Author Topic: India - deteriorating?  (Read 64177 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: India - deteriorating?
« Reply #760 on: January 5, 2024, 06:27:44 pm »
Sincere condolences and I wish I had seen this earlier. I went through almost the same in terms of having to put into place a Power of Attorney. The main thing to note is that a Power of Attorney is that it needs to be registered at the local Registrar's office. This is a bureaucratic nightmare but it happens for good reason as there are lots of forced document signatures. In simple terms, we had a lawyer draft up a Power of Attorney (which I redrafted as the original draft was pretty terrible; welcome to India, I guess). You then need to have it registered or at least that was the process in Chennai. This was easy enough but it meant going up to the office every morning, waiting for the Registrar's arrival and fighting with a million people to get the documents looked at. I found it hard to even blame the Registrar there as he was just a very busy man and there aren't enough of him to do what the government regulations require but that's the bureaucracy in a nutshell. India is both under-regulated and over-regulated simultaneously.

Thank you

The plan is that my dads brother who lives in India will get all the paperwork ready and book an appointment with the Registrar so that once we get there it’s all pretty straightforward as my uncle is supposed to be buying the land from us, but I trust him as far as I can throw him to be honest so I suspect nothing will get done. If that’s the case then it is what it is, my main thing is we’re only there for 10 days and we don’t waste time going from pillar to post not making any progress with the legal stuff but at the same time not getting to do anything else either.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: January 8, 2024, 08:53:10 pm »
So it looks like there has been some progress, I was bored last night so thought I’d check the Punjab Jamabandi website and for a laugh I put in my name rather then my dads and see if anything comes up and surprisingly it did, and while my reading and writing of Punjabi isn’t great it does appear that the land has now been passed on to me, my mum and my brother which is the first step to getting everything sorted. What’s quite remarkable is I only sent copies of my fathers death certificate and our passports to my cousin electronically on 22/11 and the land records were updated on 30/11 which is a lot quicker then anything like that gets done in the UK!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: January 9, 2024, 12:31:21 pm »
So it looks like there has been some progress, I was bored last night so thought I’d check the Punjab Jamabandi website and for a laugh I put in my name rather then my dads and see if anything comes up and surprisingly it did, and while my reading and writing of Punjabi isn’t great it does appear that the land has now been passed on to me, my mum and my brother which is the first step to getting everything sorted. What’s quite remarkable is I only sent copies of my fathers death certificate and our passports to my cousin electronically on 22/11 and the land records were updated on 30/11 which is a lot quicker then anything like that gets done in the UK!
That is incredible!

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2024, 05:17:53 pm »
Congress declined to attend the 'Ram Mandir' inauguration / 'Praan PratishThha' which I feel is brave and perhaps the correct thing to do.

A few Shankaracharyas also declined to attend and one of them is quite candidly saying this event is intentionally timed for elections and also gave a few other religious reasons. He is right, but the actual reason why he is not attending is because he is a casteist idiot.

Moving on to more important stuff:

"India's all-female news outlet faces sexism, death threats. A new film tells the story" - https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/04/04/980097004/indias-lowest-caste-has-its-own-news-outlet-and-shes-in-charge

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2024, 09:07:19 pm »
https://time.com/6564148/ayodhya-ram-temple-modi-india/

What a load of shite this temple is. It's a who's who of India Inc. profiteering on the real estate, at least a theme park is honest.
India is what it is now, because Hinduism was a pretty chilled, flexible, all options open type of conditioning, stayed out the way of the stuff that matters. One step removed from not having any religion at all. Once you go further down that rabbithole, start othering groups, start dictating terms and attempting supremacy...then, in action, you're no different to Islam's perfect track record of wrecking every region it controls.  India will burn, if you lose sight of the mechanics that enabled the improvement. Morons.
It's great that Modi understood that the economy and infrastructure pay the bills for his racist playbook, but Modi will die sometime, there will be succession, and that salted earth will remain.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 09:12:47 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: January 21, 2024, 12:10:54 am »
This won’t end with Modi, the BJP has changed the country in a way that can’t easily be undone unfortunately, and if anything they are continuing to strengthen their grip on the country, such is the nature of India’s flawed democracy. Congress were in power continuously for the first 50-60 years since independence and I can see the BJP doing exactly the same now.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: January 21, 2024, 08:54:44 am »
India is what it is now, because Hinduism was a pretty chilled, flexible, all options open type of conditioning, stayed out the way of the stuff that matters. One step removed from not having any religion at all.
I don't think this was ever the case. India's founding fathers were better than its neighbours'. That's all.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #767 on: January 21, 2024, 11:42:38 am »
https://time.com/6564148/ayodhya-ram-temple-modi-india/

What a load of shite this temple is. It's a who's who of India Inc. profiteering on the real estate, at least a theme park is honest.
India is what it is now, because Hinduism was a pretty chilled, flexible, all options open type of conditioning, stayed out the way of the stuff that matters. One step removed from not having any religion at all. Once you go further down that rabbithole, start othering groups, start dictating terms and attempting supremacy...then, in action, you're no different to Islam's perfect track record of wrecking every region it controls.  India will burn, if you lose sight of the mechanics that enabled the improvement. Morons.
It's great that Modi understood that the economy and infrastructure pay the bills for his racist playbook, but Modi will die sometime, there will be succession, and that salted earth will remain.

C of E.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: January 22, 2024, 06:12:44 am »
You might see a lot of propaganda saying that it was "proven" in the court that there was a temple below the demolished mosque. But this was not proven in the Supreme Court at all despite the judgment to build a temple.

[2019] "No, the Supreme Court did not uphold the claim that Babri Masjid was built by demolishing a temple. The Archaeological Survey of India’s report on the site did not provide evidence for this, the judges concluded." -  https://scroll.in/article/943337/no-the-supreme-court-did-not-uphold-the-claim-that-babri-masjid-was-built-by-demolishing-a-temple

The judgment is here https://www.sci.gov.in/pdf/JUD_2.pdf (511 and 512 are the relevant bits).

If you understand Hindi, this is how news channels and reporters behave in India: https://twitter.com/yehlog/status/1749299014992847170

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: January 22, 2024, 03:39:37 pm »
I just read on the BBC that the mandir isn’t even finished yet, only the ground floor has been completed.

Obviously the rushed opening ceremony while the building is incomplete is nothing to do with upcoming elections …
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: January 22, 2024, 04:01:55 pm »
You might see a lot of propaganda saying that it was "proven" in the court that there was a temple below the demolished mosque. But this was not proven in the Supreme Court at all despite the judgment to build a temple.

[2019] "No, the Supreme Court did not uphold the claim that Babri Masjid was built by demolishing a temple. The Archaeological Survey of India’s report on the site did not provide evidence for this, the judges concluded." -  https://scroll.in/article/943337/no-the-supreme-court-did-not-uphold-the-claim-that-babri-masjid-was-built-by-demolishing-a-temple

The judgment is here https://www.sci.gov.in/pdf/JUD_2.pdf (511 and 512 are the relevant bits).

If you understand Hindi, this is how news channels and reporters behave in India: https://twitter.com/yehlog/status/1749299014992847170

Completely, but while the Babri Masjid may or may not have been built on the remains of a demolished mandir, it’s also worth adding that such and similar incidents did happen, certainly in Punjab and Delhi there were instances of this happening with religious sites being destroyed or converted from one religions use to another, the bit people forget is it wasn’t always Muslims who were the perpetrators, sometimes they were the victims.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #771 on: January 22, 2024, 04:08:44 pm »

It's great that Modi understood that the economy and infrastructure pay the bills for his racist playbook

I'm not sure that's the right way round.

Those that drove Brexit (the funders sitting behind it, not the old-school, Empire-missing, flag-waving cretins) and sit behind the ERG and those who have tried to shape the post-Brexit UK don't genuinely go for that nationalism and far-right 'anti-woke' bollocks. They just whip it up amongst just enough people to help them to electoral success, where they can implement their real intention - deregulation, destruction of redistributive public services, and lower taxes that predominantly benefit the super-rich.

The fat, orange anus in the US used a very similar tactic to get success, coupling it with his MAGA snake oil. Between 2016 and 2020, he paid some lip service to his MAGA shite, but mainly set about giving massive tax cuts to the super-rich, which slashing the budgets for public services and welfare.

In India, there's been a mammoth programme of deregulation under the BJP, which have chiefly benefitted the rich and those who own/run businesses/capital. The farmers' protests in 2020/21 were all about resisting the imposition of the three farm bills, which are designed to remove protections for farmers, whilst handing new 'business opportunities' for parasitic corporates to trade in farm produce. Meanwhile, India continues to have millions live in abject poverty but celebrates multi-millionaires and billionaires.

So, is [economically hard-right] Modi just using Hindu 'nationalism' to assist his and the BJP's quest for control over economic policy?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 04:10:54 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: January 22, 2024, 05:08:03 pm »
I'm not sure that's the right way round.

Those that drove Brexit (the funders sitting behind it, not the old-school, Empire-missing, flag-waving cretins) and sit behind the ERG and those who have tried to shape the post-Brexit UK don't genuinely go for that nationalism and far-right 'anti-woke' bollocks. They just whip it up amongst just enough people to help them to electoral success, where they can implement their real intention - deregulation, destruction of redistributive public services, and lower taxes that predominantly benefit the super-rich.

The fat, orange anus in the US used a very similar tactic to get success, coupling it with his MAGA snake oil. Between 2016 and 2020, he paid some lip service to his MAGA shite, but mainly set about giving massive tax cuts to the super-rich, which slashing the budgets for public services and welfare.

In India, there's been a mammoth programme of deregulation under the BJP, which have chiefly benefitted the rich and those who own/run businesses/capital. The farmers' protests in 2020/21 were all about resisting the imposition of the three farm bills, which are designed to remove protections for farmers, whilst handing new 'business opportunities' for parasitic corporates to trade in farm produce. Meanwhile, India continues to have millions live in abject poverty but celebrates multi-millionaires and billionaires.

So, is [economically hard-right] Modi just using Hindu 'nationalism' to assist his and the BJP's quest for control over economic policy?

An interesting view but I don’t think it’s correct. Cozying up to the oligarchs is a useful policy because it provides Modi with donations and media support, but I don’t think the oligarchs are the puppet masters behind Modi anymore then Russians oligarchs are the puppet masters of Putin. Modi isnt a puppet and say what you want about him but I don’t believe he’s in it for the money, he’s an ideologue through and through.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: January 23, 2024, 02:43:35 am »
Modi has no personal business or enterprise of his own. He lies and exaggerates his claim that he came from nothing, but I would still say that he came from nothing. This is one reason the public likes him and it might be his only +ve trait.

The caste system historically put control of capital in certain hands. A core tenet of Hinduism is varnashrama. Liberalisation of the economy in 1991 has actually helped some people on the lower end of the spectrum to move up. Still, at the same time, it further consolidated the grip of people who have controlled capital for centuries. Though Modi does not come from a privileged background, he is a useful idiot in the grand scheme of things, and, at the same time, he is not a puppet. Furthermore, he isn't very bright (scholarly) either and gets easily swayed by stupid economic advice.

His policies mostly help the rich - and the rich in India usually belong to certain caste groups who have been predominantly BJP/RSS supporters. They are not the majority by any means but control the narrative: media and businesses.

"Income inequality in India: Top 10% upper caste households own 60% wealth" - https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/income-inequality-in-india-top-10-upper-caste-households-own-60-wealth-119011400105_1.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 02:45:13 am by Bullet500 »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: January 23, 2024, 01:09:47 pm »
Modi has no personal business or enterprise of his own. He lies and exaggerates his claim that he came from nothing, but I would still say that he came from nothing. This is one reason the public likes him and it might be his only +ve trait.

The caste system historically put control of capital in certain hands. A core tenet of Hinduism is varnashrama. Liberalisation of the economy in 1991 has actually helped some people on the lower end of the spectrum to move up. Still, at the same time, it further consolidated the grip of people who have controlled capital for centuries. Though Modi does not come from a privileged background, he is a useful idiot in the grand scheme of things, and, at the same time, he is not a puppet. Furthermore, he isn't very bright (scholarly) either and gets easily swayed by stupid economic advice.

His policies mostly help the rich - and the rich in India usually belong to certain caste groups who have been predominantly BJP/RSS supporters. They are not the majority by any means but control the narrative: media and businesses.

"Income inequality in India: Top 10% upper caste households own 60% wealth" - https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/income-inequality-in-india-top-10-upper-caste-households-own-60-wealth-119011400105_1.html

Thanks for that background (and to WLR). India isn't an area of expertise for me (no, really  ;D), but I hate what Modi/the BJP appear to represent, and have a tendency to pile in without knowing all the facts/background.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: January 23, 2024, 03:55:58 pm »

Thanks for that background (and to WLR). India isn't an area of expertise for me (no, really  ;D), but I hate what Modi/the BJP appear to represent, and have a tendency to pile in without knowing all the facts/background.

One of the key things with Modi (at least for me) is his family. He has no children, he’s not doing all of this to pass on to a favoured son or daughter or to build a family dynasty of some kind like the Neru/Gandhis, he’s married but only in name and has pretty much been separated from when he got married and as far as I am aware there are no relatives in positions of power or that he’s thrown money at or anything like that. A lot of leaders (especially the tyrants) have done similar in the past where they have hidden families and lovers from the public eye to make it look like all they care about is the country and the cause, the difference with Modi is that it’s not an act, it’s actually how he is.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: January 23, 2024, 07:01:36 pm »
One of the key things with Modi (at least for me) is his family. He has no children, he’s not doing all of this to pass on to a favoured son or daughter or to build a family dynasty of some kind like the Neru/Gandhis, he’s married but only in name and has pretty much been separated from when he got married and as far as I am aware there are no relatives in positions of power or that he’s thrown money at or anything like that. A lot of leaders (especially the tyrants) have done similar in the past where they have hidden families and lovers from the public eye to make it look like all they care about is the country and the cause, the difference with Modi is that it’s not an act, it’s actually how he is.
Something tangentially related: "Biographer on Vajpayee's Life, From Helping Lay Ground For Gandhi Killing To His Adultery, Lovechild " - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWPhgFhYlg8

Interesting discussion how the Indian society was surprisingly far more forgiving to Vajpayee.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: February 2, 2024, 10:36:17 pm »
Here we go again....

"After court order, devotees worship at Gyanvapi Mosque's basement at midnight. Eye witness accounts said that a large number of devotees had gathered outside the temple to visit the basement, known as 'Vyasji ka Tehkhana' as the family members of one Somenath Vyas used to worship there for several decades." - https://www.deccanherald.com/india/uttar-pradesh/hours-after-court-orders-prayers-performed-inside-cellar-of-gyanvapi-mosque-2874411

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: February 3, 2024, 10:11:24 am »
Here we go again....

"After court order, devotees worship at Gyanvapi Mosque's basement at midnight. Eye witness accounts said that a large number of devotees had gathered outside the temple to visit the basement, known as 'Vyasji ka Tehkhana' as the family members of one Somenath Vyas used to worship there for several decades." - https://www.deccanherald.com/india/uttar-pradesh/hours-after-court-orders-prayers-performed-inside-cellar-of-gyanvapi-mosque-2874411

The genie is out of the bottle after Ayodhya now, and every diickhead with political ambitions or seeking re-election will be jumping on the bandwagon and laying claim to the nearest mosque
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: February 12, 2024, 01:40:31 am »
Farmers protests look like they might be starting again tomorrow according to the media as there still seems to be some MSP related debate (although on the ground there doesn’t seem to be any preparations at the moment), state boarders are being closed and barricaded and yours truly is wondering how he is going to get from Punjab to Delhi on Friday :D
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: February 12, 2024, 04:40:31 am »
Demolition of Muslim houses and mosque in Haldwani. No media coverage.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: February 13, 2024, 04:33:35 pm »
"The Indian Army's torture and murder of civilians in a restive Jammu" - https://caravanmagazine.in/crime/indian-army-torture-jammu-and-kashmir-poonch-bjp-gujjar-bakkerwal

This URL has been taken down because of an order from the ministry of information and broadcasting under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021. The Caravan is in the process of challenging the order.

Meanwhile, the police is using drones with tear gas shells against farmers in Punjab and Haryana.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: February 13, 2024, 05:30:16 pm »
"The Indian Army's torture and murder of civilians in a restive Jammu" - https://caravanmagazine.in/crime/indian-army-torture-jammu-and-kashmir-poonch-bjp-gujjar-bakkerwal

Meanwhile, the police is using drones with tear gas shells against farmers in Punjab and Haryana.
I tried to snag the text for you. The best I can do is the first couple of paragraphs:
MIR HUSSAIN’S FAMILY was not a wealthy one, and they did not have a large house, but they made do. His eldest son, Noor Ahmed, had joined the Border Security Force—the paramilitary force patrolling India’s porous frontier with its Muslim-majority neighbours—assuring the family a stable income. For everything else, the octogenarian Hussain and his 76-year-old wife, Zainab Bi, depended on their second son, Safeer Ahmed. Safeer spent much of his day managing small-time construction contracts for the panchayat in Topa Peer, a tiny isolated village in Jammu and Kashmir, one of the most militarised regions in the world and mere kilometres away from one of the globe’s most tenuous borders. The jobs were not that glamorous, though, mostly involving getting firewood from the surrounding thick forests, cleaning snow off the sagging rooftop or taking the corn he grew twelve kilometres downhill to the town of Bafliaz, in Poonch district. Hussain is terminally ill, and, when his maladies would get severe, Safeer would carry him on his back down a treacherous path, a three-hour hike, to the nearest hospital.

Safeer had also walked the thin line that was required for a Muslim family to have some sense of security along the border. The village of around sixty ramshackle houses had an army post nearby, in which were stationed the 48 Rashtriya Rifles. Army men—many of whom Safeer was on a first-name basis with—used to often roam in the village, asking locals for cigarettes, groceries or other essentials they lacked at camp. Safeer, well-trained in the treks to and from Topa Peer, was asked to work as a porter and informer for the army unit, an offer he had refused, much to the chagrin of military men. They occupied a part of his house, for which they paid no rent. Noor, who was with the BSF’s intelligence unit along the Rajasthan border at the time, recalled that in August 2023, a horse the army had tied there caused significant damage to the rented room. “When Safeer complained about the damages, he was summoned to the army post,” Noor told me. “But, that day, I called the police station house officer, the army’s junior commissioned officer and the special-operations group commander.” Safeer was released, though the security personnel kept his phone for a few days.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: February 13, 2024, 06:40:48 pm »

They didn’t stop us last time, they won’t stop us this time either.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: February 13, 2024, 07:37:32 pm »
"This Website Tracked Hate Crimes in India. Then the Government Took It Offline. With weeks to go until the start of national elections, India’s right-wing government has forced X and ISPs to block Hindutva Watch." - https://www.wired.com/story/india-elections-right-wing-website-ban/

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: February 13, 2024, 10:49:31 pm »
"This Website Tracked Hate Crimes in India. Then the Government Took It Offline. With weeks to go until the start of national elections, India’s right-wing government has forced X and ISPs to block Hindutva Watch." - https://www.wired.com/story/india-elections-right-wing-website-ban/

Hindu-fascists

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: February 15, 2024, 05:48:58 pm »
"India’s Supreme Court scraps Electoral Bonds in setback to Modi’s BJP" - https://www.reuters.com/world/india/indias-supreme-court-scraps-opaque-election-funding-system-2024-02-15/

> India's Supreme Court on Thursday scrapped a seven-year-old election funding system that allows individuals and companies to make unlimited and anonymous donations to political parties, calling it "unconstitutional".

Some good news.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: February 16, 2024, 04:48:19 am »
So after a 10 hour overnight journey starting at 8PM and finishing at 6AM going through a lot of villages and unpaved backwater roads and tracks we managed to safely get out of Punjab, through Haryana and into Delhi by car. This entire trip has been an absolute nightmare from beginning to end with the only positive being that we did manage to get the Power of Attorney between me, my brother and my mum put in place after His Majesty, Sir Ji, the Thesildar decided he’d actually come to work.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: February 16, 2024, 10:20:11 am »
So after a 10 hour overnight journey starting at 8PM and finishing at 6AM going through a lot of villages and unpaved backwater roads and tracks we managed to safely get out of Punjab, through Haryana and into Delhi by car. This entire trip has been an absolute nightmare from beginning to end with the only positive being that we did manage to get the Power of Attorney between me, my brother and my mum put in place after His Majesty, Sir Ji, the Thesildar decided he’d actually come to work.
Sounds like fun. But I'm glad you managed to get the PoA sorted out.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #790 on: February 16, 2024, 11:02:08 am »
"India’s Supreme Court scraps Electoral Bonds in setback to Modi’s BJP" - https://www.reuters.com/world/india/indias-supreme-court-scraps-opaque-election-funding-system-2024-02-15/

> India's Supreme Court on Thursday scrapped a seven-year-old election funding system that allows individuals and companies to make unlimited and anonymous donations to political parties, calling it "unconstitutional".

Some good news.

Surprised it took them so long. But I feel it will affect congress more than BJP.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #791 on: February 16, 2024, 03:54:31 pm »

Some good news.

The opaqueness and hiding the identity of donors is simply wrong and has no place in a democracy. Should have been done earlier.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #792 on: February 16, 2024, 04:07:17 pm »

This is simply wrong and incorrect, Modi is hardly right wing when it comes to economics. If anything his popularity is due to delivery of welfare schemes like Toilets, Health Insurance, life Insurance , Crop insurance, Free gas cylinders, free bank accounts, housing for poor, clean tap water, free ration for 800 million people etc etc.

It is incredibly frustrating for me that his government despite having all the political capital in the world doesn’t push through reforms which one would call right wing economics , for example privatization of resource guzzling public sector companies or labour, land and farm reforms.

As for the farm reforms that were proposed earlier - none of the protections were being taken away, a parallel system was being introduced which is for the benefit of the farmers. It is the same system that is being used in every major developed economy in the world including UK.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: February 16, 2024, 05:40:38 pm »
Health Insurance? The push is pretty strong for pseudoscience-based Ayurveda and Homeopathy medicine for treatment plans. An actual waste of taxpayers money and harmful for people enrolled. You can figure out whom it benefits the most.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #794 on: February 16, 2024, 08:08:08 pm »
Health Insurance? The push is pretty strong for pseudoscience-based Ayurveda and Homeopathy medicine for treatment plans. An actual waste of taxpayers money and harmful for people enrolled. You can figure out whom it benefits the most.

What the fuck are you even talking about and where are you getting your facts from?  Ayushman Bharat scheme doesn’t cover Ayurveda treatment only, you can use the cover as you wish (it covers 12-1300 procedures, pre and post hospitalization) So it benefits the most vulnerable who need access to healthcare.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: February 17, 2024, 04:47:33 am »
What the fuck are you even talking about and where are you getting your facts from?  Ayushman Bharat scheme doesn’t cover Ayurveda treatment only, you can use the cover as you wish (it covers 12-1300 procedures, pre and post hospitalization) So it benefits the most vulnerable who need access to healthcare.
Learn to comprehend ;D. If any insurance covers any Ayurveda or Homeopathy treatment in any way of form, it is indeed a waste of taxpayers money. PS: In case you didn't know, AB-PMJAY does not cover Ayurveda. :)

The push is indeed strong  ;D - "Promotion of Ayurveda and Government Efforts in Alternative Medicine: Ayushman Bharat, AYUSH Wellness, and Medical Tourism in India" - https://www.narendramodi.in/promotion-of-ayurveda-and-government-efforts-in-alternative-medicine-ayushman-bharat-ayush-wellness-and-medical-tourism-in-india-579240

More pseudoscience push - "IRDAI brings AYUSH treatment under health insurance cover from April 1. Details here" - https://www.livemint.com/insurance/news/irdai-brings-ayush-treatment-under-health-insurance-cover-from-april-1-irdai-ayush-coverage-homeopathy-yoga-11706865256272.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:51:55 am by Bullet500 »

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: February 18, 2024, 09:14:50 am »
Embarrassing: https://www.twitter.com/ANI/status/1759092970022691004

Just look at Rajnath Singh. :lmao

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: February 18, 2024, 10:15:57 am »
"Telegram, Under the Radar, Remains a Key Source of Hindutva Hate Speech. Hate speech targeting Muslims, women and minorities flood channels. Where does the impunity come from?" - https://thewire.in/communalism/telegram-continues-to-be-the-chosen-medium-for-hindutva-hate-speech

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: February 18, 2024, 03:55:43 pm »
So, I went to the Lal Quila yesterday and I noticed that none of the contents of the museums and exhibitions there actually covered the history of the Quila itself, its building, its history, all of the contents was about the independence struggle and Bose. Has this always been the case? The last time I went there was as a kid so can’t really remember much about it but it appears to me that they are trying to bury the site’s actual history (most of which is Islamic) and creating a new (and possibly false) history tied to the independence movement.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: February 18, 2024, 05:00:05 pm »
So, I went to the Lal Quila yesterday and I noticed that none of the contents of the museums and exhibitions there actually covered the history of the Quila itself, its building, its history, all of the contents was about the independence struggle and Bose. Has this always been the case? The last time I went there was as a kid so can’t really remember much about it but it appears to me that they are trying to bury the site’s actual history (most of which is Islamic) and creating a new (and possibly false) history tied to the independence movement.
I think this has always been the case. You need to go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Fort_Archaeological_Museum