Author Topic: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges  (Read 356298 times)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards - 115 Charges - Nothing To See Here
« Reply #4760 on: April 16, 2024, 03:27:01 pm »
It’s a strange and nasty time for football. It brings in controls like VAR, FFP to improve the game and somehow manages to enable it getting much worse because they can’t control and govern their own people, rules and processes. We have already seen with VAR that if the PGMOL are brazen enough to tell us that we are not seeing what we clearly know we see (Dokung Fu incident) and pundits go with the gaslighting, we just have to pass over it and get on with it. It’s got no consequence.
Was the same for UEFA charges on City. A very strange CAS process with a biased panel which City then claimed found them “innocent” and they moved on, unconcerned, in fact to win the CL treble. Then there’s FIFA World Cups, bought with bribes, unopposed and again Infantino brazen as you like, doing dodgy deals and no consequences.
Now we have the 115 which we have no idea what or when will be the outcome, and if the City lawyers “win” again we will be told to move on, nothing to see here. We are pretty helpless to do anything because rival clubs, who have tried to work within the rules, can’t get on the same page and work together to clean up the mess.
Sportswashing in football is pretty much the perfect scam. Just ignore the rules, hide in plain sight, throw money and influence at it and use rivalries against each other (how many United, Spurs and Everton fans will love us & Arsenal losing ground to City this weekend?) We all find ourselves as passive observers , even active enablers and it feels likely no-one actually will lay a significant glove on City.

Good post. This truly is the gaslighting era of football. I find myself more than once a week feeling as though the media machine is telling me that something I've clearly seen with my own eyes is actually something else. Strangely, one of the worst examples had nothing to do with City - it was the frankly insane reaction to us getting a hop ball given our way vs Forest where I went, "OK something very, very weird is going on".

But the very strange takes across the board and continuing lack of mentioning the 115 charges is no longer just a bit puzzling to me - I think it's extremely sinister. I believe City's influence over the media (planted pundits, journalists, "donations" etc.) is far greater than most would imagine.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #4761 on: April 16, 2024, 03:31:58 pm »
City winning it means a bus ride down an emptier than usual Deansgate and a shrug of the shoulders.

City winning it is like a dummy team winning in the fantasy league, means nothing
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4762 on: April 16, 2024, 03:33:53 pm »
I believe City's influence over the media (planted pundits, journalists, "donations" etc.) is far greater than most would imagine.

I think Newcastle are at it as well, why sportswash if you can't buy the media eh?

You'd have to look which journalists have new cars or houses
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4763 on: April 16, 2024, 03:39:59 pm »

I think Newcastle are at it as well, why sportswash if you can't buy the media eh?

You'd have to look which journalists have new cars or houses

No doubt they'll be doing the same things. This season I've barely noticed it, but that's only because they've slid back into mediocrity and so no one cares. Last season, I'd already noticed a lot of the "they're doing it the right way... they could've easily signed these players without the Saudi money anyway" type of bullshit comments in the media.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4764 on: April 16, 2024, 03:41:34 pm »
No doubt they'll be doing the same things. This season I've barely noticed it, but that's only because they've slid back into mediocrity and so no one cares. Last season, I'd already noticed a lot of the "they're doing it the right way... they could've easily signed these players without the Saudi money anyway" type of bullshit comments in the media.

I've started seeing some positive news stories from Newcastle that I never expected and are atypical of what I would expect.

Pep has had an easy ride for years (as did previous managers, including those taking back handers)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4765 on: April 16, 2024, 06:21:21 pm »

The right way spending £300-400m 😂😂😂 great job Eddie !

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4766 on: April 16, 2024, 06:25:32 pm »
Until Man Utd finish the league on 90 odd points and still finish second to City nothing will be said or done and that is a long way off from happening.

They all support City dont they now ?

Its a horrible thought but they could do back to back trebles I mean imagine WANTING them to win its helped create a monster.

Utd fans say they arent bothered but they will be if these c*nts sail past their titles/CLs i mean this is a ckub whose fans were counting charity shields to buff Ferguson record up 🤣

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #4767 on: April 16, 2024, 06:50:08 pm »

Is the Bundesliga, generally speaking, the only European football league that remains somewhat honorable?

It's just been won by a club that gets a special dispensation from the 50+1 rules. Along with Wolfsburg, Bayer are considered a plastic club by the rest of the league. The owners pump in roughly £20m a year and recently pumped in £100m to avoid administration.

Speaking of the owners, Bayer had a factory in Auschwitz camp three. In addition they infected inmates with lethal diseases to test medicine on them. They were also part of the consortium that developed Zyklon B. How's that for a bit of human rights abuse?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4768 on: April 16, 2024, 07:30:59 pm »
It's just been won by a club that gets a special dispensation from the 50+1 rules. Along with Wolfsburg, Bayer are considered a plastic club by the rest of the league. The owners pump in roughly £20m a year and recently pumped in £100m to avoid administration.

There's a massive difference between a historical works team that have been in existence for 120 years and a state-funded one

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #4769 on: April 16, 2024, 07:35:44 pm »
There's a massive difference between a historical works team that have been in existence for 120 years and a state-funded one

One cheats with a dispensation from the league, the other cheats with the league turning a blind eye. ;)

Look I realise there is a difference, but in pro sport there is rarely such a thing as clean hands.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4770 on: April 16, 2024, 07:59:59 pm »
For me unless they are kicked out the league, I won't be interested in football anymore.  I think I have decided that is my line in the sand.

Don't care about stripped titles, re-awards to other clubs e.t.c. Whilst it would be nice to have a higher number against our trophy count, nothing can bring back the joy and celebration we missed out on so I don't care about it to be honest - although others my see it differently.

I’d like the extra 3 titles but that would be the cherry on the top. The icing would be demotion. The cake has to be the stripping of all they’ve won in the period that the investigation covers. Otherwise cheating prospers
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 08:22:21 pm by Wingman »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4771 on: April 16, 2024, 08:54:42 pm »
Agree with the City to win it if we don't shouts.

I want City to win it purely because I see it as a "fuck you" to all the Premier League bigwigs who sat back and allowed the ruination of the division

Best league in the world you say? Well look at it now you spineless, blind-eye-turning, do-nothing c*nts.

That's kind of how I see it. I hope City wreck their fucking brand now
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4772 on: April 16, 2024, 09:01:31 pm »
I’d like the extra 3 titles but that would be the cherry on the top. The icing would be demotion. The cake has to be the stripping of all they’ve won in the period that the investigation covers. Otherwise cheating prospers
Exactly.  It may never give us the glory we were cheated of for sure, but stripping City of their wins and it going down in the history books that we were the best team that didn't cheat, definitely counts for something.

Online LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4773 on: April 16, 2024, 09:03:01 pm »
If we don’t win it I want them winning it every year . Make a joke of the league .

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4774 on: April 16, 2024, 09:43:17 pm »
If we don’t win it I want them winning it every year . Make a joke of the league .

Came to the same conclusion, mate. If we can't win it, I don't care if City do.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4775 on: April 16, 2024, 09:44:07 pm »

They've won 5 of the last 6, and are strong favourites to make it 6 from 7. A team that can't fill its stadium most weeks. It's been well beyond a joke for many years already. They aren't even the biggest club in their own city, never mind anywhere else.

I'm with others here, if they aren't heavily punished, with titles stripped and ejection from the Premier League, then I won't be watching any more, because what's the point? Jurgen has worked miracles to compete with them year after year, but it's utterly exhausting, and they still win almost all the time because of their industrial-scale cheating.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4776 on: April 16, 2024, 09:55:37 pm »
Exactly.  It may never give us the glory we were cheated of for sure, but stripping City of their wins and it going down in the history books that we were the best team that didn't cheat, definitely counts for something.

While part of me would undoubtedly revel in seeing them stripped, there's another part of me that feel's it'd be way too little too late. Nothing more than an empty gesture on the part of the PL, all designed to distract from the fact that City's cheating happened on their fucking watch!

Mansour rocked up in 2008 FFS. They emerged from decades of obscurity to win their first title in 2012. Are we to believe that it took PL Execs almost a decade to bring charges?

Billions in expenditure, bogus sponsorship deals, 100 point seasons, blatant book cooking, it all could have and should have been stopped by the PL long before this. They're just as guilty for turning the division into a farmers league as City IMO, so fuck them and any retroactive awards they might hand out 

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #4777 on: April 16, 2024, 10:06:21 pm »
I see Torquay United saved themselves from almost certain ruin when given an 11 point deduction almost certainly safe now.

Quite a story that one. A club with virtually nothing almost punished into non existence Meanwhile City rumble on winning things and unpunished
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4778 on: April 16, 2024, 10:15:26 pm »

Is the Bundesliga, generally speaking, the only European football league that remains somewhat honorable?

There are a few. Sweden, for example.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-fans-blocked-var-saudi-money-best-league-europe-2757501

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4779 on: April 16, 2024, 10:27:03 pm »
For City to get punished the 'commission' or whomever decides, have to prove a conspiracy between multiple executives at board level, and the falsification of audited accounts....
Everybody in the world knows this is exactly what has happened, but can the Premier League commission prove this ??
I'm resigned to City escaping by the PL being unable to prove sufficiently to satisfy lawyers.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4780 on: April 16, 2024, 10:50:10 pm »
Your not looking at it the right way or maybe I should say the way I am looking at it as there is no right way to look at it. City win the league, everyone goes ‘meh’, after enough ‘mehs’ one of two thing happen, either the authorities start doing something about their cheating or people just stop watching, either way the sports washing is detrimentally affected. If Arsenal win the league the cheating looks less of a problem and the sports washing continues because it’s not that much of a big deal if someone else wins the league and the authorities continue to look the other way.

This is where I'm at with it too. I think City continuously winning it, maybe even a treble again this year, makes it harder to ignore what sportswashing has done to English football. If Arsenal win it then it'll just be "Wonderful! Look how competitive the league is! City are human just like everybody else! What's the problem?". Their cheating can be safely ignored if it's not having such a tangible impact. Whereas if City keep winning all it does is highlight further what an absolute farce this whole situation is, and completely undermines the spectacle of the "best league in the world".
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4781 on: April 16, 2024, 10:56:52 pm »
This is where I'm at with it too. I think City continuously winning it, maybe even a treble again this year, makes it harder to ignore what sportswashing has done to English football. If Arsenal win it then it'll just be "Wonderful! Look how competitive the league is! City are human just like everybody else! What's the problem?". Their cheating can be safely ignored if it's not having such a tangible impact. Whereas if City keep winning all it does is highlight further what an absolute farce this whole situation is, and completely undermines the spectacle of the "best league in the world".

I hear you. So it would be best Liverpool don’t win it either. 😉

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4782 on: April 17, 2024, 12:00:51 am »
Today's i

I like Daniel Storey
115 reasons why Man City’s dominance is a disaster for the Premier League
The Premier League has become the top flight of unspoken asterisks
Arsenal lose, Liverpool lose, Manchester City always seem to win. No team in the history of English football have won four straight league titles, although naturally Pep Guardiola has done it twice elsewhere. Win six more games and nobody can stop what tends to feel inevitable when the clocks go forward.
It is now 14 months since the Premier League charged City with 115 alleged financial breaches. They include 54 counts of failing to provide accurate and up-to-date financial information, 14 counts of failing to provide accurate reports of player and manager compensation and seven breaches of Premier League profitability and sustainability regulations.
City’s case is unprecedented in its scope, severity and complication. City deny any wrongdoing, vowing to fight them and reiterating that intent in their latest accounts last month. A week after the initial charges were made, supporters hung a banner in honour of Lord David Pannick QC, appointed as their lead representation: “Pannick on the streets of London”.
As such, we always expected the process to be lengthy (and confidential). If the case is proven, City may face heavy points deductions, suspension or even expulsion. Linking their case with Everton or Nottingham Forest, as too many are prone to do on social media, is like comparing apples with porpoises. Everton’s initial case lasted five days; City’s will take many months. Were you predicting an end date to all this (any appeal from either party notwithstanding), summer 2025 fits about right.
Football can never stop. The principle of innocent until proven guilty must pervade and, if City are cleared of their charges, a provisional suspension in the interim would have cost them hundreds of millions of pounds in revenue – it was never an option. And so we focus on the minutiae, choosing to believe the maxim that gets less relevant every year: the business of football is football.

Were this the reality of an Eastern European autocrat’s fiefdom, we would roll our eyes. This is happening on our doorstep; it is affecting every club.
The Premier League campaigns for self-regulation while its repeated champion stands accused by the league itself of breaking its rules in the most egregious manner possible.
Those of a Manchester City persuasion might insist that we live in the moment. These charges are historical, relating to a nine-year period that ended in 2018.
But how can that work? Seasons, eras, golden dynasties do not start with the first trophy. They are birthed over years of heavy investment.
John Stones and Kevin De Bruyne were signed during those years when the Premier League alleges that City’s accountancy malpractice effectively afforded them extra wiggle room in the transfer market. If this is the house that Pep built, and nobody denies his genius, the foundations were laid long before. Director of football Txiki Begiristain, who provided such an easy welcome for Guardiola, joined in 2012.
There will be those too who say that owners should be entitled to spend what they want to erode the advantages of the previously established elite. But that is a separate issue here; everybody agrees to abide by the rules. Cheating is cheating, and we have a right to know who was and who wasn’t. In the meantime, what else can we do but wait and wonder.
None of this is good for anyone. City, who plead their innocence in the strongest terms, must surely want to decry any notion of unfairness and they must be aware of the ill-feeling amongst other supporters growing (perhaps they simply do not care).
That is exacerbated by the difficulty the Premier League has even had in bringing the case. The league went to court in 2022 and launched arbitration processes to extract the necessary documents.
All the while, the noise of outrage and scorn reverberates around our national sport and makes the Premier League’s work to punish other clubs look farcical (this is not their fault, but the outcry of the masses shapes your PR reputation). They must have expected rampant cynicism because time and a lack of new information create a void into which cynicism makes its home.
It is easy to ignore all of this if we choose. Focus on the progress of Phil Foden from wunderkind to world star, of De Bruyne’s transcendental brilliance with a ball and two seconds of time, Erling Haaland changing the game so we view a 30-goal season – and counting – as tepid. See the master craftsman, an obsessive manager who nobody could ever deny dragged the game to meet his own excellence.
But as City edge closer to historic achievement, that loses all credence. A league defined by two things: competition and trust. Competition has been effectively eroded over the last 30 years so that the division remains a spectacular financial success that is compartmentalised into blurred tiers, a league of glass ceilings and trapdoors for those outside of the economic elite.
Even then, on a basic level you can at least watch the results and believe wholeheartedly in sporting integrity. Now, a cloud hangs over the title race and the performance of the club now top of the league, a foggy mess of “What if?” quandaries. And still we wait to hear whether everything we saw and savoured was sullied all along. The Premier League has become the league of unspoken asterisks

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #4784 on: April 17, 2024, 06:13:25 am »
The approach to LIV Sportswash of golf is interesting to compare with Football.  The States that want to use sport to influence their image clearly have limitless money to throw at it, so they will go to any levels of whatever it takes to get their sportswashing product to the top. Seems it makes sense (to them) to break the rules to get there as fast as they can. City (115) being the clearest example we are closest to.  What’s interesting about golf is, LIV can scoop up lots of players for stupid money, but it is impossible (I think) to actually cheat the game itself. For example, the manipulation of the Masters with Scottie S win can’t be bought by cheating of the game itself (although they will likely just scoop all the players eventually)
Football, on the other hand, is so open for corruption of the actual sport. I guess the State owners just think “why wouldn’t we, it’s easy to do and we have lots of money”. So FFP breaches, cooking the books, buying referees, buying world Cups, are all easy to do on an industrial scale and almost impossible to govern with current model. In fact it isn’t clear the people at the top of football want to stop it (the money is rolling in after all). All perfect for the City model to still be scooping up all the silverware.
The strangest of all part is -  if you cheat small (Everton, Forest etc) you get some form of token punishments.  If you cheat big, falsify the books, buy the administrators, refs etc…… Here we are.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4785 on: April 17, 2024, 06:46:45 am »
For City to get punished the 'commission' or whomever decides, have to prove a conspiracy between multiple executives at board level, and the falsification of audited accounts....
Everybody in the world knows this is exactly what has happened, but can the Premier League commission prove this ??
I'm resigned to City escaping by the PL being unable to prove sufficiently to satisfy lawyers.
Isn’t that what the PL’s 4 year investigation will have done? Doesn’t the independent panel just decide on what punishment, if any, to dish out?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4786 on: April 17, 2024, 06:53:31 am »
We saw with the super league that ‘fan power’ can influence what happens. If fans boycott Abu Dhabi games then the authorities will do something about it. The problem is, the fans willing accept what Abu Dhabi have done. Not a fucking thing is done or said. Every single time the Cheats players enter a football pitch they should be booed and reminded of what cheating c*nts they are. The fans have a voice in this yet none of them use it.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4787 on: April 17, 2024, 07:04:42 am »
We saw with the super league that ‘fan power’ can influence what happens. If fans boycott Abu Dhabi games then the authorities will do something about it. The problem is, the fans willing accept what Abu Dhabi have done. Not a fucking thing is done or said. Every single time the Cheats players enter a football pitch they should be booed and reminded of what cheating c*nts they are. The fans have a voice in this yet none of them use it.
What are you smoking, mate?! You can't get enough fans to fill the Emptyhat, let alone the streets around it...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4788 on: April 17, 2024, 07:10:09 am »
Theres a sport headline on the BBC, under Man City, titled - How Guardiolas Barcelona destroyed Real Madrid with a byline of "Tactical Masterclass"

Its fucking nauseating.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4789 on: April 17, 2024, 07:17:06 am »
What are you smoking, mate?! You can't get enough fans to fill the Emptyhat, let alone the streets around it...
Seriously, everytime they play an away game, the home fans should be reminding them what cheating c*nts they are and away fans should boycott the Emptyhad.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4790 on: April 17, 2024, 07:42:36 am »
You don't boycott the emptyhad games, you boycott your home games against the cheats. That's how you make a scene.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4791 on: April 17, 2024, 07:54:45 am »
You don't boycott the emptyhad games, you boycott your home games against the cheats. That's how you make a scene.
Either would be fine. Yet nobody does anything.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4792 on: April 17, 2024, 07:57:25 am »

I'm not sure it's that simple.
This isn't a trial in public court - this is a trial by commission that is there to judge by the rules of the Premier League.
And one of those rules is to cooperate fully and in good faith.

They don't have to prove the conspiracy in detail. They can assume the conspiracy has happened and punish them accordingly only on the basis of City refusing to provide documentation and full cooperation. After all, 30% of their charges are about the refusal to cooperate. It was and is in a way a bigger sin than simply cooking the books. Because with creative accounting you are just breaking the rules, but with refusing to cooperate in good faith, now that's more of a 'go fuck yourself you plebs' kind of action, on top of also breaking the rules. In reality - that club could and should be permanently suspended from competing in Premier League until they release everything, in full, as asked - only on basis of their refusal to cooperate. Then they should answer for old and any new charges that may arise from looking into their closet full of skeletons.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:59:26 am by Zlen »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4793 on: April 17, 2024, 08:18:35 am »
Either would be fine. Yet nobody does anything.

Never going to happen.

Why stop there? Should fans boycott Newcastle games? Chelsea?

Maybe every game.

The Premier League has been a corrupt, money making farce for years and yet we're all still tuning in with the hope that something is done soon to make it fair again.

But it won't.

There are too many people making too much money and too many people in the world who will always go the games if you decide not to out of principal.

Either the Premier League end this corruption and we all buy into the game again or we all continue to turn a blind eye every season.

No doubt in my mind a Super League is happening sooner or later anyway.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4794 on: April 17, 2024, 08:22:44 am »
Never going to happen.

Why stop there? Should fans boycott Newcastle games? Chelsea?

Maybe every game.

The Premier League has been a corrupt, money making farce for years and yet we're all still tuning in with the hope that something is done soon to make it fair again.

But it won't.

There are too many people making too much money and too many people in the world who will always go the games if you decide not to out of principal.

Either the Premier League end this corruption and we all buy into the game again or we all continue to turn a blind eye every season.

No doubt in my mind a Super League is happening sooner or later anyway.

& I think that's why the Premier League need to ensure City get their just punishment. A slap on the wrist will see fans pushing for the Super League this time.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4795 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:07 am »
& I think that's why the Premier League need to ensure City get their just punishment. A slap on the wrist will see fans pushing for the Super League this time.

Which fans though? Only ours seem to care. Maybe Arsenal after this season.

Unless you're losing out in title races to them you're not going to be that bothered. Everton and United fans probably would rather the way it is than have City removed and we have a chance to win it.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4796 on: April 17, 2024, 08:31:08 am »
Today's i

I like Daniel Storey
Arsenal lose, Liverpool lose, Manchester City always seem to win. No team in the history of English football have won four straight league titles, although naturally Pep Guardiola has done it twice elsewhere. Win six more games and nobody can stop what tends to feel inevitable when the clocks go forward.
It is now 14 months since the Premier League charged City with 115 alleged financial breaches. They include 54 counts of failing to provide accurate and up-to-date financial information, 14 counts of failing to provide accurate reports of player and manager compensation and seven breaches of Premier League profitability and sustainability regulations.
City’s case is unprecedented in its scope, severity and complication. City deny any wrongdoing, vowing to fight them and reiterating that intent in their latest accounts last month. A week after the initial charges were made, supporters hung a banner in honour of Lord David Pannick QC, appointed as their lead representation: “Pannick on the streets of London”.
As such, we always expected the process to be lengthy (and confidential). If the case is proven, City may face heavy points deductions, suspension or even expulsion. Linking their case with Everton or Nottingham Forest, as too many are prone to do on social media, is like comparing apples with porpoises. Everton’s initial case lasted five days; City’s will take many months. Were you predicting an end date to all this (any appeal from either party notwithstanding), summer 2025 fits about right.
Football can never stop. The principle of innocent until proven guilty must pervade and, if City are cleared of their charges, a provisional suspension in the interim would have cost them hundreds of millions of pounds in revenue – it was never an option. And so we focus on the minutiae, choosing to believe the maxim that gets less relevant every year: the business of football is football.

Were this the reality of an Eastern European autocrat’s fiefdom, we would roll our eyes. This is happening on our doorstep; it is affecting every club.
The Premier League campaigns for self-regulation while its repeated champion stands accused by the league itself of breaking its rules in the most egregious manner possible.
Those of a Manchester City persuasion might insist that we live in the moment. These charges are historical, relating to a nine-year period that ended in 2018.
But how can that work? Seasons, eras, golden dynasties do not start with the first trophy. They are birthed over years of heavy investment.
John Stones and Kevin De Bruyne were signed during those years when the Premier League alleges that City’s accountancy malpractice effectively afforded them extra wiggle room in the transfer market. If this is the house that Pep built, and nobody denies his genius, the foundations were laid long before. Director of football Txiki Begiristain, who provided such an easy welcome for Guardiola, joined in 2012.
There will be those too who say that owners should be entitled to spend what they want to erode the advantages of the previously established elite. But that is a separate issue here; everybody agrees to abide by the rules. Cheating is cheating, and we have a right to know who was and who wasn’t. In the meantime, what else can we do but wait and wonder.
None of this is good for anyone. City, who plead their innocence in the strongest terms, must surely want to decry any notion of unfairness and they must be aware of the ill-feeling amongst other supporters growing (perhaps they simply do not care).
That is exacerbated by the difficulty the Premier League has even had in bringing the case. The league went to court in 2022 and launched arbitration processes to extract the necessary documents.
All the while, the noise of outrage and scorn reverberates around our national sport and makes the Premier League’s work to punish other clubs look farcical (this is not their fault, but the outcry of the masses shapes your PR reputation). They must have expected rampant cynicism because time and a lack of new information create a void into which cynicism makes its home.
It is easy to ignore all of this if we choose. Focus on the progress of Phil Foden from wunderkind to world star, of De Bruyne’s transcendental brilliance with a ball and two seconds of time, Erling Haaland changing the game so we view a 30-goal season – and counting – as tepid. See the master craftsman, an obsessive manager who nobody could ever deny dragged the game to meet his own excellence.
But as City edge closer to historic achievement, that loses all credence. A league defined by two things: competition and trust. Competition has been effectively eroded over the last 30 years so that the division remains a spectacular financial success that is compartmentalised into blurred tiers, a league of glass ceilings and trapdoors for those outside of the economic elite.
Even then, on a basic level you can at least watch the results and believe wholeheartedly in sporting integrity. Now, a cloud hangs over the title race and the performance of the club now top of the league, a foggy mess of “What if?” quandaries. And still we wait to hear whether everything we saw and savoured was sullied all along. The Premier League has become the league of unspoken asterisks

Thanks for posting. He can be added to the very small list of writers with the bollocks to even point out the issues.

I do think the dominance is getting so ridiculous now that there will be a little bit more of this. Still not enough at all, but every little helps.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #4797 on: April 17, 2024, 08:40:07 am »
Today's i

I like Daniel Storey

That's interesting - particularly the bit about the charges only going up to 2018.  There's no doubt in my mind that the discrepancies pre-2018 have facilitated the success post 2018.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4798 on: April 17, 2024, 08:53:24 am »
That's interesting - particularly the bit about the charges only going up to 2018.  There's no doubt in my mind that the discrepancies pre-2018 have facilitated the success post 2018.

If you lie about your qualifications on your first job you get a false bump in virtually role you have after in that industry.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4799 on: April 17, 2024, 09:28:06 am »
At this stage of the season, when they are chasing a consecutive treble, the cheats have zero players out injured. That’s some very special kind of ‘sports science’ at work there.