Author Topic: HOME  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Downsy

• Kopite
HOME
« on: May 24, 2002, 01:24:50 pm »
I know that this sounds dramatic, but it's taken me nearly a week to come to terms with how I feel about last Fridays announcement. Maybe I was alone in having enough faith in Parry et al never to even consider leaving Anfield.

I feel that I have been betrayed by a friend, I love the club, the players, the past, the future, and would probably forgive almost anything (possibly even signing Bowyer!!!!!!!!!). But I really think that this is one step too far.

However I would never, and could never turn my back on the club, it's too important to me. But at the moment I feel as though they have ripped out my heart, and shit on it.

Everyone who has ever been to Anfield (most members here) knows that it's different. Even for reserve games, when there's only a few thousand people in the kop, you can feel the history, the aura of home. It is quite Bizarre but the first time you walk into the stadium, you just know that you belong there.

I understand the pro's and cons for leaving and think I am one of the people that they are doing it for. I am on the Season ticket waiting list. I have failed to get tickets for certain games that I really wanted to be at and have always thought that one of the worst feelings in the world was to get a dear john.

However  I'd quite happily remain on the list for another 10 years, and scrounge spares for any games that I can. Even at the expense of missing championship deciders, cos it just wont feel the same anywhere else.

I have spent hours just staring at the pictures of our lovely new home, and I hate it.

I have been to the Reebok several times (Best forgotten, that Tosser Holdsworth, then we got beat by their reserves. I even went for the rugby.) The atmosphere wasn't too bad, the ground was nice.

Nice, what does that mean? It's used when talking about a mates bird that you wouldn't even consider touching with a big shitty stick.   There is nothing worse than being described as nice, it means that it's ok but is missing something. The something that the new ground is missing is everything we already have at anfield.

Which Stadium is the one that most opposing fans look forward to visiting? it's the one that is different from all of the other new bowls. The one with the History. The one we call home. I know people from abroad who are not Liverpool Fans, they are not even football fans, but Anfield was something that they wanted to see, why?

because it's special. In fact i'd go as far as saying it's the most special place in the world to a lot of us. I can't even bear to think about leaving it for the last time. It's bad enough after the last game of the season knowing that you aren't coming back for 3 months or so. Never is a long time, and once the bulldozers move in that's it.
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
an advantage, then he should be."

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe
you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Shanks