Author Topic: UEFA Cup Group A  (Read 76735 times)

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UEFA Cup Group A
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2012, 03:11:23 pm »
Geneva - Bern on the train is about 1hr 40 mins so you should be fine to make it. Have a look at the Swiss rail site for times http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
cheers will check that out

Offline bullyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »
just interseted in were people are getting hotels for bern and udine

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »
just interseted in were people are getting hotels for bern and udine
1 nite in Zurich,1nite in Bern,1nite in Venice, 1 nite in Udine

Offline bullyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2012, 12:52:58 am »
1 nite in Zurich,1nite in Bern,1nite in Venice, 1 nite in Udine
thanks mate just wondering what people were upto.im stayin 1 night in bern thurs at the city am bahnof near station and 1 night in udine at the hotel europa near station bad reviews so still might change it

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2012, 11:54:07 am »
Driving to Bern - getting the ferry from Dover Tues night, hopefully get down to the city Wednesday evening, staying at a hostel for two nights. Should be an adventure, never been to Bern before and it looks like a bloody nice place. Back to England on Saturday and then Anfield on Sunday for the United game!

I imagine getting across to the stadium from the city centre will be pretty easy? Anybody been before know about taxi prices?
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2012, 12:07:02 pm »
I had flights with monarch from Manchester to Venice for the udinese game. Got an email yesterday saying departure time moved from 0730 to 1545. So ive had to cancel the trip all together. I'm sure a lot of others are in the same boat as that was a sold out flight

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2012, 12:35:50 pm »
I had flights with monarch from Manchester to Venice for the udinese game. Got an email yesterday saying departure time moved from 0730 to 1545. So ive had to cancel the trip all together. I'm sure a lot of others are in the same boat as that was a sold out flight
We've had to switch to going out early on 6th from Birmingham. Return to Manchester.  Going to cost us extra to get down to Birmingham.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2012, 01:12:47 pm »

I imagine getting across to the stadium from the city centre will be pretty easy? Anybody been before know about taxi prices?

There are loads of trains from Bern to Wankdorf, every 10/15 minutes or so, it's a short trip. Otherwise you are looking at 30 Francs upwards for a taxi.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2012, 01:19:59 pm »
There are loads of trains from Bern to Wankdorf, every 10/15 minutes or so, it's a short trip. Otherwise you are looking at 30 Francs upwards for a taxi.

Brilliant, cheers mate!
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2012, 02:03:08 pm »
Got tickets for this right beside the liverpool away sector.. (only 3 places between)

you guys think its a problem to get there with liverpool dress?

cheers

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2012, 04:20:30 pm »
We've had to switch to going out early on 6th from Birmingham. Return to Manchester.  Going to cost us extra to get down to Birmingham.

They offered us that aswell, but it's a bit of a ball ache to get to Birmingham for 0600!

Offline bullyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2012, 11:33:57 pm »
same happend to me mate got a refund live in darlington and had got a single from manchester to venice then rt on brussles air to newcastle looks like im gonna have to cancel that flight as well as options from newcastle to get there early are to expensive probs av to go from london now fukin shit airline

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2012, 12:15:29 am »

We swapped to Birmingham free of charge.

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2012, 12:15:50 am »
Got a spare for Young Boys if anyone needs one. PM me.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2012, 12:25:29 pm »
what a joke cant go as there not sending tickets out, only collection at anfield

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2012, 12:38:01 pm »
they stated this on friday joe in the selling details if brought after 3pm then, not really helpful i know but how about asking someone on here if they'll pick them up from the ground for you? had i lived near the ground i'd have done exactly that to help you out, they could of got them out in the post today as long as they posted by circa 4pm so i'm not sure what the issue is at their end.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2012, 01:25:43 pm »
what a joke cant go as there not sending tickets out, only collection at anfield
have you got an email address Joe,cant pm you,cheers

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2012, 02:42:15 pm »
they stated this on friday joe in the selling details if brought after 3pm then, not really helpful i know but how about asking someone on here if they'll pick them up from the ground for you? had i lived near the ground i'd have done exactly that to help you out, they could of got them out in the post today as long as they posted by circa 4pm so i'm not sure what the issue is at their end.

its wierd as everytime they have sent me a ticket, ive got next day so i dont know why they couldnt do it

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:40 pm »
Got a spare if anyone wants one , can meet Stockport area or in Bern

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2012, 07:29:54 pm »
the ticket office are now sending me a ticket special delivery  :)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2012, 08:04:48 pm »
the ticket office are now sending me a ticket special delivery  :)

nice one :thumbup
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:42 pm »
Haven't sorted my train ticket yet, will give it a try now. Looks complicated. Strange world. It is more complicated buying a train ticket than booking a flight these days.

Offline Swiss Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2012, 10:11:51 pm »
looked at prices of general things, drink, food etc and it seemed reasonable to me compared to what i'd heard, spoke to one of the guys at work yesterday as our place travels there quite a lot and he quoted £17 a pint :D

Probably been long since discussed, but it's nowhere near 17 quid a pint here.

Most bars you're looking at about 7/8 CHF a pint, which is somewhere between 5/6 quid.

Food can be pricey enough, depending on where you go. Didn't know Bern had a Pickwicks pub, that's good to know!

I'm living in Lausanne, about an hour away from Bern, traveling up Thursday lunch time. Going on my own, so if anyone fancies a few drinks before and after, let me know!

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2012, 12:26:21 am »
Probably been long since discussed, but it's nowhere near 17 quid a pint here.

Most bars you're looking at about 7/8 CHF a pint, which is somewhere between 5/6 quid.

Food can be pricey enough, depending on where you go. Didn't know Bern had a Pickwicks pub, that's good to know!

I'm living in Lausanne, about an hour away from Bern, traveling up Thursday lunch time. Going on my own, so if anyone fancies a few drinks before and after, let me know!

Just had a look at the Pickwick website. They are already welcoming the Liverpool fans, but CHF 9.20 (£6.10) for a pint, bloody hell. However they have a Guinness "promotion". Only CHF 8 (£5.30). Real bargain, but I guess it will nearly be the same everywhere.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2012, 06:53:41 am »
Blimey that's expensive -- i won't be having a late night on Thursday or getting into big rounds - mental note to myself is to get a bottle of something at Heathrow.
Arriving Bern on Wednesday afternoon with AnkaraRed.
 :wave
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:08:19 am by LONGWORTH »

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2012, 08:02:18 am »
Blimey that's expensive -- i won't be having a late night on Thursday or getting into big rounds - mental note to myself is to get a bottle of something at Heathrow.
Arriving Bern on Wednesday afternoon with AnkaraRed.
 :wave
Will go halfs if you deliver a bottle of vodka to Switzerland

Offline Swiss Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2012, 08:05:29 am »
Just had a look at the Pickwick website. They are already welcoming the Liverpool fans, but CHF 9.20 (£6.10) for a pint, bloody hell. However they have a Guinness "promotion". Only CHF 8 (£5.30). Real bargain, but I guess it will nearly be the same everywhere.

Unfortunately, it's gonna be about the same most places.

As a tip, drinking in the streets is generally allowed here, and beer is fairly cheap in supermarkets. Make sure you go to Coop though, Migros don't sell alcohol.

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:52 am »
won't be the same everywhere as pickwicks is simply overpriced. A pint in Anker on "Kornhausplatz" was around 5.50 francs the last time I drank there. Plus there's some decent Swiss food to be had.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2012, 09:33:24 am »
Just been Anfield to collect my tickets. Fly out Thursday morning- bottle of vodka from duty free I reckon

Offline Swiss Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2012, 11:15:38 am »
won't be the same everywhere as pickwicks is simply overpriced. A pint in Anker on "Kornhausplatz" was around 5.50 francs the last time I drank there. Plus there's some decent Swiss food to be had.

They do pints of Anker in Bern!? Severe! Never seen that before anytime I've been.

I'm generalizing about the prices as usually you're paying upwards of 6 francs for a pint in Lausanne. We don't have pints of Anker down here though! Cheapest you can usually find is Fieldsloschen (sp).

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2012, 01:49:55 pm »
flight & hotel booked in Zurich but not booked train to Bern yet. Prices seem crazy, CHF 98 second class return.

just out of curiosity, have many people purchased the reduced fare tickets as I thinking of risking it? Is it better to get there as I dont want them to post the tickets or can you collect at station?

thanks for any advice :)
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline bullyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2012, 02:31:29 pm »
you have to print the train tickets out mate and most people got the supersaver tickets but they only work from zurich hb to bern not from airport you have to buy tickets on the day for the short jounrney from airport to zurich main station and the same from bern

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »
They do pints of Anker in Bern!? Severe! Never seen that before anytime I've been.

I'm generalizing about the prices as usually you're paying upwards of 6 francs for a pint in Lausanne. We don't have pints of Anker down here though! Cheapest you can usually find is Fieldsloschen (sp).
nah mate, the gaff's called Anker. Massive market niche though, pint of Anker for two quid.

Quite a few Young Boys fans used to drink there while I lived in the city but should be sound for us to get a few bevvies in I reckon.

Offline Swiss Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2012, 04:50:17 pm »
nah mate, the gaff's called Anker. Massive market niche though, pint of Anker for two quid.

Quite a few Young Boys fans used to drink there while I lived in the city but should be sound for us to get a few bevvies in I reckon.

Sounds like a cunning plan being hatched. What time you thinking of having a few?

That is, of course, if Ticketcorner actually deliver my ticket in time! Ordered on Thursday, they didn't bother posting it until yesterday. Called them up today, they seemed pretty happy that it would arrive tomorrow.

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »
Sounds like a cunning plan being hatched. What time you thinking of having a few?

That is, of course, if Ticketcorner actually deliver my ticket in time! Ordered on Thursday, they didn't bother posting it until yesterday. Called them up today, they seemed pretty happy that it would arrive tomorrow.
arriving in Bern at 2 (hopefully) or 3 (at latest) and straight on the ale.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2012, 05:30:16 pm »
Is this the place gnaume?  http://www.roeschti.ch/en/index.html

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »
yea thats the one mate. Not been there for about a year but can't imagine them having changed their price policy or simply asking for more on the day like they did in madrid.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2012, 05:39:24 pm »
yea thats the one mate. Not been there for about a year but can't imagine them having changed their price policy or simply asking for more on the day like they did in madrid.

Hopefully catch up with you thurs mate, either way have a great trip.

Offline Swiss Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2012, 06:22:21 pm »
arriving in Bern at 2 (hopefully) or 3 (at latest) and straight on the ale.

I'll be there roughly the same time. Get checked into my hotel, then I'll pop round.

I'll be the small fella with the beard. Paul's the name.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2012, 07:45:35 pm »
Monarch fly from Manchester & Birmingham to Venice, cheaper than Easy Jet at the moment as well, type GETAWAY when you go to pay in the discount code bit & you can get the Manchester one for £70 return & the Birmingham one for £40 return. Thursday very early to Saturday.
Thanks for this mate you've just saved us a lot of money, just booked flights for the Udinese game.