Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 349470 times)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Chelsea FC - the Prodigal Messiah Returns
« Reply #29880 on: June 4, 2023, 08:20:37 am »
I assume the biggest problem next season for Chelsea will be Chelsea telling players to leave and players telling Chelsea, fuck you pay me my £200,000 every week for the next decade.

Whats' that thing called again......................squad harmony, yeah that's it

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29881 on: June 4, 2023, 08:32:36 am »
I assume the biggest problem next season for Chelsea will be Chelsea telling players to leave and players telling Chelsea, fuck you pay me my £200,000 every week for the next decade.

Whats' that thing called again......................squad harmony, yeah that's it

I'd love for them to have a few more Winston Bogarde situations there,Boehly's idiocy deserves it.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #29882 on: June 4, 2023, 10:59:38 am »
I was listening to some Chelsea fans and they were talking about bringing in new players. I’m like you want MORE players. What the fk are they going to do with all of the players that are sitting there in a massive squad.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29883 on: June 6, 2023, 01:10:23 am »
Adam Crafton@AdamCrafton_
Exclusive Paris Saint-Germain drafted a legal letter to complain to Sporting Lisbon on Sunday after media reports emerged suggesting Chelsea might take a stake in the Portuguese club as part of a proposed transfer for Manuel Ugarte.

Sources close to dealings between Chelsea & Sporting deny a minority stake in the Portuguese club was discussed in relation to the transfer, but PSG intended to write to Sporting for answers + escalate matter to UEFA until Chelsea pulled out on Sunday eve.

PSG’s draft legal letter cited UEFA rules that forbid one club from owning shares/securities in another while participating in UEFA competitions & expressed concern that commercial leverage such as a stake could be used to influence a transfer
« Last Edit: June 6, 2023, 02:04:10 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29884 on: June 6, 2023, 01:13:46 am »
Exclusive Paris Saint-Germain drafted a legal letter to complain to Sporting Lisbon on Sunday after media reports emerged suggesting Chelsea might take a stake in the Portuguese club as part of a proposed transfer for Manuel Ugarte.

Sources close to dealings between Chelsea & Sporting deny a minority stake in the Portuguese club was discussed in relation to the transfer, but PSG intended to write to Sporting for answers + escalate matter to UEFA until Chelsea pulled out on Sunday eve.

PSG’s draft legal letter cited UEFA rules that forbid one club from owning shares/securities in another while participating in UEFA competitions & expressed concern that commercial leverage such as a stake could be used to influence a transfer
Sounds like Chelsea and Sporting might have been scared out of breaking some rules and testing some laws/regulations

Thankfully arbiters of all things fair play ... checks notes... PSG?!... were switched on and made sure it didn't happen

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #29885 on: June 6, 2023, 01:55:10 am »
I was listening to some Chelsea fans and they were talking about bringing in new players. I’m like you want MORE players. What the fk are they going to do with all of the players that are sitting there in a massive squad.
It's an addiction, once you start collecting them you just can't stop yourself  ;D

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29886 on: June 6, 2023, 02:50:18 am »
PSG: "NOOOOoooo, you can't cheat that way, you can only cheat this way!"

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29887 on: June 6, 2023, 07:08:26 am »
PSG: "NOOOOoooo, you can't cheat that way, you can only cheat this way!"

The "participating in UEFA competitions" bit means they weren't cheating ;D

Hopefully the c*nts end up back where they came from and their only trips to Europe are Cardiff, Swansea & Wrexham

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #29888 on: June 6, 2023, 07:09:16 am »
Here’s me expecting them to slow down a bit. Just spent almost £20m on a 16 year old from Ecuador.. 

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29889 on: June 6, 2023, 07:29:54 am »

Really great to see such a strong stance from Qatar Sports Investments, owners of PSG and 21.67% of Braga.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29890 on: June 6, 2023, 07:59:28 am »
Here’s me expecting them to slow down a bit. Just spent almost £20m on a 16 year old from Ecuador.. 

Who do they think they are, Brighton?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #29891 on: June 17, 2023, 06:39:54 pm »
Just football getting more and more fucked each day  ::)

From journalist Ben Jacobs on Twitter:

Clearlake and PIF have an excellent relationship. And the latter are driving many high-profile moves to Saudi on behalf of Al-Nassr, Al-Hilal, Al-Ittihad, and Al-Ahli. #CFC see an opportunity to offload some players to Saudi. And PIF have multiple Chelsea players on their radar.

With all these high-profile deals the club is often selected quite late in the process, but the aim is to populate all four clubs with stars to create Riyadh and Jeddah rivalries with global appeal. Next season there will new TV deals, and an English highlights show is expected.

These transfers are fluid. Player input matters, too, but PIF, and the Saudi Pro League, are driving many of these moves. By the time the club president flies in, it's often for final negotiation or even just handshakes and photos. This was certainly the case with Ronaldo.

A good example of this is also N'Golo Kante and Al-Nassr. They thought they had a chance for ages, and were even the 'frontrunner' at one point. But suddenly it was radio silence and they realised they were powerless to sign him. Now he's joining Al-Ittihad.

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1670068528425193474?s=20

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #29892 on: June 17, 2023, 06:43:51 pm »
*sighs* :-[

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29893 on: June 17, 2023, 11:15:27 pm »

Clearlake and PIF have an excellent relationship. And the latter are driving many high-profile moves to Saudi on behalf of Al-Nassr, Al-Hilal, Al-Ittihad, and Al-Ahli. #CFC see an opportunity to offload some players to Saudi. And PIF have multiple Chelsea players on their radar.

With all these high-profile deals the club is often selected quite late in the process, but the aim is to populate all four clubs with stars to create Riyadh and Jeddah rivalries with global appeal. Next season there will new TV deals, and an English highlights show is expected.

These transfers are fluid. Player input matters, too, but PIF, and the Saudi Pro League, are driving many of these moves. By the time the club president flies in, it's often for final negotiation or even just handshakes and photos. This was certainly the case with Ronaldo.

A good example of this is also N'Golo Kante and Al-Nassr. They thought they had a chance for ages, and were even the 'frontrunner' at one point. But suddenly it was radio silence and they realised they were powerless to sign him. Now he's joining Al-Ittihad.

Even for modern football that approach is incredibly artificial.  Such a depressing state of affairs.

I'm not convinced Chelsea will have much luck flogging their deadwood to Saudi Arabia but then I didn't foresee Brazilian international Oscar joining Shanghai either.  Grossly inflated fees for Aubameyang and Kepa incoming.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29894 on: June 17, 2023, 11:41:59 pm »

As long as they are signing players over 30, I don't have a problem with this circus. Most of you are probably too young to remember the 70's, when the top veteran players like Pele, Cruyff and Beckenbauer joined the North American Soccer League ...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #29895 on: June 18, 2023, 06:42:36 am »
Can’t wait to get my Riyadh Jeddah half and half.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29896 on: June 18, 2023, 10:05:38 am »
Chelsea are basically me on football manager, monitor everyone else’s transfer business and swoop in and scoop up every single decent prospect by silly addons and wages, I’d basically check every country’s new intake of wonderkid regents and double their wages.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29897 on: June 18, 2023, 11:12:04 am »
Going through their account, they look screwed.

This season, this ratio must be 90% or less:

(Wages+Agent fees+Amortisation and any impairment of transfer fees)/(Adjusted revenue+profit or loss on player sales).

Their core revenue (infrastructure improvements aren't included) can't absorb their current costs. Hence, they are a selling club that is dependent of selling players for more than their amortised value. Why is this an issue anyway? It is because they need to accept losses on some of their big money flops like Lukaku to get them off their wage bill. From an accounting POV, it'd be better to continue loaning him out that cut their losses which will put them more in the red. The issue is that there are new limits to the number of players they can loan out.

They MUST sell well but clubs know that they are desperate and might try to lowball them which will be pointless. Also, the 9-year contract offered to some players will make their amortised values higher for a longer period of time which would make it hard to shift them for a profit if they flop. For example, Fernandez's amortised value is still around €100m. Now, the profit on sales considers the last 3 years and then divides that by 3. This means that only a 3rd of any profit they make will be factored in.

The analysis I did was using their latest accounts (when they add CL football). Now, they aren't even in Europe which will really hit their wallets and tighten their margins.

I don't see them passing FFP next season. Will be very interesting to see how they go about it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 11:20:44 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #29898 on: June 18, 2023, 11:19:22 am »
Even for modern football that approach is incredibly artificial.  Such a depressing state of affairs.

I'm not convinced Chelsea will have much luck flogging their deadwood to Saudi Arabia but then I didn't foresee Brazilian international Oscar joining Shanghai either.  Grossly inflated fees for Aubameyang and Kepa incoming.

I completely forgot about him. I'm astonished he's still only 31 and he's actually still there. I would have thought he'd play a couple seasons and then may go back to Brazil.

A quick google search from a few different websites list him being on 400k a week..  :D
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #29899 on: June 18, 2023, 07:32:18 pm »

You can just whiff that new plastic smell and the fake glitter.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29900 on: June 18, 2023, 07:51:28 pm »
Going through their account, they look screwed.

Spoiler
This season, this ratio must be 90% or less:

(Wages+Agent fees+Amortisation and any impairment of transfer fees)/(Adjusted revenue+profit or loss on player sales).

Their core revenue (infrastructure improvements aren't included) can't absorb their current costs. Hence, they are a selling club that is dependent of selling players for more than their amortised value. Why is this an issue anyway? It is because they need to accept losses on some of their big money flops like Lukaku to get them off their wage bill. From an accounting POV, it'd be better to continue loaning him out that cut their losses which will put them more in the red. The issue is that there are new limits to the number of players they can loan out.

They MUST sell well but clubs know that they are desperate and might try to lowball them which will be pointless. Also, the 9-year contract offered to some players will make their amortised values higher for a longer period of time which would make it hard to shift them for a profit if they flop. For example, Fernandez's amortised value is still around €100m. Now, the profit on sales considers the last 3 years and then divides that by 3. This means that only a 3rd of any profit they make will be factored in.
[close]

The analysis I did was using their latest accounts (when they add CL football).Now, they aren't even in Europe which will really hit their wallets and tighten their margins.

I don't see them passing FFP next season. Will be very interesting to see how they go about it.

I'm convinced that the story about Boehly thinking they automatically qualified for Europe is true.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29901 on: June 18, 2023, 08:25:17 pm »
Would you be happy like?

I played most of my career in the Saudi or Chinese league

Wouldn't you feel like you wasted your talent? It's a certain type of character that makes a move like this I guess.

I always remember that Brazilian guy that went straight to China from Fluminense in Brazil and never played in Europe. Was good enough to play in Europe. What a waste.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29902 on: June 18, 2023, 08:26:53 pm »
Would you be happy like?

Wouldn't you feel like you wasted your talent? It's a certain type of character that makes a move like this I guess.

I always remember that Brazilian guy that went straight to China from Fluminense in Brazil and never played in Europe. Was good enough to play in Europe. What a waste.

Think there are definitely a mix of those players who do it because they love the game, and those who do it because they just happened to be good at it and can make a fortune doing it - the latter of which are prob more likely to go where pays the most.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29903 on: June 18, 2023, 10:08:16 pm »
So Saudi Arabia are funnelling money in to Chelsea. Then Saudi teams spending £25m on deadwood like Koulibaly. Stinks.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29904 on: June 18, 2023, 10:22:28 pm »
Would you be happy like?

A lot of South American players grow up in poverty. For them, playing for clubs like Flamengo or River Plate, as well as for their national teams, is the pinnacle of their careers. Everything else is just business ...

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29905 on: June 18, 2023, 11:01:39 pm »
So Saudi Arabia are funnelling money in to Chelsea. Then Saudi teams spending £25m on deadwood like Koulibaly. Stinks.

Absolutely reeks this. Wouldnt surprise me if one of them bid silly money for a random academy player so it helps them hit ffp.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29906 on: June 18, 2023, 11:45:36 pm »
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1670536582305120263?s=20

Koulibaly's fee would allow them break even. Doesn't really help them get out of the hole they've dug themselves into.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #29907 on: June 19, 2023, 05:25:07 am »
Think there are definitely a mix of those players who do it because they love the game, and those who do it because they just happened to be good at it and can make a fortune doing it - the latter of which are prob more likely to go where pays the most.

That’s it. Even if you love it and are a middling player, why not take that pay increase? You could argue the morals, but has any player suggested they care about morals, those going over there or not?

And it’s not like it’s China, it’s so much closer.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29908 on: June 19, 2023, 07:50:08 am »
As long as they are signing players over 30, I don't have a problem with this circus. Most of you are probably too young to remember the 70's, when the top veteran players like Pele, Cruyff and Beckenbauer joined the North American Soccer League ...

I do when its allowing clubs to get away with breaking ffp.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29909 on: June 19, 2023, 07:51:15 am »
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1670536582305120263?s=20

Koulibaly's fee would allow them break even. Doesn't really help them get out of the hole they've dug themselves into.

On that transfer yes but they should never be breaking even with it....thats the problem. They are essentially signing players risk free.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 09:14:25 am by Wghennessy »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29910 on: June 19, 2023, 07:54:33 am »
Dodgy as fuck all this.

So PIF who invest in clearlake and own Newcastle are now buying players to help Chelsea meet FFP. Football is finished.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 07:56:11 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29911 on: June 19, 2023, 09:16:31 am »
Dodgy as fuck all this.

So PIF who invest in clearlake and own Newcastle are now buying players to help Chelsea meet FFP. Football is finished.

The 8 year contracts were bad enough. Chelsea are taking the piss.

Koulibaly, Mendy and Ziyech are all garbage players that would command small fees...fully expect Chelsea to get over 100mil for that load of dross.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29912 on: June 19, 2023, 09:35:49 am »
The 8 year contracts were bad enough. Chelsea are taking the piss.

Koulibaly, Mendy and Ziyech are all garbage players that would command small fees...fully expect Chelsea to get over 100mil for that load of dross.

PIF have interests in Chelsea and Newcastle. Surely that isn't allowed?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29913 on: June 19, 2023, 09:48:51 am »

I dont think it matters anymore...money talks. The PL will destroy their own brand if this carries on especially if United arent taken over by the Qataris.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29914 on: June 19, 2023, 10:09:38 am »

The FA are opposed to Chelsea signing a kit sponsorship deal with Paramount Plus as it could upset the league's broadcast partners, but have no issue with Newcastle getting an extraordinary deal from Sela which is owned by PIF.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29915 on: June 19, 2023, 10:11:05 am »

It's done, really, isn't it? Top Flight Football is just over as an entity. I don't think anything has happened in the last 12 months or so that would make you think the future of the game looks good.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29916 on: June 19, 2023, 10:37:07 am »
It's done, really, isn't it? Top Flight Football is just over as an entity. I don't think anything has happened in the last 12 months or so that would make you think the future of the game looks good.

I think it is personally yes. They opened the gates with the Newcastle owners and havent tried to close it since.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #29917 on: June 19, 2023, 10:38:50 am »
They opened the gates well before Newcastle

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29918 on: June 19, 2023, 10:58:11 am »
They opened the gates well before Newcastle

Oh i agree but with Newcastle they had an opportunity, having seen what has happened with City, to put their foot down and they didnt. The premier league is a mess and I cant see how they can fix it now.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29919 on: June 19, 2023, 11:02:29 am »
Oh i agree but with Newcastle they had an opportunity, having seen what has happened with City, to put their foot down and they didnt. The premier league is a mess and I cant see how they can fix it now.
I mean they had a chance to stop City after seeing what happened with Chelsea. Until the Ukraine war caught up with him it was a superb sportswashing/money laundering exercise by Roman...