5 (0.6%)
Watford
33 (3.9%)
West Ham United
7 (0.8%)
Wolverhampton Wanderers
17 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 289

Author Topic: Relegated from Premier League 2018/2019  (Read 14307 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Relegated from Premier League 2018/2019
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2018, 09:41:14 am »
Brighton have made some really good signings and are a lot better than most.

Fulham need a striker but also got some good players in.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2018, 09:42:07 am »
Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2018, 10:25:12 am »
Bang on there mate. I work with a Burnley fan, he is 53 this year, its the second time since he was born they were in Europe and when he goes to the Aberdeen game, it is his first ever taste of European football at Turf Moor. He survived the same kind of cancer that killed one of my oldest mates, so he's lucky to even be here to go and see this. If they get through this stage, then I very much doubt anyone travelling to Turkey for the next game has ever watched Burnley play abroad. Most or maybe all of their current support won't see this ever again, this should be an adventure for them and the club. We take it for granted, my first European game was Barcelona in the 76 UEFA cup semi, I took two of my nephews when they were 6 to their first game at Anfield, both were CL Qualifiers and while my lads haven't been to a proper game yet, they have watched us in two Finals, I'd be fuming if we were in their position and the club didn't take it seriously.

Insane really as these early games are more likely to get them off to a good start in the league if they treat them seriously and then if the early start takes it's toll they can still add more people to the squad in January to in order to ensure they didn't get dragged down into a relegation battle and would have given their fans something to remember.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 11:06:56 am »
7 votes, so far, for the Toon.

You got to be kidding me here    :P
theyre votes for fat mike

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 11:28:21 am »
Everton could be real dark horses this year.  Relatively untested manager and a squad not all that different from last season.  Richarlison will probably get them some goals but they are still ponderously slow.  The best Silva can do is make them difficult to beat I think.

Newcastle could be vulnerable thanks to Fat Mike, but I hope they cling on.

West Ham have brought in, what, seven new players?  That's a lot to bed in.  A rough patch could see them spiral.

Southampton seem very weak; if they get sucked into a dogfight will they have the character to fight their way out?

Reckon Cardiff will be this season's fresh meat.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2018, 11:54:45 am »
Insane really as these early games are more likely to get them off to a good start in the league if they treat them seriously and then if the early start takes it's toll they can still add more people to the squad in January to in order to ensure they didn't get dragged down into a relegation battle and would have given their fans something to remember.

Am I missing something? Burnley played a really strong side didn't they?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 12:06:45 pm »
I'm surprised that many people are sure that Huddersfield will get relegated. They have a good coach and made some interesting signings.

I hope that Newcastle will avoid the drop. One of the more likeable PL clubs and Benitez deserves to succeed.

Cardiff will surely get relegated, I hope that Palace and Everton will join them.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 12:11:43 pm »
Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton/Watford.

Depends on what Watford do with the Richarlison money really.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 01:03:20 pm »
Cardiff, Huddersfield and Watford. I would pick Newcastle, but I expect Rafa to perform a minor miracle and keep them up.

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2018, 01:12:51 pm »
Cardiff, Huddersfield, Fulham for me.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »
Bang on there mate. I work with a Burnley fan, he is 53 this year, its the second time since he was born they were in Europe and when he goes to the Aberdeen game, it is his first ever taste of European football at Turf Moor. He survived the same kind of cancer that killed one of my oldest mates, so he's lucky to even be here to go and see this. If they get through this stage, then I very much doubt anyone travelling to Turkey for the next game has ever watched Burnley play abroad. Most or maybe all of their current support won't see this ever again, this should be an adventure for them and the club. We take it for granted, my first European game was Barcelona in the 76 UEFA cup semi, I took two of my nephews when they were 6 to their first game at Anfield, both were CL Qualifiers and while my lads haven't been to a proper game yet, they have watched us in two Finals, I'd be fuming if we were in their position and the club didn't take it seriously.

There's recent history of English teams not taking the Europa seriously, West Ham and Southampton both played to get knocked out early and avoid the group phase. I honestly think Everton wanted to progress but we're just, well, shite.

I can't think any fan wouldn't want to have European nights, even if the opposition is Slovan Liberec, rather than PSG. Conspiring to get knocked out early is rank managerial cowardice.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2018, 02:13:31 pm »
Only the one team without a vote so far, Arsenal    :shocked

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2018, 01:10:36 am »
Without doing the Predictor, Cardiff to be adrift all season, joined by Huddersfield into the new year.

I don't think there was anything meaningful to choose between the bottom 14 clubs last season.

The third relegation place is open. basically, all the clubs are rather ordinary, with all their own weaknesses. e.g. Watford look hampered by injuries last season with a squad strong on numbers, Fulham and Burnley look weak on squad depth.

Burnley have an easy starting fixture list and West Ham a difficult one. So we might see Burnley up top early on and West Ham at the bottom.

Southampton and Fulham play a passing game which can produce attractive football, but drop home points.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:37:12 am by Perseus »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2018, 03:42:56 am »
It's too late to change my choice in the poll but having given it some thought, I'm changing my third vote from Brighton to Fulham. They relied heavily on loanees last season, most of which have gone back and haven't been replaced. They have a tiny squad and their best players are either massively inexperienced (Sessegnon), chronic injury cases or (Schurrle) or apparently physically unable to play in cold weather (Seri). Obviously, they could still do some decent business before the window closes but as things stand it doesn't look great.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2018, 05:55:46 am »
Cardiff because there team looks bad and they have Colin W. as there manager. Honestly managerial ability counts for a lot at that level.

Watford too much instability not enough quality in the team. If they invest the money Everton just gave them wisely things can be different

Southampton they have some talent in the squad but are very one-dimensional when attacking. Also Hughes's teams are not known for defensively solidity.

Newcastle will survive barely thanks to Rafa I think but they need to spend money or else they will go down in the next few seasons.

Fulham have quality in midfield and wide areas. A lot of players and a manager unproven in PL but I think they will manage.

West Ham need to improve their defense but their attack and midfield are quite good and Pellegrini should keep them safe.

The owl is an okay manager for a team fighting relegation. He will keep Palace safe.

Burnley can shit the bed if European games become an issue.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2018, 07:08:35 am »
Cardiff

Huddersfield Town

Southampton

Don’t score enough goals.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2018, 09:24:36 am »
Cardiff - they’ve changed nothing from being the 2nd or 3rd worst passing team in the championship.  That won’t work in the PL.
Everton - Just because
Newcastle - Their squad was really bad last year and it’s no better now., Rafa can only work so many miracles.

The rest have either recruited seemingly well or should be good enough to stay up regardless.

Though a special word for Burnley, the way they are intending to treat the Europa League is a disgrace and for that they deserve to go down.  What are the odds of their fans or players ever getting this opportunity again?  What’s the difference between 7th and 12th in the PL?  Barely anything.  So either you think last year was a fluke in which case you need to spend to insure you stay up or you need to spend so Europe doesn’t drain you more than it should.  Yet they’ve done shit and are just throwing it away, it’s a disgrace to their supporters.

Burnley played a full strength team at Aberdeen.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2018, 10:56:16 am »
Burnley, Cardiff and Fulham. Prob a stretch on Burnley
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2018, 11:49:57 am »
Everton, Huddersfield, Wolves

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2018, 11:55:56 am »
Only the one team without a vote so far, Arsenal    :shocked

Presumably meant that the Spurs fans on here hadn't voted yet at that time then.  ;D

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2018, 12:35:56 pm »
Presumably meant that the Spurs fans on here hadn't voted yet at that time then.  ;D
Arsenal now have 2 votes and by sheer coincidence Spurs have 2 as well.

Tit for tat   ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2018, 12:42:08 pm »
Who the heck voted for Liverpool? It was either one of the Mancs on here, or clinical or Caligula.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2018, 12:52:02 pm »
Cardiff to go as bottom. Looks like Warnock thinks he can do a job with dross from the Championship.

Huddersfield. I like them but I think a bit of their luck will run out. They don't score many and I can see them conceding a fair few more than last season.

My pick for 18th at the moment is Burnley. If they don't go I think they'll certainly be fighting, especially if they get in to Europe and go beyond the group stage. That squad looks nowhere near suitable for having a little run in Europe and to be comfortable from relegation worries.

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2018, 01:14:06 pm »
Warnock'll probably be the first manager sacked.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2018, 06:09:13 pm »
7 votes, so far, for the Toon.

You got to be kidding me here    :P

2 for Liverpool ffs Paul. ;D

I went for AFC Bournemouth, Cardiff City & Huddersfield Town.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2018, 06:14:38 pm »
Burnley, Cardiff, Watford.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2018, 06:25:04 pm »
Bournemouth, Cardiff, Huddersfield.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2018, 06:33:38 pm »
Went for Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton without looking at the thread and turns out I’m a sheep.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2018, 07:30:06 pm »
Cardiff are nailed on to sack Warnock around December time, which will lead to him moaning like fuck about foreigners not getting the English game, and wanting a fancy name.  He will of course be replaced by Allardyce, which he will seemingly turn a blind eye to.  Anyway, I fancy them to go down, and if Fat Sam oversees a Warnock relegation it's pints of wine all round from me.

Brighton seem likely, much as I like Hughton.  Can just see them struggling.  Same for Huddersfield and Wagner.  So one of those two.

Palace to be the third, as Hodgson will have had a full pre-season with the squad, and many of them will just think 'fuck it' and give up on his methods.  When it's too late, the owl will be mutually-consented and Patrick Barkley will write a 10,000 word opus on his blog (I'm assuming no paper employs him these days) on how the upholder of all England's true values has been undermined, and that Palace were too hasty in sacking the man who would have kept them up, even as he lead them to the bottom three.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2018, 07:33:37 pm »
Warnock'll probably be the first manager sacked.

And they'll be linked with Allardyce or Pardew. So tediously obvious.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2018, 09:17:53 pm »
Burnley, Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2018, 09:22:25 pm »
Brighton, Cardiff, and Huddersfield.

Yeah, me too. Currently the 3 with most votes as well.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2018, 09:27:39 pm »
Huddersfield (sadly)
Cardiff
Southampton

Crystal Palace have become something of an unflushable turd and as much as I would love to see the Bitters relegated, I don’t think it will happen.
Justice for the 96!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2018, 09:31:51 pm »
Brighton, Huddersfield and United

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2018, 09:33:28 pm »
Bournemouth, Cardiff, Huddersfield.

Same here, think the second two have not enough to stay up and Bournemouth have outstayed their welcome.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2018, 01:24:19 am »
Am I missing something? Burnley played a really strong side didn't they?

With their current squad how are they going to do that once the season starts?  There's no way they'll be able to play anything but the reserves and kids if they make it into the group stage unless they want to play them in the league instead.  There's no reason with the money they've now made they couldn't have made a handful of signings to flesh out the squad.  Instead it seems their management must think they fluked the league last year and don't want to spend for fear of it crippling them if they get relegated.  Now maybe this will change in two weeks but from the sounds of it they plan to sign no one.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2018, 01:43:56 am »
Palace are one unwise transfer or one nasty injury away from dropping out of the top tier. So them, Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2018, 08:05:29 am »
Surprised Brighton have so many votes. They've made a couple of very astute additions at the back in Bernardo and Balogun to go along with Ryan, Dunk and Duffy and their attacking options are far superior to most teams in the bottom half. Gross, Knockaert, Murray, Locadia, Izquierdo, Jahanbakhsh and Andone should easily do enough. Midfield might be a weakness but they're not a possession team anyway. I refuse to believe they're one of the 3 worst teams in the league.

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2018, 02:00:34 pm »
Cardiff are nailed on to sack Warnock around December time, which will lead to him moaning like fuck about foreigners not getting the English game, and wanting a fancy name.  He will of course be replaced by Allardyce, which he will seemingly turn a blind eye to.  Anyway, I fancy them to go down, and if Fat Sam oversees a Warnock relegation it's pints of wine all round from me.

Brighton seem likely, much as I like Hughton.  Can just see them struggling.  Same for Huddersfield and Wagner.  So one of those two.

Palace to be the third, as Hodgson will have had a full pre-season with the squad, and many of them will just think 'fuck it' and give up on his methods.  When it's too late, the owl will be mutually-consented and Patrick Barkley will write a 10,000 word opus on his blog (I'm assuming no paper employs him these days) on how the upholder of all England's true values has been undermined, and that Palace were too hasty in sacking the man who would have kept them up, even as he lead them to the bottom three.

Watford need to get their injured players back, Brighton need to sort out their set pieces defending, Southampton need to be more pragmatic. Fulham need to improve their squad depth. Not sure how Cardiff and Huddersfield can improve? so it those two plus any team from 12.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2018, 03:12:01 pm »
I think Cardiff have to be the favourites to go down.

Palace haven't invested enough a lucky escape last year, and I think time could finally catch up to Bournemouth's older players.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...