Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 560265 times)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #12280 on: April 25, 2024, 11:23:28 pm »
I really don’t like this. Until the deal is signed and sealed, and both clubs have finished their seasons, nobody should be talking. It’s disrespectful to both fanbases. Jurgen would NEVER have done this.

to be honest I’m close to fucking off footy anyway. I just don’t care that much anymore. I thought I’d have been bothered about the derby, United result and us not winning the league … but I’m not really.

Jurgen gave us magical human moments, and I’ll treasure them. But now, I just don’t care much anymore. It’s actually liberating. This is all stupid, tribal nonsense. It’s all lost meaning or sense.

Jurgen is going...no surprise. We are out of Europe and 1st place race has fizzled.

They just won their cup and their league position is a safe bet.

There is no disrespect to anyone.

We knew we were looking for a replacement months ago. The rumour mill has been a distraction. I'm glad if we wrap this up this week and we can concentrate on Klopp for the remaining few weeks in the season.   
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline danm77

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12281 on: April 25, 2024, 11:26:32 pm »
Why? An overreaction is to actually give a fuck.

Slot should have kept his trap shut out of respect for his current supporters.

Says a lot about ones character.

Just speaking what I feel my good sir. As I say, I don’t give a fuck anyway :) I’m following Jurgen out the door and retiring from all this bullshit.

You’ll be back no doubt, Liverpool moves on. I will miss Klopp immensely, no one can replace him. But I wouldn’t get too bothered about Slot’s comments. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him and the clubs are already negotiating. Maybe the Feyenoord fans want to hear whether he is thinking of leaving. I mean, Amorim publicly flew in a private jet to go and meet West Ham for fuck sake.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12282 on: April 25, 2024, 11:27:56 pm »
Like all of us, I remember vividly where I was and when, I heard the Klopp news.

The fourth such newsworthy event of my life after, Diana dying, Kenny resigning and 9/11.

After a minute of stunned silence my first response was, at least we’ll get Alonso now before anyone else. I’ve maintained that ‘everything will be alright’ stiff upper lip outlook since, even when it became clear Alonso wasn’t coming. I rode the Amorim wave for a while, while it lasted, but, even after that, have still maintained that stiff upper lip.

But right now, I’m sorry bretheren, I’m going to go to bed, pull the covers over my head, and have a little weep.

99% of them are paid mercenaries mate.

Klopp leaving us is heartbreaking because he wasn’t a mercenary. He’s a rare, beautiful breed and now he’s leaving us, and I wish him well. Through football he taught us so much about life and how to handle situations. He’s making the right call to leave.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12283 on: April 25, 2024, 11:29:07 pm »
Bloody hell, what's Slot done to some of you guys?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12284 on: April 25, 2024, 11:32:46 pm »
Honestly it’s fucking pathetic.. We lose against Everton, Klopp is still our manager, what else is Virgil meant to say about the new guy? Please bring him asap we can’t wait, this old German bugger is tired get him out.. He literally played it with a straight bat like a professional would but some body language experts take it as being cold.. Slot gives an honest answer about going to one of the biggest clubs in the world, hardly a secret he’s going to be our next manager,  a massive honour for him no doubt, but now he’s coming across as desperate? Fuck me talk about nitpicking just to suit your own miserable existence.

Yep, it’s insane. Thought Virgil played it well given a microphone was shoved in his face 10mins after our season basically ended in shit fashion. And if he’d said best Dutch coach he’d have loads of headlines back home for not rating his national team manager, he can’t really win!

The “desperate” stuff is sad, he just sounds excited but apparently that’s not allowed. No doubt if he didn’t talk or give some tame answer he’d be accused of being miserable and half arsed about the job.

Just gonna be one of them now where the people who already hate him dissect every single comment so they can moan about him.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12285 on: April 25, 2024, 11:34:33 pm »
These are good points, and I do share in quite a few of them, but to offer a slightly more optimistic counter-argument:

1. This is not 2015 Liverpool - when we brought Klopp in we needed a top to bottom upheaval and to change the entire mentality and attitude around the club. Klopp did that, and we're being left in a much better place than when he arrived - the need for an absolutely transformational manager has somewhat lessened. Plus, Klopp was an obvious appointment at the time, but I simply don't think there is an equivalent out there right now. Alonso is not in that bracket (yet).

2. Fair, but again we've come a long way in the near 9 years since we appointed Klopp - the structure appears more sound, and ultimately we don't really have a choice but to trust that they will get it right.

3. It's really hard to know how this will pan out - Holland is a weak league but everything is relative, and he's won the league with a side assembled on a shoestring budget and vastly inferior players that he'll inherit here. He's got more experience right now than Arteta (whose side currently top the league) or Alonso did when they inherited their current sides - Arsenal and Leverkusen made what I'm sure would have been considered brave/risky appointments, and have reaped the rewards of that.

4. I think this is less of a concern with Edwards back in place - I'm sure he'll have a wishlist and he may want to work with some players again, or he may not (Klopp didn't) - either way, I think the idea that he'll do an ETH and bring over sub-standard players is probably misplaced - the shortlist will be drawn up by the boffins.

5. I think if this had happened say at the end of 19/20 or 21/22 this could be true, even halfway through this season, but now I'm not so sure - I do think there's an overwhelming feeling of winding down and coming to the end of a cycle about the side right now. Key Klopp players will likely move on, the team looks mentally and emotionally drained and devoid of ideas and it's all just starting to drift and peter out a little bit. It's the least energised the players or fanbase have been in a long while - I think that makes a fresh start easier to take for everyone.

6. This is probably the main concern I have, but I think we have to trust that the new coach will still have his own ideas even if the central tenets of our play remain the same. Plus it's not to say he won't or can't be adaptable. If nothing else, he'll probably find he has his own preferences amongst our current squad, which will bring a degree of freshness to proceedings - everyone starts with a clean slate. And realistically this was always more likely than going a totally different route that would have required extensive recruitment and changing the approach throughout the age groups. It's part of the whole reason for having recruitment be more governed by sporting director types - the club sets a vision, and you recruit for it, so if managers chop and change you don't end up with loads of players the new man doesn't want. Had we gone to a 3-4-3 Amorim style and bought in loads of CBs and WBs and sold some midfielders/wingers, what would happen if it didn't work and we're back in the managerial market again next summer, and all our top options like a 4-3-3.

Yeah, these are all fair comments, and I agree with the views and sentiment. Not gonna lie though, whole thing makes me nervous. One thing I would add, unlike say united, who had years of success, Liverpool are probably less bothered by that at the moment and more forgiving of a slow start.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12286 on: April 25, 2024, 11:36:05 pm »
You’ll be back no doubt, Liverpool moves on. I will miss Klopp immensely, no one can replace him. But I wouldn’t get too bothered about Slot’s comments. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him and the clubs are already negotiating. Maybe the Feyenoord fans want to hear whether he is thinking of leaving. I mean, Amorim publicly flew in a private jet to go and meet West Ham for fuck sake.

You may be right mate. But Slot is making mistakes and poor judgement in talking like this. His character will now be benchmarked against Jurgen’s, which is a very very high bar.

I was actually a fan of appointing Slot. Everything was looking great. But this has put me right off. If I was a Feyenoord supporter I’d be very disappointed in him. Never treat your current club like a stepping stone. Sacred rule. He’s burnt bridges with them now. He better hope this doesn’t go all Nabil Fekir.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #12287 on: April 25, 2024, 11:36:40 pm »
It just didn't feel right to me, the leaks about talks with potential new managers, while we were still in with a shout of the league and should have been focussed on Klopp's last matches. By all means have those conversations in the background, but why was this leaked when we were still fighting for the title and still had a chance of a glorious finish?

It's not a coincidence we crashed out of contention on the same day all the news about Slot came out. Everybody at the club is not pulling in the same direction right now.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12288 on: April 25, 2024, 11:41:42 pm »
Told you FSG would mingebag it.

A Dutch Brendan Rodgers. Mark my words.

Commence operation battle for a top ten place.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12289 on: April 25, 2024, 11:43:57 pm »
;D This place has got so weird

;D

Take names Del!

I know that if we had a manager or player flirting like that we’d be mad like, but honestly, it’s hilarious to me, the Dutch don’t give a shit!  Like he has no qualms whatsoever about saying these things :lmao

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12290 on: April 25, 2024, 11:44:56 pm »
Pages 306-307 of this thread are an absolute dumpster fire 😂

Those that were sold on Amorim, but aren't on Slot, please explain why. Their achievements are so similar that I genuinely think a lot of people are upset about Slot because they think he's not as good looking as Amorim.

The micro analysis of Slot and Virgil's specific words is bizarre too, especially considering Slot at least was almost certainly speaking in Dutch (ESPN Netherlands) and it was translated. Once someone's mind is made up it won't take much for them to find what they need to confirm their opinion - he's on a hiding to nothing with some of you.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #12291 on: April 25, 2024, 11:45:25 pm »

So long as we don't have a modern day Slippy G, we are winning the title then! 🤗
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #12292 on: April 25, 2024, 11:47:51 pm »
Some of you need to fuck off and support Sporting Lisbon, or set up a new Jürgen Klopp religion so you can worship the man.

Liverpool Football Club has existed before managers and after legendary managers.

I will always support Liverpool Football Club, whoever is in charge.

Feel sorry for Slot, he is hated ALREADY and he hasn't walked through the door. Set up to fail by wanker fans.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12293 on: April 25, 2024, 11:47:59 pm »
So why not let the process play out behind the scenes? Why disrespect your existing club and fanbase (that's how I see it, whether you agree or not) by coming out twice in one day saying how excited you are to get out of there?

Strange

The club have clearly leaked our interest in the first instance to be fair.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12294 on: April 25, 2024, 11:48:39 pm »
So long as we don't have a modern day Slippy G, we are winning the title then! 🤗

Wtf is this?

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12295 on: April 25, 2024, 11:48:54 pm »
;D

Take names Del!

I know that if we had a manager or player flirting like that we’d be mad like, but honestly, it’s hilarious to me, the Dutch don’t give a shit!  Like he has no qualms whatsoever about saying these things :lmao

It's a very Dutch trait, brutal honesty. I noticed it in an interview Slot did where he was asked about Spurs' interest in him last year. He said something along the lines of "obviously Feyenoord is a much bigger club than AZ" - of course that's true, it's just a bit jarring to English ears to hear that lack of diplomacy 😅 but I kinda love it.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12296 on: April 25, 2024, 11:51:18 pm »

That is so 2023.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12297 on: April 25, 2024, 11:51:50 pm »

Well you never shirk from giving us your unvarnished opinions. So here’s one of mine: you accuse others of being mingebags, yet you’ve contributed nothing to the running of this site.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline traustibm

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #12298 on: April 25, 2024, 11:54:08 pm »
Are you guys ready to put some coins into the slot machine?
“I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.”
― Bill Hicks

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12300 on: April 26, 2024, 12:02:28 am »

I'd still like someone to come and offer compelling evidence of Slot being a worse choice - or in this case, more of a Brendan Rodgers - than Amorim.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #12301 on: April 26, 2024, 12:09:38 am »
I don't really see what's wrong with Slot being honest about what he wants and what is clearly very likely to happen. I would imagine he has agreed terms already and we are prepared to pay whatever it takes (in a reasonable way) to get him. Feyenoord are not going to ask for silly money, it's just about finding the right amount for both sides. Their season is done and it's clear that Klopp is leaving. So, him letting it be known what he wants to do next, is a positive in my view. Don't really see how it would be better had he just given a noncommittal answer and tomorrow or in a couple of days the deal is officially done.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12302 on: April 26, 2024, 12:11:12 am »
Pages 306-307 of this thread are an absolute dumpster fire 😂

Those that were sold on Amorim, but aren't on Slot, please explain why. Their achievements are so similar that I genuinely think a lot of people are upset about Slot because they think he's not as good looking as Amorim.

The micro analysis of Slot and Virgil's specific words is bizarre too, especially considering Slot at least was almost certainly speaking in Dutch (ESPN Netherlands) and it was translated. Once someone's mind is made up it won't take much for them to find what they need to confirm their opinion - he's on a hiding to nothing with some of you.

I think it’s as simple as people respect the quality of the Portuguese league more than they do the Dutch league, and rightly  so.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12303 on: April 26, 2024, 12:15:38 am »
I think it’s as simple as people respect the quality of the Portuguese league more than they do the Dutch league, and rightly  so.

Plus the fact Amorim has done it twice now by the looks of things after a 20 year drought, and against two big rivals not while Ajax are having an aneurism.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12304 on: April 26, 2024, 12:16:39 am »
His enthusiasm and bravery to take this job is admirable. He must be confident in his own abilities to follow Klopp. Failing at jobs like Liverpool can shape your career. Rodgers will never manage a top club in a competitive league again, when ten Hag gets sacked you won’t see many clamouring for his signature. Even Unai Emery seems to be weighed down by his stint at Arsenal despite what he’s doing with Villa. Going further back you’ve seen the likes of de Boer and Villas-Boas not get a sniff at a top club after a single bad stint.

Come to think of it aside from Arteta, who was the last manager to make a step up like this successfully?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12305 on: April 26, 2024, 12:18:13 am »
Plus the fact Amorim has done it twice now by the looks of things after a 20 year drought, and against two big rivals not while Ajax are having an aneurism.

That too, I don’t think Slots achievements are quite on par, Van Bronckhorst won the league title with Feynoord in 2016, Sporting hadn’t won a league since 2001-2 before Amorim.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12306 on: April 26, 2024, 12:18:50 am »
I don't really see what's wrong with Slot being honest about what he wants and what is clearly very likely to happen. I would imagine he has agreed terms already and we are prepared to pay whatever it takes (in a reasonable way) to get him. Feyenoord are not going to ask for silly money, it's just about finding the right amount for both sides. Their season is done and it's clear that Klopp is leaving. So, him letting it be known what he wants to do next, is a positive in my view. Don't really see how it would be better had he just given a noncommittal answer and tomorrow or in a couple of days the deal is officially done.

I’m not that arsed to be honest as he’s not manager here yet but to play the other side I think you just need to replace Rodgers saying that, how would you feel as a fan?

“I believe that Liverpool will let me join Real Madrid as it would be a massive step for me”.

“There are negotiations ongoing between clubs, I’m here waiting… I’m happy at Liverpool but #Real would be a fantastic opportunity for me”.

Can’t see that going down well to be fair  ;D

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #12307 on: April 26, 2024, 12:22:28 am »
Oh my golly! Here comes your man.Where is my mind?

Bet he will keep Allison, and players fit winterlong.

Vamos!
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12308 on: April 26, 2024, 12:25:51 am »
That too, I don’t think Slots achievements are quite on par, Van Bronckhorst won the league title with Feynoord in 2016, Sporting hadn’t won a league since 2001-2 before Amorim.

I get why people want to big Slot up, get that 100% and don’t see it as a bad thing being a bit positive but I’m just not seeing him on the same level as Amorim as it stands.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12309 on: April 26, 2024, 12:26:37 am »
Some of you need to fuck off and support Sporting Lisbon, or set up a new Jürgen Klopp religion so you can worship the man.

Liverpool Football Club has existed before managers and after legendary managers.

Feel sorry for Slot, he is hated ALREADY and he hasn't walked through the door. Set up to fail by wanker fans.

Spot on.

Not sure what people are expecting?!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #12310 on: April 26, 2024, 12:29:24 am »
I’m not that arsed to be honest as he’s not manager here yet but to play the other side I think you just need to replace Rodgers saying that, how would you feel as a fan?

“I believe that Liverpool will let me join Real Madrid as it would be a massive step for me”.

“There are negotiations ongoing between clubs, I’m here waiting… I’m happy at Liverpool but #Real would be a fantastic opportunity for me”.

Can’t see that going down well to be fair  ;D

It's a different level though. It's a massive step up from Feyenoord to Liverpool. We're playing Real Madrid on a regular basis in the CL (in CL-finals even), even Feyenoord supporters will admit, that their club and Liverpool are not on the same level. They might even  feel a bit proud that someone who has brought them success is getting recognised and given a massive opportunity on a higher level. Having said that, I was never that big a fan of Rodgers and if he had said something like that, it would have been a great explanation why he flew the white flag when we played Real in the CL. The better comparision in my view is Klopp announcing that he's leaving at the end of the season. He said he had to make the announcement out of respect for the supporters and that he owed us the truth.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12311 on: April 26, 2024, 12:29:49 am »

😂😂 the bit about “fuck off and set up a Klopp religion” made me spit my coffee.

Off to the dentist tomorrow

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12312 on: April 26, 2024, 12:34:41 am »

Why? Eredivisie's coefficient is better than Portugal's, while these aggregators have the Dutch league as stronger too: https://www.sofascore.com/football/rankings/uefa https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

Even if you think Portugal is a tougher league it's at best marginally so - at worst, not at all. It's shit justification for writing off Slot when being all in on Amorim.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12313 on: April 26, 2024, 12:35:57 am »
Looks a bit desperate this.

Most pressing concern for me is, would this guy be able to keep our great players around? Is this guy going to convince TAA to sign a new contract? Will he be able to attract the next VVD? To me the answer is a resounding no.

I always knew that the Klopp years were golden years, and I have spent almost an entire decade just enjoying the ride, but you always knew it would end. I fully expect us to go back to the rodgers era of being an also ran. This is not Arne Slot's fault. It is just that we require basically the best manager around to be competitive and he is not that.

:lmao

You absolute miserable twat  :lmao
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12314 on: April 26, 2024, 12:38:05 am »
Why? Eredivisie's coefficient is better than Portugal's, while these aggregators have the Dutch league as stronger too: https://www.sofascore.com/football/rankings/uefa https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

Even if you think Portugal is a tougher league it's at best marginally so - at worst, not at all. It's shit justification for writing off Slot when being all in on Amorim.

Slot does seem a better fit tactics wise than Amorim.

In terms of achievements, they’re pretty similar. Slot has worked wonders at 2 clubs and delivered 1 league title  competing against richer clubs. Amorim has has worked wonders at 1 club and delivered 2 league titties competing against richer clubs.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #12315 on: April 26, 2024, 12:38:45 am »

Exactly. Don’t remember a single manager who’s made the jump from the Dutch league to a major league who’s been successful. Look at Bosz who’s went back to psv. He’s tearing that league apart just now but was deemed not good enough for Dortmund, Leverkusen or even Lyon. They’ve scored 16 goals in the last 3 league games which once again shows the quality of that league.

The logical step for Slot would have been to go to a stronger league and prove himself but the fact he’s landed the Liverpool job after one league title with Feyenoord is absolute madness. Hope the laptop geeks have got this one right but he’s such a massive risk that if this appointment doesn’t go to plan, this could severely set us back years.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12316 on: April 26, 2024, 12:38:52 am »
I get why people want to big Slot up, get that 100% and don’t see it as a bad thing being a bit positive but I’m just not seeing him on the same level as Amorim as it stands.

;D What exactly is that based on, Andy? Because Van Bronkhorst happened to win a title with Feyenoord in 2016? So is VB's achievement as impressive as Amorim? Should we be after him?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12317 on: April 26, 2024, 12:45:07 am »
Honestly, I’m getting to the point where I’d prefer we gave it to Rafa as interim manager for a year, and worked on making an appointment for 2025. I’m not feeling it with either Slot or Amorim.

(Didi Hamann suggestion, and not a bad one to be honest).

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12318 on: April 26, 2024, 12:45:32 am »
Exactly. Don’t remember a single manager who’s made the jump from the Dutch league to a major league who’s been successful. Look at Bosz who’s went back to psv. He’s tearing that league apart just now but was deemed not good enough for Dortmund, Leverkusen or even Lyon. They’ve scored 16 goals in the last 3 league games which once again shows the quality of that league.

The logical step for Slot would have been to go to a stronger league and prove himself but the fact he’s landed the Liverpool job after one league title with Feyenoord is absolute madness. Hope the laptop geeks have got this one right but he’s such a massive risk that if this appointment doesn’t go to plan, this could severely set us back years.

Who would you take instead of him?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12319 on: April 26, 2024, 12:46:37 am »

Van Bronckhorst's team won the title by a single point. The following season they finished 4th, 17 points off first. Van Bronckhorst never got out of the group stage in Europe.