Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 162709 times)

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #800 on: November 10, 2012, 09:18:36 pm »
WILL THIS EVER END?!?!?

Did I mention that the camera is cursed?

bollox to them then,,,have the camera back..pm me ..i might have it.looking for something for my sis for xmas

or tell em you live miles from a petrol station,cost of fuel,packaging,,shoe leather etc etc...in fairness postal overcharging pees mee off too
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:20:15 pm by planet--terror »
bollocks

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #801 on: November 10, 2012, 09:45:58 pm »
The charge is for postage and packing. You had to pay for the box, packing materials, petrol to go to the post office, plus the time it took. So tell him to do one.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: November 10, 2012, 09:47:34 pm »
bollox to them then,,,have the camera back..pm me ..i might have it.looking for something for my sis for xmas

or tell em you live miles from a petrol station,cost of fuel,packaging,,shoe leather etc etc...in fairness postal overcharging pees mee off too

I've not heard anything back since my response. My wife (whose ebay account it is) contacted someone at ebay to check our rights and they said that as the postage charge is clearly shown we are not obliged to give any refund.

If they do end up sending it back I'll PM you, though I think its probably unlikely thinking about it, considering its for a matter of £7. Never know though.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #803 on: November 10, 2012, 10:51:56 pm »
I've not heard anything back since my response. My wife (whose ebay account it is) contacted someone at ebay to check our rights and they said that as the postage charge is clearly shown we are not obliged to give any refund.

If they do end up sending it back I'll PM you, though I think its probably unlikely thinking about it, considering its for a matter of £7. Never know though.
Dont worry about postage cost. As long it said £15 in the auction when they bought it then they were happy to pay it. Anything else is a no-brainer
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: November 12, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »
Dont worry about postage cost. As long it said £15 in the auction when they bought it then they were happy to pay it. Anything else is a no-brainer

You'd think so wouldn't you? But he/she is still going on about it, and has said that if I don't refund him £7.50 they'll take it to eBay. Which doesn't bother me, we've already spoken to them and as mentioned above they said as it was clearly displayed on the listing we don't have to pay anything back.

As I've just pointed out in my final direct response (not communicating any further with him/her), we advertised it as £15 for First Class Recorded Delivery. We sent it First Class Recorded Delivery. They said in their first message the camera was as described, therefore they got the product and service exactly as advertised. By placing the winning bid and subsequently paying for the item they have accepted all charges.

I also (possibly wrongly) pointed out that the camera didn't go and get the box from the attic itself (almost breaking its arm (if it had one) in the process) (I didn't mention that bit), it didn't wrap itself in bubble wrap and climb into a box, the box didn't wrap itself in a plastic protective bag, or write and stick a label on it, and neither did it take itself off to the post office. All of this is part of the postage and packing process, and takes time.

I'm now awaiting their next response.

It doesn't bother me, I can argue it all day with them, and although its only £7.50 I refuse to give them the refund, especially taking into account the low price they paid for the camera. And besides, how many times do you see something advertised online, for example on Amazon, where an item is priced at a ridiculously low price (for example an SD card at 28p), but postage is around £5+? Do people like this complainant really think they are making less than 28p in profit? No, they'll send it first (possibly even second) class in a normal envelope at a maximum cost of about 60p. I wonder if they'd complain to them as well and ask for their money back?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: November 12, 2012, 01:48:50 pm »
And on the plus side you have their address.

just in case like  ;)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: November 12, 2012, 02:02:34 pm »
And on the plus side you have their address.

just in case like  ;)

That's true.

Right RAWK Mafia - the address is....  ;)

Apparently the wife has now blocked him on ebays advice, and they've also said he wouldn't be able to open a case just for postage. So hopefully that's the matter finished with.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:04:11 pm by damian »

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: November 12, 2012, 02:13:21 pm »
that's the matter finished with.

have you had feedback?
bollocks

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: November 12, 2012, 02:14:46 pm »
have you had feedback?

Not yet (that I know of), apparently according to the wife people can't give negative feedback, not sure how true this is (seems kind of pointless if you can only give positive feedback, but situations like this would be a good reason not to allow it).

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #809 on: November 12, 2012, 04:22:33 pm »
Sellers can't give negative feedback to a buyer who paid promptly, or via paypal etc. I don't think.

Buyers can give negative though.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:54 pm »
yes buyers can give negative feedback,,going by your luck on this sale,id be expecting a red!!!!!!!!!

you can ask for it to be rescinded
bollocks

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #811 on: November 12, 2012, 06:22:47 pm »
yes buyers can give negative feedback,,going by your luck on this sale,id be expecting a red!!!!!!!!!

you can ask for it to be rescinded
But nowadays, It just means you ask the Buyer to change their feedback, Ebay have little control over it mate. I sold a motherboard as faulty last year, yet they gave negative feedback because it was faulty (idiot) and Ebay couldn't do anything and even though it has been at least 3-4 months over a year, my negative % is still not 100% :/

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: November 12, 2012, 07:09:57 pm »
Is it possible to respond to feedback? At least then if he does leave feedback we can say that the product and service were as described and eBay agreed with this.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »
But nowadays, It just means you ask the Buyer to change their feedback, Ebay have little control over it mate. I sold a motherboard as faulty last year, yet they gave negative feedback because it was faulty (idiot) and Ebay couldn't do anything and even though it has been at least 3-4 months over a year, my negative % is still not 100% :/

yes ,,this is a more accurate summary of the feedback system ,

Is it possible to respond to feedback? At least then if he does leave feedback we can say that the product and service were as described and eBay agreed with this.
yes you can respond ..
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PersonalizedFeedbackLogin
bollocks

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: November 12, 2012, 09:07:47 pm »
yes ,,this is a more accurate summary of the feedback system ,
yes you can respond ..
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PersonalizedFeedbackLogin

Excellent, thanks, will keep an eye out.

Not received any yet from this guy though.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: November 16, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »
bollocks

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: November 16, 2012, 09:35:52 pm »
hadnt seen this before.

http://spd.ebay.co.uk/RBASellerHub?query=1562

Thanks - hadn't seen that myself, though the wife has just said she's already reported him through it (she knows more about it than me :)). Apparently another guy she spoke to who had the same problem with the same buyer (until he advised him he was a police officer) has also used it to report him.

We've not heard anything from him since my last email in which I basically told him I wouldn't be communicating with him again directly, he received the product and service as advertised and if he feels he has a case he should report us to ebay. Obviously he knows he doesn't have a case so has I assume has given in and moved onto his next seller.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: December 5, 2012, 01:28:32 pm »
Going to be selling my 9 month old iPhone 4S Black 16GB this week if anybody is interested.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: December 5, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »
Going to be selling my 9 month old iPhone 4S Black 16GB this week if anybody is interested.
Locked? How much?

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: December 5, 2012, 04:36:42 pm »
Bought an iPhone 5 last Monday, still haven't received it. Email after email. Replied on Thursday saying he's sending it first thing in the morning recorded delivery but still not received. Opened a case on Paypal, hopefully get my money back. Also noticed their feedback, someone else has left them a neg feedback for the same item and also has a history of slow postage and 0 communication.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: December 5, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »
Bought an iPhone 5 last Monday, still haven't received it. Email after email. Replied on Thursday saying he's sending it first thing in the morning recorded delivery but still not received. Opened a case on Paypal, hopefully get my money back. Also noticed their feedback, someone else has left them a neg feedback for the same item and also has a history of slow postage and 0 communication.

theres a lesson in there somewhere
bollocks

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: December 5, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »
Locked? How much?

Yeah, Vodafone.

It's got 3 months warranty left and is immaculate on screen and back. Looking for around 300.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #823 on: December 6, 2012, 01:24:03 am »
Hahahaha boss.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: December 6, 2012, 09:11:27 am »
Yeah, Vodafone.

It's got 3 months warranty left and is immaculate on screen and back. Looking for around 300.
Ah decent price, wouldve bought it off you but I'm on o2 unfortunately

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: December 6, 2012, 10:55:54 am »
Just thought I'd give it a go in here before I put it on Ebay. Got an iPhone 4 16BG for sale if anyones interested? On o2, no box but comes with charger and protective case. All working, has a little crack on back though. PM if interested.

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #827 on: December 18, 2012, 01:09:42 pm »
Got 6 football shirts for sale on eBay currently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/brad147690/m.html?item=281038858483&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

The Bochum one looks like something the retro hipster kids would pick out of the charity shop nowadays. No offence. :)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: December 18, 2012, 01:20:01 pm »
I bought it before off eBay just because I'd never seen a football shirt like it before. Never wore it out though and decided now I'd rather get some money for it than just having it sitting in my wardrobe.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: December 22, 2012, 01:28:46 pm »
Bought an iPhone 5 on Tuesday morning, in the hope that he'd send it out that day and would arrive the next morning (said he's sending Royal Mail Next Day). No reply until the evening of Wednesday saying he sent it but was a bit late for next day so I should receive it on Friday. It's now Saturday and still hasn't arrived.

Can I claim a partial refund for the bad service? I paid £8 for a next day delivery and was expecting it by Wednesday or Thursday latest. And he hasn't replied to any emails. Do I have a case?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #830 on: December 22, 2012, 01:59:15 pm »
Request the tracking number (a next day delivery would have this) and see when it was sent out and what service he used. It may just be xmas deliveries which can take longer.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: December 22, 2012, 02:04:54 pm »
Request the tracking number (a next day delivery would have this) and see when it was sent out and what service he used. It may just be xmas deliveries which can take longer.
I've asked for it three times now, no reply. Not sure what to do. If he did send it on that date then fair enough. If it shows up and it's not a next day delivery, can I claim for a refund on postage?

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:28 pm »
Flogging this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330861801040

Make a well flash MP3/MP4 player for a kid.

Bought from Gadget Tree to use on the train or away from home, has always worked well as a video player or MP3 player or for playing the strange collection of flash games included.  I think the second picture shows how well the HDMI out works, that was showing an HD recording running into my TV. The mini HDMI cable is also included.  The touchscreen is resistive NOT capacitive, and is probably the weakest feature as it can be a little unresponsive.  The player hasn't been hammered and comes with two cases I used to protect it.  In very good condition, screen has always been protected by a screen protector.  Original box is missing.Charges from USB cable, provided.  No mains adaptor or earphones supplied.  Original box is missing but will be packaged safely.

I'm selling because I've got a tablet for my train trips and want to get a Raspberry pi.

Product page here:
http://www.mygadgettree.co.uk/blog/mp4mp5-player-playeasy-430hd-stock/

Two honest reviews here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B006ICH6BK

Here's a quote from one of them:

I was doubtful about the device's ability to play all the video formats there are so I prepared a selection of about 10 ranging from HD to low definition cheap phone 3gp and Sony PSP MP4 - It played them all without conversion including standard PAL Mpg format. There are hundreds of formats available so I can't test them all.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: January 23, 2013, 04:35:35 pm »
I am thinking on using my account again. I have got about 80% feedback after I had a disagreement with a woman. I sent the item yet she started complaining when the item didnt turn up, turns out that she did not pick up the item from her local PO. She then had the cheek to give me negative feedback, I thought 'well thats me buggered, wont be able to sell again as people wont trust me'. Anyone have an insight on wether ill have to start a new account or just carry on this one ?

Offline Convectuoso

• Kopite
  • RUM HAM!!!! I'm Sorry!!!!
« Reply #834 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:34 pm »
I'd carry on with the same account mate as the negative feedback only lasts for 12 months. I've had similar experiences on ebay, there's far too many gobshites ready to leave negative feedback than work out the problem.
Later dudes, S you in your A's Don't wear a C and J all over your B's

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2013, 06:34:37 am »
I'd carry on with the same account mate as the negative feedback only lasts for 12 months. I've had similar experiences on ebay, there's far too many gobshites ready to leave negative feedback than work out the problem.
I got negative feedback over 18 months ago and it still shows in my percentage :/

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: January 24, 2013, 01:11:07 pm »
Negative feedback stays for quite a while to be honest. You can reply to the negative feedback, explaining that item was sent but the buyer failed to pick up from local PO.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:21:03 am by Joey C »

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:49 pm »
I sold a job lot of Lego before Christmas for £103. Sent it off via yodel and received a tracking number which when i checked on yodel website said it had been delivered on dec 21st. I get a message after Christmas from the buyer saying he still not received it. I check with yodel who said it was delivered to the correct address and was signed for by a mr smith ( the buyer) but have offered no proof of this.
Now he has opened a case against me asking for a refund and saying I need to chase yodel for the money. Is this my responsibility?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #838 on: January 29, 2013, 12:19:04 pm »
Anyone want an £10 Amazon MP3 or £50 Debenhams voucher?
:D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #839 on: January 29, 2013, 12:21:32 pm »
Anyone want an £10 Amazon MP3 or £50 Debenhams voucher?

For free?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.