Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 159488 times)

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
Re: TENNIS
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2011, 10:05:43 pm »
What happened with the Lisicki game? Take it the bet (single on her) will be voided rather than a win.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #281 on: August 31, 2011, 11:37:05 pm »
Walkover.
hi

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 1, 2011, 05:12:56 pm »
Pull it together Stepanek.

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 1, 2011, 06:33:38 pm »
Oh yes Stepanek. Was definitely thinking of me with that retirement.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #284 on: September 1, 2011, 06:40:10 pm »
Monfils & Petkovic double @ 1.72

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: September 1, 2011, 10:12:35 pm »
What are the chances of Blake beating Ferrer? I have an 8 fold accy, 5 of which have come in already, just waiting on Djokovic to beat Berlocq, Nalbandian to beat Ljubicic and Blake to beat Ferrer.

Blake is the only one that isn't the favorite, has he got any chance?

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 2, 2011, 01:56:11 am »
I give him a decent shot. He beat him last year when Blake was playing awful. Ferrer has had injury problems coming into this tournament too. Could be a thriller if the good Blake shows up.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: September 2, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »
blakes pretty poor imo, dont give him much chance of beating ferrer. tho ferrer doesnt cope well under pressure so if blake starts well then you never know, should be a comfortable win for ferrer tho imo.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2011, 05:50:20 pm by LiverLuke »

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: September 2, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »
blakes pretty poor imo, dont give him much chance of beating ferrer. tho ferrer doesnt cope well under pressure so if blake starts well then you never know, should be a comfortable win for ferrer tho imo.

It's only a small stake bet so won't be the end of the world, but would be a nice little return if Blake wins (well assuming Nalbandian does the business as well!)

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 2, 2011, 07:03:51 pm »
It's only a small stake bet so won't be the end of the world, but would be a nice little return if Blake wins (well assuming Nalbandian does the business as well!)
good luck mate

ive got a double murray -8 and pennetta + 5,

pennatta started really well.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #290 on: September 2, 2011, 09:14:18 pm »
Blake is a bum, but one thing I've learned from tennis betting is that anything can happen.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 2, 2011, 10:34:05 pm »
He's got a 2-0 H2H over Ferrer and is at home. It's a winnable match. I've layed Ferrer 3-0, happy enough with that bet.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 2, 2011, 11:34:56 pm »
Blake has had every chance in the world and blown it unfortunately. :(

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 4, 2011, 05:53:30 pm »
fancy chela to beat donald today, chela is the underdog odds wise but donald is so unreliable and chelas a dangerous player

Offline wayne38491

• Official RAWK Lurker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 4, 2011, 06:59:22 pm »
Backing over 11.5 games in the first set of Del Potro v Simon @ 9/4

7 of the 11 sets they have played have had 12 or more games including all 3 at this years wimbledon

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 4, 2011, 06:59:55 pm »
Nadal can fuck off, losing that 5-2 lead.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #296 on: September 5, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »

I don't care if he's playing King Novak, I'm having him at 11/4 to win a set.

EDIT - Why is Fish a dog against Tsonga? In the form of his life (6th in the world for the year and I reckon only Novak would be ranked higher for the last 3 months.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2011, 03:00:47 pm by Wholey »
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 5, 2011, 04:12:01 pm »

I don't care if he's playing King Novak, I'm having him at 11/4 to win a set.

EDIT - Why is Fish a dog against Tsonga? In the form of his life (6th in the world for the year and I reckon only Novak would be ranked higher for the last 3 months.

yeah im on fish, ferrero is also major under dog against tipsarevic, on ferrerro too.

Offline firedragon

• Kopite
« Reply #298 on: September 6, 2011, 11:33:52 am »
Had a decent day yesterday, £17 on  federer 3-0, djokovic  3-0 , tipsarevic to beat ferrero  and Tsonga to beat fish.  Returned 78 quid.   

Gone nadal and muarry to win 3-0 today both were @ 1.53

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #299 on: September 10, 2011, 01:48:24 am »
I'm not as knowledgable with the Tennis as you lot in here, so was wondering if Murray to make the final @ 3.35 is worth keeping? Missed my chance to green up after he went through as i was in work...He went as low as 1.63 as one stage.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2011, 05:12:56 am »
I'm not as knowledgable with the Tennis as you lot in here, so was wondering if Murray to make the final @ 3.35 is worth keeping? Missed my chance to green up after he went through as i was in work...He went as low as 1.63 as one stage.

Well you can lay off for minimal profit or you can take a shot. All depends on your gut.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2011, 11:18:05 am »
Let your tenner ride.

Offline firedragon

• Kopite
« Reply #302 on: September 10, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »
federer odds look tempting just feel he'll come up with a great performance like he did at the french against novak. He'll thrive as the slight underdog.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #303 on: October 6, 2011, 12:30:50 pm »
I had a Berdych/Azarenka double going but Azarenka pulled out before the match. Will I get a refund?
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 6, 2011, 12:31:48 pm »
I had a Berdych/Azarenka double going but Azarenka pulled out before the match. Will I get a refund?

Yeah

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #305 on: October 6, 2011, 12:42:28 pm »
Yeah

Nice one. This tennis betting is all new to me.

We'll both get £20

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #306 on: October 6, 2011, 06:55:14 pm »
Rule #1 of betting on tennis is making sure you don't back Vika with a firm that doesn't void a retirement.
hi

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #307 on: October 7, 2011, 08:03:47 am »
Turns out Bet365 just put the whole stake on the 2nd player. Berdych won so a small return for me.

We'll both get £20

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: January 3, 2012, 11:10:25 am »
Paddy/Wholey/Gianni......... any of you getting involved in the tennis pre aus open?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #309 on: January 3, 2012, 03:46:40 pm »
Might have the odd bet in Melbourne, but not really, not seen anyone in so long it'd be daft to.

Antepost wise, I'm tempted to throw a score on Robin to do the French. 40/1 on someone who's been in 2/3 of the last finals will do me. Been ill and that but 5 months to get back to his best makes it worth a go for me.
hi

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: January 3, 2012, 05:44:40 pm »
There's been some decent odds so far on likes of Gasquet, Karlovic today and then some awful matches where the likes of Querrey and Tursunov don't bother at all.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #311 on: January 3, 2012, 06:00:34 pm »
Too early. People will be using this week to blow out of the cobwebs.

Just taken Djokovic to win the Aus Open.

Will carry on my Azarenka and Pavlyuchenkova obsession in the Women's.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 4, 2012, 12:20:33 pm »
Can't wait for Aus Open to be honest. Is the draw next week?

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #313 on: January 4, 2012, 12:26:13 pm »
Too early. People will be using this week to blow out of the cobwebs.

Just taken Djokovic to win the Aus Open.

Will carry on my Azarenka and Pavlyuchenkova obsession in the Women's.

Price on Novak?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 4, 2012, 02:38:27 pm »
Price on Novak?

I don't think there's better than 6/4 for Novak to win it.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #315 on: January 4, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »
Price on Novak?

Some dribbles on at 7/4 before the exhbo last week and now on at 6/4. If it sticks at 6/4 after the weekend, I'll put more on but I've had to spare some cash after making such a dismal start to the PDC Worlds (took a battering laying Whitlock in the first round and Wright losing to Klaasen).

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: January 4, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »
Can't wait for Aus Open to be honest. Is the draw next week?

Yeah on the 13th I think.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2013, 12:37:23 am »
Had a promotion on Sportingbet where if you make a deposit you get a bonus bet of 50% of the value. Only twist is you have to turn over the original deposit at least once, so I stuck it on Novak to win his match tonight at 1.01 against Lukas Rosol (who beat Nadal), hopefully lightening doesn't strike twice!!

Was tempted to find something like overs/unders and bet on both, but the odds on this site are only 1.91 each so you guarantee to lose 9% for the security of hedging. I'd rather take the chance on Novak doing the business, which barring a miracle should get up - ill be fuming if he loses!!
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Online Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2013, 01:19:58 am »
Had a promotion on Sportingbet where if you make a deposit you get a bonus bet of 50% of the value. Only twist is you have to turn over the original deposit at least once, so I stuck it on Novak to win his match tonight at 1.01 against Lukas Rosol (who beat Nadal), hopefully lightening doesn't strike twice!!

Was tempted to find something like overs/unders and bet on both, but the odds on this site are only 1.91 each so you guarantee to lose 9% for the security of hedging. I'd rather take the chance on Novak doing the business, which barring a miracle should get up - ill be fuming if he loses!!

Careful. Check the small print on the sporting bet turnover.. most offers like that where you have to play through the deposit before withdrawal, you normally only get the amount taken off if the bet is over certain odds.

On Bet365 i think it only counts on bets with odds over 1.5 and i've had another promotion, think it might have been Bwin which was only odds of evens or over counted towards the turn over.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2013, 08:43:44 am »
Careful. Check the small print on the sporting bet turnover.. most offers like that where you have to play through the deposit before withdrawal, you normally only get the amount taken off if the bet is over certain odds.

On Bet365 i think it only counts on bets with odds over 1.5 and i've had another promotion, think it might have been Bwin which was only odds of evens or over counted towards the turn over.

I had a long chat with one of the online operators of their website before doing it, where I specifically asked about any restrictions on what the deposit could be bet on. He said that the only restriction was that the hole deposit was turned over, didn't mention anything about odds (and there was nothing in their T&Cs about that (and I have the transcript just so that if they argue I can prove them wrong). 

Sportingbet seems to be a bit behind the others - as late as last September they had a promo where you could simply make a deposit and then withdraw it without any turnover and you qualified for a free bet. Unfortunately they seem to have tightened up their rules a bit since then...
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!