Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 340395 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1600 on: August 15, 2017, 06:00:47 pm »
It would be madness to sell him now, he's actually a really good player. Was speaking to a Burnley fan the other day said he's still the best player he's personally seen at the club in his time supporting. Just was injury prone there too.

I think he should start off season here and then if hasn't played much loan him out in Jan.

He won't start any cup games, he won't be on the bench for the league games. He's finished here.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: August 15, 2017, 06:18:28 pm »
He won't start any cup games, he won't be on the bench for the league games. He's finished here.

Ridiculous thing to say. He's had a couple of terrible injuries, in the few games he did play he looked excellent. Once he's back to full fitness he will have plenty of chances

Offline Kopulator

• Main Stander
  • Even the scoreboard's red!
« Reply #1602 on: August 15, 2017, 07:09:33 pm »

It's unfortunate, but he is indeed finished here (as a player).

Before he even signed for us he had 2 knee injuries (one in each knee) both requiring surgery.
His career has been blighted with injuries, abdominal strain, ankle ligaments and the usual hamstrings etc that mean he's missed many games.

He comes to us and has 2 knee injuries, one in each knee, both requiring surgery. Most of his injuries have been in friendlies or training sessions which can't be good for a player's psychology when they're trying to get fit again.

Since he was 19 it seems he's spent more time injured/recovering than playing for a first team from what I can work out.

Not that you can do much with £6.5M these days, at least it's good real world training for the physios I suppose. Maybe they could give him a coaching job he seemed to be getting on with the young lads OK?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1603 on: August 15, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »
we're so fortunate to have so many online Dr Finlays amongst our ranks, their long distance medical insight is second to none..

great to see the lad on the comeback trail...heart of a lion and no mistake

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kopulator

• Main Stander
  • Even the scoreboard's red!
« Reply #1604 on: August 15, 2017, 07:47:17 pm »
Unfortunately Shakira, his knees don't lie.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: August 21, 2017, 10:26:12 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/899743275644530690

Don't know why, something about this proper tickled me :lmao

Online AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1606 on: August 22, 2017, 07:23:06 am »
I really really hope someone comes in for him. He needs to play now, loan or sold, for the sake of his career. He is a good player, but he could be starting somewhere else and getting back to his level, which sadly, wont be here.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1607 on: August 22, 2017, 08:12:32 am »
Ridiculous thing to say. He's had a couple of terrible injuries, in the few games he did play he looked excellent. Once he's back to full fitness he will have plenty of chances

"Excellent" seems like a stretch. He looked like a good option. That was before he had two serious knee injuries. It's possible that he'll be very lucky and be the player he was before said injuries, but keep in mind, he's actually had a total of four serious knee injuries. What are the chances he's going to ever be the same? And even if he is for a while, how long before his next serious knee injury?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: August 22, 2017, 01:45:00 pm »
I really really hope someone comes in for him. He needs to play now, loan or sold, for the sake of his career. He is a good player, but he could be starting somewhere else and getting back to his level, which sadly, wont be here.

Wonder if Burnley would be interested in taking him back on loan in January, assuming he's healthy and looking way too good for the U23's.

Pretty sure there's still a lot of mutual love there between the club, fans and Danny and I'm sure they're going to struggle for goals with the likes of Sam Vokes and Chris Wood as their striker options.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #1609 on: August 22, 2017, 02:01:08 pm »
Wonder if Burnley would be interested in taking him back on loan in January, assuming he's healthy and looking way too good for the U23's.

Pretty sure there's still a lot of mutual love there between the club, fans and Danny and I'm sure they're going to struggle for goals with the likes of Sam Vokes and Chris Wood as their striker options.

He's being linked with a season long loan move to Leeds and given the way they play he could suit them to a tee.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1610 on: August 26, 2017, 10:57:42 am »
The thing I remember the most about Ings from what little I have seen unfortunately was his running. I wonder if his injuries may have slowed him down. Do his performances with the U23s give any hints?

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline DaveRED123

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1611 on: September 2, 2017, 09:18:53 pm »
Really hope danny ings gets fit and firing again soon, alot of people i know slated him, But i really think if he maintains his fitness he can be a quality addition to our squad, He didnt do to badly when he had a run in the team, He bagged a couple one at goodison against the BS, so hopefully he'll be back soon. Anyone else share my positivity....

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: September 2, 2017, 10:44:03 pm »
Welcome !
Of course I would love to see him fit and firing in the goals. I hope he gets a few runouts in the League Cup to begin with. That means we are winning and he is scoring.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1613 on: September 2, 2017, 10:51:55 pm »
Really hope danny ings gets fit and firing again soon, alot of people i know slated him, But i really think if he maintains his fitness he can be a quality addition to our squad, He didnt do to badly when he had a run in the team, He bagged a couple one at goodison against the BS, so hopefully he'll be back soon. Anyone else share my positivity....
Appreciate the title isn't the easiest to decipher but if you could have a look first before starting new threads.

Cheers

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: September 3, 2017, 12:01:34 am »
The few games I have seen him in the red shirt, I have always felt he is at home in it. Not elite yet, but certainly can be effective. Just hope he will be given a chance. How is he doing for the U-23's?
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: September 3, 2017, 12:49:56 am »
With Origi going out on loan it gives Danny the possibility of some game time.

Wish him the best of course when he gets it.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: September 3, 2017, 03:13:33 am »
The few games I have seen him in the red shirt, I have always felt he is at home in it. Not elite yet, but certainly can be effective.

Feel same
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1617 on: September 4, 2017, 05:52:17 pm »
So he's left out of the CL squad, while some players out on loan are not.

Thoughts?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: September 4, 2017, 06:00:12 pm »
For me, Ings needs  chnce and when that chance comes, if it ever does, he has to take. Same thing with Markovic.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1619 on: September 4, 2017, 06:01:22 pm »

Thoughts?

This is going to sound incredibly harsh and it isn't a fault of Danny's at all, but I just don't see any conceivable way how Klopp can think of Ings as being part of the long-term plan here. His injuries haven't been like Sturridge's whereby he misses several weeks here and there over a course of a season. He's had 3 serious knee injuries and he's only just turned 25 in the summer.

One ACL injury can curtail a player's ability, agility and overall game. Many never come back the same even in this day and age. Sure, it isn't normally the career ending injury it was 20-30 years ago but you'd much rather break a leg than do an ACL. He's had 2 ACL ruptures and a third long-term knee injury, the details of which are sketchy from looking at the news reports but it is entirely possible that it was another ACL rupture.

Ings is a cracking lad, I feel deeply for him with his injury hell and he's a really good player. But if you're the manager you have to set emotion aside. At best, I would say Ings could be a 4th/5th option, someone who might get some minutes here and there but not someone you could rely on. Not due to lack of application or hard work or even talent, but just because his injuries are not the ones you can just shrug off easily. Not when you've had 3 of them.

I hope he can adapt his game if need be and finally get some regular football because he deserves it. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see him doing that here.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1620 on: September 4, 2017, 07:28:39 pm »
I'm amazed Ings didn't go out on loan. Hard to see how is going to the into the team here. Thought a loan out would have done him the world of good

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: September 4, 2017, 07:37:05 pm »
I'm amazed Ings didn't go out on loan. Hard to see how is going to the into the team here. Thought a loan out would have done him the world of good
Maybe he'll end up in the Championship. They can do emergency loans from this Wednesday.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: September 4, 2017, 07:37:32 pm »
Think some are reading too much into him not being in the CL squad.

He hasn't played for the 1st team for nearly a year. He needs to play under 23's, cup games and be on the bench for some PL games. Flying about could be a rest to his fitness.

We've to be careful with him.

I think if he proves his fitness he will be in the squad if we make it through the group stage.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: September 4, 2017, 07:37:49 pm »

Perhaps Danny feels that his rehabilitation will be better managed at Liverpool and he wants to get a season of football at a less intense pace?  If he goes on loan he loses control of his own situation somewhat and will feel obliged to play, and do so at 110% effort, when he maybe feels he isn't at the level to do that yet.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: September 4, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »

Thoughts?

I think a lot of that's to do with the CL squad rules - there's just not enough space for him. Isn't the only one who's in the squad but out on loan Ryan Kent? From my understanding we can register Kent as a club-trained under 21 player on the B-list, so he's a free pick, essentially. Ings, being neither club-trained nor under 21, can't fit in that way.

I feel a bit sorry for Ings but I think a combination of the squad requirements and a lack of fitness have counted against him - at a guess, we could fit in two out of Grujic, Solanke and Ings, and obviously Klopp went for the former two. I guess this shows that he's clearly behind Solanke in the forward pecking order, but I think we all knew that was the case anyway.

It does seem a bit harsh maybe, but he's in the PL squad list, so he may well get a game or two throughout the season, probably in the cups. I know very little about injury recovery so maybe this is for the best, but I'd imagine he's champing at the bit to get back playing competitively - maybe he'll go out on loan in January or something. I like Ings a lot, seems like a nice bloke with a great attitude and it's hard not to feel sorry for him after the injuries but if I'm honest, I'd be amazed if he makes it here. We'll see though.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: September 4, 2017, 07:49:43 pm »
Maybe he'll end up in the Championship. They can do emergency loans from this Wednesday.

Didn't know that - maybe that'll end up happening then. Can emergency loans be done at any time throughout the season?

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #1626 on: September 4, 2017, 07:57:30 pm »
Dont know what his fitness is like but would be a good option in the league cup from the bench if we get past Leicester. I'd sooner risk him there than a league game or one of the other cups. I suppose it depends on how hes training behind the scenes. I think he has a chance to get a few games under Klopp.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: September 4, 2017, 08:48:16 pm »
Let's see what happens if he stays fit for a while. Right now I don't see a future for him at the club. This season will give us the answers we need about our strikers. Come next summer we will address it. So basically Ings has this season to prove his worth. It might be enough, but if I was to guess, I think his injuries destroyed his chances here.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: September 4, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
Didn't know that - maybe that'll end up happening then. Can emergency loans be done at any time throughout the season?
No, it's until some point in October.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: September 4, 2017, 09:34:22 pm »
Think some are reading too much into him not being in the CL squad.

He hasn't played for the 1st team for nearly a year. He needs to play under 23's, cup games and be on the bench for some PL games. Flying about could be a rest to his fitness.

We've to be careful with him.

I think if he proves his fitness he will be in the squad if we make it through the group stage.

Didn't he and Gomez have basically the same injury? It didn't stop Klopp from using Gomez

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: September 4, 2017, 09:52:42 pm »
Didn't he and Gomez have basically the same injury? It didn't stop Klopp from using Gomez

Ings has been out for nearly 2 years on and off.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1631 on: September 4, 2017, 10:14:11 pm »
He's being linked with a season long loan move to Leeds and given the way they play he could suit them to a tee.

I'd love him to go to Leeds and get them promotion given I know a few Leeds fans who are good lads.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #1632 on: September 4, 2017, 10:36:25 pm »
I think he will get chances this season now Origin is out on loan. A loan would be good for him but we would be looking too light up top with only Firmino, Sturridge and Solanks now

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1633 on: September 4, 2017, 11:02:12 pm »
I'd love him to go to Leeds and get them promotion given I know a few Leeds fans who are good lads.

I don't think his body could hold up to it. Championship games are so demanding physically and he will get kicked to shits in Millwall.

What makes Ings so impressive was his non-stop running game. Take that away and he is half the player he is. Unfortunately for him, his injury record may be an omen that  it is indeed over for him at Premier League or even Championship level.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1634 on: September 4, 2017, 11:14:54 pm »

They did back in 2015, but Ings tore his ACL again last season whereas Gomez had a setback as well, but nowhere as serious as Ings' injury. Plus Gomez was already fully fit towards the second half of last season and needed that time, along with pre-season to get match fit for us. I think that is the path that Ings is looking at currently too. He has now only just reached a point where he can play the full 90 mins. It might be close to the new year before we even see him in a matchday squad, and that is only if we have a massive injury crisis. Klopp would sooner recall Origi or Kent from their loans than rely on Ings this season I feel.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: September 4, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »
They did back in 2015, but Ings tore his ACL again last season whereas Gomez had a setback as well, but nowhere as serious as Ings' injury. Plus Gomez was already fully fit towards the second half of last season and needed that time, along with pre-season to get match fit for us. I think that is the path that Ings is looking at currently too. He has now only just reached a point where he can play the full 90 mins. It might be close to the new year before we even see him in a matchday squad, and that is only if we have a massive injury crisis. Klopp would sooner recall Origi or Kent from their loans than rely on Ings this season I feel.

Yeah it seems I have misremembered the situation.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: September 4, 2017, 11:52:11 pm »

How about we judge him once he's actually been able to play a few games?

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #1637 on: September 5, 2017, 08:11:49 am »
The few games I have seen him in the red shirt, I have always felt he is at home in it. Not elite yet, but certainly can be effective. Just hope he will be given a chance. How is he doing for the U-23's?
I watch the U-23's highlights whenever I can on LFC website. I've got to say that from what I've seen so far he's a million miles away from the first team.
Obviously you've got to weigh his performances against the quality of service from those around him, but even so........Sorry Danny boy. You've a LONG way to go.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: September 5, 2017, 08:47:50 am »
I watch the U-23's highlights whenever I can on LFC website. I've got to say that from what I've seen so far he's a million miles away from the first team.
Obviously you've got to weigh his performances against the quality of service from those around him, but even so........Sorry Danny boy. You've a LONG way to go.

An injury too far? as last year at this time he was scoring for fun in the U23
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1639 on: September 5, 2017, 08:51:05 am »
How about we judge him once he's actually been able to play a few games?
What if none of us is still around in 2021?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.