Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 195651 times)

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #720 on: November 20, 2018, 09:07:26 am »
The Sainsbury’s ones with the usual recipe of kids and a cover version are unbearable
Christmas cannibal selection?!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: November 20, 2018, 09:19:24 am »
That Elton John/John Lewis advert is fucking shite. If it was to advertise his farewell tour or last ever album, then yeah it'd be good, but as a Christmas advert it is garbage.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #722 on: November 20, 2018, 10:13:30 am »
The Sainsbury’s ones with the usual recipe of kids and a cover version are unbearable

I like it. It's a shameless rip-off of the John Lewis Bohemian Rhapsody ad, but the plug bit makes me chuckle.

Speaking of John Lewis, I also think their Xmas ad is a bit crap
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:41:46 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2018, 03:41:22 pm »
The McDonald's ones for the international-themed burgers.

"Look, stuff has gone comically wrong for these formerly-enthusiastic people!" must be the very, very laziest trope in advertising. Challenged only, perhaps, by "Isn't gormless dad a bit stupid and overconfident? Sensible mum and the kids will do it right."
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2018, 03:47:41 pm »
That Elton John/John Lewis advert is fucking shite. If it was to advertise his farewell tour or last ever album, then yeah it'd be good, but as a Christmas advert it is garbage.

After just watching the 2015 John Lewis Moon Nonce advert for the first time,  the one with Elton in is fine by me.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: November 20, 2018, 07:46:14 pm »
After just watching the 2015 John Lewis Moon Nonce advert for the first time,  the one with Elton in is fine by me.

Must just be me, but I don't get the issues with that advert.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: November 20, 2018, 08:37:09 pm »
Must just be me, but I don't get the issues with that advert.

Don't get me wrong they are both smoltzy as fuck.

The Moon Hitler one appears to be a bit of a running joke for a few years. Although I've only just seen the Ad i totally get the piss-take.  Brian Blessed posted a funny piece of satirical writing from the Guardian about it in the Xmas Adverts thread

I suppose it depends on your humour taste.  Horses for courses etc  :)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: November 20, 2018, 09:15:17 pm »
The wowcher ones with that shit music.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: November 21, 2018, 09:05:19 am »
Don't get me wrong they are both smoltzy as fuck.

The Moon Hitler one appears to be a bit of a running joke for a few years. Although I've only just seen the Ad i totally get the piss-take.  Brian Blessed posted a funny piece of satirical writing from the Guardian about it in the Xmas Adverts thread

I suppose it depends on your humour taste.  Horses for courses etc  :)

I do find the pisstakes funny, the one about what he fuck did he do to get exiled on the Moon was ace - I've just seen some people saying that the ad itself was creepy, that was the bit I didn't get
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: November 21, 2018, 09:21:23 am »
I do find the pisstakes funny, the one about what he fuck did he do to get exiled on the Moon was ace - I've just seen some people saying that the ad itself was creepy, that was the bit I didn't get

I think it was that he was peering into a kids bedroom with a Telescope.

Pretty sure it's all tongue-in-cheek Rob rather than genuine outrage. :)

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: November 21, 2018, 09:31:54 am »
That Coke one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM9G-l8YaGs

I cant see youtube at work, but is this the diet coke one with the bloke walking down the street saying that you can be and do whatever you want because he likes diet coke with mango twist.  He's a fucking douche

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: November 21, 2018, 07:43:20 pm »

And they made him a knight of the realm. Overrated.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #732 on: November 21, 2018, 08:17:06 pm »
The Russians have got the jam rag ones sorted

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PNTUv6X-xFs&amp;ab_channel=drakemetalmachine" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PNTUv6X-xFs&amp;ab_channel=drakemetalmachine</a>

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: November 21, 2018, 08:35:13 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PNTUv6X-xFs&amp;ab_channel=drakemetalmachine" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PNTUv6X-xFs&amp;ab_channel=drakemetalmachine</a>

:lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #734 on: November 22, 2018, 04:10:51 pm »

;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: November 22, 2018, 06:22:05 pm »
The door bell / security one. What rubbish.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #736 on: November 26, 2018, 10:12:34 am »
The Bull Dog shaving adverts.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #737 on: December 2, 2018, 03:21:22 pm »
Betting ads, it's the amount of them that are on every ad break especially when theres live sport on is beyond a joke, as i've said in another thread easy to switch over when your at home, but hard when your in the pub.
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #738 on: December 2, 2018, 03:33:31 pm »
On my radio app I keep getting ads for open days at the University of Northampton open days. Anyone else? If so you’ll know exactly why it winds me up so much!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: December 2, 2018, 03:35:22 pm »
All Christmas adverts and all people sharing them as if they are some terribly important cultural events.
Fuck right off.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: February 8, 2019, 10:39:02 pm »
Don’t even know where to start with the rhodri giggs paddy power stuff... fucking hell.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #741 on: February 9, 2019, 08:06:42 am »
Don’t even know where to start with the rhodri giggs paddy power stuff... fucking hell.

I saw that earlier. Fairly appalling alright

Rhodri obviously feels no shame or remorse for what he did

I hate Paddy Power and their sleazy "banter", I really do

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: February 9, 2019, 08:17:20 am »
Have I mentioned the constant funeral plan ones?  :no

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #743 on: February 9, 2019, 08:51:14 am »
I saw that earlier. Fairly appalling alright

Rhodri obviously feels no shame or remorse for what he did

I hate Paddy Power and their sleazy "banter", I really do

All the Betting ads are annoying[& on far too often]but Paddy Power ads in particular are highly annoying. :no
#Sausages

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #744 on: February 9, 2019, 11:38:16 pm »

As much as Giggs was a c**t for everything he did, that advert is absolutely shameful. I find it disgusting. I have no love for Ryan Giggs but the brother should be embarrassed by that.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #745 on: February 10, 2019, 04:02:39 pm »
Brexit loving Carling piss water.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: February 10, 2019, 04:51:29 pm »
Brexit loving Carling piss water.

This shit. Vauxhall were sold to GM in 1925, the cars are rebadged Opels and Vauxhall/Opel was bought by Peugeot in 2017.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #747 on: February 10, 2019, 05:03:05 pm »
As much as Giggs was a c**t for everything he did, that advert is absolutely shameful. I find it disgusting. I have no love for Ryan Giggs but the brother should be embarrassed by that.

Why?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: February 10, 2019, 05:10:38 pm »
Why?

Because it is completely crass. He sold any dignity he had off the back of that. Bringing it into the public domain again, taking cheap shots at his brother and making himself look like a tit. For money.

Doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: February 10, 2019, 05:47:22 pm »
Because it is completely crass. He sold any dignity he had off the back of that. Bringing it into the public domain again, taking cheap shots at his brother and making himself look like a tit. For money.

Doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Saw it for the first time today and thought it was quite funny. My own attitude is that If he makes a bit of money off the back of his scumbag brother and he's OK with that, then fair play to him.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #750 on: February 10, 2019, 05:48:35 pm »
I don't know if any of you noticed, but when Rhodri walks into the boozer, there's a craft ale poster behind the barmaid. The name of the ale is "Wandering Cock".

#paddypowerbanter
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: February 10, 2019, 06:36:39 pm »
I don't know if any of you noticed, but when Rhodri walks into the boozer, there's a craft ale poster behind the barmaid. The name of the ale is "Wandering Cock".

#paddypowerbanter

And the newspaper headline. The Tiki Bar thing. The milk.

It’s just too much IMO. I hope he doesn’t have children with that woman.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: February 10, 2019, 07:02:09 pm »
And the newspaper headline. The Tiki Bar thing. The milk.

Probably his brothers anyway.

I doubt you can get any lower than finding out that for 8 years she was cheating on you with your brother.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #753 on: February 10, 2019, 07:02:35 pm »
....it made me chuckle
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #754 on: February 10, 2019, 08:06:20 pm »

I recognize her face. Wasn't she in Dream team? The show from years ago on Sky 1?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #755 on: February 10, 2019, 08:07:44 pm »
....it made me chuckle

I can see the funny side of it, but because its Paddy Power I have to dislike it

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #756 on: February 11, 2019, 07:33:11 am »
The music to that new Apple Ipad advert and the constant Jeff Stelling SkyBet adverts.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2019, 03:26:51 pm »
I hate that ad for Audible with the Orangutan. I don't know what it is exactly, but they have millions of lines to choose from, and the one they've went with grates on me. Every. Single. Time.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Online ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2019, 04:33:11 pm »
The Paddy Power ad is one of the funniest that's ever been made. Top class. Fair play to Rhodri for doing it as well, Ryan Giggs is a massive c*nt who deserves all the shit in the world thrown at him

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2019, 04:35:24 pm »
The Paddy Power ad is one of the funniest that's ever been made. Top class. Fair play to Rhodri for doing it as well, Ryan Giggs is a massive c*nt who deserves all the shit in the world thrown at him

Paddy Power is one of the most irritating ads going, & bookmaker ads are irritating enough as it is. :butt
#Sausages