Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141420 times)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #640 on: December 26, 2010, 03:32:55 am »
Now, if we were to finish higher then 7th that must be seen as an improvement, surely?
The only way, for me, that this season can be seen as an improvement is if the team suddenly gels for the second half of the season and we suddenly see the squad taking steps forward.

I'm all for judging the team by what goes on on the pitch mate, but at the moment bar some very fleeting glimpses, we've been shite, both home and away (fuck it now i've got the home and away theme tune in my head)

If we stutter and blunder our way to say sixth, miss out on the europa league (unless arsenal win the CC, which you never can tell with wenger) is it an improvement?
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: December 26, 2010, 03:34:07 am »
The only way, for me, that this season can be seen as an improvement is if the team suddenly gels for the second half of the season and we suddenly see the squad taking steps forward.

I'm all for judging the team by what goes on on the pitch mate, but at the moment bar some very fleeting glimpses, we've been shite, both home and away (fuck it now i've got the home and away theme tune in my head)

If we stutter and blunder our way to say sixth, miss out on the europa league (unless arsenal win the CC, which you never can tell with wenger) is it an improvement?
If we finish 6th, it's an improvement, whichever way you look at it.
psn = Lents123

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: December 26, 2010, 03:34:10 am »

I see us sitting ninth at Xmas, -1 goal diff, 1 away win, and about 90 minutes of football worth watching all season.

I see our statistics falling in line with Roy Hodgson's career record, in some cases worse.

I see our football methods reflect those of a mid table (or lesser league) side - the kind that Roy is used to managing.

I see players like Torres - once record breaking world player of the year candidate - withering.

I see a total lack of motivation.

I see an unsettled fanbase, feeling like their dog died after a promising ownership spill, only to have to endure the prolonged tenure of a manager clearly out of his depth.

Yes, I blame Roy. This squad is far, far better than this.  If it isn't the manager's fault, then what is the point of the manager at all? If managers are credited with success, then they should equally be accused of failure. Roy is clinging on by a thread. He wants to "save" his reputation. This is leading to desperation, and it will lead to despair. Hodgson would sooner ruin LFC than give up the chance to absolve his reputation.

If we CAN do better (or if anyone thinks another manager could do so) then what is the point of Hodgson?

get back in line and support the manager, you need to give him a full season before judging him. Well, maybe one season is not enough. It's his bedding season. you need to wait 2 to 3 seasons before seeing roy's master plan.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: December 26, 2010, 03:37:14 am »
Now, if we were to finish higher then 7th that must be seen as an improvement, surely?

yes. finishing higher then 7th is an improvement on last season's league position. do u see a improvement on what rafa has done in his 5 years or perhaps it'll only be fair and a better gauge if we let roy take the reins for 5 years?

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #644 on: December 26, 2010, 03:37:29 am »
And that's all we can do, unless we're in the dressing room/Melwood? But let's just carry on 'imagining' things he's 'probably' saying to them to make our points online.

Whatever it is, it isn't working.
Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #645 on: December 26, 2010, 03:38:02 am »
get back in line and support the manager, you need to give him a full season before judging him. Well, maybe one season is not enough. It's his bedding season. you need to wait 2 to 3 seasons before seeing roy's master plan.

Haha. Goebbels had a plan too.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: December 26, 2010, 03:40:04 am »
Whatever it is, it isn't working.
Best email FSG and let them know eh? ::)
psn = Lents123

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #647 on: December 26, 2010, 03:41:53 am »

It's not.

The difference between 7th and 6th is about a million quid in prize money.

Joe Cole makes about 5 times that.

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #648 on: December 26, 2010, 03:48:26 am »

The chance that happens are very slim. Last year we always had hope for fourth, because it was a real possibility. In fact it was a reasonable target right to the end. And under Rafa we had a reasonable expectation.

None of the same can be said now.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #649 on: December 26, 2010, 03:48:27 am »
It is isn't it, it's a place higher in the league.

But if we finish 6th, out of europe totally, less points and a shitter goal difference than last season, is it really the improvement that we should have seen? Or am I utterly wrong Lents and Roy's utterly right, that our expectations of the club are far, far too high and really, if we get about 6th, we should actually be happy with it? 
Gratitude

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: December 26, 2010, 03:50:33 am »
It's not.

The difference between 7th and 6th is about a million quid in prize money.

Joe Cole makes about 5 times that.
It is.
6th is better than 7th, but either is still shit, since 1st is everything.
psn = Lents123

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: December 26, 2010, 04:00:17 am »
It is.

No it's not. You said "whichever way you look at it."

I merely showed you one scenario where that's not the case.

It difficult to reach first 1st if you forsake continuity for ripping up the playbook every go-round. Ask any England fan.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: December 26, 2010, 04:02:11 am »
No it's not. You said "whichever way you look at it."

I merely showed yo one scenario where that's not the case.

It difficult to reach first 1st if you forsake continuity for ripping up the playbook every go-round. Ask any England fan.

I'd love to be able to be as precious as you.

1st IS everything, like it or not, but 6th isnearer 1st than 7th so it would be an improvement. Decorate it however you like, it's fact.
psn = Lents123

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #653 on: December 26, 2010, 04:03:30 am »
It is.

You're arguments are a bit like Roy's. Hopeful, but hapless.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: December 26, 2010, 04:05:31 am »
You're arguments are a bit like Roy's. Hopeful, but hapless.
So, 6th ISN'T an improvement on 7th? But but but... fuck off.
psn = Lents123

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #655 on: December 26, 2010, 04:06:44 am »
Is there any chance you could all stop being so personal in the attacks/replies to each other. I'm actually enjoying debating, but the veiled nastiness is pretty annoying.
Gratitude

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: December 26, 2010, 04:07:06 am »

;D

1st IS everything, like it or not, but 6th isnearer 1st than 7th so it would be an improvement. Decorate it however you like, it's fact.

Lents, if it were that simple, marathon runners would sprint.

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #657 on: December 26, 2010, 04:07:17 am »

Crikey, you ARE the David Brent of RAWK.

If we get 6th I'll buy you an engraved microphone to practice your Karaoke.  Roy should have some spare time as well in summer, you could make a duet.

"Hold me in your arms, don't let me go..."

;)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #658 on: December 26, 2010, 04:07:50 am »
So, 6th ISN'T an improvement on 7th? But but but... fuck off.
again......

It is isn't it, it's a place higher in the league.

But if we finish 6th, out of europe totally, less points and a shitter goal difference than last season, is it really the improvement that we should have seen? Or am I utterly wrong Lents and Roy's utterly right, that our expectations of the club are far, far too high and really, if we get about 6th, we should actually be happy with it? 
Gratitude

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: December 26, 2010, 04:08:25 am »
Crikey, you ARE the David Brent of RAWK.

If we get 6th I'll buy you an engraved microphone to practice your Karaoke.  Roy should have some spare time as well in summer, you could make a duet.

"Hole me in your arms, don't let me go..."

;)
Hold*
;D

Lents, if it were that simple, marathon runners would sprint.
Patronising much...?
psn = Lents123

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: December 26, 2010, 04:09:44 am »
p.s I love El C. The last argument I had with him was whether Dirk was Pacey.... El C said he was.... LOL
psn = Lents123

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: December 26, 2010, 04:17:41 am »
p.s I love El C. The last argument I had with him was whether Dirk was Pacey.... El C said he was.... LOL

I'd rather make a hash out of supporting Dirk Kuyt than Roy fucking Hodgson like.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: December 26, 2010, 04:21:38 am »
I'd rather make a hash out of supporting Dirk Kuyt than Roy fucking Hodgson like.
You;ve got me all wrong. There's a difference between believing he's the right man and sounding like a fucking Geordie slagging the bloke off. That's all.
psn = Lents123

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: December 26, 2010, 04:26:47 am »
You;ve got me all wrong. There's a difference between believing he's the right man and sounding like a fucking Geordie slagging the bloke off. That's all.

Honestly, Lents, I can't really bring myself to slag the Geordies off since we let Rafa walk alone.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: December 26, 2010, 04:30:04 am »
Honestly, Lents, I can't really bring myself to slag the Geordies off since we let Rafa walk alone.
I admire your support of an EX LFC manager, but fuck me the way people have acted towards the current bloke is shameful. 'He's delibarately doing this' is just one of the frankly comical things i've read today about OUR manager. Get over Benitez, he's gone, he ain't coming back mate, get over it. 6 bloody months.
The way Hodgson's been treated by some is fucking shambolic, and I'm just thankful RAWK is in no way representative of LFC fans.
psn = Lents123

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #665 on: December 26, 2010, 04:33:01 am »
I admire your support of an EX LFC manager, but fuck me the way people have acted towards the current bloke is shameful. 'He's delibarately doing this' is just one of the frankly comical things i've read today about OUR manager. Get over Benitez, he's gone, he ain't coming back mate, get over it. 6 bloody months.
The way Hodgson's been treated by some is fucking shambolic, and I'm just thankful RAWK is in no way representative of LFC fans.
I'd agree, some of the shit written about Roy is pathetic. But then, it was the same last year about benitez. At least there's symmetry I guess.
Gratitude

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #666 on: December 26, 2010, 04:37:03 am »

I agree mate the personal abuse is uncalled for. 100% agree with that assertion.
But then again you get the other end of the spectrum. Who cares what Roy says in the press, the performance on the pitch isn't his fault cause he has a shitty team, 9th is best for us, his signings aren't crap, and the list goes on. Just some of the comical things I have heard, and these are the same people who slag Rafa off time and time again.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: December 26, 2010, 04:39:15 am »
I agree mate the personal abuse is uncalled for. 100% agree with that assertion.
But then again you get the other end of the spectrum. Who cares what Roy says in the press, the performance on the pitch isn't his fault cause he has a shitty team, 9th is best for us, his signings aren't crap, and the list goes on. Just some of the comical things I have heard, and these are the same people who slag Rafa off time and time again.

There's a difference between disagreeing with Roy (or Rafa) and slagging them off. I happen to believe neither are the right man to take us forward, but since I'm apparently a Rafa 'hater' my opinions are worth fuck all and let's all get back to wanking over 2nd 2 years ago and slagging Roy off.... there's just no middle ground.
psn = Lents123

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: December 26, 2010, 04:40:35 am »
There's a difference between disagreeing with Roy (or Rafa) and slagging them off. I happen to believe neither are the right man to take us forward, but since I'm apparently a Rafa 'hater' my opinions are worth fuck all and let's all get back to wanking over 2nd 2 years ago and slagging Roy off.... there's just no middle ground.

What would middle ground be?

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: December 26, 2010, 04:44:02 am »
I'm indifferent to Benitez, whilst appreciating the miracle of 2005 I was similarly bemused by the failings of last season. But of course he didn't fail, it was everyone but Rafa etc etc that we've all been through a hundred times or more. But because I don't worship the ground he walks on i'm a Rafa 'hater' and deserve the position LFC are in now because I thought he'd run his course. Obviously i'm a sky sports fed billy bullshit who knows fuck all because I have a differing opinion to the RAWK masses.
psn = Lents123

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: December 26, 2010, 04:47:44 am »
Was that an answer?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #671 on: December 26, 2010, 04:54:05 am »
I'm indifferent to Benitez, whilst appreciating the miracle of 2005 I was similarly bemused by the failings of last season. But of course he didn't fail, it was everyone but Rafa etc etc that we've all been through a hundred times or more. But because I don't worship the ground he walks on i'm a Rafa 'hater' and deserve the position LFC are in now because I thought he'd run his course. Obviously i'm a sky sports fed billy bullshit who knows fuck all because I have a differing opinion to the RAWK masses.
I haven't seen anyone calling you a "rafa hater" or any of the other silly little terms that get used on here. Funnily enough i thought the last couple of pages were a discussion? Don't quite know why you're getting all worked up over something that no ones called you?
Gratitude

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #672 on: December 26, 2010, 05:00:45 am »

Your definition of slagging is fuzzy.

There is some personal abuse, yes, but why should that offset the "fair" criticism. Just because he's copping some slagging is no reason to ignore the rest of it.

You say we should get behind him, maybe you're right. But he makes it very difficult to do so. Some would ask just how much of a risk he is. I say too much. He's gone in summer anyway, so what's the fucking point?

I think in general reds supporters are being tolerant. I think the idea he will be around for the season is sinking in. But we're a long, long way off being Newcastle. To say so is totally unfair for the most part.

When you see nobs shouting "you don't know what you're doing" behind the dugout on TV then I'll cave in to your point.

Until then, I think Roy should be held to account in forums and pubs, even on air if it's not distasteful or personal. After all, he says some total bollocks himself.

Offline adi1986

• Main Stander
  • Who's bigger than Liverpool?
« Reply #673 on: December 26, 2010, 05:07:21 am »
I dont get this 'brought in Poulsen for Aquilani' claim. Isn't it fucking obvious on footballing terms that Poulsen was a purchase made to cover for the imminent departure of Mascherano? And the replacement for Aquilani was actually Raul Meireles and I don't care how cracking a talent Aquilani was, Raul Meireles has turned out to be an improvement on Aquilani. So that stick being used to beat Roy (who I don't rate as I always say) is fucking unreasonable.

Also Poulsen for Mascherano is a massive downgrade. But the same can be said about the attempted Barry for Alonso deal. Yet Roy is the cancer trying to ruin the club and Rafa is god.
Wish my internet terrorism skills had surfaced earlier, when we helplessly let Xabi go.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: December 26, 2010, 05:18:24 am »
There's a difference between disagreeing with Roy (or Rafa) and slagging them off.
There's a difference between disagreeing with your fellow fans and slagging them off. But you choose to do the latter.

Hypocrite?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2010, 05:33:19 am »

Master plan?

Even if he did have a master plan, which he doesn't, we would've seen evidence of his ideas over the course of his very very long career. All that evidence points towards him being shite and out of his depth. A journeyman with a cup run under his belt. If he is here next season the damage will last a decade.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #676 on: December 26, 2010, 07:13:15 am »
. Obviously i'm a sky sports fed billy bullshit who knows fuck all because I have a differing opinion to the RAWK masses.

Obviously  :D

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #677 on: December 26, 2010, 07:59:14 am »
Anyone who thinks supporting Roy is some how sticking to the old Liverpool way is delusional! The guy hasn't a clue how to operate at a club like lfc, not alone does his current performance show thus but also his previous performances at far lesser clubs!
Yes it's safe to say finishing sixth this season would be better than 7th last year but acloaer look at the two situations will quickly show this to be bollocks frankly!

The question you need to ask is if bentis had Bern in charge this term would we be better of now and at the end of the season? To the best of my knowledge however little and based in what I ve witnessed from both managers is that we would fair far better. That's that for me.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #678 on: December 26, 2010, 09:11:13 am »
Roy's strategy of lowering our expectations appears to be working. Now we talk about 6th place as if it would be an acceptable achievement(and we've got no chance of that from where I'm sitting with Roy at the helm).
 Of course Roy was brought in by Hicks and Gillette to dismantle us quietly on our way to the Championship - he mustn't know if
he's coming or going now that the circumstances have changed.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #679 on: December 26, 2010, 10:01:21 am »
Roy's strategy of lowering our expectations appears to be working. Now we talk about 6th place as if it would be an acceptable achievement(and we've got no chance of that from where I'm sitting with Roy at the helm).
 Of course Roy was brought in by Hicks and Gillette to dismantle us quietly on our way to the Championship - he mustn't know if
he's coming or going now that the circumstances have changed.

it's the first season i can remember where we realistically have no chance of even challenging for the league. and that is due to roy hodgson, nobody else but roy hodgson. and as you have pointed out, people seem to find this acceptable now. it's shocking, and if something isn't done about this very, very soon we will end up exactly like our bitter neighbours across the park. and to make that worse, our present manager hasn;t even got the balls to come up with annything for the fans to rally behind, unacceptable results and no "people's club" type catchphrase. no plucky underdog malarkey here, just roy, who did his very best, which is not good enough for this club. the people responsible for bringing him in need lynching. this whole situation is like g&h's parting shot. a shit pedestrian manager, moulding liverpool fc into a shit, pedestrian team.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."