Author Topic: Lease car advice  (Read 5390 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lease car advice
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2023, 09:19:03 pm »
I'd remove the bit about seeing an optician, find a nicer way of saying it
Found that bit funny myself ;D

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2023, 09:21:38 pm »

To be fair I've changed it to

I have not shown anyone yet that thinks that is acceptable from that photo.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2023, 09:29:59 pm »

So did I but I bet the leasing company wont ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2023, 10:33:07 am »
I've just checked our company car policy as reading this has got me thinking i might get stitched up in about 10 months when i return the car.

There is a small scratch in the paint which i can T-cut, so i'm not worried about that, but over the years there are a scuffs on the alloys - nothing major just the usual round the edge marks......

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2023, 12:31:30 pm »
I have a lease Audi E-Tron. It’s been so good I’m well over my mileage allowance for the year.

Had a wee problem charging it last week: there’s a council site round the corner from my home, so I’ve just got into the habit of slow charging it overnight once or twice a week. Charging is free in this part of the world via a company. I went out last Monday to unplug & go to work, but couldn’t pull the cable out of the device. Phoned the company and they said they’d get engineers out to solve the problem. After a couple of days they did so & returned the cable. They said it had effectively fused with the charging device-part of it was still attached! On advice of the leasing company I took the damaged cable to my local Audi dealer. Their engineer said that they’d never seen anything like it. However, since it was the device end & not car end that had failed they said Audi wouldn’t be liable. I assumed the charging device company will have to stump up? Out of interest I asked the Audi engineer how much the charging cables run to…£800!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2023, 09:20:10 am »
I've just checked our company car policy as reading this has got me thinking i might get stitched up in about 10 months when i return the car.

There is a small scratch in the paint which i can T-cut, so i'm not worried about that, but over the years there are a scuffs on the alloys - nothing major just the usual round the edge marks......

Might be worth you booking it in to a wheel refurb place a week before it goes back, garage i use were telling a customer they pay about £125 a wheel to get them done, fella I used to work with had a golf on lease and he got fucked big style over scuffed alloys, it was over a grand. You're looking at £500 a wheel at least for new ones.

It'd be worth getting a pre return inspection if you can and sorting it all. Stuff like that headlight scratch on the BMW can be fixed for a fraction of the cost. I priced them up and leds for Beemers are over £1200. I reckon they will charge for the headlight cost, then get the one on the car repaired and pocket the cash. I used to walk past Evans Halshaw every day and there was a gazebo in the rear yard and cars were in there having scratches touched up, scuffs and marks done etc
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 09:39:17 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2023, 09:43:20 am »
It's meant to be on that picture above. Which I cant see

If these do charge you, tell them you want the original headlight. Thinking about this, there is no way they will have it changed, they'll either get it repaired and pocket the change or more likely do fuck all and leave it and dump the car with British car auctions and the dealer who buys it won't do a thing unless the customer demands the scratch is removed.

If the actually did swap the light you could get it fixed easy and sell it for £1k on ebay
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2023, 04:36:50 pm »
If these do charge you, tell them you want the original headlight. Thinking about this, there is no way they will have it changed, they'll either get it repaired and pocket the change or more likely do fuck all and leave it and dump the car with British car auctions and the dealer who buys it won't do a thing unless the customer demands the scratch is removed.

If the actually did swap the light you could get it fixed easy and sell it for £1k on ebay

No wonder cars are so damn expensive.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2023, 06:07:53 pm »

I had a look about for the light and I was seeing them at around £1200, then depending on how easy/difficult changing the light is, it could add another £100 to £500 in labour.

The one for £1k has disappeared off ebay now, but there are a few in the £500 to £800 price range (used not new)

I remember about 25 years ago, maybe more, a bike mag priced up building a Suzuki GSXR750 from genuine parts ordered from a main dealer, the bike was £6500 new or there abouts, its was £35k in parts  :o  The decals for my fairings are probably out of production now, but a full set from Honda was £750 - thats stickers ffs
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 06:10:37 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2023, 09:59:28 pm »
I've sent that email, just gunna wait on the reply. I'll stick it on here once they get back.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2023, 11:24:04 pm »

It's true, I guess when you think about what's in a headlight cluster these days it's not like just buying a bulb for some old Cortina. My Mini is still worth about 10k probably, but if I wanted to buy a replacement headlight cluster it would be about 10% of the whole cost of the car based on prices I've seen (it's got the bi-xenon lights).

Car manufacturers don't want it to be economical to repair old cars, they want you trading it in for a small amount off some brand new generic SUV, or the even newer generic eSUV.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?