Author Topic: LFC announces financial results for the year to May 31, 2017  (Read 67568 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC announces financial results for the year to May 31, 2017
« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2018, 10:33:37 pm »
That is exactly what I am saying. We have good owners who have done a very good job of getting us into a competitive position. As you say they are not fans so the expectation is that they will continue to prioritise the needs of the business over the needs of the team.

Personally I don't have a problem with the way they have stabilised the business and put us on a sound financial footing. My point would be that unless we want to become the next Arsenal then there has to become a point where we decide to compete.

What we need to do is to stop propping up the business by selling players for huge profits and take an amortisation hit and start acting the way the big boys do. Our major rivals don't sell their best players and look for the next big thing.

We are now at the point at which the Club generates profits pretty much year in year out. From a business point of view it makes sense to leverage Capital investments on to the Club. Put the Clubs revenues into bricks and mortar, the Main Stand, The Anfield Road and the Academy. The owners see the value of their investment increase and their profit on sale increases.

From a Football perspective what we need is to stop selling our best players and to build a squad that means our KPI is competing for the title and not top 4 qualification. That means breaking the cycle and actually signing players for more than we sell them for. To be able to do that in the short term means taking a hit on amortisation. To do that we can't afford to repay £250m in loans for Capital expenditure and assets that are ultimately owned by FSG.

We have the right manager, a Coach with a proven track record and if we don't try and breakthrough the glass ceiling between us and the elite then we might as well give up.

Fuck me you are quite possibly the most boring person in the world. How you get up in a morning is beyond me, never mind how you can sit on here and argue the most mundane points over and over. Here's a hint, if it's always you against the world then you're more than likely 99.9% wrong and you might have to change your viewpoint

The bit I have bolded. How are we not competing? How can you watch us over the last 18-24 months and say with a straight face that we aren't trying to compete? We have been in 2 cup finals, qualified for the CL for the 1st time in 3 years and have repeatedly spent massive money on players to consistently improve the first team squad and hence improve the squad as a whole. In that time we have also broken our transfer record 4 times (Mane (depending on bonus payments I think), Salah, Keita and VVD). We have broken the world record for a defender for Christ sake

We have a manager who knows what he wants and has us playing fantastic football. If City weren't having a once in a generation season then we'd be up there possibly fighting for a league title with the 2 Manc clubs and we have a chance to knock the c*nts out of the CL but yet you don't think we're competing. I reckon no matter how good we play you're one of the ones who still say shit like 'but we sold Coutinho'

Between you and your boring anti-FSG agenda and that poster Fido with their outright lies and bullshit this thread which should have been about breaking down financial results and maybe shedding some praise on the owners has turned into shit

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #641 on: March 20, 2018, 10:48:56 pm »
The club is in a good place.

There’s a clear plan for development of the team, signings are welll thought out and fit the team, you can see how we can take the next step.

We’re in a good place with infrastructure.  New training complex, and hopefully an new Annie road end.

And finances are in a pretty good state too..

The forces are aligned well.. it’s been since before Moore’s when we could last say that.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #642 on: March 20, 2018, 10:54:09 pm »
The club is in a good place.

There’s a clear plan for development of the team, signings are welll thought out and fit the team, you can see how we can take the next step.

We’re in a good place with infrastructure.  New training complex, and hopefully an new Annie road end.

And finances are in a pretty good state too..

The forces are aligned well.. it’s been since before Moore’s when we could last say that.

Can we close this thread now. Please.