do:

Reina
Johnson
Carra
Kyrgiakos
Agger
Masch
Lucas
Aquilani
Pacheco
Maxi
Yossi

No strikers....it's the way forward.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #191 on: May 1, 2010, 07:20:02 pm »
let fate play its part....

smash chelsea...
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 1, 2010, 07:21:42 pm »
Reina

Johnson  Carra  Kyrgiakos  Agger

Yossi  Lucas   Masch   Maxi

Kuyt   Babel

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #193 on: May 1, 2010, 07:23:47 pm »
The younger generation of fans, like me, who have grown up seeing ferguson dominate us have very different views to the fans of the sixties who witnessed our greatest period.

What's your point exactly?  That you find it harder to stomach?  Let me tell you, those if us who remember the dominant years are finding the 180 degree turn harder than those who've known nothing else but United dominance!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #194 on: May 1, 2010, 07:27:45 pm »
Its a difficult one. Its a nothing game for us tomorrow... 4th place is all but gone. Of course we all want us to win... But...

If one of our scousers Gerrard or Carragher scores an own goal in the final minute to win it for Chelsea, I for one wont mind.

'kin 'ell.  What an embarrasment you are.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 1, 2010, 07:30:31 pm »
Rafa will go out all guns blazing tomorrow. Like it or not, we'll win this one.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #196 on: May 1, 2010, 07:32:26 pm »
Baring in mind our game on Thursday, i'd go with something like:

Reina

Degen    Carragher    Kyrgiakos     Agger

Maxi      Lucas     Aquilani     Babel

Pacheco

N'Gog

Obviously it won't be that like :(
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #197 on: May 1, 2010, 07:37:25 pm »
If Rafa doesn't start with Pacheco, Ayala and El Zhar tomorrow, I'm going to be really pissed off.  Should really start with Degen too, for game time or put him in the shop window, whatever the case is. 
If two dead fixtures at the end of the season isn't the best opportunity to blood the youngsters in a proper competitive environment, then I don't know when is.

Irrespective of the importance of the match to Chelsea and Utd, what's best for us right now is that we give starts to our kids so they can get a bit more experience.

If we put him in the shop window we will never sell him

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 1, 2010, 07:39:17 pm »

'kin 'ell.  What an embarrasment you are.
Your entitled to your opinion. However tomorrow I am really mixed. Extremely worried about the braggin rights those c*nts are going to have if we hand them the title. Like I said, of course I want us to fuckin win. Win Every game...but if we lose I wont be botherred at all.
I think Chelsea will win tomorow fair and square. They are a lot better than we are, AND they have a League title to play for. I cant imagine many of our players putting their 100% shift in...with that thought at the back of their mind... I just dont.
I fuckin hate Man U...Always have done. If we help Chelsea out, I will end the Season with a nice smirk on my face.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #199 on: May 1, 2010, 07:46:31 pm »
Whatever happens tomorrow, or this season, is irrelevant so far as the Mancs are concerned.

I hate Man U as much as anyone else but we will not be in a position to challenge them any time soon and they are still going to be competing at the top of the league for the forseeable future. It is inevitable that in the next few years they will overhaul our league winning tally. Don't worry about them - worry about us.