Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 669248 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #7080 on: January 14, 2021, 12:19:33 am »
Micah Richards has to be the thickest pundit in the history of this program. Hands down. No disputing it.

He's just said that we need to see more tackles like Shaw's leg breaker. I shouldn't be seething, but I am. These c*nts are going out of their way to peddle an agenda because United are top of the table. We lost two players to two disgusting tackles, one similar to Shaw's horror tackle, yet this Pokamon-headed dickead thinks tackles like that are sound.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Alan shearer explaining Attackers playing off the shoulder in his Ford Orion. I watched Robbie Earle try to explain 3-5-2 at Ashton Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like a Saturday morning Bobby Charlton TV football skills program. Time to die.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7081 on: January 14, 2021, 12:22:56 am »
LOL and of course they completely glossed over an obvious red card with a disgusting ankle snapper in the Newcastle game. Of course they did, cause Micah loves a leg snapper. Didn't want to bring it up so the tosser could contradict himself. Stealing a living. Absolute fraud.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #7082 on: January 17, 2021, 11:21:21 pm »
Shearer thought united were the better team in the 2nd half 😂

They had the better chances on the counter

But the better team?? They didn’t have the fucking ball
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #7083 on: January 17, 2021, 11:26:53 pm »

They had 2 chances blasted straight at the keeper. Had we done the same Shearer would’ve been telling the world that our forwards were off form
Believer

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7084 on: January 17, 2021, 11:38:17 pm »

He talked like it was their masterplan all along. If he's saying they came to play football, but failed at it because they're shite and couldn't get a touch for 65 minutes, then, yeah, I agree.

Offline Philanthropist

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7085 on: January 17, 2021, 11:56:06 pm »
Won't be watching tonight.  :(

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #7086 on: January 18, 2021, 02:11:42 pm »
Alan Erm Shearer said that the Mancs didn't park the bus and didn't come to defend....he then said motm was Luke Shaw, who is a fullback I believe?

Well he didn't...he said "United didn't erm go to erm defend, erm defend, they were the erm best team in the second erm half and deserved erm to deserved erm to win".  The most inarticulate twat on the telly who struggles to string a sentence together, a trait which camouflages the fact that he talks utter cack and contradicts himself sometimes in the same session.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7087 on: January 18, 2021, 03:56:33 pm »
I love how the second half is the be-all and end-all. Like the first 45 minutes don't count. We absolutely bossed them in the first half and the second half was a little bit close. Erm fuck off Alan Shearer.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #7088 on: January 18, 2021, 04:01:01 pm »
I love how the second half is the be-all and end-all. Like the first 45 minutes don't count. We absolutely bossed them in the first half and the second half was a little bit close. Erm fuck off Alan Shearer.

I erm I  fucking agree.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7089 on: January 18, 2021, 04:09:58 pm »
MOTD used to be part of Saturday night ritual for me. I'd try to avoid the scores through the day and record it. When the kids then the missus had gone to bed, I'd have a smoke then watch it with a couple of beers. Did that for years, when Hansen and Lawro were the main pundits - Shearer wasn't that bad back then (Murphy was always a contrarian shit with an axe to grind against us)

These days I hardly ever watch anything of it but our game (if I've not been able to watch it live) and most times I'll switch it off before the analysing is done because they talk bollocks half the time when it comes to us.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7090 on: January 18, 2021, 04:19:18 pm »
I posted in the match thread about inadvertently hearing the news on Absolute Radio last night, along with a sports update from Sly Sports, and it was basically Goebbels style propaganda, Liverpool lucky to get a draw/only one winner/interview from Gollum stating his disappointment at only a point etc etc etc, not a single word about Liverpool, the shocking one sided refereeing, just state sponsored Manc fanfare, fucking nauseating to be honest, and I can only imagine the circle jerk on MOTD, which I haven't watched in years anyway.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7091 on: January 31, 2021, 11:02:09 pm »
Only showed a few passes before Ginis goal.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #7092 on: January 31, 2021, 11:12:59 pm »
Watched it for the first time in a long time just to gauge the temperature over at Salford Quays. Wasn't disappointed. Very underwhelming as I suspected. 'Wasn't really a 33 move goal as Declan Rice got a deflection...' or something like that was particularly smarmy from 'Chappers'. What a twat he is. Man of the people is 'Chappers' you can tell by his nickname. Call me 'Chappers'. like I'm everybody's mate. Okay, FUCK OFF, Chappers...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 11:16:45 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7093 on: January 31, 2021, 11:13:17 pm »
Should get Eddie Howe on more.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #7094 on: January 31, 2021, 11:14:42 pm »
Absolutely butchered the analysis of that game. Our midfield bossed the first half, and nullified West Ham's attack more or less completely, while working out the spaces to attack which we did with aplomb in that second half. And they lead with how well West Ham defended in the first half?!

Unreal that they didn't show all the build up play to Gini's goal. They'd have waxed lyrical were it a Manc goal.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #7095 on: January 31, 2021, 11:16:04 pm »
Micah Richards bursts out laughing at everthing

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #7096 on: January 31, 2021, 11:16:14 pm »
Should get Eddie Howe on more.
Yep. Insightful and comes at the game from a viewpoint of tactics and management, not just laughing really loudly for bantz, a la Micah Richards.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7097 on: January 31, 2021, 11:19:37 pm »
Micah Richards bursts out laughing at everthing

Reminds me of somebody.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7098 on: January 31, 2021, 11:23:06 pm »
How come some of these pundits turn up on everything? At least if they were contracted to one channel you have a chance of avoiding them more easily. Richard's makes my head hurt.
At least Eddie Howe was a welcome change.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7099 on: January 31, 2021, 11:23:29 pm »
Steve Wilson's commentary for those beautiful goals was predictably fucking abysmal...

I like the cut of Eddie Howe's jib ....has the makings of that rarest of beasts - an eloquent, likeable, knowledgable pundit

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #7100 on: January 31, 2021, 11:33:02 pm »
Watched it for the first time in a long time just to gauge the temperature over at Salford Quays. Wasn't disappointed. Very underwhelming as I suspected. 'Wasn't really a 33 move goal as Declan Rice got a deflection...' or something like that was particularly smarmy from 'Chappers'. What a twat he is. Man of the people is 'Chappers' you can tell by his nickname. Call me 'Chappers'. like I'm everybody's mate. Okay, FUCK OFF, Chappers...
;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7101 on: January 31, 2021, 11:36:09 pm »

I think he’s pretty decent. Sorry!

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7102 on: January 31, 2021, 11:38:21 pm »
Surprised ( maybe not) that nobody mentioned Tottenham’s abysmal performance lay in part to them still recovering from having been ripped to shreds on Thursday night.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7103 on: January 31, 2021, 11:39:59 pm »

Apart from the stuff that happened with John Lennon right?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online stjohns

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7104 on: January 31, 2021, 11:42:04 pm »

Agree. I reckon he’s OK. A minor witticism after having to listen to Richards for any time at all.

Online stjohns

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7105 on: January 31, 2021, 11:49:02 pm »
Apart from the stuff that happened with John Lennon right?

That, Hazel, is pretty fucking sick. If you don’t mind me saying so.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7106 on: January 31, 2021, 11:56:04 pm »

Oh, Nick, Nicky, 'Nickers', that's what he wants you to think. 'Chappers', 'Chappers', 'Chappers'...and 'Sav', 'Chappers' and 'Sav', 'Chappers' and 'Sav'.... 'Hendo', 'Millie', 'Robbo', Any nickname that ends in 'ers' is just Tory, mate  :wave

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #7107 on: January 31, 2021, 11:56:45 pm »

He's another die hard Man Utd fan. He enjoyed telling everyone it wasn't a 33 pass goal far too much. You could tell it bothered him that it was such a sublime goal and he had to try and take the shine off it. Almost trying to say the build up counts for nothing as it nicked a defender in the box.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #7108 on: February 1, 2021, 12:01:57 am »
I actually think Mark Chapman is one of the best sports broadcasters/presenters around. Knowledgable, professional, gets the best out of his guests and doesn’t seem to wear his Utd allegiances on his sleeve (unlike some).  He’s praised Liverpool loads over the past few seasons, and even if it was through gritted teeth, it didn’t come across as anything other than genuine.

Just my opinion  :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7109 on: February 1, 2021, 12:20:26 am »
Oh, Nick, Nicky, 'Nickers', that's what he wants you to think. 'Chappers', 'Chappers', 'Chappers'...and 'Sav', 'Chappers' and 'Sav', 'Chappers' and 'Sav'.... 'Hendo', 'Millie', 'Robbo', Any nickname that ends in 'ers' is just Tory, mate  :wave

I’m sure he doesn’t give a fuck what I think. :D

You do know all those other nicknames you listed don’t end in ‘ers’? Or is that the point because he’s the only massive Tory?

He's another die hard Man Utd fan. He enjoyed telling everyone it wasn't a 33 pass goal far too much. You could tell it bothered him that it was such a sublime goal and he had to try and take the shine off it. Almost trying to say the build up counts for nothing as it nicked a defender in the box.

I’d say that’s a fairly tin foil hatted view too if you don’t mind. He probably mentioned it because he knew there would be loads of comments about why didn’t we show it all and I doubt he personally edited the highlights. Probably didn’t need to say Rice got a touch at some point but I think you’re looking for things that aren’t there.

Anyway, watched us and we were great. And the Leicester v Leeds game looked fun too. Eddie Howe seems a good egg and Micah Richards is annoying but harmless and not vindictive like some pundits so that’s better than nothing.

I must be in a good mood tonight!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7110 on: February 1, 2021, 12:23:08 am »
I actually think Mark Chapman is one of the best sports broadcasters/presenters around. Knowledgable, professional, gets the best out of his guests and doesn’t seem to wear his Utd allegiances on his sleeve (unlike some).  He’s praised Liverpool loads over the past few seasons, and even if it was through gritted teeth, it didn’t come across as anything other than genuine.

Just my opinion  :D

And by jingo you're entitled to it, Igor  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7111 on: February 1, 2021, 12:30:43 am »
I’m sure he doesn’t give a fuck what I think. :D

You do know all those other nicknames you listed don’t end in ‘ers’? Or is that the point because he’s the only massive Tory?

I’d say that’s a fairly tin foil hatted view too if you don’t mind. He probably mentioned it because he knew there would be loads of comments about why didn’t we show it all and I doubt he personally edited the highlights. Probably didn’t need to say Rice got a touch at some point but I think you’re looking for things that aren’t there.

Anyway, watched us and we were great. And the Leicester v Leeds game looked fun too. Eddie Howe seems a good egg and Micah Richards is annoying but harmless and not vindictive like some pundits so that’s better than nothing.

I must be in a good mood tonight!

I think you're in a foul mood, Nick and if I'd known you and 'Chappers' were bosom buddies I'd have kept schtum and just died a little inside. Forgive me and I apologise to 'Chappers' too x

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7112 on: February 1, 2021, 06:29:00 pm »
Radio 5 commenatator was very complimentary of our goal. And Clinton Morrison who normally seems pointless was singing the praises. (In between saying everyone looked sharp. I swear he was being paid by the number of times he used that word)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7113 on: February 1, 2021, 06:32:20 pm »
How come some of these pundits turn up on everything? At least if they were contracted to one channel you have a chance of avoiding them more easily. Richard's makes my head hurt.
At least Eddie Howe was a welcome change.

I think there's an agent or two that are very hard-working as you definitely see a few of these pundits on so many shows, regardless of their inability to actually deliver anything approaching an insightful comment per show.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7114 on: February 1, 2021, 06:43:30 pm »

It was strange, the commentator was still talking about Salah scoring his second in the build up to Ginis goal.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7115 on: February 1, 2021, 09:05:02 pm »
Micah Richards has to be the thickest pundit in the history of this program. Hands down. No disputing it.

He's just come out with a ludicrously early shout about our new signing too:

He is decent on the ball and can see a pass. It's a great opportunity and good to see a young British talent get a chance. Who knows, if he does well at Liverpool there's not too many left-sided defenders for England.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7116 on: February 1, 2021, 09:41:02 pm »
Radio 5 commenatator was very complimentary of our goal. And Clinton Morrison who normally seems pointless was singing the praises. (In between saying everyone looked sharp. I swear he was being paid by the number of times he used that word)
Clinton Morrison was hilariously downbeat when we played Spurs and Kane went off at half-time.  How will poor little Spurs ever get back into the game when they only have Son, Bergwijn, Bale, Lamela, Vinicius and Moura as attacking options?!  It seemed lost on him that the only one of our four first choice central defensive players that was available had also gone off at half-time.

I work with someone who knows Morrison fairly well as their sons play for the same youth team and he says he's a really down to earth and nice guy.  Doesn't stop him being a terrible pundit.

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
« Reply #7117 on: February 1, 2021, 09:49:59 pm »
Clinton Morrison was hilariously downbeat when we played Spurs and Kane went off at half-time.  How will poor little Spurs ever get back into the game when they only have Son, Bergwijn, Bale, Lamela, Vinicius and Moura as attacking options?!  It seemed lost on him that the only one of our four first choice central defensive players that was available had also gone off at half-time.

I work with someone who knows Morrison fairly well as their sons play for the same youth team and he says he's a really down to earth and nice guy.  Doesn't stop him being a terrible pundit.
I don't mind him. Agree you don't get much insightful analysis from him but at least he has enthusiasm, you can tell he actually enjoys football, not like some of the miserable summarisers who sound like they'd rather be somewhere else.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7118 on: February 28, 2021, 12:15:49 am »
For once in agreement with Lineker, Jenas and Richards when they were discussing the Lee Mason Brighton debacle.

The game is being slowed down constantly and bitty free kicks are a main culprit - let the fouled side take more quick free kicks. Lineker even made the interesting suggestion of allowing tap free kicks from the kicker to himself like in rugby league.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #7119 on: February 28, 2021, 11:40:51 pm »
News from tonight; bale is back, fred is actually brilliant.