Author Topic: Gerrard  (Read 135228 times)

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Gerrard
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 05:17:01 pm »
He was immense in the couple of games leading up to the infection, he looked like he needed to regain some match fitness but his technique and distribution looked as sharp as ever.

Offline teri_ma_ki

• s_au_ce
  • Kopite
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »
Yep, seems about right.

Think we'll have to look for a replacement for him in January IMO because, as much as I rate Coady and Shelvey, they're not ready yet.

henderson

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 05:18:13 pm »
henderson

He's not ready yet either, we don't even know what his best position is in the squad, nevermind if he'd be a ready made replacement for Gerrard.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 05:18:59 pm »
I think he means how Comolli mentioned we got rid of Aquilani because he was fighting for Stevie's position, which of course Stevie has only occupied for 4 games this season...
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 05:22:20 pm »
Judging by his progression he'll be in the carling cup squad next week, things change though..
Wow.That would be amazing.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 05:53:23 pm »
Paul Konchesky: last season 30 matches (Liverpool and Notts Forrest). This season 15 so far (Leicester City)
Gerrard: Last season 21 matches (Liverpool). This season 4 matches so far (Liverpool)

That's not an apt comparison though. Aquilani and Gerrard can play in the same position which makes it an obvious comparison. Seem to recall people advising we should let Aquilani and Agger go because of their injuries yet not peep about Gerrard.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »
Judging by his progression he'll be in the carling cup squad next week, things change though..

Nice one, Scott.

I'd be very surprised to see him in it. Pleasantly surprised, of course. If he can get 15 minutes in the Carling Cup game then that'd be pretty good.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 06:10:06 pm »
Please adjust/correct these appearance stats for Gerrard and Aquilani for the last two years:

Aquilani: Last season 33 matches (Juventus). This season 9 matches so far (AC Milan).
Gerrard: Last season 21 matches (Liverpool). This season 4 matches so far (Liverpool)
What about the 4 seasons before that including all games ?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2011, 06:12:10 pm »
Cheers mate. You're normally pretty clued up so I'll take that.

Is he back running with the physios now Scott  ?

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »
He's not ready yet either, we don't even know what his best position is in the squad, nevermind if he'd be a ready made replacement for Gerrard.

You've got to give Henderson a go in there. Not saying throw him right in now against City but he needs to prove to a few (including myself) slight doubters as to his worth and what he'll bring. But he needs to be played in a big game where he'll shine or stumble.
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »
Cheers mate. You're normally pretty clued up so I'll take that.

Is he back running with the physios now Scott  ?

lad who my dad works with gets the good info for me.. meant to be progressing well. hopefully he doesn't have another setback this time
+61 ticket exchange

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 10:06:10 pm »
You've got to give Henderson a go in there. Not saying throw him right in now against City but he needs to prove to a few (including myself) slight doubters as to his worth and what he'll bring. But he needs to be played in a big game where he'll shine or stumble.

I wouldn't mind playing him through the center however he's not ready to replace Gerrard yet is all I'm saying.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:56 pm »
Gerrards mate was on  Friday night live about 2 weeks ago and said he will back very soon
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:13:30 pm by rocco »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2011, 10:12:09 pm »
That's not an apt comparison though. Aquilani and Gerrard can play in the same position which makes it an obvious comparison. Seem to recall people advising we should let Aquilani and Agger go because of their injuries yet not peep about Gerrard.

Exactly.
It isn't 'oh, Aquilani's better than Gerrard' it is just for the 'injury prone, gozzy Italian, that needed to go' to have a better fitness record over the past two season is eye opening. Having both men in the squad wouldn't have been a bad idea would it? And Gerrard's fitness record has been of gross concern, these constant set backs are concerning: hopefully this was the last.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2011, 11:50:37 pm »
Yep, seems about right.

Think we'll have to look for a replacement for him in January IMO because, as much as I rate Coady and Shelvey, they're not ready yet.

what have i missed? the club have said he wont play till next year?

The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2011, 11:52:36 pm »

It's quite easy to see what you missed because all you had to do was read from the first page.

It's pure speculation. There's no return date yet. It could be next week, it could be next month, it could be next year. It's the same situation as before - Gerrard is progressing well.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 09:35:45 am »

The threads only two pages long mate.

And if you look at my next post after the one you quoted then you'll see I said it's all speculation.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 02:28:40 pm »
His missus says he's on crutches.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 02:42:17 pm »

She must have took it to literal when he said he wanted to fuck so hard he'd need crutches.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 03:12:36 pm »

This is news?

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2011, 04:26:12 pm »
This is news?
I didn't  know he was still on crutches personally.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 04:27:00 pm »

Aquilani is not in the same league as Gerrard ability wise, of course we shouldn't sell off our captain, most influential player and our biggest merchandising opportunity.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »
Aquilani is not in the same league as Gerrard ability wise, of course we shouldn't sell off our captain, most influential player and our biggest merchandising opportunity.

Whether or not Gerrard is 'better' than Aquilani - and over the last couple of years, Gerrard's form and attitude to a certain extent has been relatively poor IMO - wasn't the point ('Not in the same league' though is rubbish, Aquilani played well when he was here and we looked better with him than without that season). He's not much use if he's in the treatment room and Aquilani last season and this has a better appearance record. Given they both play in the same position (our intention was to use him in that way anyway given Comolli's comments), then surely it would be better if we kept Aquilani so that we can have someone who can play in that position?. Those advocating selling him and Agger simply based on their injuries should really apply the same logic to Gerrard, surely? Not to mention Agger ad Aquilani are 27ish and Gerrard is 31 so therefore there is more potential to get more out of them 2?

For the record, I haven't suggested selling Gerrard.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 05:04:11 pm »
Whether or not Gerrard is 'better' than Aquilani - and over the last couple of years, Gerrard's form and attitude to a certain extent has been relatively poor IMO - wasn't the point ('Not in the same league' though is rubbish, Aquilani played well when he was here and we looked better with him than without that season). He's not much use if he's in the treatment room and Aquilani last season and this has a better appearance record. Given they both play in the same position (our intention was to use him in that way anyway given Comolli's comments), then surely it would be better if we kept Aquilani so that we can have someone who can play in that position?. Those advocating selling him and Agger simply based on their injuries should really apply the same logic to Gerrard, surely? Not to mention Agger ad Aquilani are 27ish and Gerrard is 31 so therefore there is more potential to get more out of them 2?

Aquilani is not in the same league as Gerrard. In fact it is not even close.

One plays when he feels like it, one plays even when he doesn't feel like it and is not fit and still plays better.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 05:04:49 pm »

Sorry but Aquilani shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Gerrard when speaking about ability, I can't think of a single thing that Aquilani is better than Gerrard at. I had no problem with us keeping Aquilani, I like him and think he could have made a difference this season, but anybody suggesting we should have gotten rid of our captain instead of him is mental imo, Gerrard has been unlucky lately with injuries but he still has it, take a look last season for his performances against United and Napoli, nothing short of world class. Not to mention the amount of revenue you lose from your poster boy being sold on, and the message it sends out to all other clubs and players (selling your top players Gerrard and Torres within 6 months).

I don't think there is potential to get more out of Aquilani, looking last season Aquilani played in a far more slow paced and less rough league and still didn't have an outstanding fitness record. I'd rather have a Gerrard fit for 20 games of a season than Aquilani for 25 or however many he could hold on for.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 05:21:40 pm »
Aquilani is not in the same league as Gerrard. In fact it is not even close.

Well firstly, Gerrard is one of our greatest players ever and a fully fit and on form Gerrard is better than Aquilani (or 'not in the same league'). Secondly, they both play different and IMO could complement each other well (which is why I was surprised that the club decided it was either/or). Thirdly, Gerrard hasn't been fully fit or on form recently and Aquilani in a red shirt performed better than Gerrard did in 09/10.

One plays when he feels like it, one plays even when he doesn't feel like it and is not fit and still plays better.

What nonsense. If you're going to pull that Rafa quote, don't bother, he didn't say that Aquilani plays when he feels like it and if you aren't, what makes you say that? Simply his injuries? And are you forgetting Gerrard's attitude in 09/10? It was awful. And he didn't play better than Aquilani when both played for the club.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 05:26:06 pm »
Sorry but Aquilani shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Gerrard when speaking about ability, I can't think of a single thing that Aquilani is better than Gerrard at. I had no problem with us keeping Aquilani, I like him and think he could have made a difference this season, but anybody suggesting we should have gotten rid of our captain instead of him is mental imo, Gerrard has been unlucky lately with injuries but he still has it, take a look last season for his performances against United and Napoli, nothing short of world class. Not to mention the amount of revenue you lose from your poster boy being sold on, and the message it sends out to all other clubs and players (selling your top players Gerrard and Torres within 6 months).

No one was suggesting getting rid of Gerrard because of his injuries, they were for other players despite them having better injury records and us being better with them here. With regards to marketing and revenue, I'd rather win more games which longer term would increase revenues anyway.

I don't think there is potential to get more out of Aquilani, looking last season Aquilani played in a far more slow paced and less rough league and still didn't have an outstanding fitness record. I'd rather have a Gerrard fit for 20 games of a season than Aquilani for 25 or however many he could hold on for.

33 for Aquilani compared to 21 for Gerrard last season. 9 for Aquilani this season compared to 4 for Gerrard according to Steve Zissou. I'd rather keep 2 quality players than be forced to rely on one who has injury problems.

Offline vitch

• Kopite
  • Pikine Guinaw Rail
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 06:13:54 pm »
Please adjust/correct these appearance stats for Gerrard and Aquilani for the last two years:

Aquilani: Last season 33 matches (Juventus). This season 9 matches so far (AC Milan).

Huh, actually make it 14 matches for Aquilani so far:
10 in Serie A and 4 in the Champions League

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Aquilani
Fergies so purple i had to turn down the contrast on the tv.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2011, 12:09:30 pm »
Dalglish confirmed what we all knew then was that he's not available on Sunday
+61 ticket exchange

Offline merseymack

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2011, 12:17:36 pm »
Usual rumours about town. Too much coke, no injuries just rehab. People do like to spread bollocks and I suppose I'm no exception ;D

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2011, 12:32:59 pm »
I wouldn't mind playing him through the center however he's not ready to replace Gerrard yet is all I'm saying.
No one is.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2011, 12:36:12 pm »
Usual rumours about town. Too much coke, no injuries just rehab. People do like to spread bollocks and I suppose I'm no exception ;D
Yes, the Royal are particularly big on wasting time scanning people and putting pots on ankles just to cover up a drug habit. Just pathetic.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2011, 01:23:57 pm »
It's a good point on Aquilani mind.  He is probably better than Gerrard and therefore he is probably our best player of all time.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2011, 03:32:54 pm »
::)

Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2011, 03:42:27 pm »

Yeah I've heard it all. Considering one of their own players failed a drug test for the same thing, I find it a bit rich. Steven Gerrard is not stupid, it's all bollocks but it only winds me up because some people actually start to believe it.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »
Be towards the end of the year before we see him again.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »

Fuck.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2011, 06:20:29 pm »
Like November/December ?

Only joking, I think it was clear from Kenny's interview that he was back no time soon. When he starts running work with the physios we normally get to know fairly quickly.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2011, 06:29:31 pm »
No one can be surprised by this seeing as though he hasn't even been in training yet.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2011, 06:53:02 pm »
Wonder if Shelvey is brought back now.