Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 669398 times)

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6960 on: November 22, 2020, 12:58:47 am »
ian wright on itv other night england game talking about foden says hope he doesn't disappoint like jack grealish, sure he meant Wilshire but no one pulled him up

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6961 on: November 22, 2020, 01:03:04 am »
Everything about David Coote's demeanour just screams "I'm a gigantic c**nt." Just want to punch his face in.
Yep.

Interesting question of determinism. Does being an insuperable thunderc*nt prick make you look like that, or does looking like that make you an almighty thunderc*nt prick?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:05:20 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6962 on: November 22, 2020, 01:15:11 am »
Yep.

Interesting question of determinism. Does being an insuperable thunderc*nt prick make you look like that, or does looking like that make you an almighty thunderc*nt prick?
Maybe thunderc*ntishness is innate and comes with a certain look. Who knows? I just want to see him one day walking down the street so I can knee him in the crotch.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #6963 on: November 22, 2020, 09:17:08 am »
I know a lot on here like Ian Wright but the guy offers literally no insight

Just spends the entire hour giggling and laughing at fuck all and making the most childish braindead jokes you’d have to be high as a kite to find funny

Micah Richards the same....'Oh he's a character' - Wright is also a professional 'character' (also works for the rag with shearer) 'Wirghty - oh he loves Engerland...Engerlunds bestest supporter' at internationals, 20 years of that on TV - mind boggling
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6964 on: November 22, 2020, 11:48:00 am »
Micah Richards the same....'Oh he's a character' - Wright is also a professional 'character' (also works for the rag with shearer) 'Wirghty - oh he loves Engerland...Engerlunds bestest supporter' at internationals, 20 years of that on TV - mind boggling

Oh God Absolutely

His loud howling at nothing is so obnoxious.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6965 on: November 22, 2020, 12:03:01 pm »
I like Ian Wright. Partly think it’s the Producers fault. When he talks about strikers he knows his stuff and he can be good. He’s spoken very well on things that are important to him. On the radio I’ve heard him be quite decent. Just in those post game segments on MOTD (the bulk of his job to be fair!), he can be a bit OTT and not really tell you anything.

I’m biased I think because he always speaks highly of us and Klopp these days. That goes a long way!

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6966 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »
I like Ian Wright. Partly think it’s the Producers fault. When he talks about strikers he knows his stuff and he can be good. He’s spoken very well on things that are important to him. On the radio I’ve heard him be quite decent. Just in those post game segments on MOTD (the bulk of his job to be fair!), he can be a bit OTT and not really tell you anything.

I’m biased I think because he always speaks highly of us and Klopp these days. That goes a long way!

I’m in a bigger minority that I thought, Nick, cos I’m with you. I’ve always liked Wrighty, though I’m prepared to admit he did himself no favours last night - all three presenters were inane and typically MOTD. And not to highlight the clear foul immediately before Utd.’s penalty award is unforgivable, and grist to the mill for conspiracy theorists.

There are very few media platforms these days where serious football matters are aired with serious, non political and courageous analysis. B.T and SKY are always searching for controversy and headlines, the Beeb are just so ‘safe’.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6967 on: November 22, 2020, 02:12:23 pm »

Wright isn't usually that bad, can come across as knowledgeable in certain aspects of the game, Richards is another matter, offers nothing to the show.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6968 on: November 22, 2020, 10:49:58 pm »
Watching again even though I saw the match live. I just love watching us play football.  ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6969 on: November 22, 2020, 10:57:59 pm »
Watching again even though I saw the match live. I just love watching us play football.  ;D
I'm assuming the BBC have edited it in their usual way?, by that I mean making a comfortable win look like a close game?

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #6970 on: November 22, 2020, 11:01:27 pm »
I'm assuming the BBC have edited it in their usual way?, by that I mean making a comfortable win look like a close game?

It’s all down to Leicester being bad 🙄 Obviously

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6971 on: November 22, 2020, 11:07:00 pm »
It’s all down to Leicester being bad 🙄 Obviously

They were just “too passive”. Nothing about us being amazing despite having 8 injured players

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6972 on: November 22, 2020, 11:37:50 pm »
Naaah... Even they're not talented enough to make Leicester from today look like they laid a glove on us. And I love that they mentioned David Coote and the Merseyside derby; they didn't buy the PGMOL's bullshit story about why the C*nt got redeployed elsewhere.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6973 on: November 23, 2020, 12:14:57 am »
the C*nt got redeployed elsewhere.
Yet he still managed to screw us over.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6974 on: November 23, 2020, 12:38:00 am »

'Match of the Day 2' : Sunday 22nd November:-

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2020/11/23/bbc-match-of-the-day-2-22-november-week-9 (we're on first :))

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6975 on: November 23, 2020, 03:24:21 am »
The bit I didn't understand was the Leicester xG. They had an xG above 1 but apart from the Barnes chance I can't really remember them having a meaningful chance.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6976 on: November 23, 2020, 07:21:32 am »
Perhaps they were counting those chances that came from the free kick to Vardy? They had 3 efforts on goal right there, however VAR would have called it back for the obvious offside on Vardy?  Not sure how they calculate it to be honest.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6977 on: November 23, 2020, 09:02:22 am »
Yea from that set piece vardy had an xg of 0.66, and Barnes had an xg of 0.53, so that brings it down to a lot more realistic 0.79

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #6978 on: November 23, 2020, 09:21:09 am »
The bit I didn't understand was the Leicester xG. They had an xG above 1 but apart from the Barnes chance I can't really remember them having a meaningful chance.
Barnes floated one over, Alison saved from Vardy & Thielemans, they got a header from a corner. Probably all makes about 1.

No idea how ours was so low though. 3 goals, 3 posts, 2 clearance off the line (which were actually pretty impressive from a defensive pov, so give Leicester that)
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6979 on: November 28, 2020, 04:13:08 pm »
Bless you if you can sit through that tonight and listen to the bullshit they come out with to justify what happened.

Saw a link a few minutes ago to something Linekar had said on twitter in regards to VAR, I only checked it out of sheer curiosity, utter utter nonsense.

I see from his page he has an article or interview out in the rag today. Sums him up, horrible c*nt, I despise him
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #6980 on: November 28, 2020, 04:17:15 pm »
Yep...expect even more snide toward Klopp than usual from the East Midlands Wingnut tonight..Jurgen's insulted one of his employers/revenue streams ...so he'll use his soapbox on another one of his revenue streams to have a sly dig....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6981 on: November 28, 2020, 07:59:29 pm »
Bless you if you can sit through that tonight and listen to the bullshit they come out with to justify what happened.

Saw a link a few minutes ago to something Linekar had said on twitter in regards to VAR, I only checked it out of sheer curiosity, utter utter nonsense.

I see from his page he has an article or interview out in the rag today. Sums him up, horrible c*nt, I despise him

When Mane got booted from behind against Leicester last season, MOTD accused it of being a dive because there was a slight delayed reaction. Same for Salah against West Ham.

Can't wait to see them trying to justify why Welbeck is any different, apart from the fact he's English.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6982 on: November 28, 2020, 08:02:33 pm »
When Mane got booted from behind against Leicester last season, MOTD accused it of being a dive because there was a slight delayed reaction. Same for Salah against West Ham.

Can't wait to see them trying to justify why Welbeck is any different, apart from the fact he's English.
Clever play/invited contact is the answer

Offline Lfckingkenny

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6983 on: November 28, 2020, 10:01:48 pm »
Interested to see if anyone backs us up on some of them sh,t var verdicts today

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6984 on: November 28, 2020, 10:03:37 pm »
Let me know if they even consider that Welbeck made the most of the contact.

Since, if it was Salah, there would be a segment dedicated to it complete with a montage and a stern rant from Shearer.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #6985 on: November 28, 2020, 10:31:46 pm »
Did Burnley play a keeper or just some prick who happened to be walking past the ground?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6986 on: November 28, 2020, 10:38:53 pm »
Interested to see if anyone backs us up on some of them sh,t var verdicts today
It's Danny I was better than Zidane Murphey and Micha Richards.

I'd be better off going out the back yard and asking the slugs what their verdict is.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6987 on: November 28, 2020, 10:42:35 pm »
Let me know if they even consider that Welbeck made the most of the contact.

Since, if it was Salah, there would be a segment dedicated to it complete with a montage and a stern rant from Shearer.

Not a chance. Welbeck is English therefore he cannot make the most of contact its physically impossible. It's as nailed on as the Utd penalty tomorrow

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6988 on: November 28, 2020, 10:47:26 pm »
Since when is it a main commentators job to call what he thinks of a penalty decision? That's not your job. Steve Wilson is clueless.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6989 on: November 28, 2020, 10:54:04 pm »
Haha. So their "analysis" is it's a penalty today if the Salah one vs West Ham was. Like comparing apples to oranges.

And Liverpool shouldn't moan about 12.30 kick offs because they have a good record in them. Completely missing the point Klopp was making.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6990 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:27 pm »
Haha. So their "analysis" is it's a penalty today if the Salah one vs West Ham was. Like comparing apples to oranges.

And Liverpool shouldn't moan about 12.30 kick offs because they have a good record in them. Completely missing the point Klopp was making.

The Salah pen they went nuts over.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6991 on: November 28, 2020, 10:58:46 pm »
Just a load of bootlickers.

Obvious they wouldn't back Klopp and say same shit.

I knew they would bring up Mo Salah peno although it’s very different. I said before Mo had control of ball and was kicked from behind.

Robbo kicks him but it’s not a penalty.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6992 on: November 28, 2020, 11:00:44 pm »
DON'T WATCH MOTD AND DON'T WATCH TALKSHITE, easy, job done

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6993 on: November 28, 2020, 11:16:51 pm »
Of course the personality extraordinaire  that is Micah Richards isn't going to agree with Klopp. 10 unicorns had to die and his contract written in their blood was drawn up to get him on TV as a pundit.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6994 on: November 28, 2020, 11:30:17 pm »
Unless any of these fuckers have a background in sports science or medicine, they have absolutely fuck all right in disagreeing with Jürgen Klopp, they need to back up any disagreement with fact.

MOTD is just tabloid tv. Shameful the BBC has got so bad as to join in with the rest of the media in producting this rubbish.

But that’s the audience that seems to make up the majority of football fans these days. All they want is gossip, banter and a chance to stick the boot into people who work for the teams they don’t like. It’s all so childish and dull.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6995 on: November 28, 2020, 11:34:19 pm »
Of course the personality extraordinaire  that is Micah Richards isn't going to agree with Klopp. 10 unicorns had to die and his contract written in their blood was drawn up to get him on TV as a pundit.

He’s a bit of an unpleasant idiot.
Putting your 3some sexual exploits on film proved that
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6996 on: November 28, 2020, 11:39:27 pm »
Only caught the last 5 minutes.
Trust Saint Gary of the Liberal Hypocrisy tendency to pull up the S*n headline to confirm his opinions on Twitter.
Hypocritical little stain. Going on about being touched by the All Black tribute to Maradona. Wasn’t that generous when he was elbowing him, or when his team mates were kicking lumps out of him.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #6997 on: November 29, 2020, 04:11:07 am »
All three are thick as pig shit completely missing the fucking point.  Brought a graphic up of our 12.30 Kick-offs ... from LAST season - all wins. What? ya mean that season that was a NORMAL season?!!  Utterly blind.

Murphy "As a player, I just wanted to play all the time anyway.  You just wanted to play"
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6998 on: November 29, 2020, 04:22:06 am »
It's Danny I was better than Zidane Murphey and Micha Richards.

I'd be better off going out the back yard and asking the slugs what their verdict is.
Didn't realise you lived on County Road
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6999 on: November 29, 2020, 07:52:44 am »
DON'T WATCH MOTD AND DON'T WATCH TALKSHITE, easy, job done

Precisely,MOTD has been absolute shit for years.