Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 668474 times)

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6920 on: November 2, 2020, 12:24:20 am »
Anyone else remember Lineker advising Salah to go down more easily in the box when he got fouled? He reckoned he was being too honest. Pretty sure it was during Salah`s first season on MOTD.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6921 on: November 2, 2020, 12:41:37 am »
In the current context I felt Pogbas penalty was harsh, but seems widely accepted as the right call. With that in mind, Salah is justified in his penalty too. I just find the whole thing bizarre but probably expected given Salahs treatment (and Suarezs before him)

Online eddiedingle

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6922 on: November 2, 2020, 12:45:53 am »
Fair play to Keown for calling out Kanes deception. Murphy wouldn't have.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6923 on: November 2, 2020, 12:51:12 am »
Fair play to Keown for calling out Kanes deception. Murphy wouldn't have.

And Crouchie. Crouchie should get more of these gigs, the two from last night - who operate as a double act - fewer. As others have rightly pointed out, the Engurland player reputation bias is nauseating.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6924 on: November 2, 2020, 07:08:20 am »
Nice to see Keown breaking ranks and calling out the spurs team for their dives today.

Hope his BBC contract is rock solid as he's just been critical of England's bravest sir Harry Kane...
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6925 on: November 2, 2020, 07:14:45 am »
A Manc deffo edits MOTD - highlights from yesterday and the Salah penalty is accompanied by David Moyes' bitter rant calling him a diver. No other match has a comment from any manager.

Fucking ridiculous how they're already trying to create a narrative around Mo.

The idiots in the English media don't get it. It is exactly this type of bias that creates the siege mentality within our squad. The more they attack us, the more mentally strong we are.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6926 on: November 2, 2020, 07:35:46 am »
Impressed they actually included the Kane and Son dives last night. Perfect opportunity to hide it as the game was on PPV.
Barely a peep out of them about it though.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6927 on: November 2, 2020, 08:14:19 am »
Well heres their reaction to Lord Kane diving

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamueILFC/status/1322690760710463491?s=09

And “reaction is just what they are after; like, share or comment is the whole purpose of their piece.
Bad Clickbait
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6928 on: November 2, 2020, 08:24:19 am »

Came to post the same thing, that was just weird in how obvious the bias was, there was just no need for it.

Come on!
Moyes has always had a thing about penalties.
Remember him sending a DVD of all the ones Andy Johnson should have got. Ignoring the ones where the baldy hobbit threw himself to the floor and was awarded them.
His fixation with Suarez, who, to be fair got battered at times (thinking the assault at Norwich by Olssen) and knew he had to overcome referees bias if he was to get a penalty. Yes he made a meal of it but when you recall that gobshite Webb at Chelsea’s allowing Eto to run around trying to end careers, you can’t say refs don’t have bias.
Moyes has to have someone to blame for his terrible tactics and cowardly setups. His record with Everton was dreadful, (because he had no money) yet he managed to repeat his trick with United.
The guy is a championship manager who lucked out in getting Kenwright to believe his “poor little Everton, the people’s club” routine.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6929 on: November 2, 2020, 09:05:11 am »

Come on!
Moyes has always had a thing about penalties.
Remember him sending a DVD of all the ones Andy Johnson should have got. Ignoring the ones where the baldy hobbit threw himself to the floor and was awarded them.
His fixation with Suarez, who, to be fair got battered at times (thinking the assault at Norwich by Olssen) and knew he had to overcome referees bias if he was to get a penalty. Yes he made a meal of it but when you recall that gobshite Webb at Chelsea’s allowing Eto to run around trying to end careers, you can’t say refs don’t have bias.
Moyes has to have someone to blame for his terrible tactics and cowardly setups. His record with Everton was dreadful, (because he had no money) yet he managed to repeat his trick with United.
The guy is a championship manager who lucked out in getting Kenwright to believe his “poor little Everton, the people’s club” routine.

I didnt mean what Moyes actually said, that's expected from him, I meant the fact that the MOTD editor felt the need to show it again alongside our highlights when no other teams got that treatment and the pundits didn't get the chance to comment on it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #6930 on: November 2, 2020, 09:20:30 am »
The idiots in the English media don't get it. It is exactly this type of bias that creates the siege mentality within our squad. The more they attack us, the more mentally strong we are.
Also, an annoyed and wound up Salah, is a very very dangerous player. He'll have seen all this shite and will be on a mission this week.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6931 on: November 2, 2020, 10:21:36 am »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/890680/Liverpool-news-Alan-Shearer-Danny-Murphy-Dejan-Lovren-Everton-penalty-MOTD2/amp

In case anyone had forgotten.

Pair of bald useless dickheads.

Don't forget the incident in the derby match only a couple of weeks later.

https://www.givemesport.com/1230206-liverpool-fans-hammer-alan-shearer-for-his-opinion-on-adam-lallana-penalty-win

He was furiously lamenting the decision to award Lallana a spot kick but when it was Calvert-Lewin's turn previously, Shearer was adamant that Lovren was at fault.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Some of those twitter comments are gold.

Alan Shearer before the game: "Definite penalty when Lovren shoved Calvert-Lewin."

HT tonight: "It's a contact sport. You can't give a penalty every time someone goes down."
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6932 on: November 2, 2020, 01:56:32 pm »
Still can't believe Kane got a pen for backing in on Lallana mid air. Thought Keown was spot on saying it was dangerous
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6933 on: November 3, 2020, 11:00:27 am »
Absolute hatchet job by the thickest man in football, Garth Crooks this week:

"I didn't think it was a Liverpool penalty at the time and I still don't. I have criticised Mohamed Salah in the past for going down in the box when not touched. I've no doubt contact was made by West Ham's Arthur Masuaku but as far as contact sports go, that was no foul. However it's the referee's opinion that counts and Kevin Friend thought otherwise.

Jordan Henderson played a captain's part in pulling Liverpool through a difficult fixture against the Hammers on Saturday. It was Henderson's controlled pass to Xherdan Shaqiri which resulted in Diogo Jota scoring Liverpool's winner.

I wonder if Henderson might have a gentle word with Salah to remind him that he has placed himself among the Liverpool greats - and not to spoil it with cheap nonsense like diving."

Not a mention about the Newcastle penalty which was exactly the same, Arsenal penalty which was exactly the same or the Harry Kane penalty which was a foul by England's brave Sir Harry.

c*nt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54783480
Stan Laurel

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #6934 on: November 3, 2020, 11:14:31 am »
Absolute hatchet job by the thickest man in football, Garth Crooks this week:

"I didn't think it was a Liverpool penalty at the time and I still don't. I have criticised Mohamed Salah in the past for going down in the box when not touched. I've no doubt contact was made by West Ham's Arthur Masuaku but as far as contact sports go, that was no foul. However it's the referee's opinion that counts and Kevin Friend thought otherwise.

Jordan Henderson played a captain's part in pulling Liverpool through a difficult fixture against the Hammers on Saturday. It was Henderson's controlled pass to Xherdan Shaqiri which resulted in Diogo Jota scoring Liverpool's winner.

I wonder if Henderson might have a gentle word with Salah to remind him that he has placed himself among the Liverpool greats - and not to spoil it with cheap nonsense like diving."

Not a mention about the Newcastle penalty which was exactly the same, Arsenal penalty which was exactly the same or the Harry Kane penalty which was a foul by England's brave Sir Harry.

c*nt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54783480
Garth Crooks is a no nothing frog eyed arsehole  :wanker
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6935 on: November 3, 2020, 11:18:46 am »
Garth Crooks is a no nothing frog eyed arsehole  :wanker
Well put. Astounded how he still gets employed by the BBC.
Stan Laurel

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6936 on: November 7, 2020, 11:38:39 pm »
Glad they cleared up the penalty against Pickford, it was because Maguire put his arm out to create the whole situation, so anything that happened after that didn't count. A bit like the Fab penalty decision where replays showed that he actually got the ball and the phantom foul was outside the box......oh wait.
 :-\
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6937 on: November 7, 2020, 11:39:41 pm »
Can't get over how much of a posh boy that Bamford sounds like, but I still really like him.  ;D

Ziyech has an air of Trent about him with those crosses. Will run De Bruyne close for the assists record this season if both stay fit.

Savage of them to show Gary Lineker's panenka disaster.

Btw the Fulman penalty was exactly like the one Salah won last week. Touched in the ankle, goes down, penno. Why no melodrama on MOTD? Probably because Fulham missed the penalty.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 8, 2020, 12:07:26 am by Morgana »

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #6938 on: November 8, 2020, 10:19:35 am »
Glad they cleared up the penalty against Pickford, it was because Maguire put his arm out to create the whole situation, so anything that happened after that didn't count. A bit like the Fab penalty decision where replays showed that he actually got the ball and the phantom foul was outside the box......oh wait.
 :-\

Wait, Pickford lunging in with both feet knee high is the fault of the person he was assaulting?

Come on! He's already put one player out for the season. How many does he have to crock before his "England keeper" immunity wears off?

Insanity.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6939 on: November 8, 2020, 11:43:35 am »
Didn't watch, how did they cover the Fulham pen? Any mention of Salah or diving shoehorned in?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
MOTD thread
« Reply #6940 on: November 8, 2020, 11:56:23 am »
Didn't watch, how did they cover the Fulham pen? Any mention of Salah or diving shoehorned in?!
Lookman was criticised mildly but largely laughed over as they showed a clip of Lineker failing his Panenka against Brazil. Lineker was embarrassed so much that he forgot his lines.

Of course. if this was Salah you can imagine they would make a BBC panorama dedicated to it.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6941 on: November 8, 2020, 12:02:00 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6942 on: November 8, 2020, 12:31:18 pm »

No, they all said it was a clear pen
Absolute joke!

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #6943 on: November 8, 2020, 12:37:39 pm »
Good that they highlighted Maquires shithousery and dive and went on about it

FFS - They showed it but said he was 'involved in an incident' not a blatant foul then dive
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6944 on: November 8, 2020, 01:21:25 pm »
I honestly have no idea why any of you watch that shite?

It used to wind me up no end - they've always been anti-Liverpool and it's part of an agenda. I was talking to one of the bods involved in the production of it and the guy that runs it is a Cockney rabid manc that hates Liverpool (The City), hates scousers and hates Liverpool (The club) - the 'pundits' are given things to talk about that are picked by this fella. They aren't allowed to talk about anything else (They have to be on-script and they get a certain amount of time for each topic as it's a scripted show - it has a run time and they have to stick to that)

I haven't watched it for years now and it's done my blood pressure no end of good :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6945 on: November 8, 2020, 03:34:07 pm »
I honestly have no idea why any of you watch that shite?

It used to wind me up no end - they've always been anti-Liverpool and it's part of an agenda. I was talking to one of the bods involved in the production of it and the guy that runs it is a Cockney rabid manc that hates Liverpool (The City), hates scousers and hates Liverpool (The club) - the 'pundits' are given things to talk about that are picked by this fella. They aren't allowed to talk about anything else (They have to be on-script and they get a certain amount of time for each topic as it's a scripted show - it has a run time and they have to stick to that)

I haven't watched it for years now and it's done my blood pressure no end of good :)

Personally I watch it so that I have enough material for my letter to the 'Points of view' programme.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #6946 on: November 8, 2020, 07:16:39 pm »
Does anybody watch MOTDx?

Is it just Jenas putting on a 'street' accent and a bunch of youtube fan channel wannabes saying "fam" a lot?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6947 on: November 8, 2020, 07:21:20 pm »
Does anybody watch MOTDx?

Is it just Jenas putting on a 'street' accent and a bunch of youtube fan channel wannabes saying "fam" a lot?
Yeah pretty much.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6948 on: November 21, 2020, 10:37:41 pm »
Bumping in case anybody else is watching. It started early but somehow I've got the series on record and am watching 10 minutes behind.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6949 on: November 21, 2020, 10:50:54 pm »
Haven't seen the Utd circus yet, be interesting to see what these eijits say on it now in a minute

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6950 on: November 21, 2020, 10:51:49 pm »
Bumping in case anybody else is watching. It started early but somehow I've got the series on record and am watching 10 minutes behind.

Has the United game been on as I do enjoy watching entertaining football.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6951 on: November 21, 2020, 11:03:12 pm »
Has the United game been on as I do enjoy watching entertaining football.

Not yet mate. Saving the best till last it seems

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6952 on: November 21, 2020, 11:04:06 pm »
Aston Villa are the biggest divers in the league

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6953 on: November 21, 2020, 11:06:22 pm »
Haven't seen the Utd circus yet, be interesting to see what these eijits say on it now in a minute
Waiting with baited breath.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6954 on: November 21, 2020, 11:08:14 pm »
First Lamptey yellow card was harsh. Second one might be deserved but I need a better close up.

But what the fuck was that penalty decision? VAR showing only the one angle is dishonest. The Villa player clearly had his shin kicked.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:10:22 pm by Morgana »

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6955 on: November 21, 2020, 11:14:11 pm »
Even the commentator is shocked and embarrassed.
 ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6956 on: November 21, 2020, 11:15:35 pm »
Everything about David Coote's demeanour just screams "I'm a gigantic c**nt." Just want to punch his face in.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6957 on: November 21, 2020, 11:23:14 pm »
I know a lot on here like Ian Wright but the guy offers literally no insight

Just spends the entire hour giggling and laughing at fuck all and making the most childish braindead jokes you’d have to be high as a kite to find funny

Was it a pen Ian

‘What do you want from me hahahaha’

Er To just say something constructive once?

‘Can united win the league’

Shearer ‘no’

Wright ‘Well haha no no no, hahahaha yes yes go on united’

Certifiable
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:28:38 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6958 on: November 21, 2020, 11:45:44 pm »
I know a lot on here like Ian Wright but the guy offers literally no insight

Just spends the entire hour giggling and laughing at fuck all and making the most childish braindead jokes you’d have to be high as a kite to find funny

Was it a pen Ian

‘What do you want from me hahahaha’

Er To just say something constructive once?

‘Can united win the league’

Shearer ‘no’

Wright ‘Well haha no no no, hahahaha yes yes go on united’

Certifiable
He doesn't want to offend anyone. Typical fence sitter.

I'm more concerned about the fact that none of these fuckers even mentioned the foul on Gallagher outside the box just before Man United got a penalty awarded to them. They're all in cahoots with PGMOL not to say anything too controversial about the standard of refereeing and just how much VAR is missing.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6959 on: November 21, 2020, 11:51:10 pm »
He doesn't want to offend anyone. Typical fence sitter.

I'm more concerned about the fact that none of these fuckers even mentioned the foul on Gallagher outside the box just before Man United got a penalty awarded to them. They're all in cahoots with PGMOL not to say anything too controversial about the standard of refereeing and just how much VAR is missing.

It’s his fake laughing that actually drives me mad the most

Trying to portray this larger than life colourful character when he’s dull as ditchwater

Stealing a living.

And they will never question refs integrity ever

I’ve slagged refs over the years but I’ve never seen anything like Coote

He has a genuine agenda v us
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp