Author Topic: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho  (Read 307513 times)

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #2400 on: December 21, 2013, 07:33:10 pm »
Vertonghen?  :lmao He is just a glorified Vermaelen, I thought the overrating of him would have stopped considering the amount of times he has been humiliated in the last year.

Oh boy....really?

Love having Sakho in the team, really controls the defence well. I think him and Skrtel are the best partnership. His passing is a lot better than I thought, it is helping our attacks get going faster.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2401 on: December 21, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
I think the commentator might have meant that he can look nervous when he is being pressed by an opponent.

wasn't it Waddle? That plank

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: December 21, 2013, 07:34:51 pm »
By far our most solid defender. Has everything in his locker to become a world class CB and a kop legend

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2403 on: December 21, 2013, 07:36:33 pm »
He is just boss.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: December 21, 2013, 07:37:18 pm »
He must have abar size 18 feet, he looks like a letter L

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2405 on: December 21, 2013, 07:41:01 pm »
It was always going to take someone special to help me get over my Daniel Agger favouritism, but this lad has done it.  I've even just sat through a 15 minute interview with him in French, and my French isn't much better than being able to ask for directions to the railway station.  I hope he's here for many years to come.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2406 on: December 21, 2013, 07:42:26 pm »
Loved it in the second half when he got fouled and the ball was taken off him, got up and about 2 seconds later he was strolling out of defence with it!

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #2407 on: December 21, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »
I know this is screaming for cock jokes but his legs are telescopic, the amount of times I thought the ball was beyond him and he swung out a leg from 10ft away was brilliant.

City fans call Negredo the beast, Sakho will chew him up and spit him out.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #2408 on: December 21, 2013, 08:04:49 pm »
Its frightening how good he is. He's a better player than Agger right now. That's saying something. A better player than Daniel ***** Agger who City and Barcelona have shown a keen interest in. He's an outrageously talented defender, the complete package.

Could be looking at the best center half in the league in 2 years time...this guy can most definitely reach Kompany's level.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2409 on: December 21, 2013, 08:08:35 pm »
Its frightening how good he is. He's a better player than Agger right now. That's saying something. A better player than Daniel ***** Agger who City and Barcelona have shown a keen interest in. He's an outrageously talented defender, the complete package.

Could be looking at the best center half in the league in 2 years time...this guy can most definitely reach Kompany's level.

He is a player you can build a title winning defence around. And he has 10 years left in him, maybe even more.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline dumaten

• Main Stander
« Reply #2410 on: December 21, 2013, 08:13:23 pm »
I think the commentator might have meant that he can look nervous when he is being pressed by an opponent.

I think he relishes it, he sees it as an opportunity to win a physical duel or open up a pass forward.

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #2411 on: December 21, 2013, 08:19:38 pm »
I think he relishes it, he sees it as an opportunity to win a physical duel or open up a pass forward.

Maybe but when he is playing out of defence with no obvious passing outlet  and an attacker is bearing down on him, he sometimes looks uncertain what to do. Lets be clear though I still think he's our best defender.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2412 on: December 21, 2013, 08:20:33 pm »
Wish we had 2 sakho's. Really want to see him play with Agger now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2413 on: December 21, 2013, 08:24:53 pm »
Very, very good defender. Aggressive but composed, strong as an oak, very good in the air, more than adequate on the ball, deceptively pacey for a guy his size. And he's only just 23. Looks more and more like a bargain every week.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #2414 on: December 21, 2013, 08:28:08 pm »
T W E N T Y T H R E E

Unbelievable and amazing PSG let the (homegrown) lad go regardless of how many world class centre halves they have

We had Momo and he was boss and we now have Mama and he is equally as boss

Has this wonderful knack of winning 50-50's fairly yet leaving the other player on the floor but then looking up and finding a red shirt

Made me laugh when we out Agger on to go 3/5 at the back and tighten it up and he is off in the opponents box in the 94th minute trying to get a 4th

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2415 on: December 21, 2013, 08:40:44 pm »
You want your defender to do their job well rather than keep going forward all the time like Vertonghen or Vermaelen.

Like Carrar, Sakho destroys chances very well. But Sakho has the edge as he can pass very accurately and being a goal threat when we have corners. What a signing this is.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #2416 on: December 21, 2013, 08:46:34 pm »
Wish we had 2 sakho's. Really want to see him play with Agger now.

Much discussed I know, but I did notice that Valencia played with two left-footed centre-backs
when they played (and beat) Swansea at the Liberty in the Europa League.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: December 21, 2013, 08:49:12 pm »
No, the commentator wasn't just giving an opinion about something he had no knowledge of basically. He very clearly meant that Sakho was poor on the ball.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2418 on: December 21, 2013, 08:50:42 pm »
Maybe but when he is playing out of defence with no obvious passing outlet  and an attacker is bearing down on him, he sometimes looks uncertain what to do. Lets be clear though I still think he's our best defender.
Who doesn't though? I think he's calmer with the ball than any of our other defenders, maybe even more than Agger. I will say he might overplay it a bit--there was one point early on where he had no one to pass to and tried to keep it anyway. Led to a half-chance for Mutch.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #2419 on: December 21, 2013, 09:08:21 pm »
I like how, although he goes in firmly for a challenge, he knows how to tackle properly, so never looks like giving something silly away.  Goes in along the ground, shins first, and sweeps the ball away.  So far haven't seen a hint of "studs first" from him, which is refreshing compared to some of the lumbering "hard men" in the Premier League.
I agree with that, was actually just about to post something like that. He can hit people hard when going in for a challenge, but never does it without using his head.

He's also a good distributor of the ball, today he made (according to Opta) 87 total passes, 4.6% of them were considered "long" and ended with a passing accuracy of 93.1%. That puts him, as far as our defense goes, first as far as total passes and 2nd as far as passing accuracy goes for players that made over 10 passes (Agger had 100% passing accuracy, but only made 6 passes and none of them were considered long passes.) Having a CB rotation of Sakho, Skrtel and Agger is very good for our defense.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2420 on: December 21, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »
There was a few times today he went in for challenges, most defenders would have just gone straight into the player, taking him out and clearing the ball as hard as possible. Sakho went in, knocked the ball away from his opponent and made a pass.

He is very classy
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #2421 on: December 21, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »
Mamadou the hump.
Mamadou the hump hump.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #2422 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:07 pm »
He's probably still adjusting to the pace of the league.  That's the encouraging thing.  Once he's settled, he'll probably be even better.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2423 on: December 21, 2013, 10:00:43 pm »
There was a few times today he went in for challenges, most defenders would have just gone straight into the player, taking him out and clearing the ball as hard as possible. Sakho went in, knocked the ball away from his opponent and made a pass.

He is very classy

Very reminiscent of Mark Lawrenson and his telescopic legs.

Offline XeeLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2424 on: December 21, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:22:17 pm by XeeLFC »

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2425 on: December 21, 2013, 10:26:07 pm »
Sakho vs Cardiff

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHjqjAoVlBU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nHjqjAoVlBU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2426 on: December 21, 2013, 10:33:10 pm »
Here to stay.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2427 on: December 21, 2013, 10:34:18 pm »
Iron Defender

Just love him.

He must play against City. A must!!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2428 on: December 21, 2013, 10:38:49 pm »
Really, really like this lad.  He looks like he should be clumsy as fuck, but he's actually really good on the ball.  Some great passes out of defence, he's a passing, brick shithouse.

Offline ScandinavianPete

• Main Stander
« Reply #2429 on: December 21, 2013, 10:43:15 pm »

He is very classy

Yes, very classy. He is strong and all that but his decision making, both when to challenge and when to pass, has impressed me the most.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2430 on: December 21, 2013, 10:55:47 pm »
He's a beast and definitely intimidates his opposition.

At times though he seems to take an option that will either work out or drop us in the shit, fortunately the latter worked out for us today.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2431 on: December 22, 2013, 01:46:13 am »
He's ideal for what we're doing. He'll get beat now and again but he's got wall-like potential. And he's great on the ball. <3

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2432 on: December 22, 2013, 02:08:44 am »
Put this in the post game thread but maybe deserves to be in here

the bit i liked with Sakho was ball went out for a throw in the second half when they were on top he rushes back into position intercepts the throw  with a diving header back to Mignolet some bloody commitment from this fixture in our team I hope.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2433 on: December 22, 2013, 02:12:42 am »
Absolute beast. He needs a decent partner. Skrtel is OK but tends to commit unnecessary fouls. I'm hoping Agger would fight for the #2 CB spot.

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #2434 on: December 22, 2013, 08:40:20 am »
The big question is can he play with Agger, an in form Agger surely keeps Skrtel out of the team..
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: December 22, 2013, 08:46:43 am »
Proper centreback, no weakness. This is the player we have needed for years. Skrtel and agger both have weaknesses and people have been oblivious to them. This guys in a deffierent league.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2436 on: December 22, 2013, 08:53:11 am »
 looked to have settled in the league now. In his first few games I thought he was a bit rash diving into tackles and stepping out the defence and leaving massive holes in behind but he seemed to have ironed that out his game and we're now seeing the monster we all thought we signed at the time. Been brilliant since he came back into the side. Brick wall to get by, great in the air and the thing that surprised me the most about him is his passing.

Really impressed so far. Keep it up mamad

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2437 on: December 22, 2013, 08:58:42 am »
Put this in the post game thread but maybe deserves to be in here

the bit i liked with Sakho was ball went out for a throw in the second half when they were on top he rushes back into position intercepts the throw  with a diving header back to Mignolet some bloody commitment from this fixture in our team I hope.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2438 on: December 22, 2013, 09:20:59 am »
You know after the first couple of games when people said he was better than Agger and loads of people told them they were wrong? Guess what, this guy is better than Agger!

Offline Akriloth

• Main Stander
  • Simply Liverpool
« Reply #2439 on: December 22, 2013, 09:22:59 am »
Papadopolous is a match made for Sakho.