Author Topic: Incident at Manchester Arena  (Read 75916 times)

Offline Salger

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Incident at Manchester Arena
« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2017, 09:54:19 am »
Despicable cowardly bastards.

Thoughts with the families of all those affected. As a parent (and frankly just a decent human), it makes me physically sick to think of the pain and loss that people are going through right now.
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2017, 10:04:39 am »
This weekend thousands upon thousands of people where planning to attend large events and no doubt have nervous thoughts in their minds...but we cant allow that to change our lives...I've got ticket to a big gig on Friday. I will be there!

Aye, Victoria Park in London on sat.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2017, 10:06:15 am »
Evil twisted bastards.
I hope they catch anyone aiding and harbouring these despicable twats & throw away the key.

Heart & thoughts go out to those who have lost their lives & their families and friends affected.

RIP.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2017, 10:08:17 am »
How was the security? I used to go to Sweden Rock Festival and your bag was always thoroughly searched and you were always patted down. Reading some reports in Swedish papers that body searches and bag searches were non- existent/lax.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2017, 10:09:49 am »
Targeting a gig you know is going to be chiefly filled with girls and female teenagers make it an even more incomprehensibly callous act.

From experience, the healing process from experiencing this sort of thing seems to never end.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2017, 10:12:41 am »
How was the security? I used to go to Sweden Rock Festival and your bag was always thoroughly searched and you were always patted down. Reading some reports in Swedish papers that body searches and bag searches were non- existent/lax.

The explosion was in the foyer and not inside the arena. Its a public place so its literally like attacking someone as they leave a venue.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2017, 10:15:18 am »
The reports are wide of the mark. The bomb was triggered outside the venue in a public passage between Victoria railway station and the arena. It's a place where many people meet after a concert before getting trains out of Manchester
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2017, 10:19:00 am »
The explosion was in the foyer and not inside the arena. Its a public place so its literally like attacking someone as they leave a venue.

Sadly the thought had crossed my mind in the past that this is a very exposed space with little policing.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2017, 10:31:30 am »
Targeting a gig you know is going to be chiefly filled with girls and female teenagers make it an even more incomprehensibly callous act.

From experience, the healing process from experiencing this sort of thing seems to never end.

The problem is you (general sense) are trying to comprehend. So many post similarly. The act of trying to understand relies on an assumption of the awareness of human quality in the murderer, for him to then break it, and then for you to not understand it.

Don't. Plenty mature to adulthood without ever buying into or understanding the same shared ideals. It just is. Ultimately it's a machine, if the programming goes wrong, and once you are an adult you don't question, analyse yourself, it goes on, perpetually. That we cannot control.

What we can control, is the path a guy with a certain thought process goes down. Islam provides a nice path for attention seeking mass murder. There is a way to shut down that path, but it most certainly does not involve the world legitimatising the cocksucking leaders in the middle east by dealing with them as equals.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2017, 10:31:58 am »
To think there will be people in the world celebrating what happened last night. Sick bastards.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #290 on: May 23, 2017, 10:36:03 am »
I just can't get my head arround it.
Can't imagine sending my child to a concert and then...
I feel sick.
Is this the world we are going to leave to our children?

RIP to all who lost their lives and condolences to their families!

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #291 on: May 23, 2017, 10:36:13 am »
Sadly, mankind’s capacity for evil has remained consistently high throughout time. What has changed is population movement and instant worldwide communication giving conflict a far greater reach than ever before.

There is a grim cycle to these stories. First there is the “magnificent response” of the emergency services, then “communities coming together” then cries of “They shall not win”, then criticism of the security services who “could have done more” then dark suggestions that “others were involved” then funerals representing a “celebration of good not evil”. Rewind for the next one.

It seems that it was a suicide bomber, that is the preferred modus operandi of Middle Eastern terrorism, beyond that we will have to wait.

There will be justified scrutiny of the religious, ethnic, cultural, political and community context of this attack. But sometimes we can seek rational explanations where there are none. Where individuals, or small groups, have mentally moved to a position where they do something, “because they can".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:45:25 am by whiteboots »

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2017, 10:39:28 am »
Don't know if anyone saw the clip on Skynews of a woman actually very worried about a suspicious person next to her with a bag, so much so she reported it to security. Said a few minutes before the bomb went off, she got up and disappeared. Very sinister (possibly).

I'm not buying that a suspicious bag was taken into the event (including being scanned by the staff) to then be taken outside again into the public.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2017, 10:41:10 am »
I'm not buying that a suspicious bag was taken into the event (including being scanned by the staff) to then be taken outside again into the public.
Yeah, I doubt the bag has much to do with anything but possible accomplice maybe. She just seemed very worried about it and reported it to security. Very odd.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 23, 2017, 10:44:07 am »
They do it to provoke a reaction. That then provokes more. Ie people attacking mosques, non-extreme Muslims. With the ultimate goal of driving those moderate or unsympathetic believers into becoming extreme ones out if their own eye-for-an-eye retaliation and some sort of big divisive battle. It's just nihilistic psychopathy.

And the best thing to do is not take the bait and be lowered to their base level of hate. They'll die off enentually on their own

I would not be so sure about it.... The demographics of muslim countries is growing rapidly (or muslim faith people i think), double what it was some years ago... (Turkey, Iran...) don´t have the exact statistics now... So ultimatelly this will come to a question either its your kids or mine...

Hopefully this day won´t come but... you can´t expect people not to be angry towards west if west europe lives in luxury, everyone has a car, we travel by airplains and everything... using much fuel etc.. and the other part of world lives in tents, in constant fear of dying day by day where things like that happend daily, even worse...

Still this might as well be a person who was already born in Britain, just like the French terrorists who were belgium citizens, born in Belgium - therefore EU... so all the talk about migration for me as person from east Europe, who works hard and payes taxes here is strange... Britain and basically whole west europe has a big problem within.... and if you ignore it... it will become worse...

It is all about numbers... i am 31, have no kids since i work and study all the time since i was 17... i want to have kids max. 2 when im ready financially and mentally... Those guys have kids from their early 20s and maybe have 5 or 6... many of them... I think it is to late to deal with it now..

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2017, 10:46:23 am »

It would have been less callous if it was chiefly filled with boys and male teenagers?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2017, 10:48:10 am »
I don't get this guy on Sky News going on about possibly starting to check bags away from the arena like they do at some stadiums. That's going to be impossible to implement in Manchester because of the arena's location unfortunately.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2017, 10:50:42 am »
To think there will be people in the world celebrating what happened last night. Sick bastards.
That's a very difficult thing to comprehend but we have to remember that the evil cowards that carry out these attacks see every human life as worthless in the pursuit of their twisted cause.

Sadly i think we are powerless to prevent these kind of attacks if the attackers are hiding in plain sight until they decide to attack.We need to break the cycle of silence in communities surrounding the networks and individuals who are drawn towards radicalism.

My thoughts go out to everybody involved in last nights awful,tragic attack.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 23, 2017, 10:52:58 am »
Woke up to news of this.  Been trying to catch up before I posted.  Don't really have any words.  Apart from the horrible loss of lives, the pain of the injured, the suffering of so many families... my heart just goes out to all those trying to cope with this.

I'm sure we will all have concerns about this becoming a political football in the coming weeks, a la Jo Cox.  Let us hope we keep the victims at the forefront of our thoughts.

And please be vigilant.  There's a major music festival on in Liverpool over the Bank Holiday weekend, where security will be even harder to maintain.  And I suspect we wont be the only city with events planned.

Please be safe everyone.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #299 on: May 23, 2017, 10:54:15 am »
Despicable.  Horrifying. Heartbreaking.

You can't bomb this shit away.
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2017, 10:57:38 am »
Terrible thing, sad times, so sorry for the people effected.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2017, 11:04:23 am »
just so people kind of get how the MEN works. The Arena adjoins the stations. When you leave the main area there is foyer which is like like a hub from which you can head into town or head into the train station. Im assuming as thousands left this twat exploded his bomb in the foyer.

There are people selling merchandise out their aswell. sad times man.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:34 am »
I don't get this guy on Sky News going on about possibly starting to check bags away from the arena like they do at some stadiums. That's going to be impossible to implement in Manchester because of the arena's location unfortunately.

The bag check area would then become the target. There will always be bottlenecks. And besides this bomb was in the public area.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:20 am »

Terrible Tragedy but how does that make it a more callous act?  :rollseyes

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2017, 11:11:56 am »
Just giving page set up by MEN has raised £25k in less than a few hours

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westandtogethermanchester

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2017, 11:11:57 am »
Terrible Tragedy but how does that make it a more callous act?  :rollseyes

I think he is making the point they are kids
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2017, 11:17:47 am »
Main news from May just now is confirmation that they know who the murderer was and are now looking to find out whether he had help. She mentioned that many of the 59 injured are in a life threatening condition. Really hope press took onboard her suggestion to think of families who are desperately looking for news of missing loved ones.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2017, 11:28:52 am »
My thoughts and prayers are with those who have died and those that have been injured by this shocking incident. The comfort I am getting is that people have been helping each other with taxi rides, food whatever is needed at this time.   

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2017, 11:29:23 am »
Arndale evacuated.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2017, 11:30:01 am »
Armed police have gone in and arrested someone at the Arndale

gqP6w

« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2017, 11:30:43 am »
No one I know was caught up in the attack but it was an attack on my brothers and sisters.

RIP

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2017, 11:31:39 am »
MEN reporting raids and arrests were made this morning. Chorlton and Ashton two places mentioned.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2017, 11:33:31 am »
The ISIS narrative is that they're meant to be attacking the western ideals. Fucking teenage girls. It's just cowardly.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 23, 2017, 11:33:57 am »
https://twitter.com/MotherLeopard92/status/866959220066979840

Video of police escorting the arrested guy in Arndale.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2017, 11:34:09 am »
That twiter page of the first named victim is absolutely heartbreaking.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #315 on: May 23, 2017, 11:35:24 am »
Police get a tough time, and often it's deserved.

But I wouldn't want to be in their shoes trying to deal with these issues.  Immense bravery.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #316 on: May 23, 2017, 11:36:56 am »
Manchester News

The Arndale evacuation is UNCONNECTED to the Manchester terror attack but there have been other arrests across Manchester.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 23, 2017, 11:37:14 am »
This is so fucking horrendous and sad that I'm having a hard time following the aftermath. Usually I'm checking updates. Feel like getting away from it all this morning, fucking heartbreaking for these families.
Getting sick of it all.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #318 on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:45 am »
I regularly attend gigs and this has shook me to the core especially after the Paris attack too.

People have gone to have a good time and it ended in chaos.

Thoughts with everyone and we have to pull together in these terrible incident. People have to go back out to gigs and show solidarity.

The poor families affected. I am numb.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:42:37 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #319 on: May 23, 2017, 11:49:45 am »
Awful news. Read the story on the bus on my way to taking an exam, absolutely insane to think about. Attacking kids.. beyond belief.

RIP :(