Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2097781 times)

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #18760 on: July 30, 2021, 02:59:00 pm »
WOW!  Last week they were told everything was getting back to normal, yesterday they were given completely different guidance and it STILL isn't tied down.  This is very, very sensible by the Club.

Honestly some of drama addicts on here is untrue!
Can you elaborate on that? Not doubting it for a second that the ever changing situation or the uncertainty is causing issues for the club, but what’s changed over the last few days?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18761 on: July 30, 2021, 03:01:41 pm »
I’d agree with that if the previous members sale didn’t afford a massive advantage to those who knew how to cheat the system!

What has happened in previous sales have got nothing to do with what is happening with this sale
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18762 on: July 30, 2021, 03:03:23 pm »
So how does he find out about sales in general?  it has all been online for years so not sure what the difference is?

In previous years the announcements were clear and essentially a single notice of when the sale is. This time round has been confusing as fuck, even for those of us who have those years of experience with the sales. Granted there are extenuating circumstances, but it is still putting a number of people who don't spend their days online at a disadvantage.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18763 on: July 30, 2021, 03:03:38 pm »
Cheers - I hoping it's any time from the 3rd onwards. 2nd will be tricky for me.

It wont bbe 2nd, 2nd will be the announcement
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18764 on: July 30, 2021, 03:05:02 pm »
The ballot is designed to get more people to go to fewer matches. First timers and day trippers to spend £££ in the shop. Makes it easier for them to apply and get a ticket when they haven't got a clue how the ticket website normally works.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18765 on: July 30, 2021, 03:05:04 pm »
So how does he find out about sales in general?  it has all been online for years so not sure what the difference is?
Normally, the sales are pretty much the same week each year and there's plenty of notice.  This year the dates are different, only for 3 games, we've had to register and download our cards.  I'll be amazed if there aren't more people caught out this season.  Loads won't have a clue whats going on.

I've been on here every day and still don't feel fully enlightened.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18766 on: July 30, 2021, 03:06:25 pm »
It wont bbe 2nd, 2nd will be the announcement

Friday 6th for the successful ballot entrants

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18767 on: July 30, 2021, 03:07:51 pm »
The ballot is designed to get more people to go to fewer matches. First timers and day trippers to spend £££ in the shop. Makes it easier for them to apply and get a ticket when they haven't got a clue how the ticket website normally works.

Knowing how it works isn't a guarantee for a sale.

People see our fanbase in two groups.

13+ who "work" hard for tickets and "first timers and day trippers"

In truth there are a lot of people who've been going regularly for years and are tired of being online for the sales to end up empty handed while "those that know" are boxed for 9 games inside ten minutes.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #18768 on: July 30, 2021, 03:07:53 pm »
It's a big change this year no doubt, would not surprise me at all if the NFC thing catches loads out.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #18769 on: July 30, 2021, 03:09:18 pm »
Can you elaborate on that? Not doubting it for a second that the ever changing situation or the uncertainty is causing issues for the club, but what’s changed over the last few days?

Premier League have issued draft guidance, apparently mentions all kinds like NFC being compulsory and prepare for COVID passports.

Thats what i am led to believe anyway

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18770 on: July 30, 2021, 03:10:23 pm »
Premier League have issued draft guidance, apparently mentions all kinds like NFC being compulsory and prepare for COVID passports.

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense as to why they’re perhaps holding back on the matches from September onwards then.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #18771 on: July 30, 2021, 03:20:37 pm »
Staggered sales all through the season then I guess.

Anybody else think a staggered sale would be better. Only sell games once BT and Sky have announced fixtures. It would save people buying tickets for games they might not be able to go to

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18772 on: July 30, 2021, 03:22:18 pm »
Anybody else think a staggered sale would be better. Only sell games once BT and Sky have announced fixtures. It would save people buying tickets for games they might not be able to go to

Bless you. You have a pure heart.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #18773 on: July 30, 2021, 03:23:19 pm »

Much better, also think people will be happy not having to spend as much up front

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18774 on: July 30, 2021, 03:39:12 pm »
I'm 13+, so guaranteed, but I'd be more than happy to do individual sales for home games.  We already do that for aways and it doesn't cause any issues.

Doing 19 home sales rather than 2 means more commitment timewise, but at least the randomness of the queue gives you 19 shots at getting something.  It's not all or nothing for those on <13.

Given the likely fluidity of rules/regulations this coming season, it makes even more sense to do each game one at a time.

Offline Red210

• Kemlynite
« Reply #18775 on: July 30, 2021, 03:40:31 pm »
Much better, also think people will be happy not having to spend as much up front

Agree completely

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18776 on: July 30, 2021, 03:47:40 pm »
No. Get them done and out of the way. You can register up to 20 friends or family in case you can’t go, or always hand them back to the club for them to sell again.

Each to their own though.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 03:51:01 pm by D🐶G »

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18777 on: July 30, 2021, 03:47:43 pm »

But then disadvantages those that have to take time off work to buy tickets.

I prefer it all done and dusted in one day.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18778 on: July 30, 2021, 03:50:21 pm »

But they could quote this and say due to PL guidance due XXX we are having delay informing you.  I would certainly include outside influences so people are informed, not everyone is going to know the ins and out on why things take time.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #18779 on: July 30, 2021, 03:59:56 pm »

I do agree! I’d understand if the club was desperate for cash but someone spending £100 extra in the club store ain’t gonna account for much towards a player who earns £100,000 a week!!

It’s basically an exercise for the senior management to pump out their chest to the board/shareholders telling them that they’ve generate x amount of new members. It’s the commercial value that’ll bring when negotiating with sponsors etc.

I miss the days of queueing up at the ground..hahaha

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18780 on: July 30, 2021, 04:00:39 pm »
But then disadvantages those that have to take time off work to buy tickets.

I prefer it all done and dusted in one day.

Same. I can't take 19 mornings off work every season to get tickets. Get it all done and dusted in the morning. Money doesn't even come into it really, I save up through the year for these sales anyway.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18781 on: July 30, 2021, 04:03:29 pm »
But they could quote this and say due to PL guidance due XXX we are having delay informing you.  I would certainly include outside influences so people are informed, not everyone is going to know the ins and out on why things take time.

But they have said that? They've said they hope to have further guidance from the government and Premier League guidelines around large sporting events by September.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18782 on: July 30, 2021, 04:06:10 pm »
So do we get the results for the first 3 home games early next week?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #18783 on: July 30, 2021, 04:08:47 pm »

Tuesday

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18784 on: July 30, 2021, 04:09:00 pm »
This is fair Swoopy and probably true.

But it's also tempered by the fact that demand totally and utterly outstrips supply and a fairer system for people is a spread of tickets rather than the previous all or nothing sales (where a lot of people who weren't savvy, got nothing, every single time).

Hopefully the Anny Road eases the pressure a little but I still don't think it will be enough.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18785 on: July 30, 2021, 04:17:43 pm »
This is fair Swoopy and probably true.

But it's also tempered by the fact that demand totally and utterly outstrips supply and a fairer system for people is a spread of tickets rather than the previous all or nothing sales (where a lot of people who weren't savvy, got nothing, every single time).

Hopefully the Anny Road eases the pressure a little but I still don't think it will be enough.

This is why I was all for a new stadium but it would’ve had to be 80,000 to justify leaving anfield.

Those guaranteed tickets aren’t gonna agree but I’m sure more would that are struggling to pick up tickets for the league and completely off the cup ladder.

Not surprised if more local kids support the other club only to be able to go the game. I didn’t have a problem getting tickets when I was a kid in the 90s it wasn’t as commercial as it is now. We have more coaches parked up for Liverpool fans to get to the game as we do for the away fans haha.

I’m all for the club attracting a global fan base and more supporters but they can’t cater for it like some other big clubs can

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18786 on: July 30, 2021, 04:30:50 pm »
Just to say I managed to get through and the chat was brilliant.

I feel like the ticket office can get a hard time sometimes (I'm guilty of it also).

Hopefully the lady in question has a great weekend

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #18787 on: July 30, 2021, 04:32:07 pm »
Personally i'd much rather have it done over 2 days and not have to think about it for another six months or whatever.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #18788 on: July 30, 2021, 04:34:08 pm »
Hopefully three wins on the march to no.20 🏆
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18789 on: July 30, 2021, 04:44:44 pm »
If you haven’t already done so, you can now download your Member’s NFC pass from the ‘Memberships’ section within My Account.

Not showing as downloadable for me.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18790 on: July 30, 2021, 04:46:28 pm »
Nice to see the club sending more update on emails. To be fair, they’ve been on the ball when explaining things on the emails. The uncertainty they cause is when they post all this stuff on the website hours or even a day or two before. If it was all done concurrently then there’d be less confusion as most the questions asked here are covered in the emails

I’m still getting my head around waiting for the results of a ballot to confirm if I have a chance of going to a prem game. Strange times!!!

Offline vamos tony

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #18791 on: July 30, 2021, 04:48:47 pm »
So i get the email saying i need to download the NFC pass before wednesday, log on to my account and all my registration are there. but no matter what i do the box to download the NFC pass does not allow any further progress, anybody help or do i need to call the club ?
SOS Member 2692
“It is better to die on your feet than live forever on your knees”. Dolores Ibaruri, Asturias, Spain,1934

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #18792 on: July 30, 2021, 04:52:28 pm »
I was at the same stage, but then by chance tried ticking the little tick box next to the membership details.
Once checked the option to download the NTC came live and off i went.

Offline vamos tony

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #18793 on: July 30, 2021, 04:53:32 pm »
So i get the email saying i need to download the NFC pass before wednesday, log on to my account and all my registration are there. but no matter what i do the box to download the NFC pass does not allow any further progress, anybody help or do i need to call the club ?

i think i have figured it out, you have to go on your membership section and select your membership type and that takes to a q code
SOS Member 2692
“It is better to die on your feet than live forever on your knees”. Dolores Ibaruri, Asturias, Spain,1934

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #18794 on: July 30, 2021, 04:55:40 pm »
A further question though
I have registered in the ballot for myself and the wife and two kids.
With the kids being under 10, and not having a phone, what happens then?
There is advice for gaining a stadium pass for this to be picked up from the ticket office on match day.
Does that rule apply to juniors too?

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18795 on: July 30, 2021, 04:57:41 pm »
I was at the same stage, but then by chance tried ticking the little tick box next to the membership details.

It literally tells you to do this on the details the club have on the website and the email you should have received.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18796 on: July 30, 2021, 04:57:54 pm »
I love it when issues that have been asked in the past get repeated every other page...

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18797 on: July 30, 2021, 04:59:13 pm »
I love it when issues that have been asked in the past get repeated every other page...

A lot of pages the last few days, which to me would suggest there's some details which should probably be read  :D

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18798 on: July 30, 2021, 04:59:18 pm »

Top man

Offline chrisfletcher

• RAWK Pyschic. He knows what we're all thinking. He must be pretty pissed off at me then...Shit song writer.
  • Anny Roader
    • Twitter
« Reply #18799 on: July 30, 2021, 05:20:47 pm »
Does anyone know anything yet about the transferring of tickets. I have two memberships but my mate away for the first home game so how do I get another mate to use his card/phone? Not a tout I swear