Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 186962 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Skybet Championship 2019/20 Season Thread
« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2020, 04:16:15 pm »
Be great to see Brentford up especially with the new stadium on the way.

Mixed feelings about the new stadium. It looks a bit generic and because they’re sharing it with London Irish rugby it’s not very personalised. Will be a same to leave an old stadium with a bit of character (ie. a bit of a shithole!). Hopefully it benefits them in the long run but they’ll keep selling their best player of their valuations are met I think.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #321 on: June 23, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »
So who's this kid who bagged a hat trick for Derby the other day, is he highly rated or has he popped up out of nowhere?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2020, 04:29:22 pm »
Mixed feelings about the new stadium. It looks a bit generic and because they’re sharing it with London Irish rugby it’s not very personalised. Will be a same to leave an old stadium with a bit of character (ie. a bit of a shithole!). Hopefully it benefits them in the long run but they’ll keep selling their best player of their valuations are met I think.

Yep Griffin Park has that 4 pubs on each corner, the new stadium is not that far away[less than a mile], but looks like the generic stadiums though.
#Sausages

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #323 on: June 23, 2020, 07:43:29 pm »

I didn't know much about the rugby side of it to be honest mate. And yeah defo sad to see Griffin Park fade away when it does given the history there.
They have been a team who've played good footy for a few years now and I think they'd be a great addition to the prem.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: June 23, 2020, 07:50:46 pm »
I wouldn’t really call the new Brentford stadium generic. It’s squeezed into a relatively small space leading to different size stands. It looks quite different to me. Generic is Southampton, Leicester , derby bowl etc..

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #325 on: June 23, 2020, 08:53:33 pm »
I wouldn’t really call the new Brentford stadium generic. It’s squeezed into a relatively small space leading to different size stands. It looks quite different to me. Generic is Southampton, Leicester , derby bowl etc..

Fair enough. I don’t like the way they odd coloured seats though. Think it’s an Aussie cricket ground trick that makes it look fuller on TV than it actually is. I know a few season ticket holders and I’ve been to about 5 games a season for the last couple of years so will definitely see what it’s like. Assuming it opens on time it’s a real shame they won’t have a final game for the fans at Griffin Park though.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 23, 2020, 10:13:17 pm »
Oh no, Colin Wanker returns once again!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53149667

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2020, 05:26:30 pm »
Oh no, Colin Wanker returns once again!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53149667
The unflushable turd.

Leeds fans have been paying £25 to stick a cardboard cutout of themselves in the stands.
One fan therefore spent £25 putting a well-known Arsenal fan's head in the crowd.

;D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2020, 01:07:28 pm »
Massive games tonight and tomorrow. Brentford vs West Brom and Leeds vs Fulham.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2020, 08:13:07 pm »
Just tuned in to Brentford West Brom. Brentford so far looks pretty good and are up through Watkins. Definitely wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into one of the automatic promotion places.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2020, 09:44:54 pm »
What's the injury affecting Sergio Canos atm? Don't think he's played for Brentford for a while now.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2020, 09:51:50 pm »
What's the injury affecting Sergio Canos atm? Don't think he's played for Brentford for a while now.

Serious knee injury suffered back in October.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2020, 09:55:20 pm »
Ah, thought it must be long term, as hadn't seen him for so long.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2020, 10:01:58 pm »

He had a bad injury before Christmas, hasn’t played since I don’t think. Think he might be back in training though. Not sure where he’ll play when he comes back. When they played three at the back he ended up playing as a wing back but he can also play as a wide forward but they have a bit of depth there now.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2020, 10:55:31 pm »
Up the Bees
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »
Thought there was a real crowd at Elland Road there briefly. Good job
bollocks

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2020, 04:31:50 pm »
Leeds seemed to have learnt their lesson from last year.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2020, 04:34:29 pm »
Would like to see Forest back up with Leeds

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2020, 04:34:33 pm »
Mitrovic retrospective three game ban incoming for Fulham for that elbow the ref missed.

3-0 Leeds.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2020, 04:54:21 pm »
This is by far the hardest game on paper for Leeds - they face 4 of the bottom 7 in the remaining fixtures.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2020, 05:01:13 pm »
Not even Leeds should be able to blow this opportunity now. Hope they come back up, having Leeds and Bielsa in the Premier League would be great.

Ben White lives up to all of the hype around him, he's been outstanding every time I've seen him play.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 30, 2020, 06:26:45 pm »
Brentford winning again. Fulham about to kick off. Leeds play later.

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #343 on: June 30, 2020, 07:51:22 pm »
Brentford 2-0 up with a few minutes left, looking like they're going 2 points behind West Brom who play at Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow.
#Sausages

Online Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #344 on: June 30, 2020, 07:56:02 pm »
Brentford make it 3-0 in injury time, going to go 2 points behind West Brom with the better GD too.
#Sausages

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2020, 08:01:37 pm »
I'd love to see Brentford in the Premier League next season - if they don't come up, they'll do very well to hold on to a few of their players.

They're an interesting club, one of the best examples of how to use analytics to recruit.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2020, 08:02:54 pm »
Brentford are fascinating. The way they use numbers is as good as any team in England. Most teams in the Championship would be crippled if they kept selling every summer, but they become even better for it.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2020, 08:03:03 pm »
Would love to see Brentford up. They play nice football. Also they are one of the few clubs in England that has really mastered football data and analytics to recruit players.

They really do pick up a lot of good players for peanuts and sell them to finance their rise. Compared to most other top teams in Championship their team costs very little and they lost Maupay and Konsa last season too. 

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2020, 08:36:24 pm »
Would love to see Brentford up. They play nice football. Also they are one of the few clubs in England that has really mastered football data and analytics to recruit players.

They really do pick up a lot of good players for peanuts and sell them to finance their rise. Compared to most other top teams in Championship their team costs very little and they lost Maupay and Konsa last season too. 

Lost a few other first teamers too. Sawyers to West Brom who was their captain I think. Plus their keeper Bentley, and a couple of defenders who were fairly regular last season. Usually seem to improve although they started the season quite slowly which is the only thing stopping t m from being in the top two now.

If they do go up it’ll be interesting to see if they decide to keep hold of everyone.

Online Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2020, 08:48:31 pm »
Leeds 0-0 at halftime in there match, seems Leeds are dominating possession but unable to break down Luton defence, hmmm where have i heard that before.
#Sausages

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2020, 09:02:47 pm »
Leeds 1-0 down at home to Luton...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2020, 09:17:46 pm »
1-1 now. They'll probably just about scrape it 2-1. What is it with them and absolutely always making it so difficult for themselves?  :o

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2020, 09:25:37 pm »
Didn't realise how much trouble Stoke are in, a point above the bottom three and 3-0 down to Wigan.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #353 on: June 30, 2020, 09:45:34 pm »
And they've fucked it at home against the bottom side in the league. A win would have taken them 8 points clear of 3rd placed Brentford with only 18 points left to play for which surely even they couldn't have bottled. Instead they're now 4 clear of WBA who have a game in hand and 6 clear of Brentford.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 30, 2020, 09:46:57 pm »
Wouldn't put it past Leeds to bottle it once again. Beat the third place team with ease but struggle against a team that'll probably be playing in League One next year

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #355 on: June 30, 2020, 09:47:45 pm »
Wouldn't put it past Leeds to bottle it once again

The Spurs of the Championship

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #356 on: June 30, 2020, 09:56:46 pm »
Wouldn't put it past Leeds to bottle it once again. Beat the third place team with ease but struggle against a team that'll probably be playing in League One next year

Brentford have the best GD in the league too which counts in their favour if they can catch either of the two above them.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 30, 2020, 09:59:55 pm »
Looking at the top six as it stands, I'd like to see Leeds, Brentford and Forest in the Premier League next season.

Shouldn't say it after what happened last year, but I can't see Leeds throwing promotion away this season, think they'll drag themselves over the line this time around. Bielsa managing them in the Premier League would be great to watch.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2020, 10:09:25 pm »
Looking at the top six as it stands, I'd like to see Leeds, Brentford and Forest in the Premier League next season.

Shouldn't say it after what happened last year, but I can't see Leeds throwing promotion away this season, think they'll drag themselves over the line this time around. Bielsa managing them in the Premier League would be great to watch.

Leeds have 4 points out of 9 and just drew with the bottom side. I think they will just do it but wouldn't shock me if they didnt.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2020, 10:18:31 pm »
Leeds have 4 points out of 9 and just drew with the bottom side. I think they will just do it but wouldn't shock me if they didnt.

I agree, it wouldn't surprise me if they collapse like they did last season.

I'd just like to see Bielsa manage in the Premier League and this might be the last chance for that to happen; can't see him sticking around for a third season if they don't get promoted.