Author Topic: The Witcher  (Read 19164 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The Witcher
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2019, 11:21:53 am »
Had high hopes for this, finally released on Netflix today.

Only watched the first episode, script is a bit all over the place while it sets everything up and it doesn’t explain much if you’ve not read the books or played the games BUT...the fight scenes are worth it alone.

Cavill is a fantastic Geralt IMO.

I've got the game, but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

Like you, I've seen Episode 1 and am not sure how much building up/explanation is needed?

Easily understandable plot with the relevant information provided by the cast as it went on. I imagine there will be more depth and backstory gradually introduced as the plot progresses.

Decent swords and sorcery effort with some pretty brutal fight scenes. I'll certainly be watching the rest of it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2019, 11:32:07 am »

Like you, I've seen Episode 1 and am not sure how much building up/explanation is needed?

Easily understandable plot with the relevant information provided by the cast as it went on. I imagine there will be more depth and backstory gradually introduced as the plot progresses.

Decent swords and sorcery effort with some pretty brutal fight scenes. I'll certainly be watching the rest of it.

Yeah I'm same as Andy

It seems to be explaining itself fine as it goes on.  I've only watched 2 episodes though and as far as I am aware all 3 stories (Yennifer, Ciri and Geralt) are all on the same timeline?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2019, 12:03:01 pm »
I've only watched 2 episodes though and as far as I am aware all 3 stories (Yennifer, Ciri and Geralt) are all on the same timeline?

Keep watching  ;D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2019, 02:47:06 pm »
Yeah I'm same as Andy

It seems to be explaining itself fine as it goes on.  I've only watched 2 episodes though and as far as I am aware all 3 stories (Yennifer, Ciri and Geralt) are all on the same timeline?

Nope.

Yennefer is set decades in the past but eventually catches upto Geralts, before they both catch up to Ciri’s whose timeline is set slightly into the future of Geralts.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2019, 03:04:59 pm »
This is how confused I got. I thought the girl with the back problem was reincarnated from the Princess who The Witcher killed but didn't really want too. Also I thought the little blonde girl who screams at stuff was the daughter of The Witcher till I found out he can't have kids. I had no idea that story line was decades in the past! I must of missed the bit they stated that.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it extremely high.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2019, 03:09:57 pm »
This is how confused I got. I thought the girl with the back problem was reincarnated from the Princess who The Witcher killed but didn't really want too. Also I thought the little blonde girl who screams at stuff was the daughter of The Witcher till I found out he can't have kids. I had no idea that story line was decades in the past! I must of missed the bit they stated that.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it extremely high.

Episode 4 is where things should start to make a bit more sense, at least the timelines anyway. I don't think the different timelines are signposted at all before that.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2019, 03:29:29 pm »
It ties the timelines up in a rewarding way for me, was very happy with how it was all revealed.
:D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2019, 03:35:12 pm »
That’s the main issue I think, it never tells you when the timelines are set, sort of just makes you watch it to figure it out.

Gutted there’s only 8 episodes. Hopefully season 2 will be released around the same time next year.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2019, 03:46:05 pm »
That’s the main issue I think, it never tells you when the timelines are set, sort of just makes you watch it to figure it out.

Gutted there’s only 8 episodes. Hopefully season 2 will be released around the same time next year.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but its 2021.

That's the issue when you use an A lister such as Cavill :(
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 03:56:51 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2019, 03:46:09 pm »

2021 I think for season 2. They haven't filmed it yet I don't think. I was reading the below from Reddit. Makes it about as clear as mud  ;D

Ciris story = present.
Geralt in 1st appearance = 50yrs behind Ciris present.
Yennefer in 1st appearance = 30-40yrs behind Geralt.

Each episode you watch after Geralts & Yennefers initial appearance they’re catching up at a really fast pace to Ciris present timeline.

So in episode 4 as you mention, years have passed since when we first see Geralt and the bard meet.

When we see Geralt in episode 1.. Queen Calanthe is around 12yrs old
When we see Geralt in episode 4.. Queen Calanthe daughter is pregnant with Ciri When we see Geralt in episode 7.. it catches up to Ciris timeframe from episode 1

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2019, 04:26:00 pm »
Nope.

Yennefer is set decades in the past but eventually catches upto Geralts, before they both catch up to Ciri’s whose timeline is set slightly into the future of Geralts.
Yeah, was wondering about the chronology up until about halfway through episode 4, which I was about to chalk off as a bit of a confusing bore, but it made things more clear right near the end of the episode when amusingly Geralt put his foot in it, and suddenly it made a bit of sense.

So, Yennefer's is well in the past. She's furthest back. Geralt is still in the past, but in the middle, and Ciri, I think, is also in the past, but the furthest forward.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »
The setting up of the story has been a bit chaotic for those that aren't immersed in the world. I've reached the 4th episode and am finding my feet with it more but it's been too confusing with the various locations and names and their significance and the timelines being different is completely news to me.

I thought at first it was a bit cheesy, sub-LoTR fare and the comparisons to GoT way off, its not on its level at all but its watchable and its enjoyable once you figure out what's sort of going. Tbf, I thought the Witcher was going to be a one dimensional grunting meathead all the way through as I find Henry Cavill pretty wooden but he's done well and become more rounded as its progressed.

Like the hunchback girl being taken to some magic school, then randomly meeting that lad because portals/magic or something, it didn't really explain any of that so it feels a bit rushed together at times with big jumps happening like with the Nifelgard lot that the Queen/King were talking about one minute, then the next minute its into a full on battle, requires a little more exposition at times.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:40:18 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2019, 05:29:20 pm »
The issue with the story is they've tried to cram 3 books into a single season and tie it all together whilst trying to convey the world and explain the lore. I think by the end its fundamentally done a good job and expect the follow up season to be much more streamlined.

Netflix really should have given it the GoT treatment but I'm not sure they'd get Cavill for that long and they don't tend to like more than 3 seasons anyway.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2019, 05:45:34 pm »
The issue with the story is they've tried to cram 3 books into a single season and tie it all together whilst trying to convey the world and explain the lore. I think by the end its fundamentally done a good job and expect the follow up season to be much more streamlined.

Netflix really should have given it the GoT treatment but I'm not sure they'd get Cavill for that long and they don't tend to like more than 3 seasons anyway.

They've got a full 7 seasons planned out for it and by all accounts, Cavill is well on board to do them all as he loves the books and the games.

Could certainly see this running for a while, especially with the viewing numbers the first series hit.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2019, 07:33:14 pm »
Anya Chalotra is stunning.

Enjoyed the show so far. As I know nothing of this prior to watching it's abit difficult to follow at times but been good. Cavill and the Bard have been excellent.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2019, 10:26:53 pm »
Was I alone in being surprised to find that the fella who plays Mousesack isnt actually Oscar Isaac? ;D

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2019, 08:35:23 am »
Anya Chalotra is stunning.

Enjoyed the show so far. As I know nothing of this prior to watching it's abit difficult to follow at times but been good. Cavill and the Bard have been excellent.

Well her character was one of the main reasons I kept watching as I found her fascinating. After watching a few more episodes last night I'm glad I did  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2019, 10:01:30 pm »
Never read the books or played the game, enjoy high fantasy some and swords and sorcery quite a bit, watched first episode, quite enjoyed it.

Atmosphere is subtly different from the standard sort of western european-based fantasy; sort of eastern european rather than western, if that makes any sense.

One question occurred...

Spoiler
Why did Renfri want Geralt to kill the wizard with the cool name and all the fake hot women? Why did she not do it herself? Is it revealed later that in some way only a witcher-type would have the best chance of success? Didn't she say that magic did not work on her right before they fought? Would that not stand her in good stead in trying to kill the sorcerer?
[close]
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2019, 10:10:19 pm »
Don't get why people are getting confused with timelines. I've never played the games or read the books but by episode 4/5 it all makes sense. I think it's been boss so far. Good mixture with complex character beginning and the humour.
Ye wha la.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2019, 03:14:48 am »
I think a lot of that appearance is down to it being made for HDR in mind, and also to replicate a lot of the aesthetic and art direction of the games. One scene with Roach sitting outside with cliffs and the highrise shacks looked like it was grabbed straight out of a cut scene from the game. I don't think it looks bad, though. In fact, I'm pretty impressed with how it looks and the overall cinematography in it. It still has that made for TV feel to it, but in some scenes it could be from a high budget film, especially some of the indoor shots. I was expecting it to look a lot worse, but they've done a good job with it. It's not Game of Thrones levels of production, but it doesn't have to be.

Funny that you should say that.  Have a look from 5:00 onwards.  Look familiar?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rOIwut95HMw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rOIwut95HMw</a>

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2019, 12:31:08 am »
Never read the books or played the game, enjoy high fantasy some and swords and sorcery quite a bit, watched first episode, quite enjoyed it.

Atmosphere is subtly different from the standard sort of western european-based fantasy; sort of eastern european rather than western, if that makes any sense.

One question occurred...

Spoiler
Why did Renfri want Geralt to kill the wizard with the cool name and all the fake hot women? Why did she not do it herself? Is it revealed later that in some way only a witcher-type would have the best chance of success? Didn't she say that magic did not work on her right before they fought? Would that not stand her in good stead in trying to kill the sorcerer?
[close]

Geralt has access to him and she didn’t.

(Sorry I don’t know how to use spoilers and that’s the vaguest way I could answer that.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2019, 01:54:25 am »

Geralt has access to him and she didn’t.

(Sorry I don’t know how to use spoilers and that’s the vaguest way I could answer that.

use of spoiler tags, remove the spaces after the initial bracket... [_spoiler] type text [_/spoiler]

Spoiler
Had the same idea thinking about it last night, when he sort of melded through the door to go into the sorcerer's abode, Renfri could not do the same and thus needed Geralt to kill him, right?
[close]
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline lucabrasi

• sleepswiththefishes
  • Main Stander
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2019, 05:44:12 am »
Really good show. The author obviously took the character from Michael Moorcock’s novels about Elric of Melnibone from the 1960s. That character had white hair, was called the white wolf, had a side kick, and used magic and was not human. Even so this version is very good.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2019, 09:42:36 am »
use of spoiler tags, remove the spaces after the initial bracket... [_spoiler] type text [_/spoiler]

Spoiler
Had the same idea thinking about it last night, when he sort of melded through the door to go into the sorcerer's abode, Renfri could not do the same and thus needed Geralt to kill him, right?
[close]

Spoiler
Aye, the portal would have let Stregabore know who was coming through, so I imagine that Renfree wasn’t able to get the drop on him and would have put herself in danger.

Although it does leave a plot hole that if Magic doesn’t work on her, would the portal?
[close]

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2019, 04:16:04 am »
Shoutout to the music on the show.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E2bNdbAcQSI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E2bNdbAcQSI</a>

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2019, 05:20:06 pm »
Finished it last night. Thought it was fine enough, but it had really big problems that I hope it can correct going forward. Can't help but feel 8 episodes wasn't anywhere near enough, and the writers had to find a way to cram far too many threads in, but ended up being here nor there as far as feeling like a cohesive narrative, and a lot of the character and world building suffered as a result.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2019, 07:32:56 pm »
Finished it last night. Thought it was fine enough, but it had really big problems that I hope it can correct going forward. Can't help but feel 8 episodes wasn't anywhere near enough, and the writers had to find a way to cram far too many threads in, but ended up being here nor there as far as feeling like a cohesive narrative, and a lot of the character and world building suffered as a result.

It’s based on the first 2 books which are pretty much short stories, i’d imagine the next series will be more of a linear story.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2019, 10:56:55 pm »
It’s based on the first 2 books which are pretty much short stories, i’d imagine the next series will be more of a linear story.
It needs to be now that all the convoluted stuff is out of the way. Each one of those arcs probably needed a series or two to develop properly to give a better sense of the relationships between the characters, especially Geralt's and Jennifer's and the mage fella from the start. It just felt a little too rushed. Jennifer developed too quickly. They could have really pulled at the heart strings of the viewer with her when she was deformed and downtrodden. She seemed a really sympathetic character you felt sorry for, but liked, then suddenly she was this powerful sorceress that Geralt bonded with in the space of one episode. Anyway, all that aside, hopefully they develop it into a more structured and streamlined narrative for the second series.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2019, 06:53:37 pm »
After playing The Witcher 2 & 3, then subsequently reading the first two books, I am happy to see that the show is definitely a mix of the two. The first book, which details Geralt's contracts as a Witcher were well depicted in the show and as the show goes on it develops more of the Ciri storyline which is more of the second book.

The producers have been heavily influenced by the game in the surroundings and style of clothing etc, and it all looks nicely designed overall.

Wasn't sure whether they had got the casting right before I saw the show, however Cavill's Geralt is perfect and Anya Cholatra as Yennefer is very well cast. Can't believe the girl who plays Ciri is 18 though. She looks 12 :D

Looking forward to next season

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2019, 05:56:42 am »
Didn't expect to like it this much, waiting for series 2 will suck

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2019, 08:36:30 am »
Enjoyed it overall but its felt disjointed at times and some of the acting from minor characters has been ropey.

The bard/sidekick guy is really fucking irritating as well, I get this James Cordon vibe where the Americans have thought "this guy is going to be HILARIOUS!!" and the wisecracking just ends up coming off as naff and annoying.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2019, 09:54:54 am »
Apparently they haven't even started shooting the second season though so we might be waiting a while. Very tempted to play through 3 again after watching!

I am doing that exactly because of the show, just finished Velen and Norvigrad and accidentally got up to lvl 22 so basically one shotting my way through the Skellige Islands, woops!

Wasn't sure whether they had got the casting right before I saw the show, however Cavill's Geralt is perfect and Anya Cholatra as Yennefer is very well cast. Can't believe the girl who plays Ciri is 18 though. She looks 12 :D

I thought this too, she has a proper baby face! Probably works in her favour mind, as shes currently portraying younger Ciri, with makeup and some scar etc she might be able transition into older Ciri without having the need for another actress depending on how the story goes...

The bard/sidekick guy is really fucking irritating as well, I get this James Cordon vibe where the Americans have thought "this guy is going to be HILARIOUS!!" and the wisecracking just ends up coming off as naff and annoying.

That's his whole character though, Dandelion would piss you right off in the games too  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:30:43 am by PhilV »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
The Witcher
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2019, 01:57:30 pm »
Finished the second episode. Mixed feelings so far. I can sort of deal with the confusion surrounding being dropped in at the deep end. I like fantasy stuff so I’m willing to deal with that.

I find the world to be a bit inauthentic. When I watch something like Vikings I get the real sense that the characters are out in the wild. This series often lets slip that it’s all in a studio. It’s a bit too “clean” if that makes sense.

Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer are great but the supporting cast are pretty weak. That bard in the second episode was painful. The song was unbearably corny.

I will stick with it though. Just interested to see if anyone agrees. Again, only up to episode two so no spoilers please!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2019, 02:44:30 pm »
I think the song was supposed to be corny :D

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2019, 04:27:08 pm »
I am doing that exactly because of the show, just finished Velen and Norvigrad and accidentally got up to lvl 22 so basically one shotting my way through the Skellige Islands, woops!

That's his whole character though, Dandelion would piss you right off in the games too  ;D

If you've seen the series how much does it spoil the game? Got bought Witcher 3 for Xmas and going to start on it soon.

Aww, you're kidding? Ffs  ;D I get he's supposed to be an annoying twat but surely a character like that has to have some endearing qualities at least? I'm not sure their aim for him is the audience wishing he dies as soon as possible. I had a look of the notoriously hypocritical Reddit board and alot genuinely seem to find him a great, lovable and funny character.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 04:32:53 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »
If you've seen the series how much does it spoil the game? Got bought Witcher 3 for Xmas and going to start on it soon.

The show doesn't spoil it at all, they're set about a decade apart. In fact, the show might actually aid your enjoyment of the game, as it gives a bit of a backstory to some of the big characters.

The game is an absolute masterpiece, I'm replaying it for about the 5th time. ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2019, 06:33:25 pm »
Resumed the series after Christmas and just watched episode 3

Absolutely bloody superb episode

The whole scene from dusk till dawn with Geralt and the Shtriga was immense.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2019, 06:39:50 pm »
I think the song was supposed to be corny :D
Yeah, all his songs are. He's a corny character. A stark contrast to Geralt. I don't mind that at all. Sort of reminds me of mid to late 90's TV like Xena and Buffy. Not that I watched either one of those, but they both had that lighthearted, cheesiness to them. It's a bit more subtle in this, but it's there.

Finished the second episode. Mixed feelings so far. I can sort of deal with the confusion surrounding being dropped in at the deep end. I like fantasy stuff so I’m willing to deal with that.

I find the world to be a bit inauthentic. When I watch something like Vikings I get the real sense that the characters are out in the wild. This series often lets slip that it’s all in a studio. It’s a bit too “clean” if that makes sense.

Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer are great but the supporting cast are pretty weak. That bard in the second episode was painful. The song was unbearably corny.

I will stick with it though. Just interested to see if anyone agrees. Again, only up to episode two so no spoilers please!
It has that same feel that you're watching something that's obviously a small set, but with a bigger green screen environment in the background that I felt when watching the Mandalorian. I think it's a by-product of filming for digital streaming, where they'll film with a higher resolution so that when it gets compressed and streamed, it doesn't look so bad. It just gives everything a less cinematic look to it, which is why if you look at the indoor scenes, where everything is obviously real, it just looks a lot better.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 1, 2020, 03:17:56 am »
Absolutely loved it! Witcher 3 is one of my all time favourite games (along with God of War), and I was determined to give this a miss so as not to be disappointed because well, Cavill and Netflix. But 10 minutes in and I was absolutely sold on Geralt and I can't have enough of it.

I don't mind the timelines. It would have been frustrating for me to wait for Ciri Spoiler regarding Ciri/Geralt dynamic
Spoiler
since to me Ciri is the heart of the story and Geralt's quest to protect her and strive to give her a happy future
[close]
and the timelines was a neat way to bring her in this early. In anycase they were clearly signposted and it was not a convoluted Nolan thingy, and it should go normally from now on (with flashbacks I assume).

Can't wait for more! Its like having bonus content/ prequel for me, but I suspect people who are new to the series won't like it as much.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 1, 2020, 01:21:43 pm »
Just bought witcher 3 after this and had a look at some videos for the other 2 games. After you get past the wayward timeline, it's a great show
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now