Author Topic: FA Cup: Liverpool 1 v Shrewsbury 0 Williams (OG) 75'  (Read 45351 times)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FA Cup: Liverpool 1 v Shrewsbury 0 Williams (OG) 75'
« Reply #640 on: February 5, 2020, 03:56:39 pm »
Well done boys, truly magnificent.
Believer

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #641 on: February 5, 2020, 03:57:02 pm »
One thing we need to remember about Van Den Berg is his age. In that position he’s going to look bad at times. I don’t think it has much to do with where the game is played or his level of ability simply how young and lacking in experience. Some players mature at different rates and points in their life.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #642 on: February 5, 2020, 03:58:01 pm »
I was in the Kop for a change last night. Was good fun.

Kopites are still gobshites though :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #643 on: February 5, 2020, 04:00:00 pm »
Brilliant performance from the lads and got the result they deserved. The crowd really got behind them too which was great - even when they made the odd mistake....very pleasing that. Perhaps it was because some of the 'regulars' were missing  ;)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #644 on: February 5, 2020, 04:00:10 pm »
I was in the Kop for a change last night. Was good fun.

Kopites are still gobshites though :)

Was it still standing all game like it has been lately?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #645 on: February 5, 2020, 04:03:03 pm »
Yep.......the fella next to me had his very young lad with him, who stood on his seat all game !

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 5, 2020, 04:08:16 pm »
The intersting dilemma I see is if we go and win the damned thing then sharing out the medals would be a nightmare!  :P

haha was discussing the same thing on the way home last night.

Id like to think anyone who was involved in any FA cup match that season got one.  I reckon it will be only be players in the Final squad though.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #647 on: February 5, 2020, 04:19:43 pm »
Any links to the full match replay? Surely LFCTV would have it and should replay it all at some point?

A few in the RAWK Audio/Video thread here, mate:-

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg17032679#msg17032679

and for LFCTV listings - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/lfctv
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #648 on: February 5, 2020, 04:20:12 pm »
Yep, I, and everyone around me, stood all game. No issues
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #649 on: February 5, 2020, 04:22:28 pm »
A few in the RAWK Audio/Video thread here, mate:-

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg17032679#msg17032679

and for LFCTV listings - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/lfctv
Brilliant, mate. Thanks

I'm not sure I knew that thread existed. I do now!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: February 5, 2020, 04:38:16 pm »
I think he's referring to the puns he made later in the day that maybe perceived as distasteful. Tomkins clearly intended it on the lighter side, but he did take a risk there.

Only because of what the blueshites were insinuating,he had license to go there after that imo.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #651 on: February 5, 2020, 04:44:54 pm »
Have to say I'm pretty disgusted with BBC/BT with the highlights package (I think they were identical). How can they not have the footage of the actual offside? We know it exists, it was posted earlier with broadcast graphics etc.

If they want VAR to be accepted by fans and teams, they need to make sure these decisions are shown properly.  All this has done is turn the debate back to this bullshit even though the decision was pretty clear cut :wanker
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #652 on: February 5, 2020, 04:47:50 pm »

Yeah
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Bobbyf9kungfu

• Main Stander
« Reply #653 on: February 5, 2020, 04:54:53 pm »
Williams and Jones look ready for the first team. Elliot looks like he could make it. The rest I’m not so sure maybe hoever. They were brilliant last night tho

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #654 on: February 5, 2020, 05:09:51 pm »
That was great - one of the more enjoyable games this season. And that's saying something. Too early to say for sure what will happen but hopefully most of those kids will have long and successful careers because they have clearly been superbly coached so far. Maybe some of them will become first team players for Liverpool in a few years. Jones and Williams already look like they could play in the Premier League regularly. Whatever happens, the best thing is they'll all remember last night long after they finish playing football. We really are the best run football club in the world at the moment.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: February 5, 2020, 05:18:35 pm »
Have to say I'm pretty disgusted with BBC/BT with the highlights package (I think they were identical). How can they not have the footage of the actual offside? We know it exists, it was posted earlier with broadcast graphics etc.

If they want VAR to be accepted by fans and teams, they need to make sure these decisions are shown properly.  All this has done is turn the debate back to this bullshit even though the decision was pretty clear cut :wanker

It does exist but it wasn't part of the match coverage.

Offline MrBooble

• Boys Pen
« Reply #656 on: February 5, 2020, 05:41:07 pm »
I went last night with my son. Fantastic turnout by the crowd and performance from the young lads. It was pleasing to see how consistent the philosophy is from senior to youth. Without doubt the most healthy I recall the club being in from a footballing perspective. Old enough to remember the 80s and the way the boys played last night, we couldn’t have asked for more. The bravery to play like they did was a joy especially as Shrewsbury seemed to freeze. Good luck to them though in their league one survival. Onwards and upwards for our lads.   :D

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #657 on: February 5, 2020, 06:09:08 pm »

Can't remember who posted the link but here it is:
https://streamable.com/2raz8

That has commentary and is from a proper feed, there really is no excuse not to show this footage. It was the main talking point of the match apart from the goal.

I would also blame VAR for not showing the infringement properly - I really think that the process should be transparent to ensure that everyone can understand and accept the decision.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: February 5, 2020, 06:15:23 pm »
It was a brilliant result because of the experience and confidence it will give the kid.
Not to mention the fact the whole tie has boiled so much english media and opposition fans piss, the country could run out of cystitis relief.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #659 on: February 5, 2020, 06:19:19 pm »

It shows it on the official LFC highlights - the frame is paused to show it properly, about 7 mins in.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 06:22:37 pm by Thepooloflife »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: February 5, 2020, 06:32:25 pm »
Can't remember who posted the link but here it is:
https://streamable.com/2raz8

That has commentary and is from a proper feed, there really is no excuse not to show this footage. It was the main talking point of the match apart from the goal.

I would also blame VAR for not showing the infringement properly - I really think that the process should be transparent to ensure that everyone can understand and accept the decision.

You're right and that was the feed I had   :lmao

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 5, 2020, 06:35:27 pm »
The magic of the FA Cup.   Probably the youngest ever side to win a 4th round tie. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #662 on: February 5, 2020, 06:36:56 pm »
haha was discussing the same thing on the way home last night.

Id like to think anyone who was involved in any FA cup match that season got one.  I reckon it will be only be players in the Final squad though.

Would be great if we won the treble and the second of our two buses was the U23s with the FA Cup while the seniors bus had the PL and CL.  Would be fantastic to let the kids go up the steps first to lift the FA Cup at Wembley too while the seniors stood on the pitch below applauding.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #663 on: February 5, 2020, 06:50:37 pm »

What? And ruin the narrative that VAR is ''helping Liverpool''. Best for them to leave it there and leave viewers believing Shrewsbury were hard done by.

All they are interested in is shit-stirring and controversy.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #664 on: February 5, 2020, 06:58:56 pm »
Congrats to the team, staff and fans in attendance on a great result and performance.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: February 5, 2020, 06:59:02 pm »

Is on the BBC website though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51380079
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #666 on: February 5, 2020, 07:03:39 pm »
Can see the likes of Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams, etc... saving our club an absolute fortune in the future yanno. Still won't stop the blerts on social media moaning that we're going to be left behind because we haven't spent 200m+ on the next big thing though. ::)
The next big thing is the 50m Kirkby complex.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: February 5, 2020, 07:39:52 pm »
My niece has just posted this on Facebook

They've conquered kindergarten,
They're never gonna stop,
Beaten Shrewsbury and the Blueshite
On jelly beans and lollipops.

Happy meals and Neil Critchley,
They still wear armbands in the pool.

These are Jurgen's students,
And Anfield is their school

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

[emoji23][emoji3060][emoji23][emoji3060]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #668 on: February 5, 2020, 07:57:47 pm »
Those kids pressed harder and faster than the first team.  Shrews couldn't deal with it.

14 corners to their 3
14 shots (4 og) to 4 shots (0)
70% possession

Half the Shrews needed oxygen afters.

The confidence of ours holding possession in their end at the death was staggering.

Superbly coached.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 08:01:40 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: February 5, 2020, 08:03:00 pm »
Just going to watch the game again.  I always see more when I'm relaxed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #670 on: February 5, 2020, 08:09:37 pm »
Is on the BBC website though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51380079
Yes but the clip of the offside and also the highlights video both do not show the infringement which is why tons of fans are complaining that they believe the goal was legitimate

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #671 on: February 5, 2020, 08:13:48 pm »
Yes but the clip of the offside and also the highlights video both do not show the infringement which is why tons of fans are complaining that they believe the goal was legitimate
Abso offside.

He was offside, ran onside but couldn't legally take the next touch.
Kill the humourless

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #672 on: February 5, 2020, 08:23:52 pm »
Williams and Jones look ready for the first team. Elliot looks like he could make it. The rest I’m not so sure maybe hoever. They were brilliant last night tho

I certainly think Jones is close and maybe williams but Elliot looks a long way off to me. Hopefully if/when we win the league there will be plenty of opportunity after to give some youngsters game time.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #673 on: February 5, 2020, 08:25:02 pm »
amazing stuff. but do not expect a full of u23 team against chelsea  ;D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #674 on: February 5, 2020, 08:28:07 pm »
I certainly think Jones is close and maybe williams but Elliot looks a long way off to me. Hopefully if/when we win the league there will be plenty of opportunity after to give some youngsters game time.

Definitely, Jones is almost ready

Elliott is a talent but has a long way to go yet. He’s so young so has time. We need to keep his feet on the ground

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #675 on: February 5, 2020, 08:32:57 pm »
Well done lads - I actually think we restored some of the magic of The FA Cup last night.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: February 5, 2020, 08:42:08 pm »
Definitely, Jones is almost ready

Elliott is a talent but has a long way to go yet. He’s so young so has time. We need to keep his feet on the ground

I agree. The reality is though if Elliott wants to make our first team anytime soon he would need to displace Mo Salah and I don't see that happening in the near future. We are currently the best team in the world with a lot of the best players in the world in our team. So if one of those youngsters earns himself a permanent 1st team spot at some point in the future then he has done an absolutely amazing job. I honestly think most of them will end up somewhere else.

Jones looks like he might have opportunities to get time on the pitch but currently there is Henderson, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, lallana and Milner all wanting a midfield spot. As I said before the best thing that could happen is we win the league early and some youngsters get a run of first team games. Jones looks the most likely in that respect. Though I think Chirivella has looked good as well and might also have a chance.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: February 5, 2020, 08:43:33 pm »
Elliott is 16 for fuck sakes. Why the "concern" that he's not ready just yet?  ;D

Online Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: February 5, 2020, 08:45:42 pm »
Elliott is 16 for fuck sakes. Why the "concern" that he's not ready just yet?  ;D

I am not concerned at all. Was just responding to another post. :)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: February 5, 2020, 09:57:56 pm »

Meh.  Michael Owen was banging them away for fun when he was 17. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art