Author Topic: Jose is still talking about it, makes it even sweeter  (Read 33849 times)

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jose is still talking about it, makes it even sweeter
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2010, 09:07:46 pm »
It will be on his headstone...

HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

That's cheered me up no end! Thanks

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2010, 09:36:34 pm »
I seriously pray to God that that will never happen. Self-obsessed tit. He's basically the Ronaldo (plastic one) of football-managers...
well put there mate ur spot on ::)
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2010, 10:29:17 pm »
He's a great coach and his players love him.

Rafa's in a tough spot at Inter.  He can only get worse.
Kill the humourless

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2010, 10:32:23 pm »
He's a great coach and his players love him.

Rafa's in a tough spot at Inter.  He can only get worse.

Do his players love him? I remember hearing reports that several players were "delighted" when he left Chelsea.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2010, 10:48:30 pm »
Do his players love him? I remember hearing reports that several players were "delighted" when he left Chelsea.

Players love money and winning medals.
Kill the humourless

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »
Players love money and winning medals.

That doesn't explain why Drogba and others quit on Scolari before he even had a chance?

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2010, 11:59:01 pm »
Jose, if the goal hadn't been allowed then Cech would have been sent off, we'd have scored the penalty then beat yous 5-0 you fuckin beaut.

Offline redglostaffy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2010, 11:58:01 pm »
I think in years to come the Benitez vs Mourinho era will be looked upon as a golden age for English football. The two victories we had over them in the semi finals were just epic and between them the Semi Final FA Cup win (which for me strangely was the most rewarding as we battered them that day and Garcia's goal goal was brilliant). In some respects it's a shame they re-dressed the balance but perhaps that's whats makes that whole era so incredible - the number of times we played them in Europe and cup and yet it was quite equal in the end.

Mourinho won a lot at Chelsea but he never really got the better of us - not that he had any trophies to show for it anyway. ;)

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2010, 12:09:46 am »
I miss Luis!

your not the only one  :( where is he playing now anyway?

as for mourinho.. just pure bitterness, is a self-obsessed arrogant man who plays mind games constantly and has no class. Hopefully he will never manage us.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2010, 12:33:14 am »
I think in years to come the Benitez vs Mourinho era will be looked upon as a golden age for English football. The two victories we had over them in the semi finals were just epic and between them the Semi Final FA Cup win (which for me strangely was the most rewarding as we battered them that day and Garcia's goal goal was brilliant). In some respects it's a shame they re-dressed the balance but perhaps that's whats makes that whole era so incredible - the number of times we played them in Europe and cup and yet it was quite equal in the end.

I'm not sure they did re-dress the balance. Maybe in terms of ties won but I don't think their fans experienced what we did in those 2 epic nights at Anfield. We won those 2 against all odds which made it even sweeter.
 They ended up empty handed after their 2 wins as well so ultimately they counted for little. Our victory in Istanbul made that first semi all the more meaningful. I've always maintained I could go to Anfield until I was 100 and never see anything like it again, and I still believe that, but maybe if we had lost the final then it would have taken just a little of the gloss off it.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2010, 12:36:08 am »
Mourinho could not have existed thirty years ago.  His career would top out when he won the Portugese title (good job, carry on) never to be heard of again

Hes a good coach. Thats all. Just a GOOD coach .However he arrived in the media age.

So take a good coach coupled with media savvy = british press blowin their bags everytime he talks.

For me hes a media whore who has grown so succesfull  that he (his club) buys  the best coaches to coach the team while he delivers the headlines with his plazzy quotes.

I do believe he's a phenominal person motivator, the kind you would follow anywhere

Would I have him with us..nah, fuck off, no class.

Offline ricardosc

• Main Stander
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2010, 02:02:55 am »
Utter, utter classless c*nt.

It would have been a pen and a red card, the fucking ref on the night said so. Fucking dying for someone to tell him that the ignorant greasy twat
c*nt or not, he will be Liverpool's coach sooner than you think  ;)

Offline John McKenna

• Main Stander
  • Me having no education. I had to use my brains
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2010, 02:10:16 am »
Mourinho could not have existed thirty years ago.  His career would top out when he won the Portugese title (good job, carry on) never to be heard of again

Hes a good coach. Thats all. Just a GOOD coach .However he arrived in the media age.

So take a good coach coupled with media savvy = british press blowin their bags everytime he talks.

For me hes a media whore who has grown so succesfull  that he (his club) buys  the best coaches to coach the team while he delivers the headlines with his plazzy quotes.

I do believe he's a phenominal person motivator, the kind you would follow anywhere

Would I have him with us..nah, fuck off, no class.

I think it's a bit harsh to say he's merely a good coach, he's an exceptional coach, no question about it. Yes he had money at Chelsea and at Inter, and he's been largely fortunate in the jobs he's had since he left Portugal, but we, as a club, thrive on what we have won it in the past and it seems to churlish to argue that a man who has won the European Cup twice (with different clubs), several league titles in different countries and hasn't lost a home game for eight years isn't an exceptional coach. You can argue he's a classless tit though, which he is, and which is why I wouldn't ever want him here.
“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

Offline reds88

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2010, 02:15:23 am »

Regardless, I'm glad Jose is not manager at LFC!

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2010, 04:11:34 am »
Haha, this is brilliant from Jose. But thanks to him, I watched that game all over again. Still can't believe Gudjohnsen didn't score. Fucking hell! What a night!

FIVE TIMES, Jose you prick.

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2010, 04:16:12 am »
Haha, this is brilliant from Jose. But thanks to him, I watched that game all over again. Still can't believe Gudjohnsen didn't score. Fucking hell! What a night!

FIVE TIMES, Jose you prick.

silent violet you need to enlarge your avatar somehow.
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2010, 04:16:55 am »
He is an exceptional manager. One of the best around.
C'est la vie.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2010, 09:53:52 am »
At least one can't fault Mourinho's memory, but we all know the ball crossed the line, so he should have his eyes checked. ;)

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2010, 11:38:23 am »
Been listening to and watching the 2005 run again. 5 years on and I still can't believe we came back from 3-0 to win the trophy. But it wasn't just that match. The nerves against Graz in the second leg, the struggle in the group stage, jumping up and down when Gerrard scored against Olympiakos, comfortably beating Lerverkusen home and away despite the worry about them knocking us out previously and topping a group involving Real Madrid, Luis Garcia vs Juventus and of course that game against Chelsea. That whole match was crazy in it's own way, Cisse coming on after breaking his leg against Blackburn, Gudjohnsen somehow missing THAT chance in injury time and Luis Garcia's doing what he always did, following up and poking Baros' chance in - that it's never been resolved one way or another just adds to that whole fantastic run in Europe. I've never seen anything like it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2010, 11:44:34 am »
your not the only one  :( where is he playing now anyway?

as for mourinho.. just pure bitterness, is a self-obsessed arrogant man who plays mind games constantly and has no class. Hopefully he will never manage us.

Luis is at Racing Santander now I believe, moved there last season.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2010, 01:54:07 pm »

ha! Suck it up, Maureen.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Gerrards Boxing Coach

• Main Stander
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2010, 05:56:21 pm »
lol let's stop saying this, makes us sound pathetic

I couldn't disagree more.  If most modern Chelsea supporters weren't such complete twats, it might sound pathetic.  But that just isn't the case, is it?
"Man, you can't just play football.  You've got to have the sway."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2010, 06:58:32 pm »
I posted the day after that the ball was in.  I was sat at the bottom of the main stand, sec PK1 I think, just to the right of the dead ball line, and it was over the line.  Lino was just to my left and he had the flag up for a goal right away.

Of course the next day Sky created some sort of laughable cartoon effort to try and show it wasn't in, based on no evidence whatsoever, other than their bias.

Anyway, good to know it still haunts him, even though he's won it twice.

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »
What makes him say he lost. Even if we had not scored, who is to say that chelsea would have won in extra time or even penalties. Rafa must still haunt him.

He is not going to last too long at Real M anyway.
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2010, 09:21:26 pm »
If that was not in, this certainly was. :)
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline kopilot

• Kopite
  • far east
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2010, 04:18:43 am »
I still remember when Rafa was under fire few months ago..some people who called themselves LFC fans (real fans) wanted Moronho as our manager...now, where are they?

Offline Tony Clueless

• Main Stander
  • Ahh so!!
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2010, 07:45:11 am »
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Real-Madrid-boss-Jose-Mourinho-exclusive-I-d-NEVER-manage-Liverpool-but-would-boss-Manchester-United-Arsenal-even-Tottenham-or-Everton-article562971.html

Liverpool can forget about ever luring Jose Mourinho to Anfield.

He said: “Manchester United would be a great challenge for me. But Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you.

Wonder what his reason is???

Offline REDcrazy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:03 am »
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Real-Madrid-boss-Jose-Mourinho-exclusive-I-d-NEVER-manage-Liverpool-but-would-boss-Manchester-United-Arsenal-even-Tottenham-or-Everton-article562971.html

Wonder what his reason is???

The man is in love with himself and the reason why Liverpool is "not the club for him" is that he knows that Liverpool Football Club is the one place where the manager will never be bigger than the club.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2010, 08:34:55 am »
Plus we're skint
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.