Author Topic: Hayfever  (Read 42225 times)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Hayfever
« Reply #400 on: June 13, 2023, 11:59:56 am »
Was in an absolutely foul mood on Saturday, almost ruptured my eyeballs they were itching so much. Bought some mist stuff that you spray on your eyelids, didn't work. Went back to Piriteze tablets yesterday and hopefully coincidentally felt like I had a chest infection afterwards, I've been fine with them before.

Can deal with the sneezing and runny nose quite eaaily though the sneezing fits can be annoying, it's the itchy eyes and irritated roof of the mouth that gets me down. Had hoped that taking the tablets before the pollen count started rising would work, didn't though unless I'm just using ineffective tablets.

Hi mate, I use these due to a tip off here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allacan-Cetirizine-Hayfever-Allergy-Tablets/dp/B01HYFNA50/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2YOLGZ2E6OLAJ&keywords=cetirizine&qid=1686654011&s=drugstore&sprefix=cetirizine%2Cdrugstore%2C64&sr=1-4

Dont know how early you started taking them but I pretty much take them for 10 months of the year now and things are a lot better. Also these are so much cheaper than in the shops. Good luck.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #401 on: June 14, 2023, 10:38:57 am »
Thought I'd got away with it this year but it just smacked me right in the nose yesterday.  Think it was the downpour we got in the middle of the heat that got it really going.

Bleagh.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #402 on: June 14, 2023, 02:16:51 pm »
Mine has been horrendous for a while now.

Using two types of tablets and two nose sprays - got a sea salt one that is pretty good.

Link here: https://www.boots.com/sterimar-isotonic-nasal-hygiene-spray-100ml-10028386
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2023, 06:50:42 pm »
Does anyone else experience it worse in one eye than both? My left eye is constantly weeping but my right is fine most of the day.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #404 on: June 15, 2023, 02:18:34 am »
Does anyone else experience it worse in one eye than both? My left eye is constantly weeping but my right is fine most of the day.

Sometimes yeah

I'm wearing contacts pretty much all the time except sleep at the moment as it seems to block my eyes being affected

Though, as always, been taking antihistamines for months already I am not doing bad at all luckily

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2023, 09:12:36 am »
I had the worst hayfever attack of my life at the weekend.

Always just needed over counter anti histamines, every now and then a prescription one but yeah... this weekend just gone, in West Midlands Safari Park with my girlfriend... suddenly started feeling breathless... wheezing couldn't breathe.... she called 111 and they sent an ambulance right away, guys hook me up to the oxygen measuring thingie and it's low 80's, get put on oxygen with salbutamol and start feeling better, taken to hospital and eventually prescribed an inhaler and prescription anti histamines etc. Basically I had an asthmatic attack type thing even though I am not asthmatic, it was brutal, I was legit scared.

Dr said apparently lots of people having serious issues and including people who are normally not that affected by hayfever. Stay safe out there kids, this is like the plot from The Happening.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #406 on: June 15, 2023, 09:52:33 am »
^
Sorry to hear that, Phil. I'm glad you're ok now.

I used to get very severe hay fever. My eyes would swell up and close. My lips would swell up and I'd get hives. The sneezing was insane, and I've had my head in the freezer many a time in desperation for clean, cold air relief.

I eventually had to have steroid injections to calm it, but now I start on prescription antihistamines, nasal spray and eye drops at the start of May and through to the end of September. My allergy is grass, nettle and weed pollen. Tree pollen doesn't affect me, hence not having to medicate until May.

I'd not wish hay fever on anyone. It's absolutely horrendous. My meds routine keeps it at bay now, but even I've felt it a bit this year, so the pollen counts must be astronomical.

Anyway, hopefully you don't ever have it so bad again.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #407 on: June 15, 2023, 10:54:28 am »
^
Sorry to hear that, Phil. I'm glad you're ok now.

I used to get very severe hay fever. My eyes would swell up and close. My lips would swell up and I'd get hives. The sneezing was insane, and I've had my head in the freezer many a time in desperation for clean, cold air relief.

I eventually had to have steroid injections to calm it, but now I start on prescription antihistamines, nasal spray and eye drops at the start of May and through to the end of September. My allergy is grass, nettle and weed pollen. Tree pollen doesn't affect me, hence not having to medicate until May.

I'd not wish hay fever on anyone. It's absolutely horrendous. My meds routine keeps it at bay now, but even I've felt it a bit this year, so the pollen counts must be astronomical.

Anyway, hopefully you don't ever have it so bad again.

Appreciate that, hay fever is such a spectrum that I think a lot of people don't realise how bad it can get, I like you wouldn't wish it on anyone, it is junk, ruins my fav months at times!

1 question for you, how did you test for the allergies you know you have, I am trying to look at my options in doing that so I can better manage it in future.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: June 15, 2023, 10:57:56 am »
I don't know how big it was but I remember seeing a lot of 'no mow may' and I know a lot of local authorities have been cutting back (pun not intended) on the landscaping and letting areas get overgrown - good for the environment but I guess shitty for hay fever sufferers.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #409 on: June 15, 2023, 11:27:50 am »
What's allowed to be taken when pregnant?

And before anyone starts taking the piss I just want to say, no I don't have hayfever myself.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #410 on: June 15, 2023, 01:15:04 pm »
my 5 year old was going mad with his

mine is ok. Vicks nasal spray helps sometimes
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2023, 04:32:03 pm »
Appreciate that, hay fever is such a spectrum that I think a lot of people don't realise how bad it can get, I like you wouldn't wish it on anyone, it is junk, ruins my fav months at times!

1 question for you, how did you test for the allergies you know you have, I am trying to look at my options in doing that so I can better manage it in future.
I didn't actually get tested. I just worked it out myself because it was easy to do so in my case. As a youngster I didn't get hay fever at all. Not until we made a den in tall grass on our back field. I suddenly had a terrible reaction. My eyes became so swollen I couldn't see. I didn't know what was going on. Ever since that day, grass pollen has caused a terrible reaction in me.

When a teenager I used to go fishing on the canal. Not the towpath side, but the other, overgrown side. That was full of nettles and massive weeds. I reacted badly to that too.

Another thing is mould spores. I did a garden for my father-in-law some years back and lots of leaves had rotted down and were full of mould. That kicked me off too, but it's not difficult to avoid getting into that situation again.

I know I'm not allergic to tree pollen because I just don't get hay fever in tree pollen season, which comes before grass and weed pollen season.

Allergies are weird. I didn't know I had a problem with aspirin until I took some one night the ended up in the Royal on a drip by morning because I looked like the elephant man. Lumps and sweeping all over the place. Face and lips like Pete Burns.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 04:34:23 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #412 on: June 15, 2023, 07:14:18 pm »
Just reporting the 'take months in advance' thing I am seeing the benefit of.

Have had itchy eyes a bit, but during the week I wear contact lenses. A sub benefit of which is they act as a kind of guard.

I sneezed today. That was it. Hard like. When was my last post? Feels hard to post 'no problem here' haha bless yous who are suffering I hate this thing it is awful.

Mundane thread territory  ;D It feels like it's almost getting to me but... That's what I wanted

Thanks, old doctor who told me this. Mindful I might need to switch out brands, as tolerance, but might do that soon - have allergies all the time, I'm allergic to cats and dogs ffs thanks God, so this routine hasn't been bad for me

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #413 on: July 7, 2023, 12:40:09 pm »
Eyes have been driving me mad this week. Walking round in a haze like I have glaucoma or something as well as the itching.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."