Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Last post by oojason on Today at 07:09:13 pm »

Nübel double save vs. Leverkusen on 67' - https://v.redd.it/qkq19k74a2xc1

Odilon Kossounou disallowed goal for Leverkusen on 78' (VAR; offside) - https://streamin.one/v/ce4a30a5 & https://streamin.one/v/ce4a30a5
I'd definitely agree with that, we were lucky against Forest just before that as well.

Yeah City game for me too, had more than enough chances to win that. Same vs United and Arsenal at home, we do not have the quality in attack that we had a couple of years ago.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)
« Last post by mullyred94 on Today at 07:08:12 pm »
If he had end product he'd be one of the best forwards in the world.

Sums up alot of players though to be fair
« Last post by smicer07 on Today at 07:07:56 pm »
On what planet are they ‘pricks’ exactly?

Earth?
« Last post by bird_lfc on Today at 07:07:24 pm »
😦 Wish someone would actually beat these pricks.

On what planet are they ‘pricks’ exactly?
This Is Anfield understands that the match official had actually signalled an advantage after the clash between the two players in the area.

That advantage came to an end when Gakpo attempted to close down the ball, forcing Taylor to stop play.
Have you seen the clip?

He’s probably panicked did the first thing he could think of to get out of it, which was telling the keeper to go to ground.

The fact that he's trying to cover it up is what I find really incredible. He fucked up by blowing his whistle to stop Gakpo from getting the ball. Surely the mature thing to say is, "oh sorry, I thought I'd given a freekick, but I realise now I hadn't. I'll do a drop ball to restart." I could even sort of get if he'd just lied and said he gave a freekick. But to make the keeper sit down for a non-existing injury (and not even a head injury), and get the physios to come on, all just in a completely stupid attempt to cover up his error is really weird.
Betting, Drafts and Fantasy/Prediction Leagues / Re: The Acca Pool
« Last post by Barneylfc∗ on Today at 07:05:28 pm »
0 - 3 at the moment, from 2 shots on target. Slask have had five.

A poor pick from me for once. Ruch rooted to bottom of the table and pull off that result  :'(
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 07:04:56 pm »
I view it the opposite people going over the top. It was an argument they probably over it. Mane got thick with Salah too before they got over it. People are too sensitive now days

Nah, this isn't anything like Mane's little tantrum. Completely different. That was after getting subbed and in the heat of coming off the field. And it was directed at a fellow player who had failed to pass to him a couple of times, not at the manager who had done nothing wrong and dropped you weeks after you actually deserved it. And Mane was at least absolutely doing the business on the field - like it or not, that makes it easier to justify getting a cob on.

This is a different level of disrespect. And a complete and utter lack of showing leadership or caring about group harmony. I'm actually amazed how many are acting like it's fine or even a positive. It's shit behaviour and not acceptable in my opinion. Such an undignified end to a great period.
The issue is that his is not a case of doing each thing a little (10-20%) better linearly, it's a case of needing to massively improve (30-40%, let's say) on certain fundamentals.

I would love for it to happen and have a superstar forward, but we already ended up seeing the final two years of Klopp somewhat wasted due to having a lot of replacements of the old guard who are not quite at the required level. A team that was feared for its deadly finishing just as recently as a couple of years ago is now struggling to score goals.

Does Slot want to take that risk again? He will want to bring in at least one top forward anyway, and someone will surely have to make way in the starting lineup. That may not be Nunez, but with the way Diaz played today, it easily could be.

He has 19 goals and assists in the league, don't think theres that much improvement needed.

If his conversion rate lifted 10% for example he'd probably hit 30 combined easily would he not?

While his link up etc has been off lately people were praising him two months ago for the same thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10