Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2011890 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #15480 on: March 3, 2023, 12:01:33 pm »
He doesnt strike as someone who would leave over wages so I suspect its more his choice, or at least a mutual decision, rather than us 'not caving in to his demands'.

Absolute legend, maybe the most unique player we've ever had
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15481 on: March 3, 2023, 12:02:57 pm »
Feel quite sad about the news to be honest. He’s a legend here and without him it wouldn’t have been possible winning what we have.

Felt the same way about Mane, adore Bobby.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15482 on: March 3, 2023, 12:03:30 pm »
End of an era really.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15483 on: March 3, 2023, 12:05:03 pm »
Probably wants to get himself a nice move to Spain or maybe closer to home. The man is built for the sunshine and has spent the last decade or so out of it.

Good luck to him, what a player. Mad fella, mad teeth.

I always thought we'd sell one, let one go and keep one of Bobby, Mo & Sadio. So it has played out. End of an era, definitely.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15484 on: March 3, 2023, 12:05:06 pm »
Gutted to hear this, but at the same time it's the right choice. Bobby knows he can probably get a good deal for himself elsewhere, but I also think he loves the club and has the self awareness to know it's time to go.

Sometimes the most loyal thing you can do is recognise your time is up and move on to make space for new blood.

« Last Edit: March 3, 2023, 12:07:56 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15485 on: March 3, 2023, 12:06:32 pm »
Good luck Bobby you utter legend
One more goal please mate  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15486 on: March 3, 2023, 12:06:40 pm »
Not sure whether it’s his decision or ours but in any case it’s absolutely the right one. He’s a club legend and one of the best players in our history but the last few years have obviously been mixed so keeping him would have been a decision based on sentiment.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15487 on: March 3, 2023, 12:08:08 pm »
There will never be another like him... :wave

Hard to overstate this. Just a totally unique player almost born for the peak era of a Klopp team.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15488 on: March 3, 2023, 12:08:36 pm »
He hasn't half given us some fun times eh. He's the only player I can think of where I laugh when I watch some of his touches. He only makes the ball move 2 or 3 feet but its pure filth. I always thought in that period where our front 3 where electric, if he was at it the other 2 didn't really have to be at their best to destroy teams because of the space and openings he made. Very unique player and what a send off he'll get

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15489 on: March 3, 2023, 12:08:54 pm »
I feel way worse about this than when Mane left, yet Mane left a better and more important player. Strange, eh?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15490 on: March 3, 2023, 12:09:18 pm »
Probably my favourite player of the Klopp era. Gutted, but it's the right call for all parties

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15491 on: March 3, 2023, 12:09:31 pm »
Hard to overstate this. Just a totally unique player almost born for the peak era of a Klopp team.

We'll change things round in some ways, you won't find a player capable of "playing the Firmino role" because he's the only one who could.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15492 on: March 3, 2023, 12:11:24 pm »
Absolute club legend, nothing but love for the man.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #15493 on: March 3, 2023, 12:12:57 pm »
Ah I thought he'd retire here! A true club legend without question!

Thanks for all the memories Bobby!

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15494 on: March 3, 2023, 12:15:06 pm »
Him leaving is the right end of an era (hopefully start of another). But what a joy Bobby is and has been. Every no look goal, backheel pass, goal celebration has made every win and trophy so much enjoyable

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15495 on: March 3, 2023, 12:17:13 pm »
Michael Edwards said he didn't have a favourite player or signing. But he did name his dog Bobby, so I think we know where the laptop guru stood with him.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15496 on: March 3, 2023, 12:18:10 pm »
Gutted. My favourite current player at the club.

Such an amazing player and such skillz, you'll be sorely missed, dude.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15497 on: March 3, 2023, 12:21:13 pm »
The man of a thousand goal celebrations, and a hundred haircuts

Scored some absolute beauties for us. Created even more. Some of his assists for Mo (Newcastle at home in the title season, Leicester away the season after).

The flicks, the tricks, the no look everythings…

Just a joy.

And he clearly loves his time here. When Coutinho was sold I wondered if he’d want to stick around but having Alisson and Fabinho here seemed to re-energise him. What a boy.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15498 on: March 3, 2023, 12:22:03 pm »
If this is it, then good for Bobby as well, be easy for him to stay here and play a lesser role, but sounds like he wants a new adventure.

He’d leave head held high as one of the most important pieces of one of the best ever LFC teams, and one of the most entertaining players and fun personalities this club has ever had.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #15499 on: March 3, 2023, 12:24:50 pm »
What a legend this man was for our club. Achieved it all and did it with a smile on his face. Can't ask for much more than that.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #15500 on: March 3, 2023, 12:25:01 pm »
Absolute club legend, nothing but love for the man.

That.

Going to miss you Booby lad.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15501 on: March 3, 2023, 12:29:11 pm »
That.

Going to miss you Booby lad.

???

;D

I think we all will. What an amazing player he's been for us.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15502 on: March 3, 2023, 12:32:09 pm »
It was inevitable we would have to break up the band and it started with Mane in the summer.  Bobby going was predictable given the arrival of Nunez and Gakpo (and Jota) but still it hits really hard.

Thanks for the great memories and spending the best years of his career playing for us.  I don't see him sticking around in England so we at least won't be too haunted by him in the future!

For me he's not a "favourite moment" type of player, he's just been joyous throughout most of his time here.  Hopefully with the weight of the decision lifted he'll sign off with a good run of form and a big smile.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15503 on: March 3, 2023, 12:33:10 pm »
Gutted to hear this, but at the same time it's the right choice. Bobby knows he can probably get a good deal for himself elsewhere, but I also think he loves the club and has the self awareness to know it's time to go.

Sometimes the most loyal thing you can do is recognise your time is up and move on to make space for new blood.

Never seen that. Brilliant :)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15504 on: March 3, 2023, 12:33:25 pm »
One of my favourite bits about Bobby is nearly all his yellow cards have been from taking off his shirt after doing something disgustingly amazing.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15505 on: March 3, 2023, 12:35:45 pm »
Said it in the transfer thread, but if he is leaving shortly then his send off should be superb. The final home game might just be 90 minutes of Si Senor.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #15506 on: March 3, 2023, 12:36:10 pm »
@Plettigoal - Excl. News #Firmino: He will LEAVE Liverpool after 8 years! It’s decided! The player has informed #Klopp personally & today. It was a good talk. He won’t extend his contract. He will leave the club as a free agent in summer.

I'm not crying... you are.

Is this reliable?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15507 on: March 3, 2023, 12:36:31 pm »
Ah Bobby, great player when he was on it, not so much when he wasnt :D always played with a smile on his face which Is what I'll remember when he's gone

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15508 on: March 3, 2023, 12:40:26 pm »
Genuine lump in the throat sat here. This boy arrived in a difficult moment for the club and I just loved the sheer joy he brought to the field. He was the vital cog in a front three that had me feeling like a little kid again waiting for match day. From the sublime to the ridiculous, it's been an absolute privilege to watch Bobby redefine a position and do his thing in our Red shirt.

Absolute Prince of a player. One of the finest to do it for us, no doubt about that.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15509 on: March 3, 2023, 12:42:15 pm »
Love the man. Legend in every sense of the word. Hope he gets a big contract somewhere in the sun.
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15510 on: March 3, 2023, 12:42:36 pm »
There's a time for everything and all that.

An absolute joy to watch. If he were smiling, you know you were in for good stuff. Also, remember what Gini said about his pressing.

He hasn't half given us some fun times eh. He's the only player I can think of where I laugh when I watch some of his touches. He only makes the ball move 2 or 3 feet but its pure filth. I always thought in that period where our front 3 where electric, if he was at it the other 2 didn't really have to be at their best to destroy teams because of the space and openings he made. Very unique player and what a send off he'll get

Nice summary that mate.

As been said before on here; if you love football, you love Bobby Firmino.

Wish him all the best.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15511 on: March 3, 2023, 12:43:07 pm »
Remember that last minute winner against Spurs with about 1,000 fans allowed on the Kop and he sprinted down that end to celebrate. He fucking loved it.

There was another great rendition of his song that season against Wolves which was maybe the first game fans were allowed back in for.

Always turned up against City. Tons of goals against Arsenal and Spurs. Quite a few against Chelsea I think. Had forgotten but also scored the goal that made us World Champions! So many good memories.

Nostalgia fest for me this afternoon I think.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15512 on: March 3, 2023, 12:43:38 pm »
Is this reliable?

Yeah it's appearing on all the club-related feeds.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #15513 on: March 3, 2023, 12:48:14 pm »
Love you, Bob. What a ride we've all been on together. Defines this era like nobody else for me. Sad day, but goes out my absolute hero.

The WhatsApp groups will miss my "game for Bob, this" catchphrase.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15514 on: March 3, 2023, 12:48:58 pm »
If this is true I am gutted. It makes me nervous too many players leaving all at once as well. We need to make sure they are replaced. Bobby has been a delight here some wonderful goals and even more  brilliant celebrations. I will miss him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15515 on: March 3, 2023, 12:49:50 pm »
Remember that last minute winner against Spurs with about 1,000 fans allowed on the Kop and he sprinted down that end to celebrate. He fucking loved it.

There was another great rendition of his song that season against Wolves which was maybe the first game fans were allowed back in for.

Always turned up against City. Tons of goals against Arsenal and Spurs. Quite a few against Chelsea I think. Had forgotten but also scored the goal that made us World Champions! So many good memories.

Nostalgia fest for me this afternoon I think.

I'd just like to offer a public health warning that some of these Firmino compilation videos that are already doing the rounds are able to cause allergic reactions/create dusty rooms. Strange one.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15516 on: March 3, 2023, 12:53:22 pm »
Sad sad sad news. One of my favorite players.

But - he's probably doing us a favor as well - we need to rebuild and move forward.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #15517 on: March 3, 2023, 12:58:15 pm »
Legend.

This does signal the end of an era given when he arrived and what he has achieved since. We will all miss him. I still think he could a job from the bench, as I suspect the club did, but he obviously wants a new challenge a more guaranteed playing time which he won`t get here.

And you know he will give everything until the end of the season. Love the lad
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15518 on: March 3, 2023, 01:01:33 pm »
Probably  the right thing to do as a club and in terms of squad building, but that doesn't make the news any less sad.

An absolute joy to watch, a true Liverpool legend, arguably the most perfect embodiment of the Klopp era of our club.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15519 on: March 3, 2023, 01:01:34 pm »
I'd just like to offer a public health warning that some of these Firmino compilation videos that are already doing the rounds are able to cause allergic reactions/create dusty rooms. Strange one.

There’s a full 9 minutes of him, Mo and Sadio in all their glory and it did bring a tear to the eye. I’m forty fucking four. :D

Proper end of an era feel (not to Klopp, just that front three). God they were just so perfect together.