Author Topic: UEFA Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Atlético Madrid 1 - 0 Liverpool (April 22nd 2010)  (Read 104534 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Haha ;D

Always the same people though, isn't it?

Got a PM of one of the serial moaners this week complaining about his topic (another boring whingefest) being locked. Explained to him that RAWK is populated roughly as follows:

10% extreme moaners
10% extreme "sunshiners"
79% rational people  with a balanced outlook
1% Sarge
Surprised Sarge only got 1% ..   ;)

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
3-0 down in Istanbul..
What did most of you who were watching on Tele do?
You turned it off..

We are Liverpool and we WILL win this comfortably..
Well said mate.

I don't know why I come on here after a defeat. It really fucks me off and I know it will be bad for me but I just can't resist...

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
I think a few people are forgetting we're without Torres in the second leg, and Atletico are a damn site better than West Ham.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
People thinking it's going to be a walk in the park at Anfield are kidding themselves. The difference this time round is having no Torres.
 All fucking week I've fretted about this game because of all the travelling and having to play on Monday night, and then at the end of it you get 90 minutes of torture.
 I've been worrying about Burnley too but after that tonight I think I'm actually past fucking caring. I've been positive all fucking season and keep getting rewarded with shite.
 I reckon our luck (seems almost laughable to say that) will run out next week. Watching that garbage from Madrid walking out in Hamburg will be the final kick in the fucking bollocks this season.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly, he wont do it. Some will feel thats good some wont, all i was saying is SOME will feel his attributes would have benefitted us tonight, who knows if they would have or not. I still dont see how comparing it to them horrible c*nts is relevant.

I see your point with this being the last thing we have this season but i was merely stating some feeling annoyed with the situation is understandable, is it not ?

Yeah and I'll admit I was a bit annoyed at not seeing Aquilani paired with Kuyt and Gerrard back in the middle where he can influence the game a lot more. Still though, I'm not Rafa.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
In a completely unrelated note, do Spurs outspend us in wages. Having a heated discussion with my mate right now.
ynwa

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Hope all the positive people on here are right as we go through.  - that's all folks
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
re: our offside goal... forlan was wrongly flagged offside a minute before that and denied a clear one on one which he would've buried, so i'd say it's even stevens.

don't know what to say about the performance. really deflated.

Not that simple though, cant really just rule out pepe as simply as that.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Haha ;D

Always the same people though, isn't it?

Got a PM of one of the serial moaners this week complaining about his topic (another boring whingefest) being locked. Explained to him that RAWK is populated roughly as follows:

10% extreme moaners
10% extreme "sunshiners"
79% rational people  with a balanced outlook
1% Sarge
;D
Can't believe people are on here after a UEFA Cup Semi Final and saying "boring to watch". Unbelieveable. It could be the worst fucking game of all time, but it's still not boring to watch if your team's involved for christ's sake.

And the shots on goal - we had the ball in the net you fucking idiots. We needed calmer passing, that's all - we forced it. When we had spells where we just recycled it and kept piling the pressure on them, they were crumbling. That's exactly what they're gonna face at Anfield.
:lmao

Go 'ed Roy lad ;D

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
We'd won one game in Europe all season.  We've lost 18 times this season.

What do you expect?

Don't turn up to Anfield next week. Ta.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
What dod he say pal?

He had more perspective than quite a few on here. Said it wasn't a bad result and the 2nd leg at Anfield will be too much for Atleti who don't travel well. He also thought we controlled periods of the play and would have been good for an away goal with a bit more clinical finishing.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

A very much different Liverpool since 2005, sorry to piss on your fire Terry. If we play like we did tonight we could be in a spot of bother.
How much do you want to bet?
Charity of your/my choice..
A tenner?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
That was painful
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah and I'll admit I was a bit annoyed at not seeing Aquilani paired with Kuyt and Gerrard back in the middle where he can influence the game a lot more. Still though, I'm not Rafa.

That was all i was saying.

I just really dont see the need for anyone who doesnt back every rafa decision 150% having any comment shot down.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Good  point, but you'd have assumed we'd be up for this leg too!  I just can't see us winning 2-0. So yeah, I think we'll need to score 3 (preferably quickly)

Fair but home is going to be very different from away, especially after that journey.  Anfield will be rocking and I hope we can get an early goal. 

I'm going to stay positive on this one.  We were poor but Atletico weren't great at all.  Get at them at the start of the 2nd leg and I reckon we'll be fine.
King Kenny.

Offline Bam

• -bocciade.....look it up!
  • Main Stander
Totally agree with that.

I wouldn't argue that the ref had the best performance tonight out of all 23 blokes on the field..

Says a lot about our performance though doesn't it.
It’s the attitude we’ve always had and we stand by it, we don't appreciate different views – don’t like it then fuck off to another site, it really is that simple and it goes for everyone – we do care, agree with us or fuck off, it’s the internet!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

What do you expect?

you're seriously boring, won't anybody listen to you in real life? is that why you repeat yourself on here?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Credit to them. They've made a Euro semi final by winning 1 match all season. That's some record. And they are 40 points off the top of their league. They really are spectacularly shit.

We're not too hot either though.  Doesn't say a lot for the quality of the Europa, although it would be good to win. 

Fulham (10th in prem and 34 points off top) 0 - 0 Hamburg (7th in Bund and 15 points off top)
A Madrid (10th in La Liga and 44 points off top) 1 - 0 Liverpool (7th in Prem and 18 points off top)

I know it's a Euro semi but it doesn't hold the same excitement as the CL which is why there is prob way more criticism than there would be say if we'd lost 1-0 in a CL semi first leg.  It's a poor tournament in comparison.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
cheers. beats your hyperbole

What? That the best Scouse player this club has ever had who has pulled this club out of the shitter on countless occasions has now become a target of some disrespect fans? Oh yeah, sorry about that mate. He's shite, lets sell him. Along with that shite Argie in the middle who keeps giving the ball away as well.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
He had more perspective than quite a few on here. Said it wasn't a bad result and the 2nd leg at Anfield will be too much for Atleti who don't travel well. He also thought we controlled periods of the play and would have been good for an away goal with a bit more clinical finishing.
Fuckin ell.even our own Idiots are out doing the Tv ones

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
Don't know if you noticed but we actually scored a perfectly good goal...

yeah i did (didnt create it by the way kuyt had a shot that was so bad it turned into a pass).
Maybe if we had another shot on goal we would have had one that counted.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline evered avenue

• Anny Roader
How have we ended up so ordinary? We were superb last year. Watching us now is like having electrodes strapped to your gonads. It's painful. We are stupendously bland and ordinary.

I completely disagree.....sure, having electrodes strapped to your nuts would be painful but also a little exciting too. 
I reckon we're more like watching an episode of lost.  Promising so much, enticing you that there's something exciting just about to happen but ultimately it's just mysteriously frustrating and boring and left feeling dissatisfied.  Bit like my ex missus really.

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
Bullshit decision by the linesman, 1-1 and we'd all be happy. Okay maybe not all...
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
I see the gremlins are on here tonight. Grow a fuckin pair will you. Your all saying negitive things but your gonna all watch on Thursday and if we win your all going to be on here with your "YNWA" well I hope you lot do and keep walking cause we at this club back our team and even our manager.

royhendo

What do you expect?

Are you fucking joking? I don't care how bad the season's been, or what axes anybody has to grind - these are the occasions where no matter what the football's like, you never get bored. If you're bored, go to the fucking cinema or something you ******* ****

[edit]fucking twat removed[/edit]

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:30:16 pm by Gareth »

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
The second leg will be tough.  No Torres, they have Aguero back and we have pretty much played shit all season.

An away goal would have been nice tonight.

I still think we can do it, but I think it will be close.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ˇSí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
That's the spirit

Yes I'm a miserable twat tonight. Everyone's allowed a couple of games to vent especially during this season. No need to be patronizing.
C'est la vie.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
Ref getting lots of praise & I liked his demeanour, positive approach to his decisions & his 'don't fuck with me' attitude. Fair play to him for that, we don't see it often enough, particularly in Europe.

However, he booked Sotos for complaining after an Atletico player stood on the back of his neck. That was bloody appalling.

It wasn't his fault the lino disallowed Benayoun's perfectly legitimate goal but it was his fault that, with about 15 minutes left Assuncoa 'tackled' Johnson by the sideline, two footed, off the floor & late; Johnson did well to get out of the way, and the ref completely missed it.

That said we were shit, we lacked ambition, tempo, pace & a desire to get stuck in - shape & control of space were far more important to the team but it was at the expense of expansive play in possession of the ball. All the commentators are saying we should have it in the bag, and we should, but we need to improve all those things if we are to prevail.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
Well the second half attacking display never came, and we got what we deserved. We were awful tonight going forward, and pretty much summed up our away performances all season. The fact we have the second leg at home is a comfort, but it wont be as easy as CH5 tried to make it out to be.

Just hope the lads get back with no problems, get their heads on in training, and we turn up next week. Not much else to say really.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
you're seriously boring, won't anybody listen to you in real life? is that why you repeat yourself on here?
I actually think hes an Answer phone message

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's shite, lets sell him. Along with that shite Argie in the middle who keeps giving the ball away as well.

hyperbole again. change tactics mate. can a player who has 'saved us' before, not have an average game?

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
I'm not worried about the result at all tonight, I'd have took it pre match.
But stop defending woeful performances lads,Gerrard was shite as was Ngog and Mash,criticism is due at times and a kick up the arse is warranted.Confident we'll go to Hamburg.

royhendo

A tenner?

I'll second that.

Offline DAVY BOY RED

• Main Stander
didn't have torres in 2005 and 2007

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
A tenner?

;D
I didn't say we were definitely going to, I just said IF.
I'm skint, even for charity!

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
Are you fucking joking? I don't care how bad the season's been, or what axes anybody has to grind - these are the occasions where no matter what the football's like, you never get bored. If you're bored, go to the fucking cinema or something you fucking twat.

I wasn't bored.

I was just saying that is why people are frustrated with the dross this season, they spend lots of money and deserve their say.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
The positives are that we were able to create a few decent chances, and hold on to the ball fairly well. Our back four defended well for the most part of the match.

On the flip side, the injuries to Nando and Insua, as well as the Riera issues are really coming back to haunt us.

Kuyt and Ngog are clearly not capable of leading the line against a good defense - they both had a couple of chances where a little bit of control would've lead to a goal, but they don't have the necessary skill.

The Greek simply couldn't get anything going from his own area, Mascherano spent a lot of time in our own area when we had possession.

Anfield will be a totally different match, and hopefully we'll see a bit more creativity.

Hats off to the Spaniards for some really neat interplay, especially Reyes. Nutmegged our players countless times, and the give and go they kept pulling off worked almost everytime. Their Columbian defender Perriea (sp?) did well, although with the way Ngog played he didn't have a hard time.

On another note, anyone feel the pitch was a bit shit? Players slipping all over the place!

"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Are you fucking joking? I don't care how bad the season's been, or what axes anybody has to grind - these are the occasions where no matter what the football's like, you never get bored. If you're bored, go to the fucking cinema or something you fucking twat.
Well said Roy...   ;D

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think a few people are forgetting we're without Torres in the second leg, and Atletico are a damn site better than West Ham.

This is what I'm thinking. If we're going to win 3-0 as has been said, where are the goals coming from because I couldn't see it tonight? I thought Atletico were a carbon copy of us with respect to giving the ball away; if it wasn't for Pepe it could be over.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
Something's wrong. We beat Everton away this season and deep down there was this nagging feeling for me..."that was fucking awful football". Unbelievable really. Now I'm depressed by our performances and embarrassed by the fact we might stumble into the final. We're are rubbish and the Europa Final won't paper over that fucking huge crack. There's no point avoiding it.