Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 341254 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1200 on: October 3, 2016, 06:31:16 pm »
Surely has to be on the bench for the Utd game.

I think he only gets on the bench for Utd is if lallana is still injured and Coutinho starts in the midfield.  If lallana is fit, then my guess is that we go with the same 11 as against Swansea which would eliminate the spot on the bench for Ings unless he takes the place of either Sturridge or Origi. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: October 3, 2016, 06:33:00 pm »
Klopp would've offloaded the guy in the summer if he was surplus to requirements.

He's definitely not surplus to requirements.  He's a valuable member of the squad who will get his time but he's going to have to be patient.  it's a real test for Klopp's man management keeping players like Ings happy when they aren't playing as he could quite obviously be getting a ton of time at the majority of other clubs in the league. 

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: October 3, 2016, 06:40:24 pm »
looking forward to his return... he will definately come back stronger and more eager to prove himself....

with more competitions there will be enough time for him if he takes his chance...

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1203 on: October 3, 2016, 06:44:07 pm »
Depending on the opposition he could easily be on the bench in the near future. We had two defenders and two defensive minded midfielders on the bench on Saturday; Lucas, Can, Klavan, Moreno. There's certainly an argument that three of them would be enough and the other spot in future could go to Ings. For example Lucas could cover cb and cm, moreno could cover fb, can could cover cm. Ings could conceiveably take a place in the match day squad without much of a hit elsewhere. Klopp is bold and likes to have attacking options up his sleeve, as seen by his switch on Saturday when sturridge came on for lallana.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1205 on: October 3, 2016, 09:04:04 pm »
Nobody is going to be happy going from first team back to U23 football but he's getting on with it and he can't do anymore than what he's been doing deserves a place on the bench. How long he will stay for if he's not getting much of a look in I don't know.

Offline jslfc123

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1206 on: October 3, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »
Nobody is going to be happy going from first team back to U23 football but he's getting on with it and he can't do anymore than what he's been doing deserves a place on the bench. How long he will stay for if he's not getting much of a look in I don't know.

In a way I hope he does move on as that will mean our other strikers/forwards are playing well

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1207 on: October 3, 2016, 09:18:12 pm »
Think Klopp will slowly bring in Danny, Sakho, Klavan, Origi and the young lads as the season progresses. They'll feature more and more. It's a long season and the second half will see all of the above, including Can and Grujic as more regular features- with some kids sprinkled here and there.

It's no surprise he's been telling them to just get on and get their heads down.
Our "best XI" will start to tire- some will get injured due to all the running and other issues, Mane will go to the AFCON. They'll all get a chance.

When this happens we need to have Moreno, Sakho, Ings, Ojo, Stewart, Can, Grujic, Ejaria, Lucas, etc help carry us through late December, January, Februray when the others have started to recover.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2016, 09:22:34 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline clogandbottle

• d it
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1208 on: October 3, 2016, 09:30:02 pm »
Think Klopp will slowly bring in Danny, Sakho, Klavan, Origi and the young lads as the season progresses. They'll feature more and more. It's a long season and the second half will see all of the above, including Can and Grujic as more regular features- with some kids sprinkled here and there.

It's no surprise he's been telling them to just get on and get their heads down.
Our "best XI" will start to tire- some will get injured due to all the running and other issues, Mane will go to the AFCON. They'll all get a chance.

When this happens we need to have Moreno, Sakho, Ings, Ojo, Stewart, Can, Grujic, Ejaria, Lucas, etc help carry us through late December, January, Februray when the others have started to recover.
good post, I agree.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: October 4, 2016, 01:17:45 am »

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1210 on: October 4, 2016, 06:52:57 pm »
Lovely hat-trick, even lovelier new bird. Stars are aligned Jurgen, get him on the bench.

I love DS, but if I was looking to replace or sub Firmino, and as much as I love DS, Danny is the better fit in how we set the team up currently. He has a more rounded work ethic kind of game.

Soz Dan.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: October 4, 2016, 07:02:40 pm »
Lovely hat-trick, even lovelier new bird. Stars are aligned Jurgen, get him on the bench.

I love DS, but if I was looking to replace or sub Firmino, and as much as I love DS, Danny is the better fit in how we set the team up currently. He has a more rounded work ethic kind of game.

Soz Dan.

Oh my god you want to sell studge

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: October 4, 2016, 07:17:55 pm »

The jigs up. You're on to me.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1213 on: October 4, 2016, 08:06:39 pm »
Might as well- he's body language isn't sending out the right signals.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #1214 on: October 4, 2016, 09:08:46 pm »

;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1215 on: October 4, 2016, 09:16:47 pm »
Very true. I don't know what those wavy hands are supposed to mean anyway.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1216 on: October 4, 2016, 10:11:32 pm »
Thanks, brilliantly taken goals, the lad isn't the blunt instrument people would lead you to believe.

People think that? I think he's got all the tools needed to be a good striker.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1217 on: October 4, 2016, 10:15:17 pm »
Ings really showed those 18yo Ipswich defenders how it's done. Deserves a place over Sturridge because of it for sure.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: October 4, 2016, 10:19:41 pm »

But he didn't really. He went from first team to being injured for a year to u23 football. It's a good way to work back into first team football. I assume he understands that as he looks to be giving it everything.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1219 on: October 5, 2016, 03:38:11 am »
People think that? I think he's got all the tools needed to be a good striker.
But he's English and only cost £15(?) million from Burnley, shirley he can't be any good?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1220 on: October 5, 2016, 03:44:15 am »
But he's English and only cost £15(?) million from Burnley, shirley he can't be any good?
Oh, Shirley can be really good, but let's not go there... :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1221 on: October 5, 2016, 03:48:37 am »
Oh, Shirley can be really good, but let's not go there... :)
You mean Sheila. :P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1222 on: October 5, 2016, 08:54:49 am »
he didnt cost 15m i dont think. 6-7m was it not
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1223 on: October 5, 2016, 10:56:35 am »
Get Screen Sport Super Cup back on in order to get him some first team minutes.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1224 on: October 5, 2016, 01:10:31 pm »
Ings really showed those 18yo Ipswich defenders how it's done. Deserves a place over Sturridge because of it for sure.

I know you're being ironic but I think he deserves a chance nonetheless.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: October 6, 2016, 09:47:23 am »

He's behind Sturridge and origi. He's come off the back of a terrible injury  and he's a good option if needed. Is it so hard to be happy for the lad? Wouldn't it be worse if he was sulking like a twat playing against 18 year olds?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: October 6, 2016, 11:45:49 am »
One of the things I like about Ings is he's looked just as happy playing footy with the u23's as he does when with the first team. When you only have domestic football to play then 4 strikers are never going to get that much game time each. He will be needed next season though when we get back into Europe.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1227 on: October 6, 2016, 12:02:53 pm »
Sorry, what now?   ???

His last one was pretty much perfection so I'll be interested in his decision making process. 
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: October 6, 2016, 12:27:49 pm »
Sorry, what now?   ???

His last one was pretty much perfection so I'll be interested in his decision making process. 

Blonde ✔
Swimwear model ✔
Fits as fuck ✔

Thats a hat-trick of sound decision making pointers.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: October 6, 2016, 01:23:52 pm »
I know you're being ironic but I think he deserves a chance nonetheless.

Over who? Firmino, Mane, Phil, Lallana are in the form of their lives at the moment. Nevermind Sturridge.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: October 6, 2016, 01:42:07 pm »
Over who? Firmino, Mane, Phil, Lallana are in the form of their lives at the moment. Nevermind Sturridge.

If he can't play his way even on to the bench and has to wait for a couple of players to get injuries there's no hope for him.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1231 on: October 18, 2016, 07:42:40 pm »
Try him in lieu of Stridgey, absolutely.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #1232 on: October 25, 2016, 10:49:33 pm »
25 minutes tonight eh.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: October 25, 2016, 10:52:31 pm »
I liked his energy and intent tonight. Pity he didn't put that one on one away. Good to see him back.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: October 25, 2016, 10:55:48 pm »
Worked hard when he came on, unlucky with his effort, probably had a bit more time than he thought.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1235 on: October 25, 2016, 10:57:04 pm »
Should've buried that chance tonight, would have done his confidence a world of good and given Klopp something to think about. Hit it with enough power but had he kept it on the ground there was no way Vorm was getting down to make the save.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: October 25, 2016, 10:58:39 pm »
He's really likeable and an excellent player it's just unfortunate for him but amazing for us there's 3 better ones infront of him. He'd start for most teams in this league and he's our 4th choice!

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: October 25, 2016, 11:18:46 pm »
Did well when he come on, the lad has the makings of a cult hero. Obviously going to be tough for him to break through this season, but reckon he'll get chances.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: October 25, 2016, 11:22:13 pm »
Looked uncomfortable walking off the pitch tonight apparently? Had a concerned look on his face and seemed to be in discomfort.

I assume his previously injured knee will still give him pain for a bit while he gets match fit again? Worked his bollocks off when he came on to be fair to the lad so probably in a bit of pain from the hard running he did after being out for so long.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: October 26, 2016, 12:33:56 am »
Looked uncomfortable walking off the pitch tonight apparently? Had a concerned look on his face and seemed to be in discomfort.

I assume his previously injured knee will still give him pain for a bit while he gets match fit again? Worked his bollocks off when he came on to be fair to the lad so probably in a bit of pain from the hard running he did after being out for so long.

He got unnecessarily clattered a couple of times too. Nice one Spurs, go for the lad who's just come back after a year out. Not much class there.