Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1903019 times)

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #30680 on: March 19, 2023, 12:24:55 am »
Colvington is a right twat aint he?!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30681 on: March 19, 2023, 12:26:15 am »
MMA is a cruel game. Tyron Woodley got old overnight and had a steep decline, the same could happen to Usman.

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30682 on: March 19, 2023, 12:29:38 am »
That was elite level takedown defence from Leon and he just picked apart Kamaru in the middle of the ring for most of the fight. Obviously if Masvidal finds a way to get past Burns that would be the fight to make otherwise it seems he’s on a collision course with Covington unfortunately.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 02:33:25 am by Rosario »

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #30683 on: March 19, 2023, 12:32:05 am »
I was just looking at the rankings Is khamzat still welterweight or had he moved up now?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30684 on: March 19, 2023, 12:36:58 am »
Colvington is a right twat aint he?!

Hate the prick.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30685 on: March 19, 2023, 12:38:30 am »
I was just looking at the rankings Is khamzat still welterweight or had he moved up now?
There’s talk of moving him up to middleweight given his struggles to make weight. Think cue ball head said he would move up and be in a position to fight either of the top 3
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30686 on: March 19, 2023, 02:32:59 am »
Dana said at the presser that Colby deserves the next title shot  ???

So he holds up the division by only fighting 4 times in 3 and a half years to protect his ranking and has no top 10 wins, yep just screams title shot.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30687 on: March 19, 2023, 04:01:22 am »
Covington is a complete shithouse

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30688 on: March 19, 2023, 08:27:01 am »
Covington is a complete shithouse
People keep saying he's playing a character but I'm starting to start that's how he really is. Don't think he's ever had anything good to say about anyone.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30689 on: March 19, 2023, 09:06:14 am »
People keep saying he's playing a character but I'm starting to start that's how he really is. Don't think he's ever had anything good to say about anyone.
He was talking shit about Matt Hughes in an after fight interview too, Hughes was basically paralysed and after rehabilitation and physio more or less learned to walk again, an inspirational story I'd say, not to Covington though, who just shit all over it.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #30690 on: March 19, 2023, 09:23:16 am »

He said himself he plays a character, during a more relaxed interview with Brenda Schaub few years ago.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30691 on: March 20, 2023, 08:14:55 pm »
Covington vs Usman and Belal vs Shavkat

UFC making a mockery of their fighters again.

Belal is now on an 8 win streak over 3 and a half years (one NC due to accidental eye poke). Covington has fought 5 times in those 3 years, lost 2 title fights.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30692 on: March 20, 2023, 08:48:02 pm »
Covington vs Usman and Belal vs Shavkat

UFC making a mockery of their fighters again.

Belal is now on an 8 win streak over 3 and a half years (one NC due to accidental eye poke). Covington has fought 5 times in those 3 years, lost 2 title fights.
Belal hasn't been beating top 5 fighters, Covington has some pedigree even though he is a massive bellend, if he beats Shavkat he'll put himself on the radar.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30693 on: March 20, 2023, 08:53:56 pm »
Belal hasn't been beating top 5 fighters, Covington has some pedigree even though he is a massive bellend, if he beats Shavkat he'll put himself on the radar.

Covington hasn’t beaten anyone ranked.

Belal has beaten 3 of the current top 10. Fought the current champion that was a NC due to eye poke.

The others in the top 5 are Usman who has been champ, Covington who doesn’t fight, Chimaev who can’t make weight and has come from nowhere, Burns who has been hit and miss but got his title shot… and himself! Think Belal is far more deserving of the chance.

Away from that, Mokaev posted a picture of his legs after he didn’t tap at the weekend. His knee is identical to what mine looked like when I did my injury. I have a torn ACL and MCL, he’ll likely have similar and lucky not to have meniscus damage. Going to be out a long time before he is ready to fight again. He has time on his side being just 22, but his knee won’t be the same again.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30694 on: March 24, 2023, 10:07:29 pm »

Away from that, Mokaev posted a picture of his legs after he didn’t tap at the weekend. His knee is identical to what mine looked like when I did my injury. I have a torn ACL and MCL, he’ll likely have similar and lucky not to have meniscus damage. Going to be out a long time before he is ready to fight again. He has time on his side being just 22, but his knee won’t be the same again.

Partial mcl tear, he reckons he'll be back in training in 6 weeks. I still can't believe he didn't tap to that, he's got unreal heart.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30695 on: April 9, 2023, 02:57:02 am »
Anyone watching?

First time watching Yanez tonight, he's meant to be a good boxer.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30696 on: April 9, 2023, 03:27:01 am »
Yanez is a good prospect, looking forward to seeing him

I don't think Adesanya has much chance tonight, expecting Pereira to walk him again. Last chance for Masvidal as well at the big stage

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30697 on: April 9, 2023, 05:14:18 am »
Yanez is a good prospect, looking forward to seeing him

I don't think Adesanya has much chance tonight, expecting Pereira to walk him again. Last chance for Masvidal as well at the big stage

Masvidal is getting twated atm
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30698 on: April 9, 2023, 05:22:36 am »
Masvidal is washed, could do with retiring now. Also Yanez got his ass whooped, brilliant performance from Font

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30699 on: April 9, 2023, 05:23:22 am »
Masvidal is getting twated atm
Yeah he’s done, time to retire.

On a side note and not really for this thread but Trumps popularity is scary, I fear he’ll be back in next term.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30700 on: April 9, 2023, 05:32:55 am »

On a side note and not really for this thread but Trumps popularity is scary, I fear he’ll be back in next term.

I was unpleasantly surprised seeing that orange c*nt sitting there.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30701 on: April 9, 2023, 05:51:59 am »
Wtfffff that was crazy!! Pereira out cold

Izzy looked in trouble, Pereira went all out for it and got caught and lights out

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30702 on: April 9, 2023, 05:56:52 am »
Pereira way too slow and ponderous. Izzy is one hell of a fighter though, to do that to Pereira is crazy

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #30703 on: April 9, 2023, 06:11:08 am »
So happy for Izzy man. Stayed his demon tonight. Fucking lived it

Masvidal vs burns was good. Burns was always going to win though.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30704 on: April 9, 2023, 06:22:34 am »
Khamzat active on Twitter wants a title fight, would love to see it happen. The pre fight stuff is guranteed to be as brilliant as the fight itself.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30705 on: April 9, 2023, 07:28:31 am »
Can't stand Adesanya but fair fucking play, that was some KO

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30706 on: April 9, 2023, 07:43:37 am »
Fuck yes Izzy way to slay the beast! Pereira got a bit overconfident and lazy which he can tend to do and paid the price in a big way. Only shit part is now we have to see another trilogy fight.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30707 on: April 9, 2023, 07:46:03 am »
Only shit part is now we have to see another trilogy fight.

watching the post-fight presser now, the Egg said trilogy is unlikely and Pereira will probably move to 205

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30708 on: April 9, 2023, 07:52:55 am »
watching the post-fight presser now, the Egg said trilogy is unlikely and Pereira will probably move to 205

Can only hope! I like Pereira at 205, not too many wrestlers to contend with so it should suit him a lot. Kinda feel bad for Whittaker though he’s kinda stuck in no man’s land now with no obvious fights for him considering he’s beaten everyone else but lost to the champ twice.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #30709 on: April 9, 2023, 02:00:04 pm »
Wow, what a fight. Looked like Adesanya was beginning to wilt and Pereira went chasing the finish, was about to get him out of there too i thought, but Izzy just bit down and two seconds later Pereira is asleep!

Doesn't get any better in terms of striking, elite of the elite.

Chimaev is coming though!  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30710 on: April 9, 2023, 02:12:26 pm »
Sick to death of constantly hearing about Chimaev, he does more talking than fighting. At this point, he's just hype. Burns showed him up, so he needs to actually fight at MW to prove himself before fighting Adesanya.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #30711 on: April 9, 2023, 08:33:46 pm »

MMA is a very right wing sport and they were in Florida, i wouldn't read too much into it.

Sick to death of constantly hearing about Chimaev, he does more talking than fighting. At this point, he's just hype. Burns showed him up, so he needs to actually fight at MW to prove himself before fighting Adesanya.

Agreed, but still, he's inevitable! 

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #30712 on: April 9, 2023, 11:11:22 pm »
MMA is a very right wing sport and they were in Florida, i wouldn't read too much into it.

Agreed, but still, he's inevitable!
Just watched the event, and between trump and jake paul being there, and the fact that ufc merged with wwe https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/03/wwe-ufc-merger-endeavor.html
I'm finding it hard to accept this as a legitimate sport anymore.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30713 on: April 10, 2023, 01:05:27 pm »
Just watched the event, and between trump and jake paul being there, and the fact that ufc merged with wwe https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/03/wwe-ufc-merger-endeavor.html
I'm finding it hard to accept this as a legitimate sport anymore.

Found the whole night stomach turning once I realised the unhinged racist spacehopper was sat next to the baldy horrible wife beating c*nt White....fast forwarded through the entire event, sadly pausing to hear the washed up bum Masvidal arse licking the 'greatest ever president' ....shame Burns didn't put the dickhead to sleep prior to that fuckin nonsense
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #30714 on: April 15, 2023, 12:41:30 pm »
Max Holloway Vs Arnold Allen should be a good fight

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #30715 on: April 15, 2023, 01:25:35 pm »
34th Anniversary.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30716 on: April 16, 2023, 04:48:57 pm »
Allen put in a good show in the end. Holloway just doesn’t have it in him for me, he’s fun in that he throws lots and will go with anyone, but doesn’t seem to have the ability to knock someone out with his style. Clearly nowhere near enough skill to stop a quality grappler.

His last fight to end in knockout was 6 years ago. He’s basically just a clog at the top of the division currently.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30717 on: April 17, 2023, 06:01:39 am »
Allen put in a good show in the end. Holloway just doesn’t have it in him for me, he’s fun in that he throws lots and will go with anyone, but doesn’t seem to have the ability to knock someone out with his style. Clearly nowhere near enough skill to stop a quality grappler.

His last fight to end in knockout was 6 years ago. He’s basically just a clog at the top of the division currently.
Doesn't matter how you win, Max grinds them out, only lost to Volkanovski and Poirer in almost 10 years, and he was arguably robbed in one of the fights vs Volk, he's a top class fighter, deserves to be up there.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30718 on: April 17, 2023, 10:10:01 am »
Doesn't matter how you win, Max grinds them out, only lost to Volkanovski and Poirer in almost 10 years, and he was arguably robbed in one of the fights vs Volk, he's a top class fighter, deserves to be up there.

But where does he go from here, does he just keep winning and then have another go at Volk?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30719 on: April 18, 2023, 06:43:40 am »
But where does he go from here, does he just keep winning and then have another go at Volk?
Why not?, or he could move up to lightweight.