Author Topic: Survey missing people out???  (Read 2208 times)

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Survey missing people out???
« on: October 25, 2002, 11:42:44 am »
ANGRY residents today claimed they had been missed out in the public consultation excercise over the future home of Liverpool Football Club.

The exercise, which involved canvassing 19,500 homes, came back with a majority of residents supporting the proposed move to a new 55,000-seat stadium on Stanley Park.

But today the council was facing growing pressure to launch an investigation into the consultation procedure by opposition Labour leaders.

David Wills, who lives in Lothair Road, Anfield said: "I was not asked anything about my views on LFC and its proposed move.

"I just cannot believe this as I am living in an area where houses have been earmarked for demolition. (Model:

"I think the consultants have concentrated on speaking to people in the wrong areas and where they believed they would hear the answers they wanted to hear."

Mr Wills, who is unemployed, said he had been "left in the dark" about what would happen to his home.

"I moved here with my family thinking we would be settled and now I have no idea what will happen to us. I am worried we will be left with nowhere to live or in a very over-crowded situation."

Gill Fraser, from Utting Avenue, claims she was also over-looked in the consultation. "I am very angry that I was missed out.

"The new stadium on Stanley Park will be closer to my home than the existing ground and I believe I should have been spoken to."

Cllr Joe Anderson, leader of Liverpool council Labour group, said he had also received complaints from people who claimed to have been missed out of the consultation.

"I will be calling on the council to investigate what has happened here and will be writing personally to (chief executive) David Henshaw."

Liverpool council today insisted that everyone in the area was given "ample opportunity" to voice their views.

Phil Stokoe, lead consultant at Preston-based PS Consultants, said: "We spoke to 4,100 households and had a very high profile in Anfield and Breckfield for 10 weeks. We believe people had plenty of opportunities to make their views known and we have been as thorough as we possibly could be.

"We spoke to people in Utting Avenue and Lothair Road and knocked on every door in these roads."

It was revealed two weeks ago that 58% of people questioned agreed with the proposal for a new stadium on the car park end of Stanley Park. Just under 27% disagreed, with the rest not sure or having no opinion.

The team of independent consultants asked over 19,000 households in the area for their 123 ions. The consultants got responses from 4,102

taken from teh echo site
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 03:31:14 am by Bob_Kurac »
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.liverweb.org.uk - Your one stop site for LFC
    • Liverweb
Re:Suvery missing people out???
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 12:27:58 pm »
Must admit when i read the article in the lfc mag it seemed to be very few responses from the area given the noises thats have always been made about the moves.
Missing people out really doesnt surprise me at all

http://www.liverweb.org.uk - for all your LFC stats.

Check out every LFC Result and Lineup ever and info on players past, present and for the future!

Subscribe to the Liverweb mailing list at liverweb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 02:11:14 pm »
I think a problem is apathy. Some people simply can't be bothered to reply no matter how much the issues affect them- The classic examples being elections (local, national & European).

Most surveys, polls, etc. will produxce a very low response rate.

I think the peopel who are complaining they were not consulted are most likely simply allies of Councillor Kenny and his cronies.

Reds fans should be wary of this charchter and not look upon him as an ally even if they oppose the ground move. He is simply out for his own ends (a toffee), has not paid rent on his market stall (in church street) for upteen many years, coz he thinks that being a councillor puts him above the law.

The same fella would also be drumming up support to oppose Liverpool's plans had they opted to expand Anfield. Indeed he was the main opponent of the Anfield 2000 scheme, when it was proposed.

As I have said he is purely in this for his own ends and has little or no support amongst locals of the area or even within his own party on merseyside. The only support he does receive is from Toffees who would oppose any plans from Liverpool FC.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2003, 09:06:23 pm »
On the subject of surveys Dan_W just got a phone call from the people doing the 'transport survey'. 845pm on a sunday? The usual questions about how you get to the ground etc. Seems the authorities/ LFC are trying to go through the motions to sort out the traffic chaos in the area on match days.

:P

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 01:46:46 am »
yep i got a call about a month ago

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
Re:Survey missing people out???
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 11:44:32 pm »
Come across a few lads in N.Ireland who have been phoned about how they travel to games and what they do before games, where they go, etc. Assume its all the one survey.

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 04:41:04 pm »
Jesus. Easyjet will be operating out of Goodison then, when the blueshite move to kings dock ...

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 06:41:06 pm »
rung Norwich as well ..... think he got the gist after 2 minutes and then filled it in himself.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 11:57:09 am »
At least Woodison will have found some useful purpose then.  ;D

Save me a bus ride as well.

Offline Downsy

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 12:19:21 pm »
Caught something on the news the other day (wasn't really concentrating so could be completely wrong) regarding a new Tram network in Liverpool. Surely this would have to extend to Anfield if it is ever made. I appreciate that it is a fair distance but it would cut congestion quite dramatically. Anyone have any information on this?

Cheers

Dean
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
an advantage, then he should be."

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe
you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Shanks

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 02:05:36 pm »
Last year there was a report that the government had allocated money to Liverpool and a few other cities to reintroduce tram systems to help combat congestion. A figure of £170 million sticks in my mind.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2003, 02:23:53 pm »
The closest this new tram system goes to Anfield is Tuebrook and Clubmoor. Have a look

www.merseytram.co.uk

you can just about make out Anfield and woodison on the ariel photo