Author Topic: Liverpool v. Chelsea - 2 May 2010 - KO 13:30  (Read 39453 times)

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Re: Liverpool v. Chelsea - 2 May 2010 - KO 13:30
« Reply #120 on: May 1, 2010, 05:29:40 pm »
please Rafa :wave

you'd pick 10 of the players who played 120 mins on thursday night and leave out Maxi?

Maxi is first name on the teamsheet tomorrow (well maybe second after pepe).

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: May 1, 2010, 05:31:57 pm »
I'd play a strong team, but I'd give Pacheco a start. And considering his previous injuries and the long summer he has ahead of him, I'd consider resting Gerrard.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #122 on: May 1, 2010, 05:33:17 pm »
I'd play a strong team, but I'd give Pacheco a start. And considering his previous injuries and the long summer he has ahead of him, I'd consider resting Gerrard.

Maybe give El Zhar a full start see what he can do on the right with Johnson behind.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #123 on: May 1, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »
Play our strongest 11 ....

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: May 1, 2010, 05:36:29 pm »
4th spot isn't mathematically over, but honestly can't see us beating Chelsea tomorrow, not when they have so much to play for (the title) and they've been on great form all season.
the most points we can get is 68
spurs need 2 draws to get to 69 points
if man city beat spurs they have 69 points before the away game to west ham
spurs at home to burnley

our goal difference improved after the win against burnley when it looked like 68 points was enough to stop us getting 4th

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 1, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »
are you having a laugh?

no

past glory is all well and good but i would like to see us on top in the present. Couldn't care less who has won the league the most times, the fact remains that we haven't won it in 19 years.. Let me say that again 19 !  19 fuckin years. I think this is a lot more important than the fact the the mancs will have won it more times than us. Lets face it they have been the better team for a long time now. 
this is what matters

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 1, 2010, 05:38:55 pm »
Play our strongest 11 ....
And beat Chelsea, hopefully
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: May 1, 2010, 05:39:46 pm »
I know I'm a crazy optimist but 4th place ain't exactly over yet.....

City v Spurs draw Weds they then have 67 and 68 pts respectively

somehow the redman drag the tired bodies and mind over the line and beat Chelsea tomorrow and we are on 65pts.

Goes to last game of the season Spurs away to Burnley and City away to W/Ham. Spurs lose and City draw and we beat hull we are all 68 pts and we may, just may sneak it on goal diff......

So it isn't over yet........but can the redmen beat Chelsea to keep this god awful season alive for a few more days?
Spurs at home to Burnley so it is over

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #128 on: May 1, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »
want us to win allday hate Chelsea as much as scum still mathematically for us to get fourth need cithy and spurs to draw on wednesday, then in to last game we may snatch it . will we wear new kit tomorrow ? or next sunday.

I know it's hardly impossible is it, unlikely yes, impossible no.

To all you fellas that have thrown the towel in tomorrow, stop hiding behind the 'it's a nothing game' excuse.....it's actually a 'must win ' game.

But I suppose that fact won't stop people wanting Liverpool to lose at home to one of our bitterest rivals just to deny the mancs the title.

YNWA eh reds......except tomorrow apparently in some cases.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #129 on: May 1, 2010, 05:42:17 pm »
Lets show the watching public what being a red means. Turn out in force tomorrow ready to sing your lungs to shreds and  spit blood for the beloved redmen.
Get the biggest flags out,
make it louder & noiser than any euro night,

let tomorrowe be special for so many reasons...
Because we are LFC and WE ARE the best fans in the world.
And we won't let the redman walk alone...ever
We don't give a f...k about anyone who will be watching on Sky enjoyoing our downfall
Don't go and moan. be there and be proud of your club.
Show the watching massess that we will always sing even when were losing.
Show Rafa, Torres, Stevie and anyone else who is thinking of going that being at LFC in front of the most knowledgable and loyal fans is somethign they should not walk away from.
Give those tired redmen the best level of support you can.

Let everyone know we are in a storm and there will once again be a golden sky...

Do it for yourselves and for every LFC fan that can't be there tomorrow.........and give the redmen 90 mins of pure and utter manic loyalty even if we get beat by these chelsea rent boys make it a glorious day when we gave the world a two finger salute!!

COME ON YOU REDMEN
let me see LFC win one more title before my time is up!

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 1, 2010, 05:47:04 pm »
Lets show the watching public what being a red means. Turn out in force tomorrow ready to sing your lungs to shreds and  spit blood for the beloved redmen.

We don't give a f...k about anyone who will be watching on Sky enjoyoing our downfall
Show Rafa, Torres, Stevie and anyone else who is thinking of going that being at LFC in front of the most knowledgable and loyal fans is somethign they should not walk away from.

Let everyone know we are in a storm and there will once again be a golden sky...

Do it for yourselves and for every LFC fan that can't be there tomorrow.........and give the redmen 90 mins of pure and utter manic loyalty even if we get beat by these chelsea rent boys make it a glorious day when we gave the world a two finger salute!!

COME ON YOU REDMEN

get in there

Offline JordLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: May 1, 2010, 05:47:51 pm »
Outside Melwood today, there was a Chelsea fan with a banner saying

"GARY NEVILLE 19 OR MY CHELSEA"

The guys english wasnt the best, but he ran out in front of every player and even got down on his knee's in front of Rafa's car. Bizarre stuff.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #132 on: May 1, 2010, 05:49:25 pm »
Everton can't finish above us now - so that's a little brucie bonus right there :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #133 on: May 1, 2010, 05:50:00 pm »
START THE GAME OFF TOMORROW WITH INTENT......SING YNWA LOUDER AND WITH MORE PASSION THAT YOU HAVE EVER DONE......MAKE THE PLACE ROCK LIKE WE DID WHEN WE BEAT CHELSEA IN THE EURO SEMI FINAL......MAN UP EVERYONE FOR F....KSAKE

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #134 on: May 1, 2010, 05:51:01 pm »
cmon Chelsea,first time ever i want us ti get beat ,fuck the scummers
JFT96

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #135 on: May 1, 2010, 05:52:33 pm »
DUNDEERED......YOUR A DISGRACE AND ITS CLEAR YOU DON'T HAVE THE HEART OF A REDMAN WITH COMMENTS LIKE THAT

Offline Mr Sitter

• ...and Rosenthal must score...
  • Kopite
« Reply #136 on: May 1, 2010, 05:54:05 pm »
Everton can't finish above us now - so that's a little brucie bonus right there :)

bet you never hought you d be saying that last year!!
I think that's probably the most moronic argument that I've ever seen on this site and believe me, there's a fucking lot of competition for that particular title.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #137 on: May 1, 2010, 05:54:06 pm »

COME ON YOU REDMEN

Great stuff mate......show the world  that we roll over for nobody, can't even believe some people want to to lose a game at Anfield.

Just can't get my head round that attitude at all, I mean if Drogba dives to get a last minute penalty, will some of our fans actually be pleased, then even more pleased if Lampard sticks it in.

How will our fans in the ground who feel that way react to such a scenario, probably wait to get home and type it up on here I suppose, or will they openly celebrate a home defeat, shameful in my eyes either way.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 1, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »
DUNDEERED......YOUR A DISGRACE AND ITS CLEAR YOU DON'T HAVE THE HEART OF A REDMAN WITH COMMENTS LIKE THAT

Too right, why do we have fans like this?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #139 on: May 1, 2010, 05:55:09 pm »
I actually can't be arsed about the results.

A well-rested Chelsea team is probably too strong for us anyway.
We won it 6 times

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 1, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »
Christ tomorrow is going to be horrible. A really strange atmosphere, half heartedly wanting us to win and all eyes on Rafa at the final whistle.

Offline evered avenue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #141 on: May 1, 2010, 05:55:23 pm »
I've been thinking about the line up for this one and in all honesty, I think we would be well within our rights and would make sense for us as a club to use this match and the away day at Hull to blood a few youngsters.

My reasoning is that 4th is gone, there's no way that City and Spurs will draw on Wednesday and then both of them losing away at  West Ham abd Burnley respectively.  Who can really see all those three results going for us.

Also, Europa cup has been confirmed with Everton only managing a draw today.

In my experience of watching us for the last 25 years, whenever we'e had 'dead' fixtures at the end of the season, we've always used them to try out a few youngsters and fringe players, it's what you do.

IMO the next two fixtures are dead fixtures and we should should what's right for us which is to give some playing time to Pacheco, El Zhar and Ayala and maybe Kelly if he's fit too.

Nothing to do with rolling over for Chelsea so Utd don't win the title, it just makes sense for us as a club.

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #142 on: May 1, 2010, 05:55:58 pm »
To all those who want to roll over tomorrow....who can't be bothered to give it all for the reds tomorrow what ever the result...take a look at the man in my avatar......the man who started it all.....what would he want from the red army? he wouldn't want all thse negative whinging comments....Shanks would want each and everyone one of you to get behind the team....to lift them and drive them on.......

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 1, 2010, 05:57:00 pm »
Footballs a strange thing. There's a very fine line between my love for this club and the hatred for the people that oppose it and tomorrow I honestly believe that this line must be crossed. Any liverpool fan who exclaims the words "records are there to be broken" regarding the outcomes of the games tomorrow doesn't understand an ounce of the history of this club.  If we win tomorrow and sunderland lose, a part of every fan of this club dies and no matter how many times a person says "we're liverpool and we play for liverpool" they can't deny that the disappontment of seeing neville with the league trophy in his hands would out weigh any joy that a seemingly meaningless win in the course of our history against chelsea would give us.

Records are there to be made and kept just next to the words Liverpool Football Club.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #144 on: May 1, 2010, 05:57:34 pm »
We have to put out a strong looking team, but as there's no hope of 4th I would prefer Rafa to include a few youngsters
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 1, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »

capital letters tae :-),mate um as red as they come,you need to look about you im not the only one ,people might call me bitter,maybe i am but i dont want they c*nts to say they are now the best team in england
JFT96

Offline Mr Sitter

• ...and Rosenthal must score...
  • Kopite
« Reply #146 on: May 1, 2010, 05:58:59 pm »
We have to put out a strong looking team, but as there's no hope of 4th I would prefer Rafa to include a few youngsters

like that lad from glee
I think that's probably the most moronic argument that I've ever seen on this site and believe me, there's a fucking lot of competition for that particular title.

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #147 on: May 1, 2010, 06:00:53 pm »
reading these comments from supposed reds fans depresses me.

I've stood on the kop through many dark periods and along with the majority of the fans there we have shown anyone watching why we are koppites...why we are LFC...and why Anfield is so special.

Ok, we may lose tomorrow....and the mancs may win number 19.....but for chrisake...lets make the atmosphere tomorrow somethign we can all be proud of regardless of the result...lets have the journo's reporting on how uniqe LFc fans are.....how no other set of fans would show that level of support ...how they could feel Anfield bouncing and how the hair stood up on their necks......LETS F...KING DO THAT......INSTEAD OF WHINGING AND MOANING AND SITTING THERE ALL UPSET AND SAD

LETS MAKE THIS AN HISTORIC MOMENT LET EVERYONE BE IN AWE OF THE RED ARMY......

DO IT FOR LFC.................PLEASE!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #148 on: May 1, 2010, 06:01:42 pm »
capital letters tae :-),mate um as red as they come,you need to look about you im not the only one ,people might call me bitter,maybe i am but i dont want they c*nts to say they are now the best team in england

We're not the best team in england right now but we are the most successful, still no excuse to go against everything we stand for
and roll over for another team.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 1, 2010, 06:03:15 pm »

Why? Does that mean you think they currently aren't the best team in England anyway? Does that mean you think they havent been one of the best teams not only in England but in the World for the past Eighteen years?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #150 on: May 1, 2010, 06:03:29 pm »
Outside Melwood today, there was a Chelsea fan with a banner saying

"GARY NEVILLE 19 OR MY CHELSEA"

The guys english wasnt the best, but he ran out in front of every player and even got down on his knee's in front of Rafa's car. Bizarre stuff.

probably an illegal  ;)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 1, 2010, 06:06:23 pm »
Is it too early to start drinking for tomorrow? I'm assuming a massive hangover will dull the whole experience!

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #152 on: May 1, 2010, 06:07:14 pm »
But I suppose that fact won't stop people wanting Liverpool to lose at home to one of our bitterest rivals just to deny the mancs the title.

Since when were Chelsea one of our bitterest rivals?
We're on our way to glory...

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #153 on: May 1, 2010, 06:08:43 pm »
This story shall the good redman teach his son;
    And no liverpool fan shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of redmen;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me tomorrow
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not at Anfield on that glorious day,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us at Anfield against the rent boys and Rafa's final day.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 1, 2010, 06:09:34 pm »
If Rafa is walking around the pitch after the game with tears in his eyes then I am going to fucking cry as well.

As big as this match is for the title race, our future might well hang in the balance here as well. If you are going to support the manager then tomorrow is probably the last chance to sing your fucking hearts out in support of him. I seriously don't give a fuck about the result of this match now as in the grand scheme of things it alters little to our league position. CL football has gone and the biggest concern for us now should be the future of the manager.

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #155 on: May 1, 2010, 06:10:49 pm »
thats more like it....more wine for my men....for tomorrow we fight and die!!

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 1, 2010, 06:11:13 pm »
Why? Does that mean you think they currently aren't the best team in England anyway? Does that mean you think they havent been one of the best teams not only in England but in the World for the past Eighteen years?
#
fuck manure ,we are shite just now for them to get 19 would be too much to handle,there is more folk wanting us to get beat tomorrow than there is for us to win
JFT96

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 1, 2010, 06:11:24 pm »
reading these comments from supposed reds fans depresses me.

I've stood on the kop through many dark periods and along with the majority of the fans there we have shown anyone watching why we are koppites...why we are LFC...and why Anfield is so special.

Ok, we may lose tomorrow....and the mancs may win number 19.....but for chrisake...lets make the atmosphere tomorrow somethign we can all be proud of regardless of the result...lets have the journo's reporting on how uniqe LFc fans are.....how no other set of fans would show that level of support ...how they could feel Anfield bouncing and how the hair stood up on their necks......LETS F...KING DO THAT......INSTEAD OF WHINGING AND MOANING AND SITTING THERE ALL UPSET AND SAD

LETS MAKE THIS AN HISTORIC MOMENT LET EVERYONE BE IN AWE OF THE RED ARMY......

DO IT FOR LFC.................PLEASE!
I respect you're saying but to be frank we have nothing to play for. You're basically saying lets make this our worst ever season by putting in our best performance of the season tomorrow to hand man u the league. Everyone just needs a calm down. For the next 2 games we have nothing to play for for once so lets see what a few young lads can do and see what happens in the title race. Maybe tomorrows a good opportunity for reina to get another run out on the right wing
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #158 on: May 1, 2010, 06:11:58 pm »
Knew this would happen as the Chelsea game approached, like a load of spoilt brats some people.

It's our record and nobody can take it off us, so I hope we lose a game at Anfield to fuckin Chelsea of all teams to protect our precious record.

Best fans in the world my arse, fuckin laughing stock more like it. Imagine Liverpool fans 'live' on sky trying to hide their delight if Chelsea  score.

The funny thing the same fans probably label Evertonians as bitter, fuckin hell is doesn't come more bitter than effectively saying you want us to 'throw' a game to thwart the mancs.

And don't forget 4th place is still a remote possibility, not that it matters to some people anyway like.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 1, 2010, 06:11:58 pm »
Has a nose on red cafe and seems strange reading UTD posts depressed by the fact results didn't go our way today.  Of course proper order is invariably restored with these type of posts interspersed with the usual bile aimed at us.