Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1357639 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25120 on: April 7, 2024, 04:22:28 pm »
Taylor lets foul after foul go City v Arsenal.

Bradley booked 6 mins in.

Yeah good one.

Then no card for Garnacho for a stamp on Darwin, Easter Island Head throws Mo to the ground, Diaz gets flattened, no free kick
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25121 on: April 7, 2024, 05:28:30 pm »
Casemiro's straight leg, studs first, both legs off the ground, no ball, Diaz's ankle = yellow card.

Make it make sense.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25122 on: April 7, 2024, 05:31:09 pm »
Casemiro's straight leg, studs first, both legs off the ground, no ball, Diaz's ankle = yellow card.

Make it make sense.
Red is from Manchester. That should make it make sense.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #25123 on: April 7, 2024, 06:24:28 pm »

Make it make sense.

very much so... as well as being out of control too:-

Casemiro ankle-high jump challenge on 90+7' (no VAR review?; yellow card) - https://streamin.one/v/861901be & https://twitter.com/Ballmegamind/status/1777013556879220995

« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 07:48:50 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25124 on: April 7, 2024, 06:40:49 pm »
very much so... as well as being out of control too:-

Casemiro ankle-high jump challenge on 90+7' (no VAR review?; yellow card) - https://streamin.one/v/861901be & https://twitter.com/Ballmegamind/status/1777013556879220995

Wouldn't have made a difference, but if Taylor had given a red VAR wouldn't have overturned it.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25125 on: April 7, 2024, 06:58:28 pm »
Clattenburg will be getting his Parker pen out again and writing to Howard after that non decision with the Maddison punch.

He might actually have a case this time.

The VAR official told the ref that “there was no evidence of violent conduct”.  Other that the several tv cameras that caught Maddison punching the lad in the stomach.  The stuff they come out with is incredible.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 07:02:38 pm by Kekule »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #25126 on: April 7, 2024, 07:32:03 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25127 on: April 7, 2024, 07:40:57 pm »
Oh but Jones was sent off 2 yards away from that very incident

Ok
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25128 on: April 7, 2024, 07:42:51 pm »
Spurs' Maddison punching opponent in the stomach (no card given) - https://twitter.com/AVFCTheReligion/status/1777032857426260337 & https://twitter.com/callumcasteln/status/1777032260157395308

Thats utterly mad.

From the same VAR who thought it was fine when Onana punched a wolves player

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25129 on: April 7, 2024, 07:47:06 pm »
"no evidence of an act of violent conduct"

Beggars belief VAR could watch that & relay that back to the reff. Staggering

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25130 on: April 7, 2024, 07:47:57 pm »
Let's face it, VAR is a total and utter failure. All it's done is take any sort of excitement out of scoring a goal.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25131 on: April 7, 2024, 07:48:30 pm »
"no evidence of an act of violent conduct"

Beggars belief VAR could watch that & relay that back to the reff. Staggering

Is it though? It's pretty common place now with Refs and VAR, they're deciding who wins games

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25132 on: April 7, 2024, 07:50:19 pm »

Is it though? It's pretty common place now with Refs and VAR, they're deciding who wins games

I think there's already a thread for that discussion  ;)

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25133 on: April 7, 2024, 07:52:21 pm »

I think there's already a thread for that discussion  ;)

I'm not going in there with thouse loonies :P

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25134 on: April 7, 2024, 10:14:29 pm »

It’s a cheats paradise

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25135 on: April 7, 2024, 10:18:34 pm »
It's actually a very good forum, whilst I'm not a member and don't post I find the debate there rather decent.
Blue moon on the other hand is bordering on insane.
My son complains when I watch Fox news, I tell him to be informed you need to listen to both sides regardless of whether you agree with them or not, their opinion is generally legitimate.
Rawk is akin to Facebook et al, you are fed biased opinions which then feed your bias, unless you broaden your search and get the other sides perspective you will continue to live in a bubble which while probably ok in Sport (this however is exactly the type of behavior that feeds hate chants etc) politically it can be dangerous, and we live I believe in dangerous times
Sorry ...you did ask!

Wierdo.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #25136 on: April 8, 2024, 10:47:16 am »
I actually don't think Taylor was terrible yesterday. Did a fairly decent job overall. Some tackles and bookings questionable, but nothing that's going to swing the game.

I reckon a few on here would have been outraged had the pen been the other way, Elliot's foot gets clipped but not by the defenders initial tackle so it looks a little like a dive, it was his trailing leg that got clipped and caused the foul. Seen it's causing some upset in other areas of the internet.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25137 on: April 8, 2024, 11:11:42 am »
I actually don't think Taylor was terrible yesterday. Did a fairly decent job overall. Some tackles and bookings questionable, but nothing that's going to swing the game.

I reckon a few on here would have been outraged had the pen been the other way, Elliot's foot gets clipped but not by the defenders initial tackle so it looks a little like a dive, it was his trailing leg that got clipped and caused the foul. Seen it's causing some upset in other areas of the internet.

Every time Liverpool get any decision other fans get incandescent with rage.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #25138 on: April 8, 2024, 11:28:52 am »
Any theories about why Wolverhampton Wanderers seem to be punished by VAR this season? There've been loads of absurd decisions given against them.

I know one poster believes that PGMOL is punishing the Wolves manager for complaining about referees - but that's a sort of chicken and egg question. (Did O'Neil complain about refs and therefore provoke PGMOL to instruct VARs to punish them, or did VAR punish Wolves and inspire O'Neil to complain?) Could it even be prejudice against people from Staffordshire (is that whereWolverhampton is?)? Or perhaps there are lots of WBA supporters in PGMOL? It's mystifying, that's for sure.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25139 on: April 8, 2024, 11:47:25 am »
Any theories about why Wolverhampton Wanderers seem to be punished by VAR this season? There've been loads of absurd decisions given against them.

I know one poster believes that PGMOL is punishing the Wolves manager for complaining about referees - but that's a sort of chicken and egg question. (Did O'Neil complain about refs and therefore provoke PGMOL to instruct VARs to punish them, or did VAR punish Wolves and inspire O'Neil to complain?) Could it even be prejudice against people from Staffordshire (is that whereWolverhampton is?)? Or perhaps there are lots of WBA supporters in PGMOL? It's mystifying, that's for sure.

Early doors it was that disgraceful decision not to give a penno when the Man U keeper flattened the lad.

PGMOL got stick over that and have fucked Wolves every since. Vindictive inbred c*nts.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #25140 on: April 8, 2024, 11:50:32 am »

Seriously don’t get that. Off the top of my head, salah getting mauled ignored, bruno telling him to fuck off ignored, giving free kicks every time they fell over, not booking their players for either simulation or dangerous play, constant manhandling of our players at set pieces ignored, not sending casemiro off, time wasting.  In fact i had a bet with the missus he’d boom their keeper on 80mins. Was 79. He’s fucking shite.

On a side note, was there ever a replay of casemiro appearing to handball prior to our pen? Blew a gasket at that point so had to go and cool off for a sec.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25141 on: April 8, 2024, 12:02:08 pm »
Maguire Zangief impressions seem to be loved among the officials, bear hugs galore and not a freekick in sight

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #25142 on: April 8, 2024, 12:19:34 pm »
There's a clip I've been sent (by and Arsenal fan) that they are saying shows Harvey dived for the pen.  Are my eyes deceiving me?  Wan Bissaka's right foot clearly makes contact with Harvey's left shin, which doesn't buckle because it's planted.  These Arsenal fans are desperate.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #25143 on: April 8, 2024, 12:23:24 pm »
There's a clip I've been sent (by and Arsenal fan) that they are saying shows Harvey dived for the pen.  Are my eyes deceiving me?  Wan Bissaka's right foot clearly makes contact with Harvey's left shin, which doesn't buckle because it's planted.  These Arsenal fans are desperate.

On the penalty decision, ten Hag added: "It was similar on Thursday but, on Thursday, it wasn't a penalty (in a 4-3 loss to Chelsea). I wanted to see if it was a penalty but it was the right decision. I can't disagree with that."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25144 on: April 8, 2024, 12:23:38 pm »
Even Neville admitted it was a penalty yesterday. Arsenal fans are really in no position to judge considering how their own players behave.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #25145 on: April 8, 2024, 12:24:46 pm »

Agree with this Klopphoey, it’s a definite pen, albeit it may not have been given if Harvey didn’t fall over - so he did. It can be both a ‘dive’ and a pen, it’s not mutually exclusive and weren’t posters saying LFC players needed to go down more …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25146 on: April 8, 2024, 12:30:47 pm »
Arsenal fans complaining about other teams diving :lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25147 on: April 8, 2024, 12:32:07 pm »
Even Neville admitted it was a penalty yesterday. Arsenal fans are really in no position to judge considering how their own players behave.

Exactly

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25148 on: April 8, 2024, 12:38:55 pm »
Just saw the Maddison punch. Obviously he punches like a wet lettuce and it likely didn’t hurt the defender, but it was still a punch and a blatant red card. Spurs have had some very strange decisions this season.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #25149 on: April 8, 2024, 12:42:07 pm »

On a side note, was there ever a replay of casemiro appearing to handball prior to our pen? Blew a gasket at that point so had to go and cool off for a sec.
No all got forgotten about with the pen coming so soon after.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25150 on: April 8, 2024, 01:17:55 pm »
Arsenal fans complaining about other teams diving :lmao

It's incredible isn't it  :D

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25151 on: April 8, 2024, 01:24:10 pm »
It's incredible isn't it  :D
Last week ADFC were complaining about Arsenal's tactical fouls in their game.

The two of them are just the two Spidermen pointing at each other memes now.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #25152 on: April 8, 2024, 01:34:16 pm »

It isn't just this season Yorky.

They received three apologies from Webb last season. It all started when Lopetegui arrived and basically went to war regarding the piss poor levels of officiating in this Country.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wolves-fa-fines-julen-lopetegui-29645014

The PGMOL were not having that a foreign manager coming over here and demanding apologies and suggesting Webb and his boys were a bit shit. I think you are on the right lines though regarding the PGMOL not liking something about Woverhampton. You yourself have suggested that English players are treated very differently. Well imagine what their reaction would be to basically a Portuguese club playing in the Premier League. It must really infuriate all the gammons at the PGMOL that Jorge Mendes is basically using Wolves to park his players.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 01:37:29 pm by Eeyore »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25153 on: April 8, 2024, 03:31:05 pm »
How come no one is ever to blame now?

Ref made the call so nothing VAR can do so not VAR fault

Otherwise its

VAR made the call so nothing the Ref can do so not Ref fault

They just pass the buck when it's convenient, no one ever to blame so nothing changes

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #25154 on: April 8, 2024, 03:43:09 pm »
It isn't just this season Yorky.

They received three apologies from Webb last season. It all started when Lopetegui arrived and basically went to war regarding the piss poor levels of officiating in this Country.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wolves-fa-fines-julen-lopetegui-29645014

The PGMOL were not having that a foreign manager coming over here and demanding apologies and suggesting Webb and his boys were a bit shit. I think you are on the right lines though regarding the PGMOL not liking something about Woverhampton. You yourself have suggested that English players are treated very differently. Well imagine what their reaction would be to basically a Portuguese club playing in the Premier League. It must really infuriate all the gammons at the PGMOL that Jorge Mendes is basically using Wolves to park his players.

I remember them being dealt a rotten hand by VAR at Anfield in the FA Cup. I think their winner was chalked off because the cameras failed to pick up the key player (a tough one for the conspiracy theorists to explain away*). But I didn't realise that they'd suffered more than that.

*Though presumably not the Wolves' ones, who probably dined out on that cock-up for a long time.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25155 on: April 8, 2024, 04:16:04 pm »
Just seen that Maddison punch

These lot have been moaning they’ve been given nothing since the game against us :lmao

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25156 on: April 8, 2024, 04:58:54 pm »
Today's ref watch:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13110754/ref-watch-premier-league-and-old-firm-weekend-incidents-analysed-by-former-official-dermot-gallagher

Penalty for us.
Wolves "goal" being disallowed was correct decision.
Lamptey challenge was a penalty.
Maddison - VAR decided no "violent conduct".

Other talking points over weekend discussed also.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25157 on: April 8, 2024, 05:35:56 pm »
Today's ref watch:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13110754/ref-watch-premier-league-and-old-firm-weekend-incidents-analysed-by-former-official-dermot-gallagher

Penalty for us.
Wolves "goal" being disallowed was correct decision.
Lamptey challenge was a penalty.
Maddison - VAR decided no "violent conduct".

Other talking points over weekend discussed also.
Is a punch not violent conduct? Maybe they thought he was just tickling him.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25158 on: April 8, 2024, 05:48:30 pm »
Is a punch not violent conduct? Maybe they thought he was just tickling him.

The fella covering for the usual fella was having none of it was he? Tells it as it is, he swivelled and punched him in the gut were his words. Same with that shite Dermot came up with over the Diaz goal at Spurs, fucking saying people were banging on and on about it, fuck off prick.

Dermots a fucking liar too - he keeps saying the Protocols mean the ref cannot be sent to the screen by himself and blames IFAB for this. This is from the fucking IFAB website :-

The referee can initiate a ‘review’ for a potential ‘clear and obvious error’ or ‘serious missed incident’ when:

the VAR (or another match official) recommends a ‘review’

the referee suspects that something serious has been ‘missed’

https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/video-assistant-referee-var-protocol/#procedures

Yates is sat on the floor yelling he's been punched and saying look at the screen. Hooper (the Spurs fan???) could, under the rules, ask to review the footage, as he, from the players reaction, may think that he might have missed something
Jurgen YNWA

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #25159 on: April 8, 2024, 05:51:26 pm »
Why do you keep quoting rules, Rob, as if they matter? The acting rules are made on the fly...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."